PDA

View Full Version : This team is a disgrace.

TwoHandJam
01-24-2007, 11:29 PM
From top to bottom this team is in shambles.

In danger of losing their 8th game at home to a Houston team without Ming that's lost 3 in row. And this after barely squeeking by the last 3 teams representing the absolute dregs of the league.

I don't even know where to begin. From the inaction of the FO to bring in the right players in the offseason to the horrific bench production to the sickening lack of discipline/professionalism and complacency amongst the players.

Popovich clearly has no answers and has lost the ability to motivate this team. At this point he should be docking pay from players but he continues to be an apologist for their inadequacies. "We just hope to be playing the right way at the right time." What horseshit. This is what a team with the pedigree of the Spurs should be aiming for? How about respecting your opponent and bringing an honest effort night in and night out?

Anyone who knows basketball knows their record is fools gold. Our record against >.500 teams is telling. I'm so angry tonight having to watch this same movie again tonight. Play down to your opponent, disrespect them and then hope for a come-from-behind finish. Unfortunately, I know how this movie ends most of the time.

Sickening.

Buddy Holly
01-24-2007, 11:35 PM
What are you talking about??

There's still the rodeo road trip. Don't forget about SPAM. We're a slow starting team. We play better in the playoffs. What else...?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Popovich clearly has no answers and has lost the ability to motivate this team. At this point he should be docking pay from players but he continues to be an apologist for their inadequacies. "We just hope to be playing the right way at the right time." What horseshit. This is what a team with the pedigree of the Spurs should be aiming for? How about respecting your opponent and bringing an honest effort night in and night out?

How many NBA rings do you have? None? Well STFU then. Now that Tpark's reply is out of the way...

Preaching to the choir here. The people of San Antonio, the fans of the Spurs, and the players on the team deserve more than Pop, R.C., and Holt are giving them.

If Holt's going to sell the fucking team he just needs to do it and get someone in ownership who will actually put the pieces around Duncan to try and win another ring before he gets old.

The whole front office and Coach Pop are a fucking disgrace right now. And any Popsucker who disagrees can suck my dick.

Actually, scratch that, one of you sick fucks may actually try to take me up on that one. Go suck Pop's, you've been doing it for years anyway.

SequSpur
I love the fact that Tony Parker with 9 seconds left, stands at the top of the 3 line with absolutely no one guarding him and he passes up not one but two fuckkin chances to shoot it and he dishes it.... There you go bitches... the new point guard of the spurs... :lmao

SAtown
Yeah, at 30-14 we're a disgrace right? Everyone else in the NBA (not named DAL or PHX) would kill to have our record. Get your head out of your ass please.

Marcus Bryant
01-24-2007, 11:40 PM
What else can Pop do with the hand he's been dealt? The blame goes above his head. It goes above RC's as well.

Amuseddaysleeper
What are you talking about??

There's still the rodeo road trip. Don't forget about SPAM. We're a slow starting team. We play better in the playoffs. What else...?

hahaha

SPAM IS DEAD

people need to accept that the team is pitiful and that a championship barring a solid trade or the burial of finley and pop's small ball will never happen this season

this rodeo trip is gonna be the worst stretch for this team to face at the worst time.

and AHF :lol

bigfundamental21
If you want to see a team in shambles, check out the entire eastern conference.

1Parker1
I think it was Bill Walton (?) who said it best when the Spurs were down like 14 with 4 minutes left and they managed to bring it back to within 4. "Why can't the Spurs play with this sort of intensity for 48 minutes?"

And that's exactly the point. Spurs get so predictable, so stagnant, and so un-energized until they find themselves down with 3 or 4 minutes left in the game. For the first time in a while, I actually don't even enjoy watching the Spurs play. Not because they're losing, they've always gone through some sort of losing streak in years past. Difference is, this time they are playing seriously boring, unmotivated basketball with ZERO intensity and interest. You can't have that.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Yeah, at 30-14 we're a disgrace right? Everyone else in the NBA (not named DAL or PHX) would kill to have our record. Get your head out of your ass please.

Why don't you get your head out of your ass. I don't know if you realize this or not, but both of those teams are above us in the standings and in our way for even getting out of our conference, let alone to get a ring.

If you think being 6 games behind a Dallas team that isn't slowing down anytime soon is a good thing, you've got weak fucking standards. Good luck with that McDonald's burger flipping career you've got lined up.

td4mvp21

Our record is fool's gold. If you can't see that, then don't even talk. We can't beat the good teams and that is a serious problem.

TDfan2007

those teams don't have our talent. This was an awful loss in which nobody but Tim showed up.

Cherry
01-24-2007, 11:42 PM
...and some Spurs fans are disgrace for this forum.

