PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant or Greg Oden?

T-Pain
01-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Aside from being a Longhorns fan, Im lovin Kevin Durant, this guy can play. Hes makin more noise than Greg Oden IMO. What yall think?

johngateswhiteley
01-25-2007, 02:31 AM
...after seeing Oden finally start to reach his stretch, i'd have to say Oden. earlier, i would have gone with Durant.

lebomb
01-25-2007, 08:51 AM
ODEN

A good center is worth more to a team than a good forward any day.........ask any coach or GM.

This was a simple one to answer.

IcemanCometh
01-25-2007, 11:18 AM
jordan or Ewing

dirk or yao

baseline bum
01-25-2007, 11:31 AM
jordan or Ewing

dirk or yao

This is more like McGrady or Shaq

Brutalis
01-25-2007, 03:16 PM
This is easy to me.

Oden.

The league is in dire need of more dominant true centers. Durant is a long forward in the NBA and there are several of them.

mardigan
01-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Durant can play any position, guard almost anyone, shoot from anywhere, rebound, block shots, pass, finish and is a great teamate. And ask the Mavs or Suns how important a dominant center is, they would probably just laugh. Durant in a landslide

K-State Spur
01-25-2007, 05:04 PM
Aside from being a Longhorns fan, Im lovin Kevin Durant, this guy can play. Hes makin more noise than Greg Oden IMO. What yall think?

take away durant's ability to use his right hand and tell me if he is still a threat for a double-double every night.

mardigan
01-25-2007, 06:41 PM
Bad argument, different type of players, Oden gets his points off of dunksand free throws, besides that he really doesnt have much offensive talent at this point, Durant can do everything, and probably could still be a double double threat with Odens same injury

E20
01-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Right now Kevin Durant for me.

T-Pain
01-25-2007, 06:50 PM
sorry, i shoulda asked whos the better freshmen...

mardigan
01-25-2007, 07:51 PM
To tell you the truth, I dont know if I have ever seen a better fresh than Durant, maybe Carmello, but his team was better. Durant looks like one of the most complete players I have ever seen

K-State Spur
01-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Bad argument, different type of players, Oden gets his points off of dunksand free throws, besides that he really doesnt have much offensive talent at this point, Durant can do everything, and probably could still be a double double threat with Odens same injury

Exactly, you only see the put backs and dunks because he can barely use his right hand. He's not the raw offensive player that you are making him out to be.

mardigan
01-26-2007, 12:27 PM
I saw his high school games as well, guy has no jump shot, and a hook that still needs to improve, stop acting like this guy is Pat Ewing, he is just a big athlete right now. I know he will improve once hes with the right big mans coach, but right now he is just a less dominate Shaq with a better free throw shot (and I know its with his left and he is right handed). The question is who is better right know, and to me Durant is far and away a better player in a worse team

K-State Spur
01-26-2007, 12:59 PM
I saw his high school games as well, guy has no jump shot, and a hook that still needs to improve, stop acting like this guy is Pat Ewing, he is just a big athlete right now. I know he will improve once hes with the right big mans coach, but right now he is just a less dominate Shaq with a better free throw shot (and I know its with his left and he is right handed). The question is who is better right know, and to me Durant is far and away a better player in a worse team

it depends, if that is the question, it is clearly durant. if the question is who should go #1, it's probably still Oden. i took it to mean the latter, but looking back, i might be wrong.

mardigan
01-26-2007, 01:04 PM
I agree that Oden should be the #1 pick, no doubt, and he probably will be the more dominant of the 2, Im just saying at this point it is very clear to me that Durant is one of, if not the most talentd offensive (and getting better at d) players I have ever seen. I know Oden will be much, much better once his hand heals, but being the #1 pick doesnt make you more talented, just maybe more potentiall, i.e. Kwame with the 1st pick in 01, Parker with the last pick in 01

Greg Oden
01-27-2007, 11:21 AM
mardigan, when is Durant's cock going to fall out of your mouth, cause it's firmly planted in there right now.

I'm not even 100% and I'm still dominating. Time will tell.........that I will be better and currently am better than Durant.

JMarkJohns
01-27-2007, 12:18 PM
This really is rediculous. Oden's posting better numbers than freshmen Ewing, O'Neal, Mourning and Duncan and doing so with his off hand.

Durant's a monster and will be the NBA's next big star, mostly because wings are always bigger than forwards and centers, but Oden is the dominant force that changes a team for the better by 15+ games as a rookie.

mardigan
01-27-2007, 02:14 PM
24, 11, 2 blocks a game, only about 2-3 inches shorter than Oden,like I said, he is more talented, that doesnt mean more dominant. And cock in my mouth? Whos the fucking loser trying to actually post as Oden, you probably jerk off to your espn magazine pics of Oden every night,......fag

Greg Oden
01-27-2007, 09:04 PM
And cock in my mouth?

yes, there is a cock in your mouth. just now noticed?

mardigan
01-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Dude your a fucking stupid little bitch, but you probably didnt need me to tell you that fag

johngateswhiteley
01-27-2007, 09:08 PM
This really is rediculous. Oden's posting better numbers than freshmen Ewing, O'Neal, Mourning and Duncan and doing so with his off hand.

