PDA

View Full Version : In-Car Gaming?

Mixability
01-24-2007, 01:31 PM
Does anyone know of a place locally that will install a 360 in a vehicle. Alot of the places I've asked is that they don't know enough about my truck's electrical system to mess with it yet. It is a 2007 model, but cmon how much can Chevy change on the Tahoe in 2 years? I think thats a cop-out. I was expecting shops to be jumping at the opportunity, since I'm sure the whole thing would be a little expensive.

Just so everyone knows, No, I won't be playing while driving. It's just that my son, gets fussy on long trips. The baby einstein DVD's can only entertain him for so long. I wasn't planning on him wanting to play videogames sooo early, he's only 1 1/2.

01-24-2007, 01:36 PM
I would think that you'd have to have an inverter so the 360 can run 110. Are you looking to tap into the existing DVD system installed in the Tahoe? If so, there may also be a problem adding an "Aux" input into the installed system.

cheguevara
01-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Psp

Mixability
01-24-2007, 01:43 PM
I would think that you'd have to have an inverter so the 360 can run 110. Are you looking to tap into the existing DVD system installed in the Tahoe? If so, there may also be a problem adding an "Aux" input into the installed system.

The installed system has a/v plugs already, but I wanted a cleaner look to it. If anything, I'll just start from scratch with the whole system. Ideally, I'd want the 360 to show on all 4 headrests and top mounted screen. There should be an easy and probably expensive way to do it.

Psp

Already have one. I'd rather have a 360 installed.

ALVAREZ6
01-24-2007, 01:49 PM
So you're putting a 360 in your car for an 18 month year old baby?

Shit, I'm 17 and I don't even have a 360 in my house.

Mixability
01-24-2007, 01:52 PM
So you're putting a 360 in your car for an 18 month year old baby?

Shit, I'm 17 and I don't even have a 360 in my house.

Not just for him alone. I usually have a lot of people in my truck. We travel alot. I can fit 9 people in my truck, and with 6 of those people in the back, they need entertainment. Sounds a little overboard, but I think it's worth it.

ALVAREZ6
01-24-2007, 02:09 PM
How big would the screen be???

Mixability
01-24-2007, 02:12 PM
How big would the screen be???

The headrest have 7" I think.

A big enough size for the overhead without it being to "Pimp My Ride"-ish.

Shelly
01-24-2007, 02:15 PM
Get on the show Unique Whips.

sa_butta
Does anyone know of a place locally that will install a 360 in a vehicle. Alot of the places I've asked is that they don't know enough about my truck's electrical system to mess with it yet. It is a 2007 model, but cmon how much can Chevy change on the Tahoe in 2 years? I think thats a cop-out. I was expecting shops to be jumping at the opportunity, since I'm sure the whole thing would be a little expensive.

Just so everyone knows, No, I won't be playing while driving. It's just that my son, gets fussy on long trips. The baby einstein DVD's can only entertain him for so long. I wasn't planning on him wanting to play videogames sooo early, he's only 1 1/2.Who have you called so far so they can be eliminated?

sa_butta

Mixability
01-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Get on the show Unique Whips.

Never heard of it, but except for this, my truck is pretty much stock.

Mixability
01-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Who have you called so far so they can be eliminated?

Everyone on the southside especially Mothers Window Tint is eliminated, because I don't want my shit stolen a week after I get it installed. Electronics 2000 said they might be able to. Custom Sounds is going to call me back.

Viva Las Espuelas
01-24-2007, 02:27 PM
How about some In-Car Driving.

Mixability
01-24-2007, 02:29 PM
How about some In-Car Driving.

How about some In-Thread Reading.

Just so everyone knows, No, I won't be playing while driving.

sa_butta
01-24-2007, 02:38 PM
Everyone on the southside especially Mothers Window Tint is eliminated, because I don't want my shit stolen a week after I get it installed. Electronics 2000 said they might be able to. Custom Sounds is going to call me back.I was thinking those two as well. Custom Sounds will be very expensive. I know they dont do the best work but what about Best Buy or Tiny Tunes?

Mixability
01-24-2007, 02:48 PM
I was thinking those two as well. Custom Sounds will be very expensive. I know they dont do the best work but what about Best Buy or Tiny Tunes?

I'd probably feel more comfortable with Best Buy, I'm sure they'd be able to do it. And it'd be good to keep it all with one vendor. I could buy the 360, controllers, screens, installation, wire, etc all at one place. :tu

01-24-2007, 02:50 PM
If you're looking for a "clean" install, where are you going to put the 360? And I would imagine it'll need a cooling fan of some sort.

Mixability
01-24-2007, 02:56 PM
If you're looking for a "clean" install, where are you going to put the 360? And I would imagine it'll need a cooling fan of some sort.

An AC vent that shoots under my seat should cool it enough. It has enough clearance too.

01-24-2007, 03:00 PM
An AC vent that shoots under my seat should cool it enough. It has enough clearance too.

I'm not trying to throw rocks at your idea, but if you have it under a seat, how do you change the game (BTW, I don't have a 360 so I don't know how it loads)?

Fillmoe
01-24-2007, 03:09 PM
westcoast customs......

i had them install a bitch that gives head under my steering wheel.....

they can do anything!

Mixability
01-24-2007, 04:52 PM
I'm not trying to throw rocks at your idea, but if you have it under a seat, how do you change the game (BTW, I don't have a 360 so I don't know how it loads)?

If set horizontally, it should fit perfect. It has a simply tray load, a slot like a ps3 would go perfect, but I'd rather have the 360.

baseline bum
01-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Is it really worth it to put a 360 on a headrest screen? The failure of the PSP shows that 3D on a tiny screen just doesn't make sense. It would be a lot cheaper to buy your son a Nintendo DS, and it would probably be a lot more fun for him too. The DS is perfect for long trips, as it has 8 or 9 hours of battery life, and it's a great design with the touchscreen and stylus controls... and it's really simple to play.

Clandestino
01-24-2007, 10:11 PM
i'd tell your son or anyone else inthe back to stop acting up or you're going to whip their asses... fuck the 360 or anything else..

Mixability
01-25-2007, 02:12 PM
Is it really worth it to put a 360 on a headrest screen? The failure of the PSP shows that 3D on a tiny screen just doesn't make sense. It would be a lot cheaper to buy your son a Nintendo DS, and it would probably be a lot more fun for him too. The DS is perfect for long trips, as it has 8 or 9 hours of battery life, and it's a great design with the touchscreen and stylus controls... and it's really simple to play.

I have a bigger overhead screen that will be used. The other 4 headrest screens will be there as backup, just in case someone can't see. My son isn't the only one playing at a time. I think it'd be worth it, since I'd rather have 1 360 with 4 controllers than to have 4 DS's all trying to link up. And wouldn't I need to buy 4 copies of the same game to even link the DS's up?