PDA

View Full Version : Andy Roddick got his AAAAAAAAAAASS kicked!

GrandeDavid
01-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Sorry for not including this in the Australian Open thread, but I think that since Andy embodies the majority of hopes of American men's tennis on a world stage, no disrespect to James Blake, today's nosedive deserves a separate thread. Having said that, once again Andy got his AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASS kicked all over the court by Roger Federer. What a humiliating painful thing to watch. The closest bit of futility I've ever personally seen which compares to Andy's "performance" today was the Spurs' Western Conference Finals assthumping by the Lakers in 2001. You just KNEW neither Roddick nor the Spurs that year had an inkling of a prayer early on.

Sad.

Did anyone watch this match? I watched to games, had that 2001 Lakers-Spurs gut feeling, then went on to working on my computer and half checking the TV from time to time.

NOTHING worked for Andy. I didn't see him hit one damn ace either. He got outclassed, outstrategized, just outgamed. Roger Federer is on another level of existence altogether.

http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/story/6402390

TDMVPDPOY
01-25-2007, 12:16 PM
dude shouldve just gave up after the second set instead of playin on, never seen sumone get so much humiliated, fuck his kooyong win over fed. fed is all about grandslams not minor warmup tourneys....

i hope that chilean gonzalez dude makes the final, he can give fed a run for his money.

MajorMike
01-25-2007, 12:19 PM
Andy looked like a lost school boy.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-25-2007, 12:29 PM
I saw the match Roddick was playing good to start, both were holding serve, and at 4-4 serving he started charging the net. Federer then started taking him apart. Federer broke serve and then held to win the first set. After that it was a clinic by Federer. He thinks 3, 4 shoots in advance and that's how he took apart Roddick charging the net. I don't think I ever saw him lob it over his head. It was pure power shots setting him up for the next shot. And he's a master of the cross-court shot.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-25-2007, 12:36 PM
i hope that chilean gonzalez dude makes the final, he can give fed a run for his money.
He's good and out of everybody he would be the best matchup. He's playing great tennis right now and he has the power to match Federer. I don't think he will win, but he has the best chance out of everybody. It would be a very good final to watch.

degenerate_gambler
01-25-2007, 05:22 PM
Federer's just sick.

lebomb
01-26-2007, 09:31 AM
Federer is the Tiger Woods of Tennis......hell, maybe Tiger is the Federer of golf..... :worthy:

MajorMike
01-26-2007, 10:05 AM
Uh... no.

T-Pain
01-26-2007, 02:10 PM
Roddick well always and forever be owned by Federer and will never hook up with Maria because of it

Spurologist
01-26-2007, 06:37 PM
Nobody EVER in the history of tennis can beat Federer when he has his game ON. Dude lost less than 5 matches in all of last year. He might even win all the Majors this year. He is that good. His shot making ability is the BEST EVER..

Roddick would have been better off not even showing up. Federer is in a league of his own. Every once in a while there will be someone that tries to enter his league, but his game gets even higher when the occasion calls for it. Gonzales will find that out of sunday.