PDA

View Full Version : Power Rankings SUCK!!!

dallaskd
01-25-2007, 06:00 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/powerranking

whats dallas's record vs pheonix this year??...2-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 06:02 PM
They only suck because Dallas is behind the Suns. If it was vice versa you wouldn't make this sort of post.

Amarelooms
01-25-2007, 06:02 PM

One win was early on...even being a Mavs fan I must given the Suns their props. Two 15 game winning streaks....that is un-freakin-believable.

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 06:03 PM
One win was early on...even being a Mavs fan I must given the Suns their props. Two 15 game winning streaks....that is un-freakin-believable.

You are not a Mavs fan. You flip flop more than a politician.

dallaskd
01-25-2007, 06:05 PM
amerlooms doesnt know who he likes. all i know is the mavs are 2-0 this season against the suns and we have had 2 twelve game winning streaks. we have the best record in the nba AND Dallas is about to win 9 games in a row tonight.

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 06:07 PM
amerlooms doesnt know who he likes. all i know is the mavs are 2-0 this season against the suns and we have had 2 twelve game winning streaks. we have the best record in the nba AND Dallas is about to win 9 games in a row tonight.

DUCK TALES!

Amarelooms
01-25-2007, 06:09 PM
You are not a Mavs fan. You flip flop more than a politician.

Ok thanks for telling me that....

Amarelooms
01-25-2007, 06:10 PM

What a homer you are...the Suns are an incredible team...even an idiot like yourself can see why they are ranked #1.

dallaskd
01-25-2007, 06:11 PM
they are a good team, but a real fan wouldnt flip flop and bandwagon like u do.

dallaskd
01-25-2007, 06:12 PM
whats wrong with being a homer anyway? better than a bandwagoner.

Amarelooms
01-25-2007, 06:14 PM
they are a good team, but a real fan wouldnt flip flop and bandwagon like u do.

I am a basketball fan before being a fan of any team....gotta love the game partner.

u2sarajevo
01-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Who cares? No one ever won a championship by being at the top of a power rankings list.

mFFL03
01-25-2007, 06:26 PM
they deserve that number 1 spot.....those streaks are impressive...

and remember...the mavs only beat them with a last second shot by Dirk....I don't want to get too pompous over being better

stretch
01-25-2007, 06:36 PM
eh, who cares. all that matters is the playoffs. so far, history shows us that Dallas is going to be the better playoff team. that is all im concerned about. they dont need the publicity anyways. id rather the Suns get it. keeps the doubters alive, and the Mavs under the radar.

dallaskd
01-25-2007, 06:49 PM
they deserve that number 1 spot.....those streaks are impressive...

and remember...the mavs only beat them with a last second shot by Dirk....I don't want to get too pompous over being better

did u watch the first game?

mFFL03
01-25-2007, 07:03 PM
Yea, the suns hadn't gelled yet either. As soon as our team gelled, we got rolling. Remember everyone was injured preseason, no one really played together until, the first game of the season.

The suns needed their time to establish roles as well.

dallaskd
01-25-2007, 07:05 PM
Yea, the suns hadn't gelled yet either. As soon as our team gelled, we got rolling. Remember everyone was injured preseason, no one really played together until, the first game of the season.

BUMP
01-25-2007, 07:17 PM
the Suns streak is overrated. two years ago, when Nash came, they started like 33-4, but then they slowed down and teams found out how to guard them in the playoffs, and they lost, just like they will every year, because they are too weak on D

StylisticS
01-25-2007, 07:27 PM
Will we be seing these type of threads until May. A new thread is started everyday on the Suns/Mavs.

dirk4mvp
01-25-2007, 07:40 PM
wtf does it matter? It's a fucking power ranking.

mavsfan1000
01-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Mavs are better than the suns. The suns have had a much easier schedule. The mavs have been winning despite a tough schedule. Beating bad teams doesn't make you great.

ChumpDumper
01-25-2007, 07:54 PM
even being a Mavs fan:lmao

SirChaz
01-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Beating bad teams doesn't make you great.

You mean like when they beat Chicago? LOL

Power rankings are pretty much meaningless. It is just a opinion of who is playing the best this week.

jmard5
01-25-2007, 10:40 PM

Uhm, I beg to disagree after what happened later today against Chicago. :lol

And who cares about Power Rankings except, perhaps, for bragging rights.

dallaskd
dallas's record vs the suns on the year

2-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dallaskd
Uhm, I beg to disagree after what happened later today against Chicago. :lol

screw you, spurs suck

jmard5
01-25-2007, 10:42 PM
screw you, spurs suck

Touched a nerve there, huh? Even your fellow Dallas fans disagree with you.

It is people like you that give some teams a bad name.