Durant's a monster and will be the NBA's next big star, mostly because wings are always bigger than forwards and centers, but Oden is the dominant force that changes a team for the better by 15+ games as a rookie.

i agree, i think you have to take Oden #1.

mardigan
01-27-2007, 09:12 PM
Oden for sure #1, I just think Durant is more talented offensivley, doesnt mean I think hes more dominant, Oden scares the shit out of people around the rim

Greg Oden
01-27-2007, 09:18 PM
Dude your a fucking stupid little bitch, but you probably didnt need me to tell you that fag

:lol

Fillmoe
01-27-2007, 11:11 PM
you know who i am voting for........... my dude greg oden....

Horry For 3!
01-27-2007, 11:56 PM
neither, both suck.
Sam, SrA Husker

^^^^ Idiots.

SrA Husker
01-28-2007, 03:00 AM
Wait a second? How did I get thrown into this thread and being called an idiot when I haven't even posted in it 'til now?

Horry For 3!
01-28-2007, 03:30 AM
Wait a second? How did I get thrown into this thread and being called an idiot when I haven't even posted in it 'til now?
Because you voted, "neither, they both suck.", it is obvious both of them are #1 draft picks.

mardigan
01-28-2007, 09:43 PM
Yeah thats a good enough reason

timvp
01-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Oden.

And it's not even close.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Oden's the next great big man in the NBA. Durant loves the three point line too much.

dallaskd
01-28-2007, 10:17 PM
durant all the way foo.

mardigan
01-28-2007, 10:54 PM
Oden.

And it's not even close.
Thats ridicoulous, not even close? 10 more points, almost 2 more rebounds, 1 steal more per than Oden, not saying Durants gonna be better, but right now its not even close Durants way

JMarkJohns
01-28-2007, 11:49 PM
Is this for this current NCAA season? With regards to the upcoming draft? For the future of a franchise?

As for the first, right now Durant is more impressive. Still, he's healthy and Bigs take longer to develop than do wings. With regards to the draft, I seriously doubt anyone has anybody over Oden. Not nobody, not no how! As for the future, Durant will be a bigger star, but Oden will be the most dominant defensive force in the game by the age of 25 and while it may take longer for his offensive game to cach up, he's got the instincts and the smart to be the next Robinson or Hakeem.

After you get past the current stats, which are VERY hard to look past, you simply have to take Oden. 90% of Championship teams have had a Hall-of-Fame big man. Save for the few isolated Titles like the SuperSonics or Bulls, teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Rockets and Spurs have shown what is most needed. Save for that great two-way wing of Jordan's calibur, you simply must have a dominant big man in the NBA. MUST HAVE.

kevin durant
01-29-2007, 06:43 PM
me of course

RonMexico
01-30-2007, 03:10 AM
Oden should be number 1 pick. But Durant is going to be amazingly good. All in all, I just want Atlanta to finish with the #4 pick so the Suns can take it and big up somebody pretty awesome in the lottery.

JMarkJohns
01-30-2007, 08:48 AM
Oden should be number 1 pick. But Durant is going to be amazingly good. All in all, I just want Atlanta to finish with the #4 pick so the Suns can take it and big up somebody pretty awesome in the lottery.

If all goes as planned... Oden declares, Durant declare, Noah declares, Wright (of UNC) declares, Arthur (of Kansas) declares...

With this and the Suns netting the pick at #4 or #5, any of Noah (6-11, 235, very athletic, great shot blocker, good passer, rebounder and good low-post), Wright (6-10, 225, very athletic, 7-6+ wingspan, good range, good smarts) or Arthur (6-9, 225, athletic, good range, good all-around offensively/defensively, fierce competator) will all be there for the Suns to choose from.

This fails to list 7-foot Brooke Lopez of Stanford, 6-11 Spencor Hawes of Washington, 6-11 Tiago Splitter of Brazil, 7-0 Yi Jianlian of China or Al Horford (6-9, 240) of Florida or Josh McRoberts (6-10, 230) of Duke.

If everyone enters (which is unlikely), the Suns should have a bevy of PF/C options to choose from.

I'd take Noah or Wright and be as happy as one can be in any draft, knowing the current talent on the Suns and the amazing talent that is either of the two PFs...

mardigan
01-30-2007, 02:05 PM
Also, Hansborough, and Tucker, gona be a sick draft

spyder
01-31-2007, 10:30 PM
Durant is a beast tonight!! he's the fukin man

mookie2001
01-31-2007, 10:57 PM
yeah the spurs game blows, everyone shouldve watched the Durants

Jimcs50
01-31-2007, 11:45 PM
Durrant : 37 pts and 23 rebs AT Texas Tech tonight.

Nuff said

johngateswhiteley
01-31-2007, 11:57 PM
Durrant : 37 pts and 23 rebs AT Texas Tech tonight.

