PDA

View Full Version : Texas at Nebraska

SrA Husker
01-22-2007, 04:44 PM
Venue: Bob Devaney Sports Center, Lincoln
Time: Wednesday 7:00pm
Television: FSN Midwest, Dish 448, DirectTV 667, Tyler-Longview Ch. 2
FSN Southwest Customers: Austin-San Antonio and areas south of San Antonio to Gulf and border and west to El Paso.
Spread: ???

While Nebraska has never been known as much of a basketball power, Doc Sadler is aiming to change that. Unfortunately, he has to work with a lineup recruited by Barry Collier that's also plagued with injuries. Despite that, he's lead Nebraska to a 1-2, 12-5 record, with a perfect 9-0 home record including a 12pt defeat over in-state rival #20 Creighton. Texas is aiming to save their 3 game road trip with atleast one victory, having already lost in Stillwater and Philadelphia, causing them to drop out of the Top 25.

Prediction: Nebraska 65, Texas 60

MajorMike
01-22-2007, 04:50 PM
I can't decide which version of which team will show up. UT out talents Neb by a mile, but UT is impossible to figure right now.

SrA Husker
01-22-2007, 04:56 PM
I can't decide which version of which team will show up. UT out talents Neb by a mile, but UT is impossible to figure right now.

I totally agree it depends on who shows up, for both teams. The version of Nebraska that went to Norman can't compete against Montana Institute for the Blind...however, the Creighton win earlier in the season, breaking a losing streak to the in-state rival, was completely shocking and great basketball.

Here's hoping the 5:30am practice after a late-night plane ride back to Lincoln after that OU game fixed that problem for good.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-22-2007, 07:07 PM
A huge reason UT plays really good or really bad is because of one AJ Abrams. When he's stroking it, we are a bad ass offense, when he's not, then defenses just crowd durant to a ridiculous extent, and our offense stagnates

mookie2001
01-22-2007, 07:13 PM
and rebounding, they go for like 10 min stretches where they dont even lift their arms or turn their heads to get the fucking ball, it doesnt help either when Barnes lets 4 guards play around durant in the "post"

Ballcox
01-22-2007, 07:29 PM
^ Abrams is definitely an indicator for our team, when he's on we play well. But for God sakes will someone light a fire under this team so that we can actually begin rebounding the ball? I have a feeling that rebounding will continue to be a weak spot for us all season.

mookie2001
01-22-2007, 07:33 PM
James is the only guy we've got who is actually a true post player, hes a great rebounder, but hes only 6-7 and cant play 40 min a game (conner athley blows), like i said before if durant would actually TRY to rebound instead of just using his speed, jumping and longass arms, he would average like 15 or 17 boards per game, he has to learn how to use his body, put on some muthle, and realize right now hes a post player on a team that isnt rebounding worth shit

johngateswhiteley
01-22-2007, 11:33 PM
i'd like to see nebraska win and give t.u. another conference loss, but i kind of expect them to rebound here and win.

t.u. 72
nebraska 69

LaMarcus Bryant
01-22-2007, 11:46 PM
As generic as the announcers sounded, i think fatigue did play a role in the villanova game...after watching these kids fight like drowning aggs, i will not admit that they just gave up and coasted that villanova game...when the heat came on, augustin turned it up too, but i think durant was feelin heavy legs cuz he was flat footed for most of that second half.

MajorMike
01-23-2007, 09:21 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I don't have much faith in this UT team. That is not to say I do in Neb, but I see a plethora of losses for UT - @ ttek, @ atm, @ uo, @ KU, atm home, and possibly @ Neb.

I haven't seen the spread, but Neb is 4-0 ATS at home while UT is 2-7 ATS their last 9 road games. If UT is more than -2, I would take that in a heartbeat.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-23-2007, 05:16 PM
I would think the same way if we hadn't won two road games against two pretty good SEC teams.

MajorMike
01-24-2007, 02:34 PM
I would think the same way if we hadn't won two road games against two pretty good SEC teams.

What??? You beat LSU and arKy - both at home. You lost at Tenn. The ONLY road game UT has won was at Colo (Lost @ Tenn, OSU, Nova). They beat St. John's on a neutral floor.

Anyhow, UT is a 1.5 point fave. That would be a very tough bet. I think it very possible that Neb can win this game, but UT still has Durant.

tlongII
01-24-2007, 02:39 PM
UT should win this. If they don't Mookie and CBF's chodes will explode.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-24-2007, 06:49 PM
my bad dont know wheeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrre my headdddddddddddds aattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

SrA Husker
01-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Texas escapes with the W in a very close 1 point game.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-24-2007, 10:15 PM
Here in fucking hellhole of Dallas they showed KANSAS AT BAYLOR on fox fucking south west...then on the local DFW channel we get an incredibly over analog shitty receptioned A&M-Tech game. That one was at least fun to watch the end of.

UT is still in the conference title picture. We have a very tough road ahead.

SrA husker--did you watch? Any comments? I noticed Augustin had an incredibly shitty offensive game on the box score.

SrA Husker
01-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Yes, I watched...

Durant was hot, as is normal. Otherwise I think Nebraska did a good job of shutting down the rest of the team. Abrams was hot from the 3pt line. Nebraska competed very well despite obviously having less talent...to me, it was clear Nebraska had superior coaching, but just doesn't have the players yet. Nebraska also let Texas hit a free shot with .4 seconds left at the end of the first half which ended up costing us the game.

I'm excited for Nebraska basketball a year or two down the line when Doc has some of his own recruits are in. His performance shows just how much Barry Collier was a disaster for the team, both coaching and recruiting.

Last year this was an easy victory for Texas at the Erwin center, that I watched live unfortunately. Complete turnaround this year with mainly the same players.