RonMexico
01-25-2007, 10:46 PM
the Suns streak is overrated. two years ago, when Nash came, they started like 33-4, but then they slowed down and teams found out how to guard them in the playoffs, and they lost, just like they will every year, because they are too weak on D

Typical lack of knowledge from Mavs fans... Suns started 30-4, then Nash went down for 5 games and the lost 4 of those. There you go. They soon were 31-8 and everyone realized how important Nash was to the team's success.

You're saying that if Dirk went down, the Mavs would win more than 1 out of 5? Doubtful, and let's say this situation happened, then the Mavs would be at 36-14, while if the Suns kept up their pace, they would be 38-9, with a healthy lead over the Mavs. That's basically what happened when Nash went down 2 years ago and the Spurs moved into first place.

The Mavs proved tonight they don't have the role players to step up when guys like Howard aren't have another career night. The Suns, however, have proven that they can succeed when others aren't scoring like the night Marion had 4 points and the Suns won or when Nash has dished out 20 assists and got only 10 points, or when Diaw has gone off for 30+ on teams before.

cherylsteele
01-25-2007, 10:50 PM
I am a huge Spurs fan and glad to see them at #3.....but I am surprised they are that high on the list. The way people are posting on this board you would think they would be around #15 or so.

IMHO, they should really be around #8 or #9.

Amare_32
01-25-2007, 11:40 PM

Well next Thursday is a big game for the Suns. They play the Spurs at home. Even though the Spurs don't appear to be what they used to be is a good measuring stick for the Suns. Since alot of people on this board make a big deal about the Suns being 0-2 vs Dallas and 0-1 vs Spurs.
________
HASH (http://trichomes.org/hashish/full-melt-hash)
________
WEB SHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

Budkin
01-26-2007, 12:04 AM
It's kinda fun to watch Mavs and Suns fans go at it for a change...

Amare_32
01-26-2007, 12:06 AM
It's kinda fun to watch Mavs and Suns fans go at it for a change...

:lol Enjoy
________
Honda VT series specifications (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_VT_series)
________
Roll A Joint (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

stretch
01-26-2007, 01:39 AM
Typical lack of knowledge from Mavs fans... Suns started 30-4, then Nash went down for 5 games and the lost 4 of those. There you go. They soon were 31-8 and everyone realized how important Nash was to the team's success.

You're saying that if Dirk went down, the Mavs would win more than 1 out of 5? Doubtful, and let's say this situation happened, then the Mavs would be at 36-14, while if the Suns kept up their pace, they would be 38-9, with a healthy lead over the Mavs. That's basically what happened when Nash went down 2 years ago and the Spurs moved into first place.

The Mavs proved tonight they don't have the role players to step up when guys like Howard aren't have another career night. The Suns, however, have proven that they can succeed when others aren't scoring like the night Marion had 4 points and the Suns won or when Nash has dished out 20 assists and got only 10 points, or when Diaw has gone off for 30+ on teams before.
well, Dirk has already been out for one game, and the Mavs won. theres 1 of your wins without Dirk already. another game, he went out in the 1st with injury, and they won that one too. and another game, he only played 10 minutes (i think due to injury as well) and they won easily.

what the Mavs proved, is that all teams have shitty games and lose from time to time. but Dirk, Howard, Terry, Stack, Harris, and George are not ALL going to have a bad game on the same night on a consistent basis, if ever again this season. ESPECIALLY in the playoffs. its one thing for ONE guy to have a poor game. its another for the WHOLE TEAM to have a bad game. use your fucking brain.

RonMexico
01-26-2007, 01:45 AM
ESPECIALLY in the playoffs. its one thing for ONE guy to have a poor game. its another for the WHOLE TEAM to have a bad game. use your fucking brain.

Use your fucking brain. Their track record of 0-8 going back to the Finals and the first four games this season is all that can show me the WHOLE TEAM can have bad games ESPECIALLY in the finals.

You keep wanting the Suns to prove they can play D in the playoffs, well I want the fucking Mavs pussies to prove they aren't choke jobs.

stretch
01-26-2007, 01:52 AM
Use your fucking brain. Their track record of 0-8 going back to the Finals and the first four games this season is all that can show me the WHOLE TEAM can have bad games ESPECIALLY in the finals.

You keep wanting the Suns to prove they can play D in the playoffs, well I want the fucking Mavs pussies to prove they aren't choke jobs.
the fact that you tied 2 sets of games played a whopping 5 or 6 months apart shows your ridiculous reasoning. the mavs played like crap in the finals, but the fact is, in 3 of those losses, they were in position to be able to win those games, but simply were unable to execute. its not like they shot 31% in each of those games. same for the first 4 games this season. they were quite close in 2 of those games, and had a chance to be in a position to win both, but again, were unable to make plays. it happens from time to time. the fact is, this is typically a team that can make plays when needed.

im done on this topic. once again, you manage to be so utterly ignorant, that it makes me ashamed to have even started to debate with a fucking retard like yourself.