I´m tired. :pctoss

Amuseddaysleeper
01-24-2007, 11:42 PM

stop settling for less

this team was built for a championship so a distant third place for a club that refuses to show ANY effort is a complete disgrace and an insult to the fans who support the team time and time again.

why the spurs couldn't play like they did in the last 5 minutes of the game for even a 20 minute stretch is beyond me

it's all about effort and if a former elite basketball team hs forgotten about effort then they deserve to be called a disgrace

Leetonidas
01-24-2007, 11:43 PM
Are you fucking retarded? We're struggling against .500 teams and our record versus over .500 teams is terrible. We fucking blow at home and our Spurs have no determination and lack anything resembling balls.

I'm sick of the Spurs. Coming from a guy who watches all their games and has so much merchandise in his room and hardly ever bad mouths them, it's really hard to say, but I am fucking sick of their complacency and lack of determination and outright retarded play.

Go fuck yourself Spurs. You guys are fucking losers and you all need to wake the fuck up and pull your heads out of your asses.

MannyIsGod
I think it was Bill Walton (?) who said it best when the Spurs were down like 14 with 4 minutes left and they managed to bring it back to within 4. "Why can't the Spurs play with this sort of intensity for 48 minutes?"

And that's exactly the point. Spurs get so predictable, so stagnant, and so un-energized until they find themselves down with 3 or 4 minutes left in the game. For the first time in a while, I actually don't even enjoy watching the Spurs play. Not because they're losing, they've always gone through some sort of losing streak in years past. Difference is, this time they are playing seriously boring, unmotivated basketball with ZERO intensity and interest. You can't have that.Its true. The ESPN crew even sees their lack of desire and motivation. Tericho said as much when he pointed out that the Rockets just wanted it more.

This team doesn't need a trade. Well, it does, but a trade isn't the biggest problem they have. They have no heart and they're not hungry. And you can't trade for desire. You have it or you don't. And its not a switch you can flip. This team is no where near good enough for switch flipping.

This team is horrible at the moment, and most of it stems from a flat out lack of desire.

SAtown
Why don't you get your head out of your ass. I don't know if you realize this or not, but both of those teams are above us in the standings and in our way for even getting out of our conference, let alone to get a ring.

If you think being 6 games behind a Dallas team that isn't slowing down anytime soon is a good thing, you've got weak fucking standards. Good luck with that McDonald's burger flipping career you've got lined up.

What the FUCK are you talking about? Burger flipping? We're talking about sports, not careers or standards. You've got problems

gilmor
01-24-2007, 11:44 PM
I think the rotation at the start of the 4th is what done us in... If we had a better rotations, we could have won..

MannyIsGod
Yeah, at 30-14 we're a disgrace right? Everyone else in the NBA (not named DAL or PHX) would kill to have our record. Get your head out of your ass please.That record is serious fools gold consider what the Spurs record over their last 20 is.

kris
How many NBA rings do you have? None? Well STFU then. Now that Tpark's reply is out of the way...

Preaching to the choir here. The people of San Antonio, the fans of the Spurs, and the players on the team deserve more than Pop, R.C., and Holt are giving them.

If Holt's going to sell the fucking team he just needs to do it and get someone in ownership who will actually put the pieces around Duncan to try and win another ring before he gets old.

The whole front office and Coach Pop are a fucking disgrace right now. And any Popsucker who disagrees can suck my dick.

Actually, scratch that, one of you sick fucks may actually try to take me up on that one. Go suck Pop's, you've been doing it for years anyway.

I don't always agree with how you say it, but I agree with what you're saying. When do Spurs fans stop saying tommorow and start saying today?

sribb43
01-24-2007, 11:45 PM
You cant put the spurs in the class of other teams in the league, because their expectations are so much higher (realistically) than 95% of the teams in the NBA. These are the spurs not the T-Wolves or Cavs, etc

TwoHandJam
Second to last paragraph of my post. Read. Think.

I know you likely learned to walk erect recently and figuring out those stone tools must have been a bitch but you need to bring more to the thread if you're going to rebut. Stop wasting my time, I've no patience for novices tonight.

supaphly119
What the FUCK are you talking about? Burger flipping? We're talking about sports, not careers or standards. You've got problems, and I'm driving a fucking Mercedes SLK 280, so

slk 280...is that supposed to be impressive?

Extra Stout
Tim Duncan and eleven amputees could post a winning record.

The waning years of Duncan's prime are being wasted so that Holt can maximize his profit when he sells the team.

You know, if they're going to throw away the last few years of the greatest power forward in the history, I'd just as soon he leave and go try to get a fourth ring with a franchise that isn't selling out.

ducks
01-24-2007, 11:46 PM
they do not care right now
they are going thru the motions
I believe they can play 48 minutes in the playoffs
things get serious for them after the allstar game

Marcus Bryant
01-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Tim Duncan and eleven amputees could post a winning record.

The waning years of Duncan's prime are being wasted so that Holt can maximize his profit when he sells the team.

You know, if they're going to throw away the last few years of the greatest power forward in the history, I'd just as soon he leave and go try to get a fourth ring with a franchise that isn't selling out.

As long as he goes somewhere that is tolerable to follow.

