PDA

View Full Version : T.O.: Asshat Or Just Misunderstood?

01-23-2007, 02:45 PM
I think I'll go with Asshat (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6400146)

"I was underutilized in the offense," Owens said. "A new coach can be good for the Cowboys. It's not just me. But my teammates know I could have done more. I wasn't used as a No. 1 receiver. If you don't involve a guy, that person is not going to be as productive as he can be. That's how I felt."

You're fucking kidding me, right Terrell? Don't you reckon that YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY ACTUALLY CATCHING THE FUCKING BALL OR COMPLETEING A ROUTE to be considered for the #1 receiver position?

johngateswhiteley
01-23-2007, 03:09 PM
asshat...of course.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-23-2007, 03:31 PM
By the slimmest of margins: Misunderstood Asshat.

VaSpursFan
01-23-2007, 03:43 PM
by the widest of margins...just plain ass...no hat needed :lol :lol :lol

MajorMike
01-23-2007, 03:46 PM
fucktard

Pugglekicker_21
01-23-2007, 07:34 PM
missinderstood ass hat fucktard

Pugglekicker_21
01-23-2007, 07:36 PM
im sorry if fucktard is offlimits for others

spyder
01-23-2007, 07:45 PM
:wakeup

tlongII
01-23-2007, 07:54 PM
I just think he's depressed.

dallaskd
01-23-2007, 08:20 PM
definately missunderstood.

Pistons < Spurs
01-23-2007, 09:38 PM
he has $25 million reasons to be an asshat

FromWayDowntown
01-23-2007, 09:50 PM
overrated asshat.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-23-2007, 10:00 PM
He is right he wasn't used right. You need to run plays or him crossing patterns that get him the ball and let him break tackels and run. I don't see aything wrong with a player telling it like it is.

T Park
01-23-2007, 10:27 PM
http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/leaders.asp?year=Q&type=NFL+Receiving&rank=107&Submit=Go

looks like he didnt lead the league in dropped passes.

Should he have used better candor here? Yeah.

But Owens wasn't the reason, nor was Parcells, the reason, they lost this season.

Marklar MM
01-23-2007, 10:31 PM
http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/leaders.asp?year=Q&type=NFL+Receiving&rank=107&Submit=Go

looks like he didnt lead the league in dropped passes.

Should he have used better candor here? Yeah.

But Owens wasn't the reason, nor was Parcells, the reason, they lost this season.

http://snap.stats.com/stats/nflinfo/leaders.asp?year=Q&type=NFL+Receiving&rank=232&Submit=Go

He had 17 drops. Closest to that is 11.

The stat you listed is how many of the passes thrown to them were not caught. That could include defensive tips and such.

T Park
01-23-2007, 10:32 PM
so the stats I posted from the NFL are a lie?

okiedoke...

Marklar MM
01-23-2007, 10:34 PM
so the stats I posted from the NFL are a lie?

okiedoke...

Dude. You listed a stat that shows how many passes a player didn't catch that were thrown to him. I gave a link to a stat from the SAME site that shows how many passes the player ACTUALLY dropped.

Holmes_Fans
01-23-2007, 10:41 PM
lol, owned. And the NFL does not keep drops as an official stat, it's only 3rd party stat sites that do.

but anyways

He is right he wasn't used right. You need to run plays or him crossing patterns that get him the ball and let him break tackels and run. I don't see aything wrong with a player telling it like it is.
You are exactly right. TO is the best receiver in the league after catching the ball, he is a power running WR. He shouldn't be going long trying to catch the deep ball. It should be Terry Glenn doing that, he is alot faster. Also catching deep balls you have to use your finger tips, something TO can't do especially with messed up fingers.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-23-2007, 10:42 PM
TO has always dropped some passes as do must WR in the NFL. I give him credit for playing with a broken hand and then torn tendons. Never once did he say that was the cause of any of the drops.

Marklar MM
01-23-2007, 10:45 PM
How bout them Lions? They suck like shit, yet manage to get 2 1,000 yard receivers. LMFAO.

Anyways, I wouldn't want TO on the Lions.

King
01-23-2007, 10:55 PM
Ok - TO lead the league in dropped passes.

And was tied for 4th in 1st down catches on 3rd down - 23
9th in 1st down catches on 3rd and long (>7yds) - 8 (leader had 11)
Tied for 5th in catches > 25 yds - 10 (leader had 14)
5th in YAC among WRs - 400 yards
6th in first downs - 62
1st in TDs - 13
2nd in receptions inside the opponents 20 - 14

I'm just sayin' is all...

Vinnie_Johnson
01-23-2007, 11:01 PM
lol, owned. And the NFL does not keep drops as an official stat, it's only 3rd party stat sites that do.

but anyways

You are exactly right. TO is the best receiver in the league after catching the ball, he is a power running WR. He shouldn't be going long trying to catch the deep ball. It should be Terry Glenn doing that, he is alot faster. Also catching deep balls you have to use your finger tips, something TO can't do especially with messed up fingers.