RonMexico
01-26-2007, 01:58 AM
the fact that you tied 2 sets of games played a whopping 5 or 6 months apart shows your ridiculous reasoning. the mavs played like crap in the finals, but the fact is, in 3 of those losses, they were in position to be able to win those games, but simply were unable to execute. its not like they shot 31% in each of those games. same for the first 4 games this season. they were quite close in 2 of those games, and had a chance to be in a position to win both, but again, were unable to make plays. it happens from time to time. the fact is, this is typically a team that can make plays when needed.

im done on this topic. once again, you manage to be so utterly ignorant, that it makes me ashamed to have even started to debate with a fucking retard like yourself.

Fuck you, asshole. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Obviously, in those 5 months, the Mavs didn't get over choking the finals because they blew 4 in a row out of the gate. Secondly, the Suns have been in EVERY game this season... they're the only team left in the league without a double-digit loss. That is a better measure of success and consistency than any bullshit you're trying to spew about the Mavs and their "struggles."

The Suns were definitely in games against the Mavs and Spurs early this year, but somehow all Mavs fans say these rankings suck because the Suns are 0-2 in head-to-head matchups. I'm only quoting your partners in crime, faggy.

Secondly, you're putting words in my mouth and making it seem like I think praise from media sources gives us the title. No, I just appreciate that someone who is paid to write about this applauds the Suns. Also, your fans are the ones that pissed their pants and starting bitching the most about the Simmons article, fuckbag. You and your whole fanbase know nothing about the game of basketball.

RonMexico
01-26-2007, 02:05 AM

Here you go, cocksucker - your fans are the ones perpetuating this bullshit.

stretch
01-26-2007, 09:30 AM
Fuck you, asshole. You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Obviously, in those 5 months, the Mavs didn't get over choking the finals because they blew 4 in a row out of the gate. Secondly, the Suns have been in EVERY game this season... they're the only team left in the league without a double-digit loss. That is a better measure of success and consistency than any bullshit you're trying to spew about the Mavs and their "struggles."

The Suns were definitely in games against the Mavs and Spurs early this year, but somehow all Mavs fans say these rankings suck because the Suns are 0-2 in head-to-head matchups. I'm only quoting your partners in crime, faggy.

Secondly, you're putting words in my mouth and making it seem like I think praise from media sources gives us the title. No, I just appreciate that someone who is paid to write about this applauds the Suns. Also, your fans are the ones that pissed their pants and starting bitching the most about the Simmons article, fuckbag. You and your whole fanbase know nothing about the game of basketball.
:rolleyes

whats new... more ignorance and hypocritical speech from the board moron.

RonMexico
01-26-2007, 09:46 AM
:rolleyes

whats new... more ignorance and hypocritical speech from the board moron.

Another brilliant response in the face of logic. Your idea of a "solid argument" is to call someone a name, act aloof, and not provide any evidence to back it up. Probably since you were educated in a Texas public school.

stretch
01-26-2007, 03:23 PM
Another brilliant response in the face of logic. Your idea of a "solid argument" is to call someone a name, act aloof, and not provide any evidence to back it up. Probably since you were educated in a Texas public school.
lol. ok. its obvious you like to pick and choose what you like to read in posts, as opposed to reading the whole post. awesome.

oh, and actually, i went to Plano ISD schools, which are actually among the most advanced school districts not only in Texas, but the U.S.

Bookit
01-26-2007, 05:23 PM

It looks like you are the on with the lack of knowledge. The Suns lost 6 in a row after the 30-4 start and two of those losses were with Nash playing the whole game and another game where he played 11 minutes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/schedule?team=pho&season=2005

RonMexico
01-26-2007, 07:54 PM
It looks like you are the on with the lack of knowledge. The Suns lost 6 in a row after the 30-4 start and two of those losses were with Nash playing the whole game and another game where he played 11 minutes.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/teams/schedule?team=pho&season=2005

Well, I guess it's better than the Mavs fan that said the Suns started 33-4 and then "everyone figured out their gimmick offense."

Still, thanks for the update, I was too lazy to go look up the record again, but the drop-off was even worse than I thought, so you only improved my main point.

Lastly, stretch, I'm not picking and choosing anything, but I'm going to say the regular season matters the most this year because of the race for the number 1 seed in the West. I started thinking about it today, and it's absolutely critical this season because (A) it spares that team a likely second-round matchup with San Antonio and (B) it probably enables that team to avoid a first-round matchup against the Jazz, Lakers, Rockets or Nuggets.

So, jackass, it kind of DOES matter this time around - especially in the Suns case based on your theory that "their starters run out of gas in the postseason."

I don't know what you consider "picking and choosing" when I quoted your entire post.