PDA

View Full Version : Barry should be the x factor of the spurs

ginobili fan
01-23-2007, 09:41 AM
I think barry should definetly be our 6th man,not finley,not horry,not elson,but yaeh, barry can absolutely help this team so much.
So play more barry and less udrich, less finley.
His numbers are very good:20min,50%fg,48%3points,90%ft and 9points.
Then he is our best man after the big 3.
Actually,we can not trade him,it would be insane.
So he should have more responsabilities than any other bench player.(especially finley)

MajorMike
01-23-2007, 09:55 AM
I agree... if Barry were anything close to consistant. When he's not, he's dang near terrible. I do appreciate his hustle 100% of the time he's out there tho. Some players come in and jog around when they aren't involved in the play, but Barry is sprinting as he cuts down low and screaming around trying to free someone else up even when he's not the main target. I like that in his game.

LEONARD
01-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Fake hustle...

I hope Barry is relied on as the x factor... :fro

Streakyshooter08
01-23-2007, 10:04 AM
The question is if he can translate it to the playoffs...

Mr. Body
01-23-2007, 10:08 AM
He already is the x-factor off the bench. He's the only dynamic player they have capable of multiple things.

ginobili fan
01-23-2007, 10:22 AM
He already is the x-factor off the bench. He's the only dynamic player they have capable of multiple things.

yeah you're right he already is the x-factor :lol

ALVAREZ6
01-23-2007, 10:44 AM
WTF do you mean Barry should be the x-factor? Someone isn't just deemed x-factor on a team, you have to play like it. Barry should/is the 6th man is a valid statement, but he should be the x-factor? Tell him that yourself.

T Park
01-23-2007, 10:48 AM
When Barry actually shows up for the playoffs, wich he has never done in his career, then you can rely on him as an X factor.

Wake up people.

whottt
01-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Barry has a lot to contribute on the offensive side of the ball, IF he's allowed to do so...and not so much defensively.

Personally I think the Spurs overemphasize D at times to a fault and it hurts our offense...Magic Johnson and Larry Bird couldn't play D worth a flip either(and if steals are your judge then Barry is a good defender as well) , not saying Barry is anything near that caliber of player, but he is a versatile offensive player when he is allowed to be a big part of the offense and I think more often than not he can cure what ails our offense if allowed to do so. IMO, he is the best passer on the team.

All that's neither here nor there though...

The Spurs have match up problems with most of the elite teams in the league and there is no one on our roster that really cures that problem...Elson can offset it some, perhaps Bonner can, and Finley at times, but basically, until we get that hole plugged, we will continue to leak water....

And it doesn't matter what Barry or Finley do....

Somewhere Taruky is smiling...

T Park
01-23-2007, 10:55 AM
Personally I think the Spurs overemphasize D at times

Yup.. :lol

Cause defense has NOT been the problem this year.

whottt
01-23-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm a huge Dildo

:tu your best take ever

Hey slick, how about you tell me which team has the #1 scoring D in the NBA...

Then go back and consider that our major problem.

You are right, albeit in your typical limited perspective...we have D problems cause by the positional mismatch I mentioned...However, in lieu of you pulling a 6'9 NBA player out of your ass, the best way to offset that problem is offensive execution in critical moments of the game.

Now fuck off.

boutons_
01-23-2007, 11:19 AM
WTF is an x-factor?

It's pretty clear, just like in the 05 playoffs, with a 7 man rotation, Brent will be the b/c rotation and Robert will be the f/c rotation.

Michael has to be hitting at a very high %age to make a contribution since he's been a one-dimensional scorer his entire career, and his scoring falls off in the playoffs, not steps up.

I do appreciate his hustling and grabbing a few boards, which is a good way to thank Pop for letting him get all those point-less minutes. I wonder if he would hustle so much if his shots were falling?

johnpaulwall21
01-23-2007, 01:45 PM
How can he be the x-factor, because his ass is always on the trading block.

MajorMike
01-23-2007, 01:52 PM
AI was on the trading block, or at least rumored to be, for years.

pad300
01-23-2007, 02:44 PM
Fake hustle...

WTF is "Fake" hustle? How do you fake working hard? It may be stupid hustle, it may unsuccessful hustle, but fake?

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-23-2007, 02:48 PM
Barry is useless vs. the Mavs in the playoffs

Hoy
01-23-2007, 05:00 PM
I don't think Barry can be the x factor of the Spurs in play-off because he can't shoot with people in his face. Barry struggles against Houston and Mavricks because he does not have open looks. Another myth about Barry is that he has high BB IQ. I don't see it. He often pass from his open shoot position to people who have less open look and lesser shooter to boot. In fact, his passes are often pass-for-passing-sake. Which may or may not advance the offense. And his idea of defense is usually give a ticky-tack foul for 3 point old fashioned way. He and Oberto had to be leading the league in those sad stats. Unless Barry is hitting 50+% in his shooting, half of which is 3 pointers, he is a liability. You can't depend on him in pressure situations.

MoSpur
01-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Barry has been the most productive for the Spurs off the bench so far. He needs to do that in the playoffs though. His three point shooting needs to be really good come playoff time for the Spurs to be dangerous.

VaSpursFan
01-23-2007, 05:17 PM
He often pass from his open shoot position to people who have less open look and lesser shooter to boot. In fact, his passes are often pass-for-passing-sake.

i can't tell you how many times that i screamed at the TV telling him to pull the trigger on the open 3 only to have him pass the ball to someone else who is covered. that and bowen trying to create a shot off the dribble drives me insane. know your strenghts and play to those...barry = spot up shooter, so pull the trigger dammit!! if you're going to get yanked, get yanked for being aggressive and trying to help this team win.

TwoHandJam
01-23-2007, 09:23 PM
I don't think Barry can be the x factor of the Spurs in play-off because he can't shoot with people in his face. Barry struggles against Houston and Mavricks because he does not have open looks.
Bingo.

I love Barry but he can be easily neutralized by just keeping an average defender on him. His game doesn't translate well come playoff time.

jbspurs
01-24-2007, 01:35 AM
Bingo.

I love Barry but he can be easily neutralized by just keeping an average defender on him. His game doesn't translate well come playoff time.

He can play point when needed!