PDA

View Full Version : Was change made to Conference Playoff seeding and Finals?

mFFL03
01-24-2007, 03:58 PM
Did they change the disputed seeding? Will it be best records this year? Or based on Divisions?

And for the Finals....

Did they change the 2-3-2 ? Thats bull if they didn't. Everyone knows it should be 2-2-1-1-1

The home team barley even has a chance to win to their home crowd...and thats just plain wrong.

Who cares if its too much travel....they can get a day off in between. This is their CAREER we are talking about.

zocool16
01-24-2007, 04:05 PM
Did they change the 2-3-2 ? Thats bull if they didn't. Everyone knows it should be 2-2-1-1-1

The home team barley even has a chance to win to their home crowd...and thats just plain wrong.

Who cares if its too much travel....they can get a day off in between. This is their CAREER we are talking about.

what?...I didn't know it should be 2-2-1-1-1.... IMO I don't care, it's still 4 home games and 3 road games

mFFL03
01-24-2007, 04:07 PM
yea, but 3 straight home games for the "weaker" team doesn't seem right either. I think my method is much better......

ponky
01-24-2007, 04:08 PM
seedings are 1234, top team from each division plus the team with the best record, then 5678 based on records

ponky
01-24-2007, 04:09 PM
playoff format is 2-3-2 for the finals only, the rest of the playoffs are 2-2-1-1-1

ponky
01-24-2007, 04:16 PM
yea, but 3 straight home games for the "weaker" team doesn't seem right either. I think my method is much better......

ridiculous. most *weaker* teams would not sweep those three games and there was no way the mavs should have let them win three in a row. if we had won just one of those games we'd be in a great position going back to dallas to play two games. stop whining.

trueD
01-25-2007, 01:46 AM
seedings are 1234, top team from each division plus the team with the best record, then 5678 based on records
Does the team with the best record in conference get the #1 seed then?

ponky
01-25-2007, 01:52 AM
Does the team with the best record in conference get the #1 seed then?

yes, naturally that would be the team at the top of at least one of the three divisions although it is possible for the other two divisions to be lower than that fourth team that is not at the top of the division

trueD
01-25-2007, 01:52 AM
ridiculous. most *weaker* teams would not sweep those three games and there was no way the mavs should have let them win three in a row. if we had won just one of those games we'd be in a great position going back to dallas to play two games. stop whining.
I agree, it's really hard to win three in a row. Home court is an extra advantage at the Finals. Like someone said, who cares about flying back and forth? Ask the team without HC what they think, duh.

Although, a possible stay of five or six days in the opponents city just sCrEaMs greater cheeseburger injecting opportunities :lol

trueD
01-25-2007, 02:09 AM
yes, naturally that would be the team at the top of at least one of the three divisions although it is possible for the other two divisions to be lower than that fourth team that is not at the top of the division

Right, but which doesn't solve the problem the league had last year when the West's 3rd seed Nugs with 44 wins had to play the 6th seed Clips with 47 wins.

But then again maybe the 4th seed Mavs (60 wins) were better off playing the 5th seed Griz (49 wins) than the 7th seed Lakers (45 wins). You just never know. Would have maybe put Kings in a precarious 9th seed situation if we hadn't beed the Nugs in regular season, so....carry on, I guess.

:)

Seriously, that's messed up. I thought they were gonna change it this year?

SoCal Lakeshow
01-25-2007, 02:59 AM
Although, a possible stay of five or six days in the opponents city just sCrEaMs greater cheeseburger injecting opportunities :lol
That worked great for your team. :lol :lol

SoCal Lakeshow
01-25-2007, 03:09 AM
Right, but which doesn't solve the problem the league had last year when the West's 3rd seed Nugs with 44 wins had to play the 6th seed Clips with 47 wins.

But then again maybe the 4th seed Mavs (60 wins) were better off playing the 5th seed Griz (49 wins) than the 7th seed Lakers (45 wins). You just never know. Would have maybe put Kings in a precarious 9th seed situation if we hadn't beed the Nugs in regular season, so....carry on, I guess.

:)

Seriously, that's messed up. I thought they were gonna change it this year?
Why do you care it's not gonna effect the Queens.

mffl89
01-25-2007, 04:16 AM
So does the 4th seed get HC advantage in the first round if their record is lower than the 5th seed? If not, then what's the point of being the 4th seed?

jacobdrj
01-25-2007, 01:47 PM
4th seed CAN'T have a lower record than the 5th seed. But the 4th seed can have a better record than the 2nd and 3rd seed.

trueD
01-25-2007, 11:29 PM
My point (which is the only one that matters in this thread :lol) is, the 4th seed plays the 5th seed, which wasn't fair to Griz last year. Griz should have been playing the team with the 4th best record in the league, instead they played the team with the 2nd best record in the league.

Which really fucked up things at the bottom, especially when Suns said Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday to the Lakers their last regular season game by holding out Bell and Nash. And why? Because the Suns wanted to play the Lakers instead of Kings. If the 2nd winningest team would have been the 2nd seed (as it SHOULD be), then Kings may have become the 7th seed (since Suns should have easily beat Lakers with Nash and Bell) and played the Mavs instead of the Spurs first round. Which probably wouldn't have changed our results, true dat. If the game was about winning at the end of your season 0and not about where you end up in the seeding...Kings would likely have played the Suns in the first round, who we matched up against much better than Spurs. But I seriously digress... :lol

Honestly, it wasn't fair that 5th seed Griz (49 wins) were forced to play 4th seed Mavs (60 wins), or that 3rd seed Nugs (44 wins) were forced to play 6th seed Clips (47 wins).

Seeding by Division sucks. Just give the fukking division banner to the division winners to hang in their arena and call it all good.

PLUS, check this out. MVP's aren't considered in teams that finish less than 4th seed. How fair is that? Last year all the bottom seeds had more wins than 3rd seed Denver (Kings were 3-1 with 'em regular season).