PDA

View Full Version : What about this trade?

Dalamar_the_Dark
01-25-2007, 03:39 AM
Spurs trade Manu to Warriors and Williams to Memphis.

Warriors trade Jason Richardson and Matt Barnes to Memphis and Michael Pietrus to Spurs.

Memphis trade Pau Gasol to Spurs and Dahntey Jones to Golden State.

Why teams might do this trade.

Warriors have log jam at the wing positions and may be willing to give up Richardson who has been struglling with injuries and hasnt had much of an impact this season. Manu would give them a spark and can give them the same slashing and more shooting than JRich.

Gasol wants a trade and Spurs would have the second coming of the twin towers. Spurs get Pietrus who has interested the Spurs before and can be groomed into the future SF with his defence. Pietrus can also play a bit of the 2 spot. Manu is also 29 and his value is higher now than it probably will be in future.

Memphis gets rid of disgruntled star and takes a gamble on JRich who has been constantly improving in every season till this. Matt Barnes can also help some while Williams contract will help free up cap space further to make a free agent run.

I think this trade fills needs for all 3 teams.

johnpaulwall21
01-25-2007, 03:40 AM
:wakeup :wakeup :wakeup

Kori Ellis
01-25-2007, 03:41 AM
Warriors trade Jason Richardson and Matt Barnes to Memphis and Michael Pietrus to Spurs.

I don't think they want to trade all 3 of them.

Who plays SG for the Spurs?

Horry For 3!
01-25-2007, 03:42 AM

Brent Barry or Michael Finley :lmao

Kori Ellis
01-25-2007, 03:43 AM
Also I wouldn't think that Memphis would want the lengthy contract of JRich.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-25-2007, 03:44 AM
Warriors wouldn't do it. What they more than likely will do is trade Jason Richardson for picks/expirings/youngsters etc. Barnes makes no money so he's staying. Pietrus contract is up at the end of the year and they should be able to resign him to a cheap contract.

SsKSpurs21
01-25-2007, 03:45 AM
interesting. i figured this was not possible but it works on realgm (ID 3626462).

id rather try to get KG if i was giving up a player like manu though.

MmP
01-25-2007, 04:01 AM
I think that if SA actually trades Manu (which I don't think it will ever happen) most of the people who wanted to trade him in the first place will see what a especial and one of a kind player lost.

Windbush
01-25-2007, 04:17 AM
I just haven't seen any indication that the Spurs have any desire or inclination to trade the big three.

Mr. Body
01-25-2007, 04:24 AM
Pietrus contract is up at the end of the year and they should be able to resign him to a cheap contract.

There will be some bidding for him, so he'll make some money. Too bad for him it's in a year Nocioni and Gerald Wallace and Luke Walton and others at the position strike the market.

Pietrus will get at least MLE.

Dalamar_the_Dark
01-25-2007, 04:46 AM

Move Finley into the rotation with Barry coming off the bench. Depending on matchups, Pietrus could play some SG with Horry or Bonner (when he recovers) playing SF backing up Bowen.

Dalamar_the_Dark
01-25-2007, 04:49 AM
Replacing a skilled PF with an average SG? :lmao

I believe that Richardson will improve. He's just having a slump cause he was actually carrying injuries from last season. Once he gets past his injuries he is actually a pretty good player with a pretty good skill set.

Gasol wants out so Memphis may be willing to do this.

Of course my trade suggestion can be balanced out with a pick here or a pick there.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2007, 04:51 AM
Move Finley into the rotation with Barry coming off the bench. Depending on matchups, Pietrus could play some SG with Horry or Bonner (when he recovers) playing SF backing up Bowen.

So Finley as the starter?

You realize he's shooting like 35% on the season and doesn't play D, right?

FreshPrince22
01-25-2007, 04:54 AM
So... Manu for Pietrus and Pau Gasol... riiiight.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2007, 04:57 AM
So... Manu for Pietrus and Pau Gasol... riiiight.

Correction: Manu and Eric Williams for Pietrus and Gasol. :lol

Dalamar_the_Dark
01-25-2007, 05:10 AM
So Finley as the starter?

You realize he's shooting like 35% on the season and doesn't play D, right?

Yes I know that he's shooting 35% on the season. Remember Hedo? He was shooting crap that season till Pop benched Manu and put him into the starting 5 and he shot better. I feel that Finley is the sort of player that can produce better if he gets into a rhythm rather than coming off the bench. He needs to get the groove going get the confidence back.

As for D, Finley tries. I mean Hedo didnt play much defence either. If depending on matchups, if its D that we need on that night, put Pietrus into as a SG for D.

WalterBenitez
01-25-2007, 05:15 AM
:donkey

Kori Ellis
01-25-2007, 05:17 AM
Yes I know that he's shooting 35% on the season. Remember Hedo? He was shooting crap that season till Pop benched Manu and put him into the starting 5 and he shot better. I feel that Finley is the sort of player that can produce better if he gets into a rhythm rather than coming off the bench. He needs to get the groove going get the confidence back.

As for D, Finley tries. I mean Hedo didnt play much defence either. If depending on matchups, if its D that we need on that night, put Pietrus into as a SG for D.

Eh, Finley has already started games this season - nine of them. And he shot 38% in those games and like 30% from 3.

He's not starter material anymore.

doldrums
01-25-2007, 07:34 AM
How many more nonsensical trade ideas do we have to put up with? OUR BENCH SUCKS -that is the problem. No backup pg , no backup sf worth anything and we are a little week in the center position. But you don't fix one problem to create another.Alsp Eric williams has no trade value -NONE

TDMVPDPOY
01-25-2007, 08:40 AM
so memphis gets robbed on this trade hahahhahahaa

they could get a better deal from bulls or sumwhere else than what the spurs can offer, even our euro farms have no value atm

dg7md
01-25-2007, 09:12 AM
If that happens I'll be a VERY happy fan. Even if Manu has to go... I think Gasol would be more beneficial to have since finding a quality skilled big man is a lot harder than a wing player (Ginobili).