Nuff said

one game doesn't make this poll, give it to the season and see who was right. i think its crazy to think Durant has nearly as much of an effect on defense than Odom does. that being said, Durant is more versatile on offense...but i still give the slight edge to Odom. and think the draft will go...1. Odom 2. Durant.

...Durant is going to get pushed around in the NBA, at least in his early years, imo. Odom not nearly as much.

T-Pain
02-01-2007, 12:13 AM
37 pts 23 reb tonight vs. Tech, this guy is the shit im tellin yall!

mardigan
02-01-2007, 12:17 AM
one game doesn't make this poll, give it to the season and see who was right. i think its crazy to think Durant has nearly as much of an effect on defense than Odom does. that being said, Durant is more versatile on offense...but i still give the slight edge to Odom. and think the draft will go...1. Odom 2. Durant.

...Durant is going to get pushed around in the NBA, at least in his early years, imo. Odom not nearly as much.
One game? Your fucking kidding me right? This kid brings it every night, regardless of who or where he plays. The gap between the two is becoming bigger and bigger every night. 9 points and 6 rebounds compared to 37(which he has hit 3 times this year) and 23 fucking rebounds, ridicuoloso

johngateswhiteley
02-01-2007, 12:21 AM
One game? Your fucking kidding me right? This kid brings it every night, regardless of who or where he plays. The gap between the two is becoming bigger and bigger every night. 9 points and 6 rebounds compared to 37(which he has hit 3 times this year) and 23 fucking rebounds, ridicuoloso

you just made my point; i never said he didn't bring it every night or that he wasn't putting up great #'s on a continual basis. thanks.

E20
02-01-2007, 12:23 AM
37 pts 23 reb tonight vs. Tech, this guy is the shit im tellin yall!
I was switching between the Spurs game and this one and holy shit the guy had 17 Points and 18 rebounds like at the start of the second half. :wow

Meanwhile Greg Oden had 9 points and 8 rebounds. I'm hoping to see Oden jump out and get a big game in. Is it his injuries or what?

CruelMonkey
02-01-2007, 02:05 AM
I was switching between the Spurs game and this one and holy shit the guy had 17 Points and 18 rebounds like at the start of the second half. :wow

Meanwhile Greg Oden had 9 points and 8 rebounds. I'm hoping to see Oden jump out and get a big game in. Is it his injuries or what?

That be it... it was Oden's first game back from a brief absense, still only one-handed, being underused on a perimeter jacking team, still putting up better numbers as a freshman than Shaq/Hakeem/Ewing/DRob/etc ONE-HANDED.

But Durant's a fucking beast.

Sacramental
02-01-2007, 02:58 AM
who cares about either of them.

RonMexico
02-01-2007, 03:43 AM
They're both gonna be great pros, although Durant probably has to hit the weight room a little bit like KG and Kobe had to when they came out. Oden's body is like Amare's and Dwight Howard's, although I think he is more fundamentally sound.

BeerIsGood!
02-01-2007, 04:11 AM
Is this for this current NCAA season? With regards to the upcoming draft? For the future of a franchise?

As for the first, right now Durant is more impressive. Still, he's healthy and Bigs take longer to develop than do wings. With regards to the draft, I seriously doubt anyone has anybody over Oden. Not nobody, not no how! As for the future, Durant will be a bigger star, but Oden will be the most dominant defensive force in the game by the age of 25 and while it may take longer for his offensive game to cach up, he's got the instincts and the smart to be the next Robinson or Hakeem.

After you get past the current stats, which are VERY hard to look past, you simply have to take Oden. 90% of Championship teams have had a Hall-of-Fame big man. Save for the few isolated Titles like the SuperSonics or Bulls, teams like the Lakers, Celtics, Rockets and Spurs have shown what is most needed. Save for that great two-way wing of Jordan's calibur, you simply must have a dominant big man in the NBA. MUST HAVE.

That was the NBA before the evil Stern changed the rules to benefit slashing, run and gun teams. The trend has been set and the new NBA's rules will continue to slant towards run and gun until the NBA is almost another damn version of streetball. Fundamental basketball of the Lakers and Spurs Championships has been deemed boring by Stern, and the rules are a changin' as the refs are instructed to call games differently. That being said - the big man will lose effectiveness and the athletic wing/forward will gain a bigger advantage as the league continues to change. 6 years from now the game will be so much slanted towards run and gun that Durant will be the hot commodity since his abilities are suited for that style of game. I hate to see it happen, but the days of the dominate big man are coming to an end.

JamStone
02-01-2007, 05:02 AM
Shawn Bradley or Chris Webber.
Olowokandi or Vince Carter.
Eddy Curry or Pau Gasol.
Darko or LeBron.

When two prospects are similarly regarded, the center isn't always the better player.

Oden keeps getting the hype like he's the next great NBA center. A year ago he was getting schooled by Derrick Character, who hasn't even been impressive at Louisville.

You don't always take the great athletic center over any other player.

Greg Oden looks like he'll be a pretty good NBA center someday.

Kevin Durant looks like he's the next great NBA superstar.

Right now, even though it's against popular beliefs, I would take Durant over Oden.

tlongII
02-01-2007, 09:43 AM
I'd take Oden. He will make his team better than Durant will.