SAtown
01-24-2007, 11:47 PM

Exactly

Extra Stout
01-24-2007, 11:47 PM
As long as he goes somewhere that is tolerable to follow.
Orlando looks like they could have cap space.

Duncan and Howard would be like the old days for Timmy.

MannyIsGod
01-24-2007, 11:48 PM
No, not exactly. You can't flip switches. It doesn't work.

Buddy Holly

You sound like you have your head up an ass. Sure it's a good record, it should be, we have Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker. They're good for a good regular season record.

Problem is, we have a weak as bench, we have inconsistant shooters, and we have an age problem.

We won't get far in the playoffs with the group of guys we have.

Hey, a good regular season may make your nipples hard but it doesn't mean shit.

Aggie Hoopsfan
What the FUCK are you talking about? Burger flipping? We're talking about sports, not careers or standards. You've got problems, and I'm driving a fucking Mercedes SLK 280, so

You seem content with mediocrity, because that's what's out on the court for this team right now.

Oooh, leased automobile talk. Whoopdefuckingdoo. I could own a Mercedes too, but then I'd look like every other tool living beyond their means.

SAtown
slk 280...is that supposed to be impressive?

My point is that my career is not in buger flipping. Actually, far from it :lmao

ducks
yeah david robinson bolted did he not
duncan has a kidd now
and a house
duncan does not care
he himself is not bringing it for 48 minutes
HE is not going to demand a trade

sribb43
Lame Post, Im tired of hearing that they will turn it on later.

ducks
01-24-2007, 11:49 PM
look at the spurs playoff record then dallas

SequNets
Pop is the reason.

1Parker1
Its true. The ESPN crew even sees their lack of desire and motivation. Tericho said as much when he pointed out that the Rockets just wanted it more.

This team doesn't need a trade. Well, it does, but a trade isn't the biggest problem they have. They have no heart and they're not hungry. And you can't trade for desire. You have it or you don't. And its not a switch you can flip. This team is no where near good enough for switch flipping.

This team is horrible at the moment, and most of it stems from a flat out lack of desire.

The sad thing is, I'm not even having fun watching them play! Their ball movement sucks, their offense is stagnant, even Ginobili looks unenergized out there. WTF?

Buddy Holly

Sorry, I covered those weak excuses in post II.

Kori Ellis
01-24-2007, 11:50 PM

In danger of losing their 8th game at home to a Houston team without Ming that's lost 3 in row. And this after barely squeeking by the last 3 teams representing the absolute dregs of the league.

I don't even know where to begin. From the inaction of the FO to bring in the right players in the offseason to the horrific bench production to the sickening lack of discipline/professionalism and complacency amongst the players.

Anyone who knows basketball knows their record is fools gold. Our record against >.500 teams is telling. I'm so angry tonight having to watch this same movie again tonight. Play down to your opponent, disrespect them and then hope for a come-from-behind finish. Unfortunately, I know how this movie ends most of the time.

Sickening.

Or ... the Spurs just aren't that good.

People always assume that the Spurs aren't trying or aren't respecting their opponents.

Maybe they just don't have the horses to win.

Maybe.

Buddy Holly
01-24-2007, 11:50 PM

Yeah, look at the Celtics playoff record, look at LA's, look at Houston's, look at Chicago.

I guess that makes them all instant title winners.

1Parker1
01-24-2007, 11:51 PM
No, not exactly. You can't flip switches. It doesn't work.

:lol Well....tell that to the 2006 NBA Champions, The Miami Heat.

Aggie Hoopsfan

If we don't stop losing we aren't even going to be in the playoffs.

sribb43
Ya Tom Brady was 12-1 in the playoffs, so what they shouldnt even play the game, now his is 12-2

supaphly119
peter holt just needs to man the fuck up and buy us someone good. fuck the salary cap, fuck luxury tax...i want a motherfucking sg/sf who can go 20-5-2 a game. where's rashard lewis or gerald wallace when you need them?

Buddy Holly

People always assume that the Spurs aren't trying or aren't respecting their opponents.

Maybe.

Exactly, the Spurs have built a team that is three roses and 11-12 shits.

They think the three diamonds are enough to cover the smell of the 11-12 shits.

Marcus Bryant

There's no reason for TD to stay. The days of legends playing their entire career for one team are over. Winning another title with another franchise would only amplify his greatness. The departure of TD would be a great rejection of all the bullshit Holt's tried to get away with over the last couple of years. It's also not like the Spurs could paint TD as your average greedy selfish NBA player. I really wonder how the Spurs' spin machine would tackle that one.

Marcus Bryant
01-24-2007, 11:52 PM

I could live with that.

Buddy Holly
01-24-2007, 11:52 PM
:lol Well....tell that to the 2006 NBA Champions, The Miami Heat.

Is there a "Choke" switch to turn on? Because that's all Dallas did.

SAtown
01-24-2007, 11:53 PM
You seem content with mediocrity, because that's what's out on the court for this team right now.

