PDA

View Full Version : Suns > Mavs

tlongII
01-25-2007, 10:45 PM
Look at the standings. :nope

nsrammstein
01-25-2007, 10:49 PM
Right and what is the suns record against the mavs this year? yeah thats what I thought.

RonMexico
01-25-2007, 10:57 PM
Right and what is the suns record against the mavs this year? yeah thats what I thought.

Doesn't matter. The league doesn't look at head-to-head matchups if there is a tie for 1st in the regular season. This "2-0" argument is becoming more meaningless with every passing day.

mavsfan1000
01-25-2007, 11:04 PM
Look at the schedule coming up for both teams. The mavs have a much easier schedule coming up than the suns.

RonMexico
01-25-2007, 11:05 PM
Look at the schedule coming up for both teams. The mavs have a much easier schedule coming up than the suns.

Good, that will give us a nice indicator so this "strength of schedule" argument can go out the window, too.

Findog
01-25-2007, 11:12 PM
And if last year taught us anything when it comes to the Mavs, it's that they absolutely need home court advantage to beat a good team in the playoffs. Dallas is a shitty road team.

dallaskd
01-25-2007, 11:14 PM
mavs: 2 wins
suns: ZERO

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 11:20 PM
heat 4 wins

mavs 2

ponky
01-25-2007, 11:28 PM
heat 4 wins

mavs 2

kings 0

all fixed

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 11:31 PM
RINGS

kings 1

mavs 0

dirk4mvp
01-25-2007, 11:33 PM
RINGS

royals 1

mavs 0

were you there when yall won it?

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 11:34 PM
were you there when yall won it?

where you born with the mavs drafted dirk nobitchski?

dirk4mvp
01-25-2007, 11:35 PM
where you born with the mavs drafted dirk nobitchski?

are you the reason american buildings get blown up?

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 11:37 PM
where you born when the 3 js were running shit down in dallas?

dirk4mvp
01-25-2007, 11:39 PM
..............................before

mavs>spurs2
01-26-2007, 12:41 AM
Wow so much jelousy. Spur fans, sun fans, and even the lowly king fans are all getting hard ons over this one single loss.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-26-2007, 12:48 AM
Good, that will give us a nice indicator so this "strength of schedule" argument can go out the window, too.
Be careful what you wish for.

stretch
01-26-2007, 12:52 AM
Doesn't matter. The league doesn't look at head-to-head matchups if there is a tie for 1st in the regular season. This "2-0" argument is becoming more meaningless with every passing day.
as is the regular season record, because when the post-season starts, everyone's record is 0-0. its funny how worked up you get over the regular season.

RonMexico
01-26-2007, 01:25 AM
I'm the one getting worked up? Good lord, Mavs fans are just pots calling the kettle black. I get worked up over hearing "2-0" and "Suns streak don't mean shit" from jealous Mavs fans who have nothing to lean back on because every media outlet keeps praising the Suns endlessly.

stretch
01-26-2007, 01:32 AM
I'm the one getting worked up? Good lord, Mavs fans are just pots calling the kettle black. I get worked up over hearing "2-0" and "Suns streak don't mean shit" from jealous Mavs fans who have nothing to lean back on because every media outlet keeps praising the Suns endlessly.
since when has public praise been something to fall back on? last i checked, public praise doesnt win titles. in fact, public praise doesnt do a thing.

and the truth is, the suns streak doesnt mean shit. Mavs 2, Suns 0 doesnt mean anything. neither did any of the Mavs streaks so far this year. all that matters is the playoffs. get it through your fucking skull.

Shank
01-26-2007, 01:39 AM
1st seed, 5th seed, 8th seed...it doesn't matter. Dallas will still take out Phoenix in a playoff series. PLEASE mention Bill Simmons as your defense against this notion. It's delicious.

And Fillmoe - it's getting late. Shouldn't you be fucking your father in the ass right about now, you sorry piece of shit? I've never seen anyone have less in his bag than you. Seriously. I'd rather have a Spurs fan point out their teams' 3 rings than read your shit tripe written only to stir things up. Be sure to lick his balls when you're finished, too. Show some fucking courtesy, you poser faggot