PDA

View Full Version : Doctor?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-24-2007, 12:50 PM
Hey All, well it seems that I have got the dreaded flu that's been going around SA - very sore throat, muscle aches, dry cough.

Any friendly Spurstalk doctors who'd spare 15 minutes of their time to come and see me? I just want them to have a professional look at my throat to rule out other infections like strep throat, because it's really hurting a lot.

I'm near the Medical Centre but wouldn't have a clue where in the whole complex to go to see a doctor!

My number is 415-298-1856 if you can help me out.

Thanks.

Ruff

PS I'm really sick of getting sick! :depressed

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-24-2007, 12:51 PM
I need 50 CCs of menudo...STAT!

Kori Ellis
01-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Ruff - I don't know anyone on the board who is an actual medical doctor and lives here in SA. However, I think there are some nurses.

Your best bet is to go to Texas Med Clinic and be seen by someone. They are real doctors, you don't need an appointment and it's not expensive.

The nearest location to you is:

IH 10/Wurzbach
9895 IH-10 West
(210) 696-5599

angel_luv
01-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Sorry you aren't feeling well. I have had the same cold symptoms since Friday.

I've been taking generic Sinus pain relief medication and drinking tea which helped a little.

The big difference I noticed was after drinking a cup of hot garlic tea that my room mate made me. I was worlds better just a few hours after having it.

If you want, I will ask her how to make it.
If that sounds too distasteful to you, I recommend garlic vitamins. They have the same medicinal effect- they just take a little longer to work.

Shelly
01-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Ruff...You need to take Kori's advice. Because if it's strep, they'll need to do a culture first before giving you an antibiotic.

Jimcs50
01-24-2007, 02:02 PM
I puked 10 times last night from 8:30 til 6 am...every 45-50 mins....it was horrible. I do not know if I had a virus or food poisoning....if it were food poisoning it had to be E coli (stopped at Whataburger on the way home)

I am at work, but I feel like I went 15 rounds with Mike Tyson in 1990.

Shelly, Ineed some nursing.

Shelly
01-24-2007, 02:02 PM
However, if you need your foot amputated, I can hook you up! :lol

Shelly
01-24-2007, 02:04 PM
I puked 10 times last night from 8:30 til 6 am...every 45-50 mins....it was horrible. I do not know if I had a virus or food poisoning....if it were food poisoning it had to be E coli (stopped at Whataburger on the way home)

I am at work, but I feel like I went 15 rounds with Mike Tyson in 1990.

Shelly, Ineed some nursing.

I am JUST feeling better today. I came down with the flu also over the weekend.

Have a shot of Tequila and call me in the morning.

angel_luv
01-24-2007, 02:07 PM
I know the idea of Garlic tea may sound crazy. I thought so even as I tried it. But it really does work. I have friends who have drunk it regularly this winter season and they have yet to get sick at all, even with everything that has been going around.

I will post the recipe in case anyone ever wants to try it.

Garlic Tea
1)Mince a clove of Garlic

2)Fill up a teaspoon and squeeze either fresh or bottled lemon juice on it. Let it sit while you follow the next steps.

3)Boil water and fill a coffee mug.

4) Add to the water honey and cinnamon to taste. ( My room mate used 2 teaspoons of honey.)

5)Add that the teaspoon of garlic and if desired, more lemon to taste.
Stir throughly and drink.

6)When you get to just the garlic pieces at the end eat those.

Having some milk afterwards helps get rid of the garlic odor and after taste.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-24-2007, 02:11 PM
i'll stay out of this one.

Nbadan
01-24-2007, 03:19 PM
I know the idea of Garlic tea may sound crazy. I thought so even as I tried it. But it really does work. I have friends who have drunk it regularly this winter season and they have yet to get sick at all, even with everything that has been going around.

I will post the recipe in case anyone ever wants to try it.

Garlic Tea
1)Mince a clove of Garlic

2)Fill up a teaspoon and squeeze either fresh or bottled lemon juice on it. Let it sit while you follow the next steps.

3)Boil water and fill a coffee mug.

4) Add to the water honey and cinnamon to taste. ( My room mate used 2 teaspoons of honey.)

5)Add that the teaspoon of garlic and if desired, more lemon to taste.
Stir throughly and drink.

6)When you get to just the garlic pieces at the end eat those.

Having some milk afterwards helps get rid of the garlic odor and after taste.

No offense, but this will help get rid of pesky partners too. My advice, drink lots of orange and pineapple juice, and not Sunny DEE, the real shit. (trust me on this one).

Shelly
01-24-2007, 03:33 PM
No offense, but this will help get rid of pesky partners too. My advice, drink lots of orange and pineapple juice, and not Sunny DEE, the real shit. (trust me on this one).

You'll also be safe from Vampires!

angel_luv
01-24-2007, 03:34 PM

None taken. I realize you'd have to properly time the dosage. :lol

But if you are contagious with a really runny nose- not like people are going to be anxious to kiss you anyway. :lol

Fillmoe
01-24-2007, 03:37 PM
never take medical advice from non professionals.... im not saying they dont know what they are talking about...... its just they dont know your exact symptoms and whats going on...... they just giving advice based on how it helped them...... take yourself to a medical clinic and let the professionals decide whats wrong.... better to be safe than sorry

tlongII
01-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Hey All, well it seems that I have got the dreaded flu that's been going around SA - very sore throat, muscle aches, dry cough.

Any friendly Spurstalk doctors who'd spare 15 minutes of their time to come and see me? I just want them to have a professional look at my throat to rule out other infections like strep throat, because it's really hurting a lot.

I'm near the Medical Centre but wouldn't have a clue where in the whole complex to go to see a doctor!

My number is 415-298-1856 if you can help me out.

Thanks.

Ruff

PS I'm really sick of getting sick! :depressed

It's possible that you picked up an infection while in San Francisco. Were any foreign objects inserted into your throat or mouth?

Shelly
01-24-2007, 04:02 PM
It's possible that you picked up an infection while in San Francisco. Were any foreign objects inserted into your throat or mouth?

Maybe he DID go to the Castro District! :lol

:p:

Jekka
01-24-2007, 09:58 PM
For sore throat relief, shake some ground cloves into some room temp tea with lemon and honey (too hot tea will just make it swell more) - if there's crap stuck to your throat, the lemon will help strip it, and the honey will help to coat it to make it feel a little better, and the cloves will help to numb it.

Garlic also works, since it's antibacterial and antiviral, but it stinks to high heaven - the cloves on the other hand provide instant pain relief. Drink slowly, though, for maximum contact.

Do go to a doctor, though, strep has been going around, too, and it's some nasty shit when you don't get it treated.

SequSpur
01-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Ask the doctor to do a pap smear culture and check for strep.

Clandestino
01-24-2007, 10:08 PM
Ask the doctor to do a pap smear culture and check for strep.

:lmao too fucking funny