PDA

View Full Version : This looks all too familiar

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 12:04 AM
You guys might not agree with me because I was the same way back then, but y'all remind me of the Kings from 2 years ago before Webber was traded. A good team with a good record that just doesn't have what they used to. That fire that intensity that sparked fear into other teams. Before, y'all could get away with your weaknesses because you guys were that damn good. Now you guys can't because you have an aging star that just isn't what he used to be. There still some pieces to compete and make a strong playoff run but not enough pieces to actually beat the stronger teams like Phoenix, Dallas etc etc. I think the best thing for you guys to do would be to add a 4th option, preferably a SF, that can rebound and play D and doesn't demand the ball on offense too much. With all that said I think San Antonio has enough veteran players to go deep into the playoffs if they play to their full potential and their role players actually show up.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2007, 12:05 AM
Now you guys can't because you have an aging star that just isn't what he used to be.

Probably not a good day to bring this take, seeing as he just went for 37.

Leetonidas
01-25-2007, 12:06 AM
I agree. Tim just went for 37, 10, and 4. He has plenty in the tank.

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 12:07 AM

He might have just went for 37 but what I speak is the truth..... He just ain't what he used to be..... And if you will let one game blind you than so be it......

SequNets
01-25-2007, 12:07 AM
Duncan was awesome tonight... WTF?

Marcus Bryant
01-25-2007, 12:08 AM
The problem isn't the star, it's the supporting cast. Stick to the blow, 'moe.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-25-2007, 12:08 AM
Duncan cannot make a bank shot to save his life and it used to be automatic

1Parker1
01-25-2007, 12:09 AM

:lol Not to mention he even hit his FT's above his season average.

Leetonidas
01-25-2007, 12:09 AM
Duncan cannot make a bank shot to save his life and it used to be automatic
I believe he missed 2 and made 2.

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 12:10 AM
Can you guys as fans honestly say Tim Duncan is the same Tim Duncan from the early 2000s?

Extra Stout
01-25-2007, 12:12 AM
He might have just went for 37 but what I speak is the truth..... He just ain't what he used to be..... And if you will let one game blind you than so be it......
Tim Duncan is not the problem with the Spurs. The problem is that outside of Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili, their team consists of:

Brent Barry: aging and running on fumes
Bruce Bowen: over the hill and ineffective
Robert Horry: over the hill and ineffective
Michael Finley: over the hill and useless
Fabricio Oberto: the 12th man on most NBA teams
Francisco Elson: the 12th man on most NBA teams
Beno Udrih: NBDL fodder
Jacque Vaughn: NBDL fodder
Matt Bonner: former bench scrub for the deep-lottery Raptors
Eric Williams: effectively already all-but-retired

Extra Stout
01-25-2007, 12:13 AM
Can you guys as fans honestly say Tim Duncan is the same Tim Duncan from the early 2000s?
He is not at his peak, but he is still in his prime.

Two years ago, the Spurs won the title with Duncan playing on two sprained ankles.

He is not the problem.

Marcus Bryant
01-25-2007, 12:14 AM
He is not at his peak, but he is still in his prime.

Two years ago, the Spurs won the title with Duncan playing on two sprained ankles.

He is not the problem.

Shit, did Red buy the team back?

E20
01-25-2007, 12:14 AM
Tim Duncan is not the problem with the Spurs. The problem is that outside of Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili, their team consists of:

:tu

SsKSpurs21
01-25-2007, 12:16 AM
three words can solve our problems: consistent scoring threat!

what kills us are the 4-5 minute scoring droughts...after that we have to fight our way back, or we create a huge lead, then hit that scoring drought and back comes the opponent.

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 12:17 AM
True the supporting cast is bad but you guys can no longer go to Tim Duncan down on the block at the end of games to keep leads or regain leads. I remember he used to work the glass like a crack fiend back then. Don't get me wrong hes still a good player but hes lost a step and doesn't demand that double team that he once did in his career. If he had a better supporting cast he could get away with some of that and you are true in that form but regardless hes lost a step and it shows.

Extra Stout
01-25-2007, 12:22 AM
True the supporting cast is bad but you guys can no longer go to Tim Duncan down on the block at the end of games to keep leads or regain leads. I remember he used to work the glass like a crack fiend back then. Don't get me wrong hes still a good player but hes lost a step and doesn't demand that double team that he once did in his career. If he had a better supporting cast he could get away with some of that and you are true in that form but regardless hes lost a step and it shows.
You are right that Duncan is not the player he was in the 2001-02 and 2002-03 seasons.

He has not been that guy for a while now.

Parker is a significantly better player than he was two or three years ago. Ginobili is about the same.

The sum of the Spurs' stars is close to a wash.

The difference is that their fourth-best player is teetering on the brink, and players 5-12 are utter garbage.

cheguevara
01-25-2007, 12:22 AM

you idiot. watch a fucking game. DUncan is playing great, it's the fucking rest of the team especially our bench + Pop that fuck things up.

