PDA

View Full Version : Pop Show 1/25

SAtown
01-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Pop show is on right now on the Ticket760, and one of the questions that Harris asked Pop was how Tony's performance is being affected by the fact that Pop asked him to shoot less. Pop immediately answered that NO ONE told him to shoot less, even though his FGA have been almost cut in half.

Anyways, I know he's not supposed to show that much emotion, but I hear absolutely no sense of urgency from the head coach. All he keeps saying is that they are following the "same gameplan" as in other years (whatever the hell that means) and that they haven't been doing "it" enough. He says that whatever is said in the locker room stays there.

Que Gee
01-25-2007, 05:52 PM
Pop show is on right now on the Ticket760, and one of the questions that Harris asked Pop was how Tony's performance is being affected by the fact that Pop asked him to shoot less. Pop immediately answered that NO ONE told him to shoot less, even though his FGA have been almost cut in half.

I am glad the truth finally came out. I was laughing when everyone was writing all over the board about how "great" Tony was, and what a "team" player that he was sacrificing to get everyone involved, and as soon as they did, he would go back to getting his 16-18 shots a game. That as usual he was just "doing" what Pop tells him to do. Like Pop also tells him he needs to be a scorer...not.
:lol

T Park
01-25-2007, 05:54 PM
I know he's not supposed to show that much emotion, but I hear absolutely no sense of urgency from the head coach. All he keeps saying is that they are following the "same gameplan" as in other years (whatever the hell that means) and that they haven't been doing "it" enough. He says that whatever is said in the locker room stays there.

wtf do you want him to do scream?

go nuts?

fucking eh.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2007, 05:55 PM

When Tony said it, I didn't sound like Pop had officially told him to stop shooting that much. I thought that he had just told him to try to get other players going that weren't involved.

And just FYI, His FGA haven't been cut in half at all. He averages 14.7 on the season. And the last 3 games, he's averaged 10.

SAtown
01-25-2007, 05:56 PM

When Tony said it, I didn't sound like Pop had officially told him to stop shooting that much.

And just FYI, His FGA haven't been cut in half at all. He averages 14.7 on the season. And the last 3 games, he's averaged 10.

I know, it's just what Don Harris said.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2007, 05:56 PM
I know, it's just what Don Harris said.

Yeah, I realize.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2007, 05:58 PM
I am glad the truth finally came out. I was laughing when everyone was writing all over the board about how "great" Tony was, and what a "team" player that he was sacrificing to get everyone involved, and as soon as they did, he would go back to getting his 16-18 shots a game. That as usual he was just "doing" what Pop tells him to do. Like Pop also tells him he needs to be a scorer...not.

You don't think Pop tells Tony that he needs to be a scorer?

Anyway, people overreacted in that thread in both directions. Including people saying, "I told you Tony shoots too much and is a ball hog .. Pop is even saying it."

Like I said early in that thread, I didn't think it was a big deal. (By the way he only gets 14-15 shots per game - same as Tim.)

timvp
01-25-2007, 06:03 PM
If Pop says that he didn't tell TP to shoot less, that means he did.

:hat

T Park
01-25-2007, 06:06 PM
:lol true.

I wish they would've asked about a trade and then he would've said, "We will not trade anyone on this team, we are happy with this team"

Kori Ellis
01-25-2007, 06:07 PM
I'm trying to find the audio of when Tony said it anyway and see what question he was answering. Maybe they just asked him, "Why didn't you take that many shots tonight?"

And then he said ...

"He wants me to try to do a better job of getting everybody involved and try to take less shots," Parker said. "I try to get more shots for Michael Finley and Brent Barry and to get their confidence going."

He could have only been talking about that particular game.

Streakyshooter08
01-25-2007, 06:08 PM
Have any other interesting topics been discussed?

Bruno
01-25-2007, 06:11 PM
He could have only been talking about that particular game.

In his french radio show, Parker has said that Pop have asked him to do it against philly because they wasn't a big threat. If you want I can do a transcript of this question/answer.

Kori Ellis
01-25-2007, 06:12 PM
In his french radio show, Parker has said that Pop have asked him to do it against philly because they wasn't a big threat. If you want I can do a transcript of this question/answer.

Just when you have time. No rush.

Thanks.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Eh, the TP shooting less/more thing is a moot issue.

What's more concerning is the apparent acceptance of doing what they've been doing the last several years. I guess they enjoy working on their golf games in May more than playing for a title in June these days :pctoss

T Park
01-25-2007, 06:20 PM
What's more concerning is the apparent acceptance of doing what they've been doing the last several years

winning a ring every other year?

Bruno
01-25-2007, 06:24 PM
The show was monday just before the Cletics game :

You have taken only 8 shoots agaisnt Philly, do you have some intructions from Pop about that ?

Yes, absolutely. Pop has said to me that for this game, like Philly wasn't a very strong team, to be focused on putting everybody in the mix and try to give some confidence to Brent Barry and Michael Finley. That's why I've only taken two shots in the first half, I've tried to stay focused on that and like we have a 20 points lead, no need to force things.

ginobili fan
01-25-2007, 06:35 PM
But the problem is that tony said himself on his radio show"the TP show" that Pop said to him to shoot less.
So what is the truht?who is the lier? :lol

Kori Ellis
01-25-2007, 06:37 PM
But the problem is that tony said himself on his radio show"the TP show" that Pop said to him to shoot less.
So what is the truht?who is the lier? :lol

:lol It doesn't look like anyone is the liar. It looks like Tony said it on his radio show about one particular game.

ginobili fan
01-25-2007, 06:39 PM
:lol It doesn't look like anyone is the liar. It looks like Tony said it on his radio show about one particular game.

Yeah in fact,it was just for philly and boston games because these two teams were supposed to suck

ploto
01-25-2007, 08:19 PM
I have gotten a kick out of the fact that people have always taken Tony's word for it.

MannyIsGod
01-25-2007, 08:48 PM
I have gotten a kick out of the fact that people have always taken Tony's word for it.:lol

So now you believe the evil Pop?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-25-2007, 08:55 PM
winning a ring every other year?

Getting older and slower while the competition gets younger and better.

Fucking A TPark. This team could go 0-82 and you'd still suck Pop's dick about it being the best 0-82 record ever.

MannyIsGod
01-25-2007, 08:58 PM
I think I'm burned out on Spurs speculation. I started FAR too early this year. I wish I had my usual nonchalant attitude towards the Spurs until February. I'm going to have to stop discussing this cra

Ladyspur .
01-25-2007, 09:39 PM
Dusty knows the answer.

rascal
01-25-2007, 09:56 PM
I think I'm burned out on Spurs speculation. I started FAR too early this year. I wish I had my usual nonchalant attitude towards the Spurs until February. I'm going to have to stop discussing this cra

But thats no fun.

SilverPlayer
01-25-2007, 10:04 PM

The cut off was intentional??? :lol

I'm with you on that, shouldn't have started caring this early in the season. I guess it was just that last season left such a bad taste in the mouth that this one became a year about revenge.

Hoy
01-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Do you guys hear when Pop said this team is not old? Maybe in 2 years but not now? I want to Pop him like a pimple after hearing that.