PDA

View Full Version : And so, with the Rodeo Trip looming, the question must be asked . . .

ShoogarBear
01-25-2007, 12:58 AM
http://soundthinking.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/untouchables_1.jpg

You said you wanted another title. Do you really wannaother title? You see what I'm saying is, what are you prepared to do? And then what are you prepared to do? If you open the can on these worms you must be prepared to go all the way because they're not gonna give up the fight until one of you is fishing.

You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull 15 game winning streak, you pull a 16 game winning streak. He gets a player in the offseason, you get a player at the All-Star Break. That's the Association way, and that's how you get O'Brien! Now do you want to do that? Are you ready to do that?

The Lord hates a coward. Do you know what a blood oath is? 'Cause you just took one.

Mr. Body
01-25-2007, 12:59 AM
06-07 was trying to squeak by with old players

07-08 is retooling with some drafted players, some MLE guy

08-09 is complete overhaul

We're just in phase one. The suck doesn't stop here.

timvp
01-25-2007, 01:03 AM
I can't wait until the Rodeo Road Trip. It'll be put up or shut up time for the Spurs.

The Spurs will either wake up and start playing hard or get embarrassed.

:hungry:

SAtown
01-25-2007, 01:04 AM
Hopefully we can get at least 6 out of those games. However, as previous years have shown (after sluggish starts), I think we can get 7 or 8.

ShoogarBear
01-25-2007, 01:07 AM
I can't wait until the Rodeo Road Trip. It'll be put up or shut up time for the Spurs.

:hungry:Yeah, but when will put up or shut up time be for the front office?

Marcus Bryant
01-25-2007, 01:16 AM
Yeah, but when will put up or shut up time be for the front office?

When Holt buys his own Caribbean island, RC snags a GM gig somewhere, and Pop spends his days sniffing corks. Or August 2008, as it were.

Mr. Body
01-25-2007, 01:16 AM
Yeah, but when will put up or shut up time be for the front office?

Pop will continue to claim that, because we were one bad foul from the Finals, there's nothing to worry about... a year later... with a superannuated roster assembled with a Popovichian kiss.

ShoogarBear
01-25-2007, 01:19 AM
Superannuated? Nice.

zero signal
01-25-2007, 01:23 AM
a superannuated roster assembled with a Popovichian kiss. If you don't mind... that's sig worthy. :lol

gameFACE
01-25-2007, 01:24 AM
The Spurs will be the Cisco Kid and the rest of the NBA will be all the puto's.

"We have met with your kind before, senor. You do not frighten us"

Marcus Bryant
01-25-2007, 01:25 AM
The Cisco Kid would have to be pushing 150, no? Apt description.

phxspurfan
01-25-2007, 01:32 AM

thats whats sad here. we can still win but we dont seem to want it enough. next year we probably wont be able to no matter how hard we try

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-25-2007, 01:34 AM

That's what's got me hanging on.

And BTW, I thought the question at the Rodeo Roadtrip was: When's the GTG?

TDMVPDPOY
01-25-2007, 01:55 AM
we are going to win 75% of the games on teh rodeo trip....if we dont, tp and gino rest of bench needs to go

traitoravery
01-25-2007, 01:57 AM
OMG Timmy needs Some Help!!!!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
01-25-2007, 02:04 AM
I just don't get this team. They have the talent to be as good as anyone - we lack for youth and athleticism, but our bigs are fine (I really like Fab and Elson, and Horry is playing well at the moment... except tonight), our Big 3 bring it when we need them to, and although we lack for a backup PG, our guards are also pretty damn good, especially with Barry shooting and hustling the way he has this season.

The problem is not talent but belief. You can tell that this team doesn't yet believe in each other fully, nor their ability as a unit to be an elite team. It's very frustrating, because I know that they could be, and they show it for stretches. However, every game they seem to hit a patch where they forget to pass, forget the rack, jack Js that don't go down, then they tighten up and forget what makes them great - passing, movement, getting to the hole and playing loose.

The upcoming Rodeo Roadtrip is a MINEFIELD - lotsa good teams. If they go 4-4 or 5-3 then they've done well but it won't mean anything, if they go 6-2 or better we might well have seen the moment they've finally gelled and started to believe in themselves, the start of their run for the trophy. If they go 3-5 or worse, they aren't going anywhere this year.

This year it is the TEAM that needs to BELIEVE, not the fans. We need to shut the hell up with the criticism and give them some love. They need to believe in themselves. They have all the tools, do they have the cohesion?

Yup, like most years, the RR is when we will learn what this team is truly made of. We've seen this many times before, even during championship years (2003 particularly), and this is when they sink or swim.

Another horrible loss tonight, and the signs are not great, but, man, I hope they swim.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2007, 02:07 AM
That's what's got me hanging on.

And BTW, I thought the question at the Rodeo Roadtrip was: When's the GTG?

Maybe Sunday.

Manu_The _Best
01-25-2007, 02:45 AM

The Rodeo trip seems to be a HUGE FIASCO if they don't wake up...

Agloco
01-25-2007, 09:38 AM
3 and 5 at best on this trip.......

LA, Utah, and Phoenix first up. We'll be lucky to get one of those. More than likely we will drop the Detroit and Washington games as well. Now that Shaq's back, who knows about the Miami game either.....

This trip has the makings of a complete disaster.

Something's missing right now, and if it isn't found in the next week, this season goes up in a puff of smoke......... :smokin :smokin :smokin

George Gervin's Afro
01-25-2007, 09:41 AM
we'll be lucky to go 4-4 with the way we are playing. I would not be surprised to see us go 2-6 or 3-5..

ploto
01-25-2007, 10:01 AM
People still buy all of this about the RRT but the past 2 years it hasn't been any different than how they were playing before the trip. Last season the Spurs were 34-10 going into the RRT and went 6-2 on it; year before 36-10 and 5-2 on RRT. Neither year was it some magic two weeks that transformed the season.