PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Odom

KB24
01-24-2007, 11:53 AM
LAKERS REPORT

Odom practices, hopes to play Friday

By Mike Bresnahan, Times Staff Writer
January 24, 2007

Kobe Bryant was told he didn't have to practice Tuesday, so he stuck around and worked out in an adjacent room. What he saw a little later through a window to the Lakers' practice court made him smile.

Forward Lamar Odom was working up a sweat, running up and down full-bore with teammates in a scrimmage — passing, rebounding and scoring.

Just what the doctor ordered.

"He looked really, really good," Bryant said. "I didn't know what to expect, to be honest with you, because I really haven't seen him working out aside from just the therapy he was doing at the side of the court. He looked great."

Odom has sat out 21 games because of a sprained medial collateral ligament in his right knee. He was expected to play Friday against Charlotte, his first game since landing awkwardly after an off-balance drive to the basket Dec. 12 against the Houston Rockets.

"I felt good," Odom said. "Refreshing. Rehab is 10 times harder than practice physically and, after a while, mentally. [Friday] is my target date. That's what I'm aiming at. Hopefully I can get cleared by the doctor and don't have any swelling or tightness from practicing out here, and [can] come out here and help my team win some games — help our team."

Odom was off to possibly the best start in his eight-year career, averaging 17.5 points, 8.7 rebounds and 4.9 assists. The Lakers are 13-9 without him, including the game in which he was hurt, a victory over the Rockets.

Chris Childs
01-24-2007, 12:44 PM
No one cares about OLDom.
He's garbage anyway.

StylisticS
01-24-2007, 12:55 PM
Will be a much better and scarier team when he comes back.

Chris Childs
01-24-2007, 12:56 PM
Will be a much better and scarier team when he comes back.

http://www.wherethegoldat.com/nincomfuckingpoop/shutyoass2_2.gif

KB24
01-24-2007, 01:29 PM
I am looking forward to Sunday's Game Against the Spurs. Odom Should be back by then.

Medvedenko
01-24-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm happy my boys back...just let's get Brown back and we'll be set. Hopefully we can go on a role.

cheguevara
01-24-2007, 01:41 PM
I am looking forward to Sunday's Game Against the Spurs. Odom Should be back by then.

is this game gonna be nationally televised?

LakeShow
01-24-2007, 01:49 PM
The best news that I have heard in a long time. :elephant

Medvedenko
01-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Yes the game is on ABC I believe....Spurs VS Lakers. Should be a great game. The spurs will want some sort of revenge, plus it's the last time they'll play in the reg season.

fitzgerald
01-24-2007, 01:52 PM
Odom makes you better. I am not so sure about Kwame Brown. You don't need him. Just Odom.

Medvedenko
01-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Odom definitely makes everyone better and plays decent D. His rebounding is very helpful. I like Brown though for man to man defense and offensive rebounding. Another body to bang in the post.

LakeShow
01-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Odom makes you better. I am not so sure about Kwame Brown. You don't need him. Just Odom.

We need Brown as well. He is one of the best defensive Centers in the league. Players can't back him down in the post, he's too strong. He will also help with the development of Bynum. Bynum has trouble with early fouls. With Kwame he wont have to worry about it as much.

KB24
01-24-2007, 03:08 PM
is this game gonna be nationally televised?

ABC NBA Double Header
Sun Jan 28th

12:00 PM CST
Suns vs. Cavs
At Cavs
TV: ABC

2:30 PM CST
Lakers vs. Spurs
At Lakers
TV: ABC

ponky
01-24-2007, 03:10 PM

Haha, I was already looking forward to Odom coming back regardless but now that you've posted this, I'm SO HAPPY! Is this game in LA? Lemme go check.

EDIT: Oh never mind, I see you posted that already, WOOT WOOT!

Fillmoe
01-24-2007, 03:18 PM
No one cares about OLDom.
He's garbage anyway.

ponky
01-24-2007, 03:53 PM

you're trying too hard

Fillmoe
01-24-2007, 03:58 PM
you're trying too hard

:rolleyes

StylisticS
01-24-2007, 04:33 PM

Next time, try to be funny on purpose instead of posting lame ass stupid fuckin gif's.