Oooh, leased automobile talk. Whoopdefuckingdoo. I could own a Mercedes too, but then I'd look like every other tool living beyond their means.

Don't be mad there are more successful people than you :lol

fitzgerald
01-24-2007, 11:54 PM
I am speechless about the Spurs. Something internal is wrong. I see no emotion. Something has to change or they will get worse. Feel sorry for you guys. I was looking forward to a three team race. It is just really weird what is happening.

MannyIsGod

Maybe.Thats part of it, but a huge part of it is the effort on the court. You can tell when players are hustling. Effort is very apparent. And it is usually missing from the Spurs.

There is no way that you can sit there and tell me that the sense of urgency the Spurs started the fourth quarter was the same as what they finished it with. There's just no way. If they come out and give that same effort early in the fourth, I think they win this game. But if you have to wait until your down 10 to actually have that fire lit, you're not going to win many games.

So yes, they've got huge personel issues, but they damn sure aren't trying as hard as they could be either.

Buddy Holly

Dude, bring a valid point or shut the fuck up. Your retard act is getting tiresome.

Extra Stout
At the beginning of the season, this team looked like it was going to be the Big 3 and assorted flotsam.

Early on, some of the supporting cast looked like they might turn out OK.

Midway through the season, the team looks like the Big 3 and assorted flotsam.

The Spurs scored 85 points tonight. The supporting cast outside of the Big 3 got 23 points on 10-31 shooting.

Borosai
01-24-2007, 11:55 PM
Lame Post, Im tired of hearing that they will turn it on later.

I agree, it has gotten old already. It's one thing to start of slow and improve throughout the season; it's another thing to start off well and decline as you go. This team, as is, will not challenge for a championship.

Aggie Hoopsfan

Successful? I see folks like you all the time up here in Dallas. Driving a Beamer, living on credit cards. If I wanted to be a pretentious asshole I could do the same thing with the job I have, but I choose not to.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess...

MannyIsGod
There's no reason for TD to stay. The days of legends playing their entire career for one team are over. Winning another title with another franchise would only amplify his greatness. The departure of TD would be a great rejection of all the bullshit Holt's tried to get away with over the last couple of years. It's also not like the Spurs could paint TD as your average greedy selfish NBA player. I really wonder how the Spurs' spin machine would tackle that one.You're making the same mistake in regards to predicting Tim's actions as you do when you analyze Holts. You're assuming that winning a title is or should be the number one concern for Tim Duncan and his family.

Trifecta
They have no heart and they're not hungry. And you can't trade for desire. You have it or you don't. And its not a switch you can flip. This team is no where near good enough for switch flipping.

....Add no accountability and commitment from top of the organization as well!

NuGGeTs-FaN
hey it could be worse, you could be the Utah Jazz :lol

Kori Ellis
Thats part of it, but a huge part of it is the effort on the court. You can tell when players are hustling. Effort is very apparent. And it is usually missing from the Spurs.

There is no way that you can sit there and tell me that the sense of urgency the Spurs started the fourth quarter was the same as what they finished it with. There's just no way. If they come out and give that same effort early in the fourth, I think they win this game. But if you have to wait until your down 10 to actually have that fire lit, you're not going to win many games.

So yes, they've got huge personel issues, but they damn sure aren't trying as hard as they could be either.

Tim and Tony were on the bench for the first 3 1/2 minutes or so of the 4th. Talent issue.

ShoogarBear

Maybe.You think the Spurs aren't good enough to beat the Rockets without Yao at home?

Extra Stout
01-24-2007, 11:56 PM
There's no reason for TD to stay. The days of legends playing their entire career for one team are over. Winning another title with another franchise would only amplify his greatness. The departure of TD would be a great rejection of all the bullshit Holt's tried to get away with over the last couple of years. It's also not like the Spurs could paint TD as your average greedy selfish NBA player. I really wonder how the Spurs' spin machine would tackle that one.
There would be nothing to spin. Pop would retire, Manu and Tony would demand trades, and the Spurs would fall to 14-68.

Holt would see a cool $50 million sliced off the value of his team.

SAtown
Dude, bring a valid point or shut the fuck up. You're retard act is getting tiresome.

I did, and everyone gets all wet. Look, what season have we NOT gone through this crap? Laziness, old age, crap like that. What's getting old is people personally insulting other people on a SPORTS FORUM because of a SPURS LOSS. That's fucking pathetic.

Oh and refer to the 1st page of this thread. Thanks

1Parker1

Maybe.

Aside from a Nazr/Rasho, this is basically the same team that won 63 games last season and came within a foul of making it to the conference finals and finals again.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-24-2007, 11:57 PM
I did, and everyone gets all wet. Look, what season have we NOT gone through this crap? Laziness, old age, crap like that. What's getting old is people personally insulting other people on a SPORTS FORUM because of a SPURS LOSS. That's fucking pathetic.

Considering how many home games we've already lost, I'm going to say that we haven't gone through this crap in a while.