Jimcs50
02-01-2007, 10:09 AM
I'd take Oden. He will make his team better than Durant will.

That was what they said about Okafor ve Dwight Howard

This kid will be the top guard in the NBA in 3 yrs...better than Lebron and Kobe..

johngateswhiteley
02-01-2007, 10:31 AM
This kid will be the top guard in the NBA in 3 yrs...better than Lebron and Kobe..

you must be joking, right? i am going to go out on a limb and say he won't be as good as Kobe or Lebron...and its not much of a limb if you ask me, :lol .

i think the comparison's to Carmelo Anthony are fair. Durant should be a very very good NBA player.

Jimcs50
02-01-2007, 10:35 AM
you must be joking, right? i am going to go out on a limb and say he won't be as good as Kobe or Lebron...and its not much of a limb if you ask me, :lol .

i think the comparison's to Carmelo Anthony are fair. Durant should be a very very good NBA player.

dude, 6'9" with mad skills in dribbling, passing and especially shooting and rebounding...Anthony could not even hold a candle to this kid at 18 yrs old.

I saw Magic play as a Freshman, and this kid has that look about him....just wait and see if I am right.

johngateswhiteley
02-01-2007, 10:48 AM
dude, 6'9" with mad skills in dribbling, passing and especially shooting and rebounding...Anthony could not even hold a candle to this kid at 18 yrs old.

I saw Magic play as a Freshman, and this kid has that look about him....just wait and see if I am right.

Melo averaged 22-10-2 on a team that won the national title. i'd say the freshman years in college are easily comparable...and he was on a team with G-Mac, Warrick, & Duany...plenty of other scoring options.

i will say Durant appears to have better ball handling skills, but its college, so who really knows and you could argue Melo went against better competition in the Big East. a Tracy McGrady comparison may not be bad either since McGrady can handle the ball well as a forward/guard....but as far as size and impact i'll go with Melo.

2centsworth
02-01-2007, 10:59 AM
Durant could be Lamar Odom or better than Tracy McGrady.

Oden could be Brad Sellers or Patrick Ewing.

Durant is a sure fire hit, I'm not quite sure on Oden. I saw a couple of Oden's highschool games and he didn't look so great either.

johngateswhiteley
02-01-2007, 11:06 AM
Durant could be Lamar Odom or better than Tracy McGrady.

Oden could be Brad Sellers or Patrick Ewing.

Durant is a sure fire hit, I'm not quite sure on Oden. I saw a couple of Oden's highschool games and he didn't look so great either.

i like the Lamar Odom comparison as well for Durant, though i think McGrady is closer. anyway, i disagree about the assessment of Oden...i think dude is a definite star. he has been hampered with injuries and he is still dominating on both ends. lets see when he is healthy, what #'s he puts up.

tlongII
02-01-2007, 12:20 PM
I think both players are great, but Oden just has a bigger impact in my opinion. He completely shuts off the inside game of the opponent.

mardigan
02-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Oden has no offensive skill, I know his wrist is hurt, but last year in high school when I watched his games , he only scored on dunks and free throws. I can see him being a lot like Dwight Howard, but right now at this point of Howards career, he doesnt dominate enough to change games by himself. And anyone that thinks Oden will be better than Howard is an idiot. Oden will be really good, but I dont think he will be dominate. When his wrist heals it will be easier to make a assesment.

Greg Oden
02-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Oden has no offensive skill, I know his wrist is hurt, but last year in high school when I watched his games , he only scored on dunks and free throws. I can see him being a lot like Dwight Howard, but right now at this point of Howards career, he doesnt dominate enough to change games by himself. And anyone that thinks Oden will be better than Howard is an idiot. Oden will be really good, but I dont think he will be dominate. When his wrist heals it will be easier to make a assesment.

Wait, so Shaq scored all of his career points off of 28 ft. jumpers?

Greg Oden
More like dunks and freethrows.

Greg Oden
but props to Durant. I could see him being a T-Mac like player....maybe not as good.

mookie2001
02-01-2007, 02:08 PM
god I cant even imagine how many entire Durant games yall've watched. I have seen 2 oden games so Im not going to analyze his game. but Durants the real deal, best player in big 12 and texas history and probably top 2 freshman of all time

mookie2001
02-01-2007, 02:12 PM
he is putting lamarcus aldridge to fucking shame

bigdog
02-01-2007, 03:05 PM
durant,without a doubt. when it comes to being a more complete player, durant has it all. but if you're looking for a dominant post player,then its oden.but durant has to be the best player in college right now.

mardigan
02-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Wait, so Shaq scored all of his career points off of 28 ft. jumpers?
Oden is no fucking Shaq, not even close. Oden is no where near as dominate as Shaq was in college. Like I said, this kid isnt even going to be Dwight Howard, but maybe after his wrist heals he can showcase some more of his offensive skills

Greg Oden
02-01-2007, 09:35 PM
i bet if i played for texas and durant played for OU, you'd be sucking my dick.

