PDA

View Full Version : several great games tonight

ponky
01-25-2007, 01:09 AM
monta ellis just hit a cluuuuuuutch shot to win over the nets, jazz lost in OT to the grizzlies even after making three straight threes at the end of the game because eddie jones made a shot with less than a second left in the game...in the east, the cavs/76ers game was crazy in double OT and the heat/pacers also went to OT

Xylus
01-25-2007, 02:10 AM
Suns won their 15th straight!

*Dances*

SoCal Lakeshow
01-25-2007, 02:56 AM
I definitely need League Pass fulltime.

ponky
01-25-2007, 03:54 AM
Suns won their 15th straight!

*Dances*

eh, it's your 20th game against an eastern conference team and whaddya know another game without their star player...that's the rockets, wolves and now the knicks in the last two weeks...i think there's one more but i can't remember who, doesn't matter

ponky
01-25-2007, 03:54 AM
I definitely need League Pass fulltime.

i think it's half off right now...on directv there's a free preview of it for three days, you can watch all the games for free during that time

SoCal Lakeshow
01-25-2007, 03:59 AM
i think it's half off right now...on directv there's a free preview of it for three days, you can watch all the games for free during that time
Yeah the free trial is the best. Half price for the rest of the season doesn't sound bad at all.

Xylus
01-25-2007, 04:08 AM
eh, it's your 20th game against an eastern conference team and whaddya know another game without their star player...that's the rockets, wolves and now the knicks in the last two weeks...i think there's one more but i can't remember who, doesn't matter
It matters when you're trying to get the #1 seed. You can downplay it all you want, but the Suns have still won 15 straight.

I'd like to see you contest the fact that they've won 15 straight...should we put an asterisk next to each win that the Suns get against an opponent missing a star player? The basketball gods are shining brightly on us after taking away the brightest part of our future last season and forcing him to undergo an often career-ending surgery. :spin

I know you like to spread your anti-Suns propaganda wherever you go, but please... you don't have to bring it into every goddamn topic.

dieman8686
01-25-2007, 05:09 AM
It matters when you're trying to get the #1 seed. You can downplay it all you want, but the Suns have still won 15 straight.

I'd like to see you contest the fact that they've won 15 straight...should we put an asterisk next to each win that the Suns get against an opponent missing a star player? The basketball gods are shining brightly on us after taking away the brightest part of our future last season and forcing him to undergo an often career-ending surgery. :spin

I know you like to spread your anti-Suns propaganda wherever you go, but please... you don't have to bring it into every goddamn topic.
Hey props, But I'm rooting for my Mavs to get their 10th streak(hopefully :rolleyes ) and be on the run for their 3 rd 12+ winning streak this season. Later you guys could say the same for your 3rd 15+(can't win them all) which is just amazing :downspin: .

ponky
01-25-2007, 06:06 AM

haha, calm down, i can't believe you're so insecure and so predictable, i don't care about the suns until the playoffs, be my guest and go on a 25 win streak for all i care...actually, i started this thread, you're the one who brought your rah rah suns cheerleading in here

AZLouis
01-25-2007, 09:56 AM

While it is true the Suns have played a fair share of teams missing a star or upper caliber player, the Suns won the Pacific while missing Amare for the season, KT for a half season or so, Barbosa for 20 or so games, and James Jones for an extended period of time. Yet that didn't stop them from stomping on the NBA (save for the Mavs and Spurs).

Injuries are no excuse.

Those Rockets w/o Yao Ming just beat the Spurs.

mabber
01-25-2007, 10:11 AM

What I noticed while watching that Sun game was that they had to double & sometimes triple team Eddie Curry cuz they had no one that could handle him inside. That's right, you heard me...Eddie Curry :lol

You just have to attack the basket vs. the Suns (like Mavs did in playoffs last year) and not settle for jump shots. If you get in a jump shooting contest with them you're screwed. The Knicks were doing the right thing in the first half but were too stupid to keep attacking the basket (started settling for jumpers). It's really hard for NBA players to not get caught up in playing the Sun's style. You have to be really well coached and disciplined. You gotta have talent as well or it won't matter vs. the Suns.

AZLouis
01-25-2007, 10:48 AM
Kurt Thomas would've been key in this situation. He's a very solid defender. With him back in the rotation they'll be able to play more one on one defense rather than relying on double teams.

Curry looked really good last night though. He was running the court and on a few occassions out ran the Suns. Curry was also getting great position the whole night. He manhandled Amare/Diaw no doubt about that.

A lot of those jump shots started after the Suns focused their defensive energy on Curry. Guy is averaging 19 ppg and 7 rpb while shooting 58% from the floor this season and could possibly contend for MIP.

G-Money
01-25-2007, 11:27 AM
ha ha Heat still suck.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-25-2007, 11:36 AM
ha ha Heat still suck.

lmao :lol :lol :toast

P-O-Z
01-25-2007, 01:18 PM
ha ha Heat still suck.
yea okay :rolleyes

ponky
01-25-2007, 03:09 PM
While it is true the Suns have played a fair share of teams missing a star or upper caliber player, the Suns won the Pacific while missing Amare for the season, KT for a half season or so, Barbosa for 20 or so games, and James Jones for an extended period of time. Yet that didn't stop them from stomping on the NBA (save for the Mavs and Spurs).

Injuries are no excuse.

Those Rockets w/o Yao Ming just beat the Spurs.

yes, i agree with you...sorry to hear that KT is out for awhile, he's my favorite suns guy (via the knicks!)

ponky
01-25-2007, 03:13 PM
What I noticed while watching that Sun game was that they had to double & sometimes triple team Eddie Curry cuz they had no one that could handle him inside. That's right, you heard me...Eddie Curry :lol

You just have to attack the basket vs. the Suns (like Mavs did in playoffs last year) and not settle for jump shots. If you get in a jump shooting contest with them you're screwed. The Knicks were doing the right thing in the first half but were too stupid to keep attacking the basket (started settling for jumpers). It's really hard for NBA players to not get caught up in playing the Sun's style. You have to be really well coached and disciplined. You gotta have talent as well or it won't matter vs. the Suns.

Yeah, I noticed this too. Eddy Curry is big but very flabby and yet he had his way...when he sat out in the second half, the Suns made their move and quickly jumped up double digits.

RS189
01-25-2007, 03:34 PM
deron williams's 21 assists loses out to pau's triple double