Marcus Bryant
01-24-2007, 11:57 PM
You're making the same mistake in regards to predicting Tim's actions as you do when you analyze Holts. You're assuming that winning a title is or should be the number one concern for Tim Duncan and his family.

TD's not about winning? The only time I've ever seen TD look at all like he was sandbagging it has been when the situation was decided. He's been carrying that look for just about all of this season.

ducks
01-24-2007, 11:58 PM
If we don't stop losing we aren't even going to be in the playoffs.

just getting in is all it takes

Marcus Bryant
There would be nothing to spin. Pop would retire, Manu and Tony would demand trades, and the Spurs would fall to 14-68.

Holt would see a cool $50 million sliced off the value of his team.

Yep. Which makes me wonder if he's getting out of the business this year...

supaphly119

weak. you drive an underpowered, overpriced german status symbol. it was what...40k? wow, baaaallllllllin.

Extra Stout
Aside from a Nazr/Rasho, this is basically the same team that won 63 games last season and came within a foul of making it to the conference finals and finals again.
Sometimes, rather than aging gracefully, players fall off a cliff.

MannyIsGod
01-24-2007, 11:59 PM
TD's not about winning? The only time I've ever seen TD look at all like he was sandbagging it has been when the situation was decided. He's been carrying that look for just about all of this season.I'm sure he wants to win. I don't think he will believe the situation is bad enough here for him to bolt for

1) less money
2) a new location

There are more factors than "Gee, Dwight Howard is good". In the end I have no idea what he'll decide when the time comes, but whatever.

Meh, I don't even care, the subject is what it is.

Fuck it. I'm sick of this fucking shit right now.

TwoHandJam
01-25-2007, 12:00 AM

Maybe.
Don't think so. If they played with the same urgency they played with in the last 5 minutes of <insert any close loss here> then they probably win. I'm not saying they have the horses to win against Dallas and Phoenix this year but they can hang with anyone else.

The Spurs just aren't trying this year for large stretches in games. It's painfully obvious. When was the last time announcers publicly called out the Spurs for lacking desire?

MannyIsGod
01-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Tim and Tony were on the bench for the first 3 1/2 minutes or so of the 4th. Talent issue.That still leaves at least another 4 minutes of horrible play. (not to mention the 3 quarters before that)

I will give you this. I felt that Finley should'nt have played in the fourth, and I felt that Pop waited far too long to bring back Bruce.

However, I saw a different gear the Spurs used in that quarter that wasn't used the rest of the game. And that fucking sucks.

Buddy Holly
01-25-2007, 12:01 AM

Oh and refer to the 1st page of this thread. Thanks

You're a moron, it's that simple.

SequNets
01-25-2007, 12:02 AM
I can't wait until Phoenix plays the Spurs. I would guesstimate a 40 point loss. :lol

ShoogarBear
If the Spurs aren't a good enough team to beat Houston without Yao at the AT&T, then we need to start collecting lucky charms for our lottery pick.

sribb43
Like Pop said the other day, there are hungrier teams out there like Dallas and {hx because they havent won anything yet and are trying hard for the championship

SequNets
That still leaves at least another 4 minutes of horrible play. (not to mention the 3 quarters before that)

I will give you this. I felt that Finley should'nt have played in the fourth, and I felt that Pop waited far too long to bring back Bruce.

However, I saw a different gear the Spurs used in that quarter that wasn't used the rest of the game. And that fucking sucks.

The only gear I saw was a lost team.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-25-2007, 12:03 AM

Maybe.

I've always wanted to make a thread about the fact that Spurs simply might not be good enough (which is I thought I haven't head since the '97-98 season) but knew that either

a) I'd get flamed for it considering how pressimistic my posts usually are

and

b) I am secretly hoping that them not being good enough is not the case obviously as that would be a harsh reality check

anyways, I agree about intensity but I don't think they are fit enough to keep up the intensity for even 40 minutes let alone 48

In that regards, the team might be too old for that

Marcus Bryant
I'm sure he wants to win. I don't think he will believe the situation is bad enough here for him to bolt for

1) less money

Marginally less money, especially for him at this point in his career. A new spot might actually help him land a new endorsement or two.

2) a new location

New might be quite appealing for him now.

There are more factors than "Gee, Dwight Howard is good". In the end I have no idea what he'll decide when the time comes, but whatever.

Meh, I don't even care, the subject is what it is.

Fuck it. I'm sick of this fucking shit right now.

Then perhaps playing with Kobe. If he made himself available he'd have his pick...

SAtown
You're a moron, it's that simple.

Haha, ok. You got it, I'm a moron. Do you not know how to keep a conversation without insulting people? You don't even know me

Buddy Holly
Don't think so. If they played with the same urgency they played with in the last 5 minutes of <insert any close loss here> then they probably win. I'm not saying they have the horses to win against Dallas and Phoenix this year but they can hang with anyone else.

The Spurs just aren't trying this year for large stretches in games. It's painfully obvious. When was the last time announcers publicly called out the Spurs for lacking desire?

