PDA

View Full Version : When Iranian-back Hezbolloh topples the democratic Lebanese govt

boutons_
01-25-2007, 09:32 AM
.... then Iran's regional hegemony will have another brick in the wall.

Hezbollah installing a radical theocratic terrorist govt in Lebanon will put adjacent Israel at mortal risk, again.

If the US military were not fucked up in Iraq, it would be ready to accept an invitation from the Lebanese govt to help put down this week's Hezbollah revolution.

Just another cost of dubya's fuckup in Iraq. Hezbollah, Hamas, Iran, al-Qaida are emboldened by dubya's fuckup in Iraq.

Saddam's Ghost
01-25-2007, 10:00 AM
I don't look so bad now, huh brahs?

boutons_
01-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Here we have a rare, democratically elected govt in the M/E falling to Hezbollah, and the US can't do shit about it.

Another proof, along with Iraq, that the the neo-cunt dream of the US bringing democracy to the M/E was total, mortally wrong-headed, counter-productive bullshit.

Can royal/non-democractic but ally Jordan be far behind?

Extra Stout
01-25-2007, 12:49 PM
You may have been acting under the impression that the US was the only possible resistance against Iranian hegemony.

But lately Saudi Arabia has stepped up its efforts against Iran. They are interested in protecting the existing regime in Lebanon, even if that helps Israel, because the Saudi princes are not so anti-Zionist that they would be willing to risk their own power.

And Iranian hegemony is a very real threat to their power, so much so that Saudi will ally directly with Israel against Iran if necessary, though obviously they would keep that very quiet.

Perhaps in the past they would have deferred to Washington, or worked closely with Washington on a common plan. But since the U.S. President is an incompetent and impotent fool, whose every effort to further the interest of his own nation, much less that of his Saudi allies, blows up in his face and strengthens his enemies, they have to go their own way, at least for a couple more years.

You see the effects of the Saudi initiative, for example, in sagging oil prices. The Saudis are keeping OPEC from cutting production to stabilize oil prices, because they aim to escalate the domestic economic crisis in Iran, much as was done to the Soviet Union in the 1980's.

01Snake
01-25-2007, 12:55 PM
Croutons, we could deploy our troops to Darfur and you would still have something to bitch about. Please don't think we are stupid enough to believe you would WANT the US in sent into Lebanon to battle Hezbollah. I'm 100% positive you would lamblast the administration for getting involved.

You simply plug in ANY conflict outside of Iraq and then cry that we "could" be there helping IF our hands were not tied in Iraq.

There are two sides to Croutons:

1. A broken record
2. Newsbot

boutons_
01-25-2007, 01:09 PM
The Saudis holding oil prices down to cut financing of Iran (and RU and VZ) is fine with me , but it's a long-term and indirect effort. Months or years, while Lebanon seems to be on the precipice this week.

xrayzebra
01-25-2007, 03:12 PM
.. US military were not fucked up in Iraq, it would be ready to accept an invitation from the Lebanese govt to help put down this week's Hezbollah revolution.

Just another cost of dubya's fuckup in Iraq. Hezbollah, Hamas, Iran, al-Qaida are emboldened by dubya's fuckup in Iraq.

But boutons, Lebanon and Hezbollah have not attacked us.
As neither did Afghanistan. And neither has Iran. What
are you saying? Where are your dimm-o-craptic morals?
You cant have it both ways. Oh, I forgot, you can cause
you are a dimm-o-crap.

xrayzebra
01-25-2007, 03:14 PM
I don't look so bad now, huh brahs?

Yeah, you do look badand did and we are much better off without
you paying off those who killed for Islam.

BradLohaus
01-25-2007, 03:23 PM
Please don't think we are stupid enough to believe you would WANT the US in sent into Lebanon to battle Hezbollah. I'm 100% positive you would lamblast the administration for getting involved.

The last time we had soldiers stationed in Lebanon it didn't end well.

boutons_
01-25-2007, 04:28 PM
I wouldn't want it, but the Repugs have been saying, fucking VOWING, that they will bring democracy to the M/E. Did you really believe them?

I assume that would include defending any M/E democracy, like Lebanon, from terrorist Hezbollah + Iran + Syria.

