PDA

View Full Version : This team needs to believe in itself!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-22-2007, 11:48 PM
I just don't get this team. They have the talent to be as good as anyone - we lack for youth and athleticism, but our bigs are fine (I really like Fab and Elson, and Horry is playing well at the moment... except tonight), our Big 3 bring it when we need them to, and although we lack for a backup PG, our guards are also pretty damn good, especially with Barry shooting and hustling the way he has this season.

The problem is not talent but belief. You can tell that this team doesn't yet believe in each other fully, nor their ability as a unit to be an elite team. It's very frustrating, because I know that they could be, and they show it for stretches. However, every game they seem to hit a patch where they forget to pass, forget the rack, jack Js that don't go down, then they tighten up and forget what makes them great - passing, movement, getting to the hole and playing loose.

The upcoming Rodeo Roadtrip is a MINEFIELD - lotsa good teams. If they go 4-4 or 5-3 then they've done well but it won't mean anything, if they go 6-2 or better we might well have seen the moment they've finally gelled and started to believe in themselves, the start of their run for the trophy. If they go 3-5 or worse, they aren't going anywhere this year.

This year it is the TEAM that needs to BELIEVE, not the fans. We need to shut the hell up with the criticism and give them some love. They need to believe in themselves. They have all the tools, do they have the cohesion?

angel_luv
01-22-2007, 11:49 PM
I <3 the Spurs! :)

Viva Las Espuelas
01-22-2007, 11:50 PM
Sandimashighschoolfootballrules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Budkin
01-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Sandimashighschoolfootballrules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit a Bill and Ted reference! :lmao

duncanchick21
01-23-2007, 12:13 AM
well said ruffn ready!!! :blah :toast

Marcus Bryant
01-23-2007, 12:16 AM
Fuck, this team needs to make sure it has a fresh case of Depends in the lockerroom.

Was Caldwell Jones not available?

Agloco
01-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Fuck, this team needs to make sure it has a fresh case of Depends in the lockerroom.

Was Caldwell Jones not available?

:lol :lol :lol