They can't keep up with that urgency because of the bench.

We go up big on teams like Boston and Philly only to lose them and have the game become close because of our crappy ass role players our bench. Why?

Because we have Horry, Finley, Barry, Udrih, Oberto playing like the Washington Generals.

Viva Las Espuelas
this is one long jack section.

ducks
01-25-2007, 12:04 AM
tp or duncan need to be on the court all the time

Buddy Holly
01-25-2007, 12:04 AM
Haha, ok. You got it, I'm a moron.

Acceptance is key. Now don't reply ever again. I'm tired and done with you kid.

Leetonidas
01-25-2007, 12:05 AM
If the Spurs played every game like they did in the last 5 minutes tonight, they would be dismantling opponents by 20 or 30 points consistently.

SAtown
Acceptice is key. None don't reply ever again. I'm tired and done with you kid.

Spellcheck, kiddo.

ducks
Marginally less money, especially for him at this point in his career. A new spot might actually help him land a new endorsement or two.

YEAH DUNCAN SURE LIKES TO BE IN THE SPOTLIGHT NOT
ANY OTHER CITY HE GETS MORE SPOTLIGHT
GIVE IT UP MB

New might be quite appealing for him now.

Then perhaps playing with Kobe. If he made himself available he'd have his pick...

Buddy Holly

I think SAtown found his counterpart.

SequNets
01-25-2007, 12:06 AM
If the Spurs played every game like they did in the last 5 minutes tonight, they would be dismantling opponents by 20 or 30 points consistently.

What turnovers? Giving up layups.. .shooting twos when you need three... going to Bruce Bowen for points in crunch time????

Dude, they would be in the lottery faster than the Raptors.

SAtown
01-25-2007, 12:07 AM
I think SAtown found his counterpart.

Look, just because I refuse to trash our team because of their performance, that doesn't make me a moron, kid, or anything else you can call me. I love the Spurs, and I'll never stop believing. That's it.

Marcus Bryant
No ducks, TD is about winning. Why shouldn't he go to an organization that's about that?

Kori Ellis

Well not exactly, but sort of.

In the past, Pop always kept at least two of the Big 3 on the floor at the same time. And that was very successful.

Now, he goes long stretches of TD without the other 2, or Manu without the other 2.

He needs to go back to his philosophy of keeping 2 of the 3 always out there. The bench isn't good enough to just have one of them out there.

Buddy Holly
Spellcheck, kiddo.

Wow kid, are you clicking refresh constantly? I noticed that the moment I posted and fixed it. It was on the forum for 10 seconds top. Do you have no life so much so that you sit and hit refresh nonstop?

Again, no replies I'm sick and tired of your ass, kid.

Buddy Holly
01-25-2007, 12:08 AM
Look, just because I refuse to trash our team because of their performance, that doesn't make me a moron, kid, or anything else you can call me. I love the Spurs, and I'll never stop believing. That's it.

Ok homer, we get it. Reality isn't your bag.

ShoogarBear
Okay, kiddies, predict who's going to say this tonight:

"We need to hit our shots."

SequNets
Wow kid, are you clicking refresh constantly? I noticed that the moment I posted. Do you have no life so much so that you sit and hit refresh nonstop?

Again, no replies I'm sick and tired of your ass, kid.

You need to stop talking shit about members here and keep your takes to the game.

Kori Ellis
SATown/BuddyHolly - Can you two bitches shutup and stick to the topic?

Mr. Body
01-25-2007, 12:09 AM

AHF drives a beat down Pinto. His mom fucks johns in the back of a Pinto. That's where she had his rubbish ass, in the back of a Pinto.

SAtown

I'm perfect, thank you very much. :downspin:

Buddy Holly
:depressed

Buddy Holly
01-25-2007, 12:10 AM

No problemo Kori.

SequNets
01-25-2007, 12:10 AM
COming from the punk who tried to belittle someone about their economic status. :rolleyes

Again, kid, english. Do not reply because it's over.

Who in the fuck are you calling a punk?

SAtown
01-25-2007, 12:11 AM

Don't even bother man.

Buddy Holly
01-25-2007, 12:11 AM

I thought you were SAtown when I posted that.

My fault.

Buddy Holly
01-25-2007, 12:12 AM

Ducks.

SAtown
01-25-2007, 12:13 AM
I thought you were SAtown when I posted that.

My fault.

Again, 1st page, thanks. You can read, am I right?

Buddy Holly
01-25-2007, 12:14 AM
Kori, how do I place someone on ignore?

Never mind, found it.

ShoogarBear
01-25-2007, 12:15 AM
She can't read your posts.

Extra Stout
01-25-2007, 12:15 AM
Okay, kiddies, predict who's going to say this tonight:

Once upon a time, the Spurs could go for minutes without scoring and squeak out an unwatchable 77-70 win.

That they blabber on about hitting shots is indicative of what they've become.

Teams with Ray Allen on them mumble about needing to hit shots to win.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2007, 12:16 AM
Kori, how do I place someone on ignore?