BradLohaus
02-01-2007, 09:45 PM
The Oden/Howard comparison sounds good to me. Oden is no where near as physically dominant as Shaq. He won't be able to toss around NBA bigs the way Shaq did in his prime. Still, there will be a time in the pretty near future when the debate will be over who is the NBA's dominant center - Howard or Oden.

As for Durant: I don't understand these McGrady comparisons. I like these two better. - 1.) More athletic Nowitzki who can't shoot quite as well but is better at everything else (Skip Bayless) 2.) Slighltly shorter KG with a true scorer's mentality (somebody at ESPN.com) Is he undoubtably not going to play power forward in the NBA? I see him as a 4 who can play some 3.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-01-2007, 09:55 PM
i bet if i played for texas and durant played for OU, you'd be sucking my dick.

Not any more than we did LaMarcus...

Cant_Be_Faded
02-01-2007, 09:56 PM
The Oden/Howard comparison sounds good to me. Oden is no where near as physically dominant as Shaq. He won't be able to toss around NBA bigs the way Shaq did in his prime. Still, there will be a time in the pretty near future when the debate will be over who is the NBA's dominant center - Howard or Oden.

As for Durant: I don't understand these McGrady comparisons. I like these two better. - 1.) More athletic Nowitzki who can't shoot quite as well but is better at everything else (Skip Bayless) 2.) Slighltly shorter KG with a true scorer's mentality (somebody at ESPN.com) Is he undoubtably not going to play power forward in the NBA? I see him as a 4 who can play some 3.
Ehhh maybe a Bosh type power forward but he has yet to show some hardcore back to the basket or post arsenal, when it comes down to it he's a 3 inside and out--you obviously have not watched more than 5 minutes of this kid play.

The McGrady comparison is dead on, but I like to think of him as a longer Tayshaun Prince with an incredibly better scoring game.

mookie2001
02-01-2007, 09:57 PM
funny that JGW and AHF favor Oden

BradLohaus
02-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Ehhh maybe a Bosh type power forward but he has yet to show some hardcore back to the basket or post arsenal, when it comes down to it he's a 3 inside and out--you obviously have not watched more than 5 minutes of this kid play.

Nowitzki hasn't shown any hardcore back to the basket arsenal and he's doing okay these days. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Durant has some time to learn some post moves.

mardigan
02-01-2007, 10:17 PM
I like the Dirk comparison, although he is as you said way more athletic and has way better handles. He does have a nice little post turnaround jumper, but I think the lack of post moves has more to do with him playing to his strengths this year, meaning he isnt very strong yet and probably isnt going to back anyone down. The reverse side of that is for a guy without much strenght, he grabs a shitload of rebounds, and doesnt get pushed off the block very much. Once he gets stronger, watch out. And no, if Oden was at UT I would still think the same thing, you cant ignore what Durants doing no matter what school he is at, unless you no nothing about basketball

RonMexico
02-01-2007, 10:25 PM
Durant has impressed the shit out of me, but BOTH of them are going to be great, if not just because of their maturity. Durant has a work ethic that will imrpove his post moves and size. Oden is fundamentally sound and a physical presence with his length and natural shotblocking ability. Who's to say he can't turn into a DRob/Duncan? I think he has more of that teamplayer mentality - i.e. doesn't really care about stats while his teammates are jacking up shots and he risks more injury to his wrist in order to get on the court and be with his team.

BradLohaus
02-02-2007, 12:38 AM
I think the lack of post moves has more to do with him playing to his strengths this year, meaning he isnt very strong yet and probably isnt going to back anyone down. The reverse side of that is for a guy without much strenght, he grabs a shitload of rebounds, and doesnt get pushed off the block very much. Once he gets stronger, watch out.

I agree that one reason why Durant hasn't developed alot of post moves is because he hasn't had to. He can dominate a game offensively without alot of back to the basket moves. I don't see why he can't develop that part of his game enough to be a 4 with his talent plus NBA coaching.

Another reason I think he should mostly play the 4 is because, like you said, he grabs a ton of rebounds. He's too great of a rebounding and shot-blocking talent to not play him at PF. I can't see T-Mac going for 23 boards in a game, even against Texas Tech.

BeerIsGood!
02-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Durant is a 3 at the NBA level. He doesn't need dominating post moves because that's not his game and if he does post it will be when smaller forwards or guards are on him.

Durant will be the bigger impact player at the next level due to the style of game that is being promoted. Patrick Ewing and Hakeem wouldn't be as dominate in 2013 as they were in 1993 simply because of the way the games are being called.

johngateswhiteley
02-02-2007, 05:36 PM
funny that JGW and AHF favor Oden

why? why is it funny? have you read any of my posts in this thread at all?

in any case, i think Oden is the more impactful player. i compared Durant to McGrady and maybe he will be that good and maybe he won't...the draft is often a crap shoot. many players that are suppose to be good are not. but before you t-sip jaggofs try and repost me to death...take some time and actually read what i have already posted.