I agree with you on all but Terry Glen is faster part. I watched the saint game when jj broke that run TO was a good 20 yards behind him and was able to catch him and JJ is fast.

Holmes_Fans
01-23-2007, 11:02 PM
Ok - TO lead the league in dropped passes.

And was tied for 4th in 1st down catches on 3rd down - 23
9th in 1st down catches on 3rd and long (>7yds) - 8 (leader had 11)
Tied for 5th in catches > 25 yds - 10 (leader had 14)
5th in YAC among WRs - 400 yards
6th in first downs - 62
1st in TDs - 13
2nd in receptions inside the opponents 20 - 14

I'm just sayin' is all...

No one would even care about dropped passes if TO didn't lead. If it was Marvin Harrison the media would turn it into a positive sob story.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-23-2007, 11:03 PM
How bout them Lions? They suck like shit, yet manage to get 2 1,000 yard receivers. LMFAO.

Anyways, I wouldn't want TO on the Lions.

The Lions were behind all the time they had no choice but to throw the ball early and offen.

stretch
01-24-2007, 12:24 AM
he can be an ass, but hes also misunderstood at times. people just want things to be wrong with him, so they can have someone to shit on. sure, he bring some of the problems he gets into to himself, but the media and other people will do anything to make him look like a bad guy. anyone who questions that is blind.

MajorMike
01-24-2007, 08:52 AM
He puts himself in that position; no one MAKES him open his stupid yap. He desreves every pile of poo he steps into.

FromWayDowntown
01-24-2007, 11:37 AM
His complaint that he's not used like a #1 receiver is absolute garbage.

The Cowboys attempted 506 passes during the 2006 NFL season. According to the stats site referenced above, Owens was the target on 152 of those passes. So, on 30.0% of the Cowboys pass attempts, the ball was directed at Me First. Of course, Me First led the league in drops -- a fact attributable, at least in part, to the fact that he had so many opportunities to catch the ball in the first place.

Hearing him talk, you'd think that other top-flight receivers must be getting the ball thrown at them upwards of 35% of the time. But that's not even remotely true.

Of the 20 most frequent targets in the league during 2006, Me First was behind only 4 receivers in terms of the percentage of his team's passes that were thrown with him as the apparent target:

34.1 -- Andre Johnson
31.8 -- Lee Evans
30.9 -- Laveranues Coles
30.2 -- Torry Holt
30.0 -- ME FIRST
29.1 -- Chad Johnson
27.9 -- Anquan Boldin
27.8 -- Javon Walker
27.3 -- Donald Driver
26.6 -- Marvin Harrison
26.3 -- Joey Galloway
26.1 -- Chris Chambers
25.8 -- Steve Smith
25.3 -- Roy Williams
25.2 -- T.J. Houshmandzadeh
24.6 -- Reggie Wayne
24.5 -- Mike Furrey
24.1 -- Hines Ward
23.7 -- Keyshawn Johnson
21.3 -- Isaac Bruce

That's with Me First having missed a substantial portion of at least one game, too. A few extra throws his way in the 2nd half of the first Washington game and he's probably 3rd or 4th.

Certainly, there are other things that go into using a player like a #1 receiver, but it's awfully difficult to understand his complaints when the statistics show that he had plenty of opportunities to make plays -- more than just about any receiver in the league.

mardigan
01-24-2007, 12:05 PM
And of that list, only Andre and Holt were thrown too more times, he tied with Boldin. But in his defense, he was right, Parcells bogged down the whole offense. Maybe he didnt trust Romo, or maybe he just wasnt a good play caller, but he didnt consistintly put our players in positions to suceed. With that said, we still had 2 recievers with 1000 yards, a tight end with almost 800 yards, a 1000 yard rusher and the NFC leader in td rushes, so how much better could the offense get? Not much, we need to improve the d. I do think Parcells playcalling lost the playoff game way before Romo dropped that snap though. Good riddance, he was just a name that brought in some talented players that he couldnt get the best out of. At least TO produced, and some of the drops have to be attributed to the hand injuries

Vinnie_Johnson
01-24-2007, 12:23 PM
His complaint that he's not used like a #1 receiver is absolute garbage.

Where did he say that? He said he was not used THE right way. He is dead right about that too. TO is a catch the ball and run WR he needs the ball short stuff offen he can break tackles and make big plays. TO is not the classic go deep guy.

stretch
01-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Where did he say that? He said he was not used THE right way. He is dead right about that too. TO is a catch the ball and run WR he needs the ball short stuff offen he can break tackles and make big plays. TO is not the classic go deep guy.
agreed. his main game is catch and run. then that opens up a lot of other opportunities for deep balls for both himself and other recievers. and i still think Dallas should have been throwing to him more, despite the stats that were just pulled up. if Dallas wants to go deep in the playoffs, he is the key. he is the best football player on that team, and he can singlehandedly win games for them. and while he did have a lot of drops this year too, i will give him the benefit of the doubt, because he broke his hand, and he still was able to be one of the most productive WRs in the league. i think next year, he will have a monster year, if they use him more and correctly. especially after having more time to build a rapport with Romo.

