PDA

View Full Version : Ticketmaster ripoff

ShoogarBear
01-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Ticketmaster charges you $4 per ticket extra for electronic delivery.

It's been bugging me for a while but it still pisses me off every time I do it.

ChumpDumper
01-23-2007, 08:31 PM
Is will call any cheaper?

Spurminator
01-23-2007, 08:37 PM
http://www.jimpoz.com/quotes/images/speakers/vedder.jpg

I tried to tell you people. But did you listen? Nooo, you just whined about how many weird songs were on Vitalogy.

ChumpDumper
01-23-2007, 08:39 PM
:lol

I haven't used TM in awhile.

ShoogarBear
01-23-2007, 08:49 PM
Apparently there is no will-call option for the Wiz. There's no charge for standard mail.

There's no way it's more expensive for them to do e-delivery than US mail.

I like the e-tickets because you can never lose them, and you don't have to coordinate distributing them.

T Park
01-23-2007, 10:13 PM
I tried to tell you people. But did you listen? Nooo, you just whined about how many weird songs were on Vitalogy.

:lmao

Nice Eddie Vedder reference.

ShoogarBear
01-23-2007, 10:20 PM
See, I had no idea what he was talking about, but I knew if I just kept quiet someone would eventually come along and explain it.

ponky
01-23-2007, 10:36 PM

I have season tix for the Mavs so the email delivery is free but I have bought tix this season, extra ones through Ticketmaster and the electronic delivery option is only $2.50 per order (not per tix).

Just checked the Spurs' site, it's only $1.75 per order for electronic delivery BUT there are lots of other b.s. fees like a building facility fee of $1.35 per ticket and a convenience charge of $5.25 per ticket, ouch!

Holmes_Fans
01-23-2007, 10:45 PM
Apparently there is no will-call option for the Wiz. There's no charge for standard mail.

There's no way it's more expensive for them to do e-delivery than US mail.

I like the e-tickets because you can never lose them, and you don't have to coordinate distributing them.
Are you going to DC to watch the game? If you are you should have gotten tickets off stubhub. I got 4 for the Dallas game last year for $17 each, way below face value in the 2nd level up centercourt. Then again the Wiz sucked last year come march

T-Pain
01-24-2007, 12:59 AM

since when did they start doing this????

ShoogarBear
01-24-2007, 02:38 AM
I have season tix for the Mavs so the email delivery is free but I have bought tix this season, extra ones through Ticketmaster and the electronic delivery option is only $2.50 per order (not per tix).Guess electricity is more expensive up here. :pctoss

The Spurs have the same deal with free email delivery of season tickets, but interestingly I just checked the account manager and they said that there "may" be a e-delivery fee, so I guess they reserve the right to charge in the future.

Just checked the Spurs' site, it's only $1.75 per order for electronic delivery BUT there are lots of other b.s. fees like a building facility fee of $1.35 per ticket and a convenience charge of $5.25 per ticket, ouch!Yeah, Ticketmaster always charged the convenience charge with all their tickets, which makes this additional charge just to email the pdf file pure BS.

ShoogarBear
01-24-2007, 02:39 AM
since when did they start doing this????I think for at least a year or so.

ShoogarBear
01-24-2007, 02:40 AM
Are you going to DC to watch the game? If you are you should have gotten tickets off stubhub. I got 4 for the Dallas game last year for $17 each, way below face value in the 2nd level up centercourt. Then again the Wiz sucked last year come marchNo real deals on Stubhub at present. If I wanted to wait another week or so prices would have doubtlessly dropped, but I didn't want the uncertainty.

T-Pain
01-24-2007, 03:27 AM
I think for at least a year or so.
really, is this when you buy the tickets online, or is it through the ticket exchange or both? Ive bought tix through the xchange and doesnt charge me a fee for it. (i think)

Condemned 2 HelLA
01-24-2007, 03:33 AM
That's why they're known as TicketBastards!