mookie2001
02-02-2007, 05:47 PM
its like finding out tpark and tlong watch foxnews, If i would have liquified all my assets and made a bet on which one yall would pick, I would have lost all my money and I'd be broke

johngateswhiteley
02-02-2007, 05:56 PM
its like finding out tpark and tlong watch foxnews, If i would have liquified all my assets and made a bet on which one yall would pick, I would have lost all my money and I'd be broke

huh? the only conclusion i can some to is this:

1. you think Durant is the best player by far and anybody who wouldn't pick him is foolish, so you'd bet on me picking Durant

2. Durant is in the Big 12 and we see his dominance first hand

...that be the case you are an idiot. also, it doesn't make any sense that you posted me and AHF favor Oden "go figure".

mookie2001
02-02-2007, 06:14 PM
no I think oden has an excellent chance of going #1, I took this thread as who do you think is the better player. If you had asked me before hand who I thought ahf and jgw would pick I would have said Oden, its different than cbf or me picking durant because we're fans of UT, or your saying Leinarts better than VY because you like usc- you two are not fans of ohio st, thus making it predictable and funny

johngateswhiteley
02-02-2007, 06:24 PM
no I think oden has an excellent chance of going #1, I took this thread as who do you think is the better player. If you had asked me before hand who I thought ahf and jgw would pick I would have said Oden, its different than cbf or me picking durant because we're fans of UT, or your saying Leinarts better than VY because you like usc- you two are not fans of ohio st, thus making it predictable and funny

i understand what you are saying but its completely illogical. i pick players solely based upon what i think of their performance, and i think Oden is better. some of you guys think i am a homer based upon previous thoughts on certain players. that just isn't so.

1. i think vyoung was an amazing CFB player, not so good in the NFL
2. i think Leinart was and is better than vyoung
3. i think Bush deserved the Heisman
4. i think Durant is a great player
5. i think Oden is better than Durant

...if there are t-sips that want to think there is an agenda behind these decisions....well fine. personally, i am not going to try very hard and convince people otherwise. you have your opinions and i have mine...i'm fine with it. however, anyone with a brain would realize this is a few players and few thoughts....that is all, by no means a trend.

K-State Spur
02-03-2007, 08:15 PM
man, that was the first time i've seen him play a full game in a few weeks, durant is not only a stud, but he is getting better.

nobody on this board probably knows much about him, but I'll put Akeem Wright up there with any defender in the conference, the guy is the closest thing the big 12 has to a bruce bowen. and durant still got his 30, sometimes making it look easy.

i've changed my mind (kind of), i see no reason that oden should be a no-brainer as the #1 pick next year.

T-Pain
02-04-2007, 03:05 AM
man, that was the first time i've seen him play a full game in a few weeks, durant is not only a stud, but he is getting better.

nobody on this board probably knows much about him, but I'll put Akeem Wright up there with any defender in the conference, the guy is the closest thing the big 12 has to a bruce bowen. and durant still got his 30, sometimes making it look easy.

i've changed my mind (kind of), i see no reason that oden should be a no-brainer as the #1 pick next year.
yeah i like greg oden, but if he is supposed to be the #1 player, then he should be averaging better numbers than Durant even after breaking his hand, because that shows he can still play after such an injury, whether it has somethin to do with it or not. I think the media hyped Greg Oden so much, it fueled KD to catch him.

BradLohaus
02-04-2007, 03:11 AM
Durant vs. the #1 D in the country will help decide this question. The Big 10 grinds it like no other conference, in basketball as well as football, while UT is top 5 in scoring in the country, which Durant unquestionably benefits from. If Durant lights up A&M then I think the tide will have turned. What a fascinating game it will be. I think the better A&M team will check him somewhat, but I still think Durant is the better NBA player, as long as his NBA coach keeps him inside of 20 feet. Don't let him jack up 3's in the league. A good coach won't let him fall in love with his jumper and will make him take it to the basket like all great players do.

johngateswhiteley
02-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Law.

K-State Spur
02-04-2007, 08:23 AM
if he is supposed to be the #1 player, then he should be averaging better numbers than Durant even after breaking his hand

I disagree with that, it is his shooting hand after all. Really, IMHO, he shouldn't be playing at all right now.

But Durant's abilities are completely independent of what Oden is doing right now. The kid is just plain special. By my count, he only got 1 uncontested shot the whole game yesterday (which he hit of course), and still put up 30 while shooting a good percentage from the floor.

johngateswhiteley
02-04-2007, 08:26 AM
yeah i like greg oden, but if he is supposed to be the #1 player, then he should be averaging better numbers than Durant even after breaking his hand, because that shows he can still play after such an injury, whether it has somethin to do with it or not.

i am not trying to bag on you, but that is one of the dumbest things i have ever read on this forum.

Jimcs50
02-04-2007, 10:01 AM
Kevin will be player of the year in college this year, AS A FRESHMAN....

Nuff said.

samikeyp
02-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Right now, Durant is having the better season. I would, however, like to see a full year from a fully healthy Oden. I still think he will be a great pro.

johngateswhiteley
02-05-2007, 08:26 PM
just to be clear:

1. Durant is player of the year right now
2. i would rather have Durant, at the moment, on my team

but if this is a poll about who is better or will be better in the NBA? as i said earlier i'd take a healthy Oden.