Go to your Control Panel, click on Buddy/Ignore List in the sidebar and then add their screen name. :tu

SequNets
She can't read your posts.

:lmao

tsb2000
I'm finding the lack of energy, effort, and discipline on both ends of the floor appalling. :madrun

SequNets
01-25-2007, 12:18 AM
When Bob Hill lost at home, he had lost the team... When Pop loses at home, it's because they miss shots.. :lmao

Buddy Holly
01-25-2007, 12:19 AM
When Bob Hill lost at home, he had lost the team... When Pop loses at home, it's because they miss shots.. :lmao

Bob Hill? WTF does this have to do with him? That was 10+ years ago, let that shit go.

Extra Stout
01-25-2007, 12:26 AM
Bob Hill? WTF does this have to do with him? That was 10+ years ago, let that shit go.
This has to do with Bob Hill because the Spurs are playing as if they were coached by Bob Hill rather than Gregg Popovich.

1Parker1
01-25-2007, 12:27 AM
Once upon a time, the Spurs could go for minutes without scoring and squeak out an unwatchable 77-70 win.

:tu That's actually a very good point.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-25-2007, 12:27 AM
AHF drives a beat down Pinto. His mom fucks johns in the back of a Pinto. That's where she had his rubbish ass, in the back of a Pinto.

I hate to rain your parade, but you're really not that funny. If you are going to bring smack, at least come up with decent.

At any rate, I'm going to apply one of Kori's posts to you:

bitch, Can you shutup and stick to the topic?

Honestly, all the petty juvenile smack talk is just old. And you're not even good at it.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2007, 12:28 AM
When I said the Spurs don't have the horses, I meant that they aren't being utilized correctly.

The bench isn't good. So here's this take again to get the thread back on track.

Well not exactly, but sort of.

In the past, Pop always kept at least two of the Big 3 on the floor at the same time. And that was very successful.

Now, he goes long stretches of TD without the other 2, or Manu without the other 2.

He needs to go back to his philosophy of keeping 2 of the 3 always out there. The bench isn't good enough to just have one of them out there.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-25-2007, 12:31 AM

Rack the Stout.

timvp
01-25-2007, 12:35 AM
I don't even know what's wrong with this team. They aren't trying hard enough ... but how do you fix that? They are in full coast mode but there is only so much Pop can yell at them.

This is when it'd be nice to have an Avery Johnson on the team as a player to stand up and demand effort. The most vocal player on the team is probably Robert Horry, and he's the laziest of them all. This team has 15 Indians and no Chiefs.

Then on top of not putting in the effort, this team just has some aged players who now suck. Finley is freakin' amazingly horrible now. I wish the Spurs would just waive him. Barry is decent ... but passes up shots and can't be counted on in big situations.

The backup point guard position is killing this team. Tony sits and the team just dies. It forces Manu to take over too much instead of playing as part of the team. If the Spurs could get a backup point guard who can give decent minutes, that could solve some problems.

Then the bigmen outside of Duncan pretty much suck. Oberto and Elson are the Spurs' centers ... while on most teams they'd be a 12th man. Oberto brings effort about once every dozen games and Elson just isn't that good. Horry is probably better than both of them, but he's washed up and some games (like tonight) just doesn't bring anything to the court.

The lack of skill outside of the big three hurts a player like Bowen, because all of a sudden Bowen is like the team's fourth most consistent scorer ... and that's just wrong. Bowen is best as a fifth option. With as bad as some of the players are in the rotation, all of a sudden Bowen is sometimes a third option on the court.

I'm not ready to give up this team as a championship contender just yet, but the Spurs are in trouble. At the very least, Pop needs to shorten the rotation. The Spurs shouldn't have more than 7 or 8 players in the rotation when things are going this poorly.

If Maggette isn't available, at least go out and get someone like Chucky Atkins who can come in and give the second unit some life. A fourth player who can create their own shot would do wonders for this team.

It's damn frustrating at this point. Luckily it's still January so the Spurs have a shot to turn things around. One trade could change everything. But at the very least, it's time to shorten the rotation (AKA stop playing Finley and one of Oberto, Elson and Horry).

Frustrating.

:madrun :madrun :madrun

Budkin
01-25-2007, 12:36 AM

Maybe.

Exactly... we just don't have what it takes to win a championship this year, plain and simple. It's a damn shame too because we have three of the leagues best players on our team. But the rest of them are just pitiful.

SequNets
01-25-2007, 12:38 AM
dude, if you're going to write an essay like that, you should at least have your own topic... this topic is dumb.

Marcus Bryant
01-25-2007, 12:39 AM
Unless someone is willing to hand over a decent player whose contract expires before '08 for crap (aka "expiring contract") I don't see the Spurs making a move.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2007, 12:44 AM
The backup point guard position is killing this team. Tony sits and the team just dies. It forces Manu to take over too much instead of playing as part of the team. If the Spurs could get a backup point guard who can give decent minutes, that could solve some problems.