Looks like the Repug "democracy" project only appplies to countries with oil, which diqualifies Lebanon.

========

Edit: I wouldn't want it, but if the case was presented to me that we needed to defend the elected govt in Lebanon from Hezbollah/Iran/Syria as we see this week, I'd believe in that project a hell of a lot more than I ever believed any of the bullshit reasons for invading Iraq.

In Lebanon, there are definitely terrorists who have attacked Isreal, have blown up the US Marines in Lebanon, and intend to turn Lebanon into a Taleban-like repressive theocracy and harbor/develop terrorists, and destroy Isreal.

boutons_
01-25-2007, 04:34 PM
"in Lebanon it didn't end well."

... just like it's not ending well in Iraq. The US never learns. The M/E is far too complex and dangerous and unready for the US to pacify and democratize, as the British and French learned and warned us decades ago.

Nbadan
01-25-2007, 04:40 PM
... just it's not ending well in Iraq. The US never learns. The M/E is far too complex and dangerous and undready for the US to pacify and democratize, as the British and French learned and warned us decades ago.

Friendly democracies can co-exist in the Middle-East, look at Jordan and Israel, but it will take decades and costs billions of dollars to replace the oil oligarchies. That's what the ME really needs to end terra though - modernization, urbanization, education, and investment.

boutons_
01-25-2007, 05:31 PM
Jordan and Israel" are extremely specical exceptions that prove the rule.

Jordan is extremely tough on dissent, as they know they are living on borrowed time. Jordan will fall the jihadists eventually.

johnsmith
01-25-2007, 06:09 PM

... just like it's not ending well in Iraq. The US never learns. The M/E is far too complex and dangerous and unready for the US to pacify and democratize, as the British and French learned and warned us decades ago.

Edited an hour later after posting............why?

01Snake
01-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Edited an hour later after posting............why?

It appears he is too stupid to check for spelling errors prior to posting. Since he is in a constant fit of rage, he simply types up a bunch of incoherent babble brimming with spelling errors. Then, sometimes hours later, he tries to decipher exactly what he was trying to say and realizes he can't read/follow his own post.

Quite the phenomenon if you ask me.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-25-2007, 08:41 PM
.... then Iran's regional hegemony will have another brick in the wall.

Hezbollah installing a radical theocratic terrorist govt in Lebanon will put adjacent Israel at mortal risk, again.

If the US military were not fucked up in Iraq, it would be ready to accept an invitation from the Lebanese govt to help put down this week's Hezbollah revolution.

You act like the US is the only country capable of helping Lebanon.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-25-2007, 08:41 PM

You're dumb. Honest to God, just fucking dumb.

boutons_
01-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Stallking me, dickless twerp?

why else do you feel the need to make these content-free, ass-holian posts to every one of my posts? fess up, dickless, you're just amazed and respectful of my energy, authority, and unrelenting devastation of everything you support. diclkess and speechless to respond with anything but tongue-tied posts.

BIG IRISH
01-26-2007, 02:44 AM
And Iranian hegemony is a very real threat to their power, so much so that Saudi will ally directly with Israel against Iran if necessary, though obviously they would keep that very quiet.

You see the effects of the Saudi initiative, for example, in sagging oil prices. The Saudis are keeping OPEC from cutting production to stabilize oil prices, because they aim to escalate the domestic economic crisis in Iran, much as was done to the Soviet Union in the 1980's.
:toast :clap

B I N G O

BTW nice avitar.

temujin
01-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Oh, and IraN is four times bigger than IraQ, it has four times the population.
And they keep changing governments every 4/5 years through narrow margins elections.
OK, not as narrow as democratic Florida elections but still.......

That's IraN.
Not IraQ.

They should have pointed to Him the right state, from the very beginning.

temujin
01-26-2007, 06:30 PM
The last time we had soldiers stationed in Lebanon it didn't end well.

Come on, Steve Kerr was born there.

Wouldn't you want another Beirut-born Steve Kerr?

BradLohaus
01-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Come on, Steve Kerr was born there.

Wouldn't you want another Beirut-born Steve Kerr?

Well, maybe for another Steve Kerr.