PDA

View Full Version : Showtime MMA

atxrocker
01-25-2007, 08:36 PM
Debuts 2/10 with Frank Shamrock vs. Gracie. Should be a good one.

mardigan
01-25-2007, 08:38 PM
No shit? SHowtime has mma? Thats great, they will probably put hookers in the middle of the ring and the fighters will have to not try and catch a std while they are fighting. Do you know who else is on the card?

cornbread
01-26-2007, 01:21 AM
Renzo is fucking fearless!!! He's always accepted big challenges. I was up in NYC last month and I stopped by his gym, hoping to catch a glimpse of the man. No luck. It was still inspiring to hang out there for a while and take it all in. I think Frank probably takes the victory though.

This is a great first headliner for Showtime.

LEONARD
01-27-2007, 11:04 AM
ELITE XTREME COMBAT: FEBRUARY 10, 2007 ON SHOWTIME
Southaven, Mississippi (near Memphis, Tennessee)

Main Card Bouts:
-Frank Shamrock vs. Renzo Gracie
-David Loiseau vs. Joey Villasenor
-Antonio Silva vs. Wes "Cabbage" Correira
-Gina Carano vs. Julie Kedzie
-Charles Bennett vs. K.J. Noons

Preliminary Bouts:
-Javier Vazquez vs. Adriano Periera
-Mike Pyle vs. Ross Ebanez
-John Shackelford vs. Edson Berto
-Bo Cantrell vs. Tim Persey
-Riki Fukuda vs. Seth Kleinbeck

No bad for a first show...Frank finally fighting?? 1 fight (21 seconds) in the past 4 yrs basically... :dizzy

The Crow is a solid signing for them. Antonio Silva is a HW to watch. Krazy Horse Bennett is always entertaininig. And Gina Carano is hot

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/articlefiles/233-Gina-Caranopic.jpg

:fro

Mr Dio
01-31-2007, 07:18 PM
Gina is hot.

atxrocker
01-31-2007, 10:47 PM
it's a man, baby

Mr Dio
02-01-2007, 12:04 AM
it's a man, baby

No way dude!
They showed her clit and it was less than 5in long legally making it a non-penis.

atxrocker
02-11-2007, 01:55 PM
that was fucking bullshit. gracie is a bitch, and should be ashamed to take that fake ass win. frank shamrock is ice motherfucking cold. that dude is awesome.

i officially hate charles bennett. for being 18-14 he's overly confident, i was hoping that noons would knock him out, i fucking hate that punk now.

oh-----AND MY APOLOGIES FOR TALKING SHIT ABOUT GINA CARANO- SHE IS PRETTY HOT.

cornbread
02-11-2007, 10:33 PM
I don't think Gracie is a bitch. Have you seen his fight with Saku were his arm was obviously broken and he wanted to keep fighting despite the refs stopping it? Renzo has a history continuing through pain, not quiting. He was dominating the fight with Shamrock and had clearly won both rounds. Shamrock is a pro and should know which techniques are illegal. He has nobody to blaim but himself. I hope there's a rematch.

Bennett's fight was entertaining but he was pretty obnoxious. I guess it doesn't hurt to have "heels" in mma.

The women put on an incredible match. I thought I would have no interest in seeing women throw down in MMA but they put an exciting match. Good stuff.

Has The Crow lost his edge or is Villasenor just that good???

atxrocker
02-11-2007, 10:40 PM
He was dominating the fight with Shamrock and had clearly won both rounds.

:wtf we must have been watching different matches, i thought shamrock was winning, he was more aggressive and more effective in my view. it was clear to me that he would have been the victor had the fight not been stopped.

cornbread
02-11-2007, 10:51 PM
Shamrock could not defend the takedown and spent most of the match in Renzo's sidemount. If the fight continued this way Renzo would have won off points.

LEONARD
02-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Very disappointing ending, but I don't think Gracie was faking anything...

Antonio Silva is a monster...he'll be in one of the Super HW divisions as soon as they start up. A guy that size that's that well rounded is pretty rare. That flying knee was awesome...

The female fight was very entertaining between the bells...

The Crow has lost it...man, talk about a fall from near the top. A year ago he's the top MW contender in the UFC and now he can't do anything...

I don't care for the 15 second clock/rule. Most MMA fans aren't onboard with that...

:wtf we must have been watching different matches, i thought shamrock was winning, he was more aggressive and more effective in my view. it was clear to me that he would have been the victor had the fight not been stopped.

You're in the minority, holmes...

LEONARD
02-12-2007, 10:51 AM
I was hoping to get the full audio of Shamrock's interview afterwards, but they had some technical problems and only got about half of it recorded. I uploaded it anyway if you want to hear it...

http://download.yousendit.com/B15502484E7A38E0

and Phil Baroni's post on the UG Forum regarding his upcoming fight with Frank Shamrock after seeing the Shamrock - Gracie fight...funny...

http://mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?ac=ListMessages&PID=1&TID=986707&FID=1&pc=128

:lol

DarkReign
02-12-2007, 11:14 AM
I don't care for the 15 second clock/rule. Most MMA fans aren't onboard with that...

