PDA

View Full Version : Jerry wants Lovie

MajorMike
01-24-2007, 08:49 AM
Supposedly so says Lovie's mom. Reported on FNC this morning.

Taco
01-24-2007, 08:59 AM
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4278/singletary1cg.jpg

I'd like them to give Mike Singletary a shot

King
01-24-2007, 11:19 AM
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/4278/singletary1cg.jpg

I'd like them to give Mike Singletary a shot

As head coach? Why? Maybe as a DC to start.

sa_butta
01-24-2007, 02:05 PM
I dont think the Cowboys get Lovie. I would be shocked if he left the Bears. Also the Cowboys have never had a black coach.

T-Pain
01-24-2007, 02:06 PM
JJ needs to realize he isnt gonna get the top coaches in the league all the time, Lovie Smith is too good for the bears to give up

bigdog
01-24-2007, 02:18 PM
yes,but the bears have been cheap in giving him an extension. no matter how big their offer is, jerry has a bigger wallet than most of the owners in the league,so if lovie wants th emoney he deserves,i wouldnt be surprised if he looks at dallas.

Fillmoe
01-24-2007, 02:23 PM
singletary and norv aint leaving the bay.... FUCK YOU GUYS!

and lovie is not gonna leave his beast of a defensive monster to join you sorry sack of losers

bigdog
01-24-2007, 02:52 PM
singletary and norv aint leaving the bay.... FUCK YOU GUYS!

and lovie is not gonna leave his beast of a defensive monster to join you sorry sack of losers

i dont think singletary would leave,but with Norv being an offensive minded guy,he would know how to use our players on offense correctly,and im sure he would gladly listen to jerry about a contract. i hope he comes back to Dallas,becaus ehe has a hell of a lot better chance of winning a super bowl here than where he is now. he knows the feeling of winning a ring,and where did he win that? in Dallas. Parcells left this team far much better than it was when he got here,and Norv can take us even further.

Fillmoe
01-24-2007, 03:12 PM
i dont think singletary would leave,but with Norv being an offensive minded guy,he would know how to use our players on offense correctly,and im sure he would gladly listen to jerry about a contract. i hope he comes back to Dallas,becaus ehe has a hell of a lot better chance of winning a super bowl here than where he is now. he knows the feeling of winning a ring,and where did he win that? in Dallas. Parcells left this team far much better than it was when he got here,and Norv can take us even further.

not with this guy on your squad

FUMBLIN ASS ROMO!

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/538/captsea12101070443cccorui8.jpg

Pugglekicker_21
01-25-2007, 09:48 PM
ron rivera is the way to go

mardigan
01-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Wade all the way, I do love Singeltary though

T-Pain
01-25-2007, 11:06 PM
Jimmy Johnson!

T Park
01-25-2007, 11:36 PM
Wade Phillips?

Are you people forgetting what a gigantic failure that guy was the last time he tried to be a head coach??

good god...

King
01-26-2007, 12:50 AM
When you say gigantic failure, are you taking into account that he was 29-19 and took them to the playoffs 2 out of 3 seasons? Enlighten me as to how he was a "gigantic failure."

The guy isn't my top choice as head coach, and to be honest, I don't know who is.

But he's anything but a failure as a head coach. And has a near 60% winning percentage to back that up. He's as smart a defensive coach as there is available, and would absolutely maximize the talent and potential that Dallas has on defense, as opposed to wasting it, as we've seen the past few years.

bresilhac
01-26-2007, 02:16 AM
i dont think singletary would leave,but with Norv being an offensive minded guy,he would know how to use our players on offense correctly,and im sure he would gladly listen to jerry about a contract. i hope he comes back to Dallas, because he has a hell of a lot better chance of winning a super bowl here than where he is now. he knows the feeling of winning a ring,and where did he win that? in Dallas. Parcells left this team far much better than it was when he got here,and Norv can take us even further.

If you want to lose. I mean a guarantee that Dallas would be run into the ground. Hire Norv. I watched Norv and the Redskins languish for 7 long years when I lived in Northern Virginia and it was sad and at the same time very frustrating to watch. And all because of Norv's ineffectiveness as a head coach and shear inability to motivate people or make any kind of useful player personnel choices. Not to mention his disastrous recommendations for draft picks. Norv is an average OC but he makes a lousy head coach. I mean terrible. Take it from me, and I hate the Cowpigs, hire Norv only if you want to be mediocre. Instead Jones should go with an up and coming assistant.

Extra Stout
01-26-2007, 12:18 PM
If you want to lose. I mean a guarantee that Dallas would be run into the ground. Hire Norv. I watched Norv and the Redskins languish for 7 long years when I lived in Northern Virginia and it was sad and at the same time very frustrating to watch. And all because of Norv's ineffectiveness as a head coach and shear inability to motivate people or make any kind of useful player personnel choices. Not to mention his disastrous recommendations for draft picks. Norv is an average OC but he makes a lousy head coach. I mean terrible. Take it from me, and I hate the Cowpigs, hire Norv only if you want to be mediocre. Instead Jones should go with an up and coming assistant.
I'm with you on Norv's inability to motivate (or discipline) players, but I think he should get a mulligan on personnel and draft moves, given that his GM was Charley Casserly.

Casserly is a wizard at deflecting blame for his incompetence onto the coaching staff.

bresilhac
01-29-2007, 04:36 AM
I'm with you on Norv's inability to motivate (or discipline) players, but I think he should get a mulligan on personnel and draft moves, given that his GM was Charley Casserly.

Casserly is a wizard at deflecting blame for his incompetence onto the coaching staff.

True. And I should have considered that before I made the statement about Norv's draft choices. But, at he same time I would actually prefer that Dallas choose Norv after all. That would make things easier on Gibbs and the Redskins.