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 12:25 AM
well than answer this..... whats the difference between this spurs squad and the 2005 spurs championship squad? are you telling me that devin brown and nazr mohammed are that damn good?

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 12:27 AM
you idiot. watch a fucking game. DUncan is playing great, it's the fucking rest of the team especially our bench + Pop that fuck things up.

oh the same pop that won you guys 3 championships? yah, im sure thats the problem..... did the spurs even know what a championship was before pop arrived?

Marcus Bryant
01-25-2007, 12:28 AM
Devin Brown beat out Brent Barry in the rotation that year before his back was f'ed up.

Extra Stout
01-25-2007, 12:30 AM
well than answer this..... whats the difference between this spurs squad and the 2005 spurs championship squad? are you telling me that devin brown and nazr mohammed are that damn good?
The difference between the 2004-05 Spurs and the current team is that players like Robert Horry and Bruce Bowen still had something left in the tank back then.

Do you remember how Robert Horry won Game 5 against Detroit essentially by himself in the fourth quarter and overtime?

Those days are over.

cheguevara
01-25-2007, 12:30 AM
oh the same pop that won you guys 3 championships? yah, im sure thats the problem..... did the spurs even know what a championship was before pop arrived?

The first time we had Dave + Tim = easy for Pop
the second we just were a great team, deepest in the NBA, + Tim = easy for Pop
the third time, we still had decent bench + Manu was Jordan + Tim = easy for Pop

now we just have Tim, and Pop sucks

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 12:32 AM
nothing is easy...... ask rick adelman when gerald wallace was our 12th man.... never take shit for granted........

Extra Stout
01-25-2007, 12:33 AM
The first time we had Dave + Tim = easy for Pop
the second we just were a great team, deepest in the NBA, + Tim = easy for Pop
the third time, we still had decent bench + Manu was Jordan + Tim = easy for Pop

now we just have Tim, and Pop sucks
You are going to have to sedate yourself heavily the day Pop gets inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame.

ShoogarBear
01-25-2007, 12:33 AM

Eric Williams: effectively already all-but-retiredA bit harsh. I would modify the following:

Barry: occasionally effective but unreliable in the playoffs
Bowen: aging but always limited (he wasn't the problem tonight)
Horry: over the hill and rolling the dice that he's got a big playoff series left in him

But 2008 is going to be :greedy :greedy :greedy!!

Marcus Bryant
01-25-2007, 12:35 AM
A bit harsh. I would modify the following:

Bowen: aging but always limited (he wasn't the problem tonight)
Horry: over the hill and rolling the dice that he's got a big playoff series left in him

Spurs need a better rebounding bigman with a J and then the athletic 3 with a decent scoring touch and some rebounding as well. What Troy Murphy and Jack could do for this team...

ShoogarBear
01-25-2007, 12:38 AM
What Troy Murphy and Jack could do for this team...They would really inflate that 2008 payroll, that's what they would do! :madrun

phyzik
01-25-2007, 12:40 AM
Does anyone else besides me find it Funny that a kings fan is trying to grab at something to try and compare the Spurs to the Kings, most likely to make himself feel better about his "over-used toilet-paper" team?

I will have no problem admiting the Spurs are done when they are done.... Third in the leage? go jack off to Mike Bibby retard.

johnpaulwall21
01-25-2007, 12:40 AM
whats da deal in 08 how much money would we have to spend

Marcus Bryant
01-25-2007, 12:42 AM

Probably about $30 mil after TD leaves. Unless Holt decides to go Marlin style.

Extra Stout
01-25-2007, 12:44 AM
With payroll minimized, upon selling the team in 2008, Peter Holt will have about $280 million to $300 million in profits to spend.

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 12:45 AM
Does anyone else besides me find it Funny that a kings fan is trying to grab at something to try and compare the Spurs to the Kings, most likely to make himself feel better about his "over-used toilet-paper" team?

truth hurts..... and i should use this quote as evidence of your shattered feelings but that ain't me........

my team sucks.... THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS! and if i wanted to make myself feel better i wouldnt compare the kings to the spurs..... next time stick to the topic or dont post.....

THANK YOU COME AGAIN!

phyzik
01-25-2007, 12:47 AM
truth hurts..... and i should use this quote as evidence of your shattered feelings but that ain't me........

my team sucks.... THANK YOU CAPTAIN OBVIOUS! and if i wanted to make myself feel better i wouldnt compare the kings to the spurs..... next time stick to the topic or dont post..... THANK YOU COME AGAIN!

Ummm... CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!!!

Since when does THIRD IN THE FUCKING LEAGE, NOT THE WEST OR EAST, THE FUCKING LEAGE equate to sucking?

please fucking enlighten me because Im in the need for some jokes. I dare someone to say Phoenix is NOT oever-achieving, hell even Dallas at this point...

