PDA

View Full Version : Rockets

ShoogarBear
01-23-2007, 09:33 PM
To me, these guys are the real team under the radar. Nobody's talking about them as being real contenders, including Spurs fans here.

Gumby has done one hell of a job considering they've had Yao and T-mac together for what, 20 games? And with Rafer their third leading scorer chucking away at 36% (of course, a faction here thinks that's what Tony Parker does). They've dominated the Spurs 6.5 out of 8 quarters so far this year.

If the Rockheads are healthy going into the Playoffs, the Spurs might only be the fourth-best team in the West, regardless of whether they finish ahead of them in the standings.

4001 STEREO SPUR
01-23-2007, 09:37 PM
I see.

johnpaulwall21
01-23-2007, 09:43 PM
T-mac is good but prone, other than that they are a serious threat to the spurs and anyone in the west. I never thought YAO was going to be this good but hes the best center in the west, maybe the league(him and dwight r the best 2 shaqs too old). I dont know about skip to my lou but lutherhead and Battier are doing good also but i still dont think they can defeat the spurs in a 7 game series. They got a better chance at defeating the suns.

Extra Stout
01-23-2007, 10:35 PM
The Rockets aren't coming out of the West, but they've got a decent chance to beat the Spurs in the playoffs should the two be matched up.

It's also possible that the Lakers, Jazz, and even the Nuggets could end up being better than the Spurs.

boutons_
01-23-2007, 11:10 PM
4th and 5th seed will go to Spurs, Rockets, Jazz, or Lakers

A healthy Rockets could very easily bounce the Spurs out in first round.

johnpaulwall21
01-23-2007, 11:12 PM
hell naw, t-mac is hurting every other game and who knows if yao will get back to his mvp form this year. spurs can defeat these guys at least.

cherylsteele
01-23-2007, 11:13 PM
and they will
This poster reminds me of Louis.

johnpaulwall21
01-23-2007, 11:14 PM
who da hell is louis?? Luis Scola that clown?

cherylsteele
01-23-2007, 11:26 PM
LOUIS?? :nope
Yep.....I find it interesting that Louis got banned and not long after you show up spewing similar BS.

milkyway21
01-24-2007, 12:04 AM
To me, these guys are the real team under the radar. Nobody's talking about them as being real contenders, including Spurs fans here.

you better read all the posts since the start of the season shoogarbear...
Yao started with a bang. What a lineup. But who can predict anyway if those two take a lot of time off due to injuries? if they are healthy they are contenders but that's not what is happening in the past few months...Yao is still recuperating and you don't know if TMac can survive the rest of the remaining games until playoffs..:rolleyes

johnpaulwall21
01-24-2007, 12:09 AM
I think T-mac will retire early if this keeps up,

TDMVPDPOY
01-24-2007, 12:21 AM
yao ming one man team they can still win games,

tmac one man team they can still win games,

spurs with 3 maestros struggling to win games = overrated, first round exit, enjoy the summer vacation

SequSpur
01-24-2007, 12:25 AM
Rockets suck.

Brutalis
01-24-2007, 12:29 AM
Rockets are med team. Crap when TMac goes down with injury here soon I bet.

milkyway21
01-24-2007, 03:09 AM
I think T-mac will retire early if this keeps up,retire? he's just 27 yrs old. And healthier than Grant Hill, and Hill is not retiring yet. :oops

the Spurs better watch out for him the next game not 100% healthy but made 45 pts vs Dallas and 37 vs Sacramento, then 24 pts 10 assts vs. Denver. All losses but still, a dynamite performance.

RC's Boss
01-24-2007, 03:26 AM
He's not going to retire as long as he's under contract.. Please that is economically insane! Rockets are good, but T-Mac's BACK will go out and Yao's corns will sideline him twice more this year. BANK ON IT!

SAGambler
01-24-2007, 11:48 AM
I think the injury prone Tmac and Yao are maybe the reason Houston is, not so much under the radar, but not high on anyones list to win.

It's hard to pick a team whose two stars are just as likely to go out with an injury as not.