I watched this event, and I completely agree. That rule sucks ass. I like the more vague interpretation the UFC uses, in that, the fighters have to actively advance their postion or they will be stood up.

Now, with that said, i still think Gracie would have been stood up a couple of times because he wasnt doing anything from side-control, but there were a few times he was manuvering to try and get a limb, but got stood up.

All in all, one of the more disappointing fights I have seen. The rest of the card was alright though. Good entertainment.

Question...

Is XFC kind of like a minor league for Pride/UFC, or is it completely independant?

BTW, I had had about enough of the XFC President being in the ring after every bout conferring with the fighters, just waiting in anticipation for their thanks and praise. Very annoying.

LEONARD
02-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Elite is completely independant of any other org...

LEONARD
02-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Funny photoshop thread for Krazy Horse (posted by Eddie Bravo oddly enough)

http://mma.tv/tuf/index.cfm?ac=ListMessages&PID=1&TID=986581&FID=1&pc=103

hahahahaha...good stuff!!

and Krazy Horse isn't really my style, but I'm glad he won after seeing how much trash Noons talked before the fight...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=p_nDx6-zhkA

atxrocker
02-12-2007, 01:58 PM
I disagree about the 15 second rule, it favors a more faced paced style that is refreshing after some of the snooze fests that the UFC and Pride have produced.I like a good ground and pound with some grappling as much as the next guy, but I don't feel that the same guidelines HAVE to be allowed in each league. If nothing else, it ensures excitement.

AND I WILL SAY AGAIN--- FUCK CHARLES BENNETT. He's just bad for the sport. Classless, obnoxious and a thug in the worse sense of the word. Because of him, its evident that the Elite XC league has quite a ways to go. I just hope they can continue to get the talent to fight for them. But that scumbag belongs in jail, not in the public eye.

LEONARD
02-12-2007, 02:19 PM
The 15 second rule is pointless IMO...

Without it, the ref gives a warning...and if there isn't enough action he'll eventually stand them up. Mostly likely not too far beyond the warning...maybe 5 seconds, or 20 seconds...who knows. It's the ref's call and neither fighter should know exactly how long they have to stall to get stood back up. There's no reason to put a clock on it...

With it, the ref starts a clock when he gives the warning...and it's stood up if there isn't enough action at the end of the 15 seconds. I don't see what this is accomplishing. It just gives the guy on the bottom a "target" to try to hit once that clock is started if he's holding the guy on top of him tight against him (which is smart of course). He should be trying to get out of the spot, not counting down to a stand-up...

I don't have a problem with the way the UFC or Pride does it now. I do like Pride's yellow card system because losing money is a huge motivator for these guys...

LEONARD
02-12-2007, 02:20 PM
that was fucking bullshit. gracie is a bitch, and should be ashamed to take that fake ass win. frank shamrock is ice motherfucking cold. that dude is awesome.

Shamrock is a joke...

Gracie is proven to be a tough SOB. I don't see how anybody can say he was faking...expecially since he was winning the fight easily...

cornbread
02-12-2007, 02:36 PM
AND I WILL SAY AGAIN--- FUCK CHARLES BENNETT. He's just bad for the sport. Classless, obnoxious and a thug in the worse sense of the word. Because of him, its evident that the Elite XC league has quite a ways to go. I just hope they can continue to get the talent to fight for them. But that scumbag belongs in jail, not in the public eye.

It pissed me off that they compared Bennett to Rampage. Not even close in terms of skill or personality.

atxrocker
02-12-2007, 02:50 PM
It pissed me off that they compared Bennett to Rampage. Not even close in terms of skill or personality.

I couldn't agree more.

And Leonards comments I couldn't disagree with more.

LEONARD
02-12-2007, 02:53 PM
He's a douche, and not that good...but his backflips off the cage was one of the better celebrations I've seen...

http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n139/twistereddie/KrazyHorsedefeatsKJNoons-creditTomC.jpg

http://i17.tinypic.com/2qs4bqp.jpg

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s43/ballettudo/horse_at_xgames.jpg

http://www.rapcapital.com/kh.jpg

cornbread
02-12-2007, 07:17 PM
^^^^
:lol :lol :lol :lol

2centsworth
02-12-2007, 08:53 PM
I thought Shamrock was causing some damage with those knees. However, Renzo was controlling the action, but wasn't doing much. I think the fight was a lot closer than what people are saying but with Renzo ahead.

Btw, no freakin way Renzo was faking. Shamrock knows the rules.

I thought Bennett was entertaining and was the best fight of the night. The rest of the fights were sleepers, but didn't get to watch silva.

LEONARD
02-14-2007, 10:01 AM
Gina Carono (and Phil Baroni) are on the Savage Dog show
http://www.sherdog.com/news/radio.asp?id=133