PDA

View Full Version : Don't trade Brent Barry!

Big Shot Rob
01-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Really--I think if we showed Brent Barry more support, he would learn to relax a little more and play better. By constantly seeing his name in the papers as being trade bait, you know that has to weigh on him.

How would you like it if you knew your boss was looking for a way to get rid of you--every day you show up at work, you might get pulled into the office for the pink slip.

In this case, Pop and RC should sit down with Brent and tell him to get ready for the playoffs--he is not going to be shipped out.

Guarantee you--if this happens, Brent Barry will be able to loosen up a little bit and play like a monster.

whottt
01-23-2007, 07:04 PM
Barry plays better under the threat of being traded...this is inarguable.

He also plays better when he's been knocked to the ground, smacked in the face or slapped upside the head...this is also inarguable.

Agloco
01-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Brent Barry fits in best when hes on the bench............

Budkin
01-23-2007, 07:12 PM
I like Brent and he shows flashes of brilliance sometimes but right now we just need rebounding and fresher legs more. If we don't make a change we will not get too far in the playoffs this year. If the right trade comes up involving Brent we have to do it.

T Park
01-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Really--I think if we showed Brent Barry more support, he would learn to relax a little more and play better. By constantly seeing his name in the papers as being trade bait, you know that has to weigh on him.

How would you like it if you knew your boss was looking for a way to get rid of you--every day you show up at work, you might get pulled into the office for the pink slip.

In this case, Pop and RC should sit down with Brent and tell him to get ready for the playoffs--he is not going to be shipped out.

Guarantee you--if this happens, Brent Barry will be able to loosen up a little bit and play like a monster.

dellluuuuusional

lil'mo
01-23-2007, 07:30 PM
first of all, tpark's posts are painful to read, secondly, only WHOTTTTS second point is inarguable

ShoogarBear
01-23-2007, 07:34 PM
All of whottt's points are inarguable. Just try it.

pad300
01-23-2007, 07:41 PM
Barry plays better under the threat of being traded...this is inarguable.

He also plays better when he's been knocked to the ground, smacked in the face or slapped upside the head...this is also inarguable.

In other words, we should get Williams and Butler to smack him around some before every game, just to bring out that winning attitude...

lil'mo
01-23-2007, 07:58 PM
All of whottt's points are inarguable. Just try it.
let me refer to a post by Solid D as a possible point of arguement that "Barry plays better under the threat of being traded"

Brent Barry has averaged 10.04 ppg in 21.7 mpg over the first 21 games he has played for the Spurs in 2006-07. In that 21st game, Brent lit up the Clippers on 8-10 shooting, hitting 5-6 on 3-pointers and 24 total points, his high as a Spur.

Since that night (Dec. 11, 2006), Brent has dipped in his performance over his next 16 games to 5.5 ppg in 20 mpg. The new/old ball came into play on Jan. 1, well after Brent's slide had started.

What has brought on this lack of performance in roughly 20 minutes of PT per game? Are teams adjusting to where he likes to catch and shoot? Is his confidence dropping causing him to pass up open shots?

It was on Dec. 13th that the LA Times reported that Corey Maggette's agent Rob Pelinka had asked for a trade. Prior to that date, rumors had swirled regarding Maggette being considered by the Grizzlies, and then the 76ers. Only days before the 13th, Coach Mike Dunleavy had been quoted as saying the Clippers weren't interested in trading Corey.

That brings us back to Brent Barry. Are the similar dates of Brent's slide and news of Corey Maggette's public availability a matter of mere coincidence? Is Brent holding back? Have the rumors dented his attitude? He couldn't be....could he?
inarguable??? please... is anything inarguable?

1Parker1
01-23-2007, 08:00 PM
In the words of the immortal Timvp...

Trade his ass now when his value is up. (or something to that effect...:))

ShoogarBear
01-23-2007, 08:01 PM
inarguable??? please... is anything inarguable?:corn:

E20
01-23-2007, 08:29 PM
I like Brent, I'm a fan of him.

dg7md
01-23-2007, 08:32 PM
If Barry can help bring on a Gasol, a Maggette, or the like, then please, please trade Barry.

Manu_The _Best
01-23-2007, 08:34 PM

Don't worry, I doubt they will trade him - Finley simply doesn't perform well from 3s - he was 0-6 from 3s yesterday...

Agloco
01-23-2007, 09:25 PM
let me refer to a post by Solid D as a possible point of arguement that "Barry plays better under the threat of being traded"

inarguable??? please... is anything inarguable?

Yeah...... whatever is inarguable is inarguable, by definition right? :smokin

lil'mo
01-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Wrrooooooooonnnnggggg

v2freak
01-23-2007, 09:41 PM

I completely agree. Barry's our best shooter from anywhere outside 10 feet of the hoop

whottt
01-23-2007, 10:49 PM
:corn:

You funny Shoogar...

whottt
01-23-2007, 10:50 PM
Wrrooooooooonnnnggggg

Go ahead...swim to the moon.

lil'mo
01-23-2007, 11:00 PM
impossible.. i can jump that bitch, though