:tu Or at least leave Duncan out there to help Manu.

Then the bigmen outside of Duncan pretty much suck. Oberto and Elson are the Spurs' centers ... while on most teams they'd be a 12th man. Oberto brings effort about once every dozen games and Elson just isn't that good. Horry is probably better than both of them, but he's washed up and some games (like tonight) just doesn't bring anything to the court.

I don't know if most people will admit that, but it's true. You can't have a 5/5 who is too short and too slow to play against real bigs, backed up by a 5/5 guy who can just run and dunk, can't set screens, rotate or do anything else. And then there's Horry who just can't physically bring it every night.

timvp
01-25-2007, 12:44 AM
Unless someone is willing to hand over a decent player whose contract expires before '08 for crap (aka "expiring contract") I don't see the Spurs making a move.

Chucky Atkins' contract ends this summer.

And that shows you how low we've gone. Now to think about players who the Spurs can get, you have to look for expiring contracts on bad teams who can be acquired for trash instead of players that can help you win.

Atkins isn't anything special, but he's a massive upgrade over Beno and Vaughn and he comes off the book this summer.

NBA Test, Holt Approved. ©

johnpaulwall21
01-25-2007, 12:45 AM
so whats da deal with the trades. are they not going to happen this year?

Kori Ellis
01-25-2007, 12:46 AM
so whats da deal with the trades. are they not going to happen this year?

The deadline isn't for another month.

johnpaulwall21
01-25-2007, 12:46 AM
i've said it before that we need someone like chucky atkins cause of his clutch baskets and poise. and hes pretty streaky himself

Marcus Bryant
01-25-2007, 12:51 AM
Chucky Atkins' contract ends this summer.

And that shows you how low we've gone. Now to think about players who the Spurs can get, you have to look for expiring contracts on bad teams who can be acquired for trash instead of players that can help you win.

Atkins isn't anything special, but he's a massive upgrade over Beno and Vaughn and he comes off the book this summer.

NBA Test, Holt Approved. ©

There's hardly anyone else out there who meets the Spurs' criteria. Maybe Mo Pete and that'd be just to do a deal to keep the peasants happy.

Mr. Body
01-25-2007, 12:55 AM
Sarunas Jasikevicius has one more year on his contract. He'd be like a Pop-Buford wet dream. White, slow, old. Supposed to be a good shooter. Oh yeah, and European.

johnpaulwall21
01-25-2007, 12:56 AM
trash big time trash

SequNets
01-25-2007, 12:57 AM
nobody is going to help the spurs get over the hump... what team wants to help the spurs?

timvp
01-25-2007, 12:58 AM
Atkins Or Bust.

:shootme

ShoogarBear
01-25-2007, 12:59 AM
87 year-old Darrell Armstrong put up a near trip doub the other day.

upTD
01-25-2007, 03:33 AM

Maybe.

Agree with you.

if your team has no the ability to beat the strong opponent, it should not always due to lack of desire and motivation.

romsho
01-25-2007, 06:30 AM

Maybe.

So is it just age or what? It LOOKS like a lack of talent, but then again except for Nazr and Rasho, the same talent was a couple of plays from making it to the finals eight months ago- so everyone just went to shit at the same time?

I don't know what their ceiling is, but I ain't just giving them the lack of talent pass. They are capable of playing much better than the garbage product that has been rolling out there for the better part of the season. Among other things, the ability to hit wide-ass open shots has suddenly left this team. The Beno experiment has to be over. No more Jacque Vaughn coming in and trying to cover it up either. If they are not going to go out and aquire a backup point, I would rather see Barry in there-get him used to the position again-spend the rest of the season if necessary getting some semblance of a set rotation and see if you can get a cohesive unit out of what is on the bench.

There is still time to turn this thing around. This team is not near as bad as it looks right now. At least I hope it's not.

ploto
01-25-2007, 09:46 AM
There's hardly anyone else out there who meets the Spurs' criteria. Maybe Mo Pete and that'd be just to do a deal to keep the peasants happy.
I think the window on Mo Pete is closed. His agent was the one clamoring for a trade, and I think that has all pretty much subsided.

ShoogarBear
01-25-2007, 11:16 AM
Agree with you.

if your team has no the ability to beat the strong opponent, it should not always due to lack of desire and motivation.For the third time in this thread: the Spurs don't have enough talent to beat the Rockets without Yao in San Antonio?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-25-2007, 11:41 AM
For the third time in this thread: the Spurs don't have enough talent to beat the Rockets without Yao in San Antonio?

Beat me to it.

Manu_The _Best
01-25-2007, 01:01 PM

Sickening.

AGREE. THOSE "PLAYERS" are getting millions of dollars to perform every night - instead we are getting Tony P. on the ESPN yesterday saying "it is hard for us to be motivated during the regular season" - he should get a BIG FINE for that, at least, in my company...You are paid $65 mln. to PLAY HARD every night NOT to Hide!!! If you leave Timmy, everyone else sucks right now...