PDA

View Full Version : Source: Bulls Offer Gordon In Package For Gasol

Burn531
01-24-2007, 03:06 PM
General manager John Paxson said he would be open to any and all trade offers prior to the Feb. 22 deadline, but as has been the case in recent years, he's not convinced the Bulls have advanced far enough to disrupt their young nucleus in a blockbuster move.

While the scrambled Eastern Conference is there to be had, the consensus is that the Bulls aren't in the same class as Western Conference contenders.

"I'll explore whatever we can explore," said Paxson, who addressed the immediate future of the team, among other topics, prior to Tuesday night's date with the Atlanta Hawks. "If there's a deal out there, we'll see if we can be part of a trade. If not, we'll have to survive the way we're built right now."

Paxson neither confirmed nor denied interest in Memphis Grizzlies star forward Pau Gasol, who's been mentioned prominently in trade rumors.

According to a league source, the Bulls offered a package that includes guard Ben Gordon, forward P.J. Brown and a first round draft pick in return for Gasol, who has requested a trade. The source also said Brown would be included in any trade made before the deadline.

As it has been since the start of the season, an established inside scorer remains atop the Bulls' wish list.

"I don't know how many times I can say that I would like to have a guy like that," said Paxson, who did not mention Gasol by name. "But for the good of the organization and my responsibility to ownership, I can't give too much to get something. We're not in that position right now."

Paxson conceded it would be difficult to part with Gordon and forward Luol Deng in partciular at this time.

The emergence of Deng and Gordon as consistent scorers has been the most positive story line of the season thus far.

"They have more value today than when the season started," Paxson said. "Everybody in this league would love to have Lu Deng and Ben Gordon. I'm glad we have them."

http://www.dailysouthtown.com/sports/226639,241SPT9.article

RS189
01-24-2007, 04:16 PM
I would take deng over gordon if i was the grizz

timvp
01-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Deng + Thomas + Brown + Knicks 1st = Gasol + Stoudamire

mabber
01-24-2007, 05:18 PM
I would take deng over gordon if i was the grizz

I agree. I'd much rather have Deng than Gordon.

Spurminator
01-24-2007, 06:26 PM
This would be a coup for the Bulls. They rid themselves of a chucker and get a legitimate inside offensive presence.

ChumpDumper
01-24-2007, 06:30 PM
The Grizz can let the Bulls sweat this one for awhile.

baseline bum
01-24-2007, 06:35 PM
Deng + Thomas + Brown + Knicks 1st = Gasol + Stoudamire

That's a horrible deal for the Bulls. Deng is a long three that the game seems to be made for right now, and to give up a prospect like Thomas and even worse, a pick that could be an Oden, Durant, Hortford, Noah, Wright, etc.? Gasol scores down low at a really efficient rate, but he's pretty far from a complete player defensively and on the boards. To me, there's no way he's worth that much, and Damon Stoudamire has been worthless this year.

RS189
01-24-2007, 07:36 PM
That's a horrible deal for the Bulls. Deng is a long three that the game seems to be made for right now, and to give up a prospect like Thomas and even worse, a pick that could be an Oden, Durant, Hortford, Noah, Wright, etc.? Gasol scores down low at a really efficient rate, but he's pretty far from a complete player defensively and on the boards. To me, there's no way he's worth that much, and Damon Stoudamire has been worthless this year.

The knicks will be a borderline playoff team this year, no way their pick is getting any of those guys

Amare_32
01-24-2007, 10:12 PM
I am not even sure the Bulls should give up Gordon for Gasol. Thats a horrible trade for the Bulls. I can see Deng but not Gordon. They are better off keeping Gordon. Gasol is not going to get them anywhere even in the Leastern Conference.
________
Health store (http://herbalhealthshop.com)
________
Vaporizer Review (http://vaporizers.tv/)

Axl Van Dam
01-25-2007, 07:18 PM
:dizzy Paxson is smokin' some pretty heavy stuff to trade a stud like Ben Gordon :dizzy

Bob Lanier
01-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Paxson traded Jamal Crawford, too, and Gordon isn't nearly as good as Crawford.

6-2 streaky shooting guards who don't play defense or pass are a dime a dozen. 7-footers who can dominate on the low block aren't.

dallaskd
01-25-2007, 08:00 PM
the bulls are definately getting the better end, but if they give up gordon their gonna need a guard in return.

Amare_32
01-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Paxson traded Jamal Crawford, too, and Gordon isn't nearly as good as Crawford.

6-2 streaky shooting guards who don't play defense or pass are a dime a dozen. 7-footers who can dominate on the low block aren't.

:lol The Bulls would not even be the 5th seed without Gordon. Yes 7 footers are hard to come by but why trade your best player for a powderpuff like Gasol. FYI Crawford is not better than Gordon.
________
HOTBOX VAPORIZER (http://www.vaporshop.com/hotbox-vaporizer.html)
________
Vaporizer wiki (http://vaporizerwiki.com)

Vinnie_Johnson
01-25-2007, 10:21 PM
I am not even sure the Bulls should give up Gordon for Gasol. Thats a horrible trade for the Bulls. I can see Deng but not Gordon. They are better off keeping Gordon. Gasol is not going to get them anywhere even in the Leastern Conference.

I agree way to much to give up for the hairy one.

dallaskd
01-25-2007, 10:38 PM
chicago need to pull this, memphis better include pj brown, hes a beast.