Mr Dio
02-05-2007, 11:36 PM
All KD did was have a totally OFF game vs the ags and STILL had 28/16.
A True Freshman people!!!!
On the ag D!!! :smokin

Pugglekicker_21
02-05-2007, 11:52 PM
oden will be a rock solid center but durant the next superstar. would you take a tim duncan or a kevin garnett that can shoot 3's?

Mr Dio
02-06-2007, 12:25 AM
oden will be a rock solid center but durant the next superstar. would you take a tim duncan or a kevin garnett that can shoot 3's?

Good to see common sense is still around. :toast

I'd begun to think it was extinct reading some of the idiotic posts around here. :lol

lebomb
02-06-2007, 08:16 AM
Dick Vitale was asked last night who would he pick.....Durant or Oden. He said "BOTH" at first jokingly......but then said ODEN will be the first picked because you cant disregard that huge inside presense that a big man can give you.

He said Durant is a special player.....one of the best he has ever seen, but he said ODEN will be #1.

So there you have it........never pass up a great center period.

P-O-Z
02-06-2007, 06:56 PM
durent dude is almost averaging a triple double a game

T-Pain
02-06-2007, 07:56 PM
Dick Vitale was asked last night who would he pick.....Durant or Oden. He said "BOTH" at first jokingly......but then said ODEN will be the first picked because you cant disregard that huge inside presense that a big man can give you.

He said Durant is a special player.....one of the best he has ever seen, but he said ODEN will be #1.

nah, Durant is #1

mardigan
02-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Durant could be putting up 15-20 a game in the NBA right now

Mr Dio
02-06-2007, 09:03 PM

What NBA team is Vitale the GM of?
Or is he a NBA head coach?
Great Center huh? He has been a pretty good Center in college, but great? :lol Not as of right now.

Who was SA's center when the Spurs won it all in 2005? A great center?

Was Michael Jordan the 1st player selected in his draft?
Never pass on a MEGA Star. Period. :smokin

tlongII
02-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Oden will be the #1 pick. Stop kidding yourselves. Durant is great, but Oden is better.

mookie2001
02-06-2007, 09:34 PM
you very well might be right, if youre picking on upside or potential, but theres no way anyone can say right now oden is better than durant

T-Pain
02-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Kiki says he would choose Oden if he were the Celtics GM, but thinks Durant is the Player of the Year. hmm...

johngateswhiteley
02-06-2007, 11:36 PM
Kiki says he would choose Oden if he were the Celtics GM, but thinks Durant is the Player of the Year. hmm...

i think thats the consensus. its not Oden's fault he broke his hand. plus, it amazes me that people aren't fathoming what this kid would be doing if he were healthy. he may only average 1-2 more boards, but he'd easily be in the 20 ppg range, imo.

Mr Dio
02-07-2007, 01:18 AM
It's about who is better, not who is drafted 1st or that the other has no talent.
Common sense tells us that Durant is better.
FACTS, and stats don't lie. 'Cept to the blind.

mardigan
02-07-2007, 01:21 PM
i think thats the consensus. its not Oden's fault he broke his hand. plus, it amazes me that people aren't fathoming what this kid would be doing if he were healthy. he may only average 1-2 more boards, but he'd easily be in the 20 ppg range, imo.
He averages 1-2 less boards than Durant

johngateswhiteley
02-07-2007, 01:23 PM
He averages 1-2 less boards than Durant

what does that have to do with anything i said?

Mr Dio
02-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Durant only avgs 10pts more than Oden.
Only a little more in Rebs.
Durant avgs apprx 1.5 in Blocked shots less than Oden. OH!, that must be why Oden is so much better, Oden is better when it comes to BS. :lol

mardigan
02-07-2007, 05:07 PM
he may only average 1-2 more boards, but he'd easily be in the 20 ppg range, imo.
Maybe I read this wrong, but I thought you wer saying that Oden averages more boards than Durant, to which I was replying that he wasnt, but I guess I read it wrong

LB7
02-07-2007, 05:50 PM
what does that have to do with anything i said?
Um, it hasn't nothing to do with it. Except for the fact that you said Oden has only 1-2 MORE boards and mardigan was correcting it. Oh, I guess it has something to do with what you said after all.

dallaskd
02-07-2007, 07:07 PM
no way you can say oden. no way.

tlongII
02-07-2007, 07:35 PM
The only way that Durant will be picked #1 is if he stays in school for another year.