All it takes is a look back to last seasons Pistons... what happened to their regular season ownage?

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 12:51 AM
mr 3rd in the "leage"..... holla at me when you hit that first round exit so i can remind you who let you know first!

phyzik
01-25-2007, 12:54 AM
mr 3rd in the "leage"..... holla at me when you hit that first round exit so i can remind you who let you know first!

You do that, I'll be here when that huge major fucking "IF" happens. What happens if Dallas and Phoenix get bounced in the first?

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 12:55 AM
You do that, I'll be here when that huge major fucking "IF" happens. What happens if Dallas and Phoenix get bounced in the first?

what happens if your father wore a condom?

phyzik
01-25-2007, 01:06 AM
what happens if your father wore a condom?

Nevermind, your obviously here to start shit (perfect timing after a Spurs loss not to be), no point to further the discussion. Time to let this sorry post drop off the first page.

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 01:13 AM
you killed the thread when you took aim at me instead of what i said..... and i was never here to start shit until you started spouting off

phyzik
01-25-2007, 01:25 AM
you killed the thread when you took aim at me instead of what i said..... and i was never here to start shit until you started spouting off

Honestly, your right, I read pretty much the first line and assumed things... I've been drinking and Im sorry if I got a little heated. I have no problem admitting when I fucked up, and I did... quite badly. :oops

Let me try again...

Duncan is not done by any means... especially after tonights performance. You cannot honestly claim Duncan isnt what he was after his performance tonight... the Loss was from the others on the court.

I dont know if another SF is the answer, I believe its more about complacency with this team at this point... hopefully its just "playing possum" but thats probably just wishful thinking. Sure there are some age problems with Finley, Horry and Bowen and a sorry backup with Beno but I think things can and will turn around.

Everyone historically questions this team before the rodeo road trip, I will wait to see how that goes, and go even further to when the playoffs start, before I start to judge them as a 1 or 2 and done team in the playoffs.

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 01:29 AM
Honestly, your right, I read pretty much the first line and assumed things... I've been drinking and Im sorry if I got a little heated. I have no problem admitting when I fucked up, and I did... quite badly. :oops

Let me try again...

Duncan is not done by any means... especially after tonights performance. You cannot honestly claim Duncan isnt what he was after his performance tonight... the Loss was from the others on the court.

I dont know if another SF is the answer, I believe its more about complacency with this team at this point... hopefully its just "playing possum" but thats probably just wishful thinking. Sure there are some age problems with Finley, Horry and Bowen and a sorry backup with Beno but I think things can and will turn around.

Everyone historically questions this team before the rodeo road trip, I will wait to see how that goes, and go even further to when the playoffs start, before I start to judge them as a 1 or 2 and done team in the playoffs.

its all good fam.... no hard feelings. but i never said duncan was "done". i said he was aging and not what he used to be. to me it shows clearly.... no doubt he came to play tonight though. with a couple more pieces the spurs will be back in it.... until that gets done i dont see them doing to much in the playoffs

phxspurfan
01-25-2007, 01:38 AM
compare us to the kings and you show you know nothing about this team..

what we have done is overcorrected from the .3 year where we had no shooters and no offense at all. now we have all offense/shooters and no defense whatsoever. id take the former in a heartbeat

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 01:41 AM
compare us to the kings and you show you know nothing about this team..

what we have done is overcorrected from the .3 year where we had no shooters and no offense at all. now we have all offense/shooters and no defense whatsoever. id take the former in a heartbeat

did you even read anything at all?

TheSanityAnnex
01-25-2007, 03:10 AM

Barry saved your series against the Kings last year. I hate the man.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-25-2007, 03:21 AM
As much as I hate to agree with Fillmoe he is right. Duncan is not the same player and it is obvious. He can still dominate as he showed tonight, but those games are not as often. He is not the threat that he once was. You can still win a championship with him, but he needs help bad. Oberto and Elson won't cut it.

MmP
01-25-2007, 03:23 AM
Most of Spurs fans are so pissed at his players that they say shit to one humble King's Fan who came with good intentions and willing to have a nice talk.

Calm down people!

Manu_The _Best
01-25-2007, 03:36 AM
Tim Duncan is not the problem with the Spurs.

The problem is that outside of Duncan, Parker, and Ginobili, their team consists of:

Disagree - Barry is still GREAT!!!

Agree
Agree
Agree GET HIM OUT!!!
YES
YES
YES
YES
Agree, too sluggish -LOST his 3-pt shot as well since he got here
Agree - get him OUT as well...

So, the Spurs HAVE NO ROSTER as it appears!!! OLD DONKEYS :donkey :donkey :donkey :donkey :donkey :donkey :donkey :donkey :donkey :donkey :donkey :donkey :donkey