We all know TMac will always have back problems....They just don't go away. And Yao, running up and down with all that weight on those legs, leave them susceptible to injury on any trip down the court.

mabber
01-24-2007, 01:14 PM
I think the injury prone Tmac and Yao are maybe the reason Houston is, not so much under the radar, but not high on anyones list to win.

It's hard to pick a team whose two stars are just as likely to go out with an injury as not.

We all know TMac will always have back problems....They just don't go away. And Yao, running up and down with all that weight on those legs, leave them susceptible to injury on any trip down the court.

If healthy though (big IF), they are a damn good team that will be a tough out for anyone in the west.

johnpaulwall21
01-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Old game-Rockets and spurs are playing on nba tv right now

Lebowski Brickowski
01-24-2007, 01:18 PM
If healthy though (big IF), they are a damn good team that will be a tough out for anyone in the west.

Especially considering we have no one to gaurd Yao,
or block out Yao;
or block out TMac....
or block out Battier...

crap :(

johnpaulwall21
01-24-2007, 01:19 PM
battier aint that good u actin like hes a allstar. All we have th do is make t-mac work hard and his back spasms will act up.

traitoravery
01-24-2007, 01:22 PM
and they will
WTH are you still holding a 7 year grudge.... you freaking troll

boutons_
01-24-2007, 01:23 PM
It's Game 2 of 1995 WCF @Alamadome.

zocool16
01-24-2007, 01:23 PM

Gumby has done one hell of a job considering they've had Yao and T-mac together for what, 20 games? And with Rafer their third leading scorer chucking away at 36% (of course, a faction here thinks that's what Tony Parker does). They've dominated the Spurs 6.5 out of 8 quarters so far this year.

If the Rockheads are healthy going into the Playoffs, the Spurs might only be the fourth-best team in the West, regardless of whether they finish ahead of them in the standings.

amen. freaking yao! if he wasn't so injury-prone ... but yea the rockets are for real

Lebowski Brickowski
01-24-2007, 01:26 PM
battier aint that good u actin like hes a allstar. All we have th do is make t-mac work hard and his back spasms will act up.

no battier isn't an allstar -- but we will have a hard time keeping him and Yao off the boards. Is Oberto going to grab those rebounds? Elson would probably have that responsibility but that doesn't give me much comfort.

So all we have to do is hope TMac is injured?

ShoogarBear
01-24-2007, 01:54 PM
So all we have to do is hope TMac is injured?:lol That seems to be the major theme.

johnpaulwall21
01-24-2007, 01:58 PM
It dont matter if wacky macky is out, any team this year that has a injured star seems to give us a run for our money.

RS189
01-24-2007, 04:13 PM

you're talking about holding grudges and your name is TraitorAvery :lmao

ponky
01-24-2007, 04:24 PM
i think t-mac is prone to injury as well but i wouldn't give anything back to not have that exciting mavs/rockets 7 game series two years ago. this tired the mavs out a bit going into the second round against the suns who swept the girz but it was so much fun watching, it was well worth going to seven games and t-mac played very, very well, no back problems at all. i wonder how many games he's missed this season due to his back? doesn't seem like a lot, maybe as many as nash, which is to say very little.

ponky
01-24-2007, 04:26 PM

no LJ, no Pat, no win for the Knicks, my poor 8th seeded team back in the day, haha

1Parker1
01-24-2007, 08:41 PM
What's more amazing is that even without Yao in the middle and McGrady missing so many games, Rockets are still winning and are still #1 in points allowed. That's huge.

Imagine how great this team would be if both Yao and McGrady stay healthy? They would have potentially 3 Spurs killers:

Yao: Dare I say, we'd miss Rasho against Yao? Not sure Elson is good enough defensively to really stop him.

McGrady: 13 points in 35 secs against us. Nough Said.

Bonzi Wells: See 2006 playoffs, round 1.

I actually think that if they're healthy, they are just the kind of team that can bother the Mavs and completely take the Suns out of their running game.

johnpaulwall21
01-24-2007, 08:54 PM
if both meow and wacky macky are there in the playoffs, they will beat the suns.
Write it down, u hearrddd!!