Mr Dio
02-07-2007, 07:49 PM
Durant may not be the #1 overall pick in the NBA draft but he is the better overall player between these two.
The better player isn't always the #1 pick, ask MJ about that.
Too many yrs busts or not the best player goes #1 overall.

mardigan
02-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Or Kwame going over Pau or, or Olowakandi over Vince and Dirk, or Camby over Ray Allen, or Shawn Bradley over Penny, ...the bottom line is their have been tons of big men that have shown tons of talent in college that didnt translate. I know he is better than all of those players, but, like Ive said, he wont be better than Howard or Zo in his prime.I know he will be the top pick, I just think Durant will be a much more dominant player in the pros.

mookie2001
02-07-2007, 08:11 PM
lebron is the only one of those from the last 10 years though

mookie2001
02-07-2007, 08:13 PM
or you mean active players during the last 10 years?, then include jordan. Anyway I dont think anyones saying that youd be crazy not to pick durant 1, im just saying durant at this point is clearly a better player

mardigan
02-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Durant can play 4 positions. FOUR. Their are not many players ever that could say that. Shit, if Phoenix got him then 5. Its hard to call a guy 6-10 that can pull down 23 boards and blocks almost 2 shots a game a wing. So far all I can tell is that Oden is a more athletic Dikembe Mutombo

Mr Dio
02-07-2007, 11:53 PM
the tmacs and the garnetts haven't done much in terms of winning in the playoffs. It is always easier to build a team around a 7 foot center.

Shaq didn't win anything til he had Kobe AND TD didn't win it playing 5 on 1, Robinson et al helped just a little.

===
===

Apply this to the past if you want...here is the list of players in the last 10 years. AT their peaks, here is how most people would pick them

1) shaq with Kobe
2) duncan 2 outta 3 he needed some help there guy
3) kobe
4) lebron
5) garnett :lol

goes to show you that big men > wings

I see your point, Let me look up how easy it has been for the Bucks since they took Bogut #1 overall recently.

Mr Dio
02-07-2007, 11:55 PM
Durant can play 4 positions. FOUR. Their are not many players ever that could say that. Shit, if Phoenix got him then 5. Its hard to call a guy 6-10 that can pull down 23 boards and blocks almost 2 shots a game a wing. So far all I can tell is that Oden is a more athletic Dikembe Mutombo

Oh yeah, but Oden is a true C and taller so he is the best and blah blah blah!! :lol

Oden looks like he is a recovering 34yo unshaven crackhead.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-08-2007, 12:36 AM
ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh rules changes are diminishing the role of the dominant center, look at dwight howard, does anyone expect his team to contend for a championship? No, sure he'll make the playoffs, but rules changes favor the mavericks type player

Burn531
02-08-2007, 12:45 AM
From the 2 games I've seen Durant is the one I would want on my team.

timvp
02-08-2007, 12:46 AM
http://grammarpolice.net/archives/images/hookem.jpg
Kevin Durants is the best player evers! He throws it in the cup like no other! He's like Michael Jordan except taller, stronger and from UTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!1!one!

Cant_Be_Faded
02-08-2007, 12:52 AM
greg oden is huuuuuuuuuge :gpower (smiley added by CBF)

Marcus Bryant
02-08-2007, 12:53 AM
Either one would make the Spurs' rotation today.

Cant_Be_Faded
02-08-2007, 12:56 AM
How many championships would the spurs win if they had Kevin Durant as Bowen's protege and Greg Odom learning all of David Robinson's iron pumping techniques?

Eeeesh
wish spurs woulda tanked it this season

mookie2001
02-08-2007, 01:07 AM
timvp might actually make sense if only we werent talking about Kevin Durant, and in the past VY

timvp
02-08-2007, 01:49 AM
PJ Tucker is a monthter!!! Thedric is going to win thuper bowl em vee peeeeee

Horry For 3!
02-08-2007, 01:51 AM
UNC's head coach, Roy Williams picks Durant over Oden to have on his team. Smart guy.

mookie2001
02-08-2007, 01:54 AM
CBF and I were constantly hyping pj tucker and benson as the next big thing. It was PJ this, Benson that, in fact several threads went pages upon pages of us arguing their pro potential and that they were best players in the nation

timvp
02-08-2007, 01:55 AM
Tharcasm rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mookie2001
02-08-2007, 01:59 AM
durant and vince are bad players to pick to scoff

tlongII
02-08-2007, 10:46 AM
Last time I checked Oden's Buckeyes were ranked #5.

Where are Durant's Longhorns ranked?

mookie2001
02-08-2007, 12:20 PM
then jaokim noah is better than them both

mardigan
02-08-2007, 12:20 PM

Which guy has a better team around him?

Mr Dio
02-08-2007, 12:52 PM

Where did the Bucks start the season ranked? :smokin

Mr Dio
02-08-2007, 12:52 PM
then jaokim noah is better than them both

:lol
It's that West Coast logic huh? :lol

mardigan
02-08-2007, 12:56 PM
He is saying according to ranking Noah is both, in response to T Longs statement

Mr Dio
02-08-2007, 01:00 PM
He is saying according to ranking Noah is both, in response to T Longs statement

I hear ya.
TLong's sports logic is very, well, funny! :lol

mardigan
02-08-2007, 03:22 PM
^^Good point too on the topic of where did they start the year, they have done nothing but slip, while UT has done nothing but move up, with chances to be even higher with those heartbreaking losses to K-State and Ok- state.

SoCalSpursFan
02-08-2007, 06:11 PM
Durant.

Greg is wayyyyyy Odenrated.

mardigan
02-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Barkley picked Oden on PTI, said that centers like him dont come along often. Also said that players like Durant show up all the time. Pretty dumb comments actually