FromWayDowntown
01-24-2007, 12:40 PM

That's been his complaint all year -- that the Cowboys have a #1 receiver (him), but aren't using him that way; that they aren't getting him the ball enough -- that he can't make a difference if they don't get him the ball.

I'm tired of it. I thought Terrell Owens was overrated when he was in Philadelphia. That team was good before he got there, it was good while he was there, and it has been good after he left. Reaching Super Bowl XXXIX is irrelevant, because T.O. had nothing to do with that team winning the playoff games it won to reach that Super Bowl.

T.O. is a tremendous athlete and a good football player, but he's not the biggest difference maker on the field in the NFL or even at the wide receiver position in the NFL. He's mostly a lot of noise; noise that is loudest when the team is doing well and he's not in the headlines. He's the ultimate Me First guy in a sport that demands team play.

Bob Lanier
01-24-2007, 12:53 PM
Overrated and misunderstood.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-24-2007, 12:57 PM
That's been his complaint all year -- that the Cowboys have a #1 receiver (him), but aren't using him that way; that they aren't getting him the ball enough -- that he can't make a difference if they don't get him the ball.

I'm tired of it. I thought Terrell Owens was overrated when he was in Philadelphia. That team was good before he got there, it was good while he was there, and it has been good after he left. Reaching Super Bowl XXXIX is irrelevant, because T.O. had nothing to do with that team winning the playoff games it won to reach that Super Bowl.

T.O. is a tremendous athlete and a good football player, but he's not the biggest difference maker on the field in the NFL or even at the wide receiver position in the NFL. He's mostly a lot of noise; noise that is loudest when the team is doing well and he's not in the headlines. He's the ultimate Me First guy in a sport that demands team play.

That's funny I read and follow the Boys and have not heard the words you used. I have heard that he wants to be involved early in games. If you have a link I have not seen it.

Fabbs
01-24-2007, 01:24 PM
He puts himself in that position; no one MAKES him open his stupid yap. He desreves every pile of poo he steps into.
:clap :clap

ALVAREZ6
01-24-2007, 01:40 PM
asshat.

RealEstateDude
01-24-2007, 04:28 PM
He banged the wrong guy's wife so he will forever be hated by the media, the media of, "We Hate TO's Mother Fucking Guts Putos!!!"

But everything he said was true, the Tuna should've retired last year or became GM...

Vinnie_Johnson
01-24-2007, 06:36 PM
When I talked to [Parcells] for the first time we left an impression on each other. I still think he is a great guy. But he is like my grandmother. You love the person, but they are stuck in their old-school ways. You can't move them from their way of thought," Owens told the newspaper.

Does that sound like a slam to you? not to me.

"I think that by him saying that I need to get on the practice field and I that I needed to show him what I can do, I just felt him knowing the type of player that I am and what I've done to play through injuries I felt like he kind of made a mockery out of me in front of the media to say that," Owens said. "In that sense I kind of lost a sense of respect. But other than that I didn't allow it to deter me of how I practiced because I was seriously injur

Not here either. Anyone remember Larry Allen in Bp first season? Bp did the same thing then. Larry and BP had to come to an agreement the following year.

I'll be the first to say that I didn't play as well as I should have. And you guys can talk about me all you want, it's really not going to change who I am as a person or a player," Owens said. "But I never said one time anything about my broken hand, anything about the torn tendon in my finger that I played thoughout the course of the year with."

Sounds like he took blame for his season as well.

mardigan
01-24-2007, 06:48 PM
I agree with Vinnie, if any other player on the team had said this it would be nothing, he was just speaking his mind, and any time he does that because he is TO it gets totally blown out of proportion. I also heard him say on a radio show today that he wanted to win a Superbowl for Parcells to send him out on top, he loves Dallas as a city and a team, and thinks they will be very good next year. The only reason he is a spectacle is because he speaks his mind to much, and the media desperately needs him to be so they have something to wright about. The seasons 2 weeks over and they are still talking just about him. As for me, I will be waiting for another 1000 yards and 12+ tds next year.

Holmes_Fans
01-24-2007, 07:10 PM
According to Tony Romo he has been the best teammate the past few weeks, he is still in contact with him and didn't abandon him after the last game.

mardigan
01-24-2007, 07:12 PM
I saw that interview as well, Romo seems to love the guy and portrays him as a great teamate, as did Marcus Spears and Bradie James yesterday on the hot list