PDA

View Full Version : Backup Plan for Swingman Acquisition

SenorSpur
01-23-2007, 01:54 PM
In case the Spurs cannot land Maggette, it would appear that the Warriors may be a formidable trading parter because of the many swingmen that have - provided of course they don't thumb their noses at the limited assets the Spurs have to offer.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/44353/20070123/warriors_to_deal_richardson_this_summer/

Warriors To Deal Richardson This Summer?
23rd January, 2007 - 8:33 am
New York Post -
Jason Richardson has a good chance at being dealt this summer, according to one team executive that spoke with Peter Vecsey of the New York Post.

The Warriors have a logjam of swingmen

By no means am I suggesting Jason Richardson as a likely acquisition choice because he's got a "killer" contract.

The Warriors probably are in no hurry to breakup the logjam they have at the swing spot.

Mr. Body
01-23-2007, 02:08 PM
Nelson apparently doesn't think much of Barnes. Who knows. Vaughn (for contract) plus a second might do it.

Streakyshooter08
01-23-2007, 02:25 PM
Yeah, I would love to see Barnes, Ariza or even Khryapa in a Spurs Jersey this year. Richardson won't be an option because of the mentioned contract. It will be interesting to see if the Spurs will land a SF till the trading deadline...

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-23-2007, 03:27 PM
I think it should be a forum rule that if you link to any Peter Vecsey rumor, you are banned for a week.

T Park
01-23-2007, 03:30 PM
:lol

VaSpursFan
01-23-2007, 03:38 PM
I think it should be a forum rule that if you link to any Peter Vecsey rumor, you are banned for a week.

:lol :lol :lol i agree...this butt munch is always screaming about his sources but no one likes him. his column continually maligns players and Front offices so why would the give him the scoop. take anything this dork says with a grain of salt :nope :nope

by the way...talk about stating the obvious regarding GS glut of swingmen. that's a team full of small forwards :lol :lol

Cry Havoc
01-23-2007, 03:43 PM

LOL

You get a pink dancing oliphant for that one.

:elephant

SenorSpur
01-23-2007, 04:05 PM
Would love to get Barnes. However because he's such a West Coast guy, I just don't know if he'd play here. I imagine some other team will give him a shot based on his emergence.

spurtime
01-23-2007, 05:24 PM
Someone like Barnes just seems like a bandaid over a hatchet wound.

Nice analogy...And accurate, if gruesome.

SequSpur
01-23-2007, 06:31 PM
I think we are good now... we just beat the Sixers and the Celtics. Why trade anybody? they are fukin winning dude.

yavozerb
01-23-2007, 06:35 PM
Are we 30-13 with 3rd best record in the NBA w/out playing our best basketball or what??Damn, people are acting like where in last or something. Yes, the spurs are getting older but so is every other team by the day!!

bigdog
01-23-2007, 10:38 PM
the spurs are the oldest team in the league. something has to happen before the trade deadline,if you see how dallas and phoenix are playing,and now the way that the iverson-melo duo is working out in denver, the spurs are gonna have a hard time doing anything against those teams if they cant run with them.and also with houston playing they way they are,and thats without yao. we NEED some athleticism.

bigfundamental21
01-23-2007, 11:00 PM
Are we 30-13 with 3rd best record in the NBA w/out playing our best basketball or what??Damn, people are acting like where in last or something. Yes, the spurs are getting older but so is every other team by the day!!

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

exstatic
01-23-2007, 11:09 PM
It's just as easy to lose with athletic idiots as it is to lose with less athletic, fundamental players. I wouldn't give up any of the big 3 for JRich, but if they just want to offload him, fine. He's having a positively Finley-esque year. At least Fin-dog is old. What excuse does JRich have for shooting 37% FGs and 30% 3Gs.

Marcus Bryant
01-23-2007, 11:35 PM
http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/warner_brothers/the_shawshank_redemption/_group_photos/morgan_freeman2.jpg

Hope? Let me tell you something, my friend, hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane. It's got no use on the inside. You better get used to that idea.

RC's Boss
01-24-2007, 03:22 AM
I'm with you dude. Besides, I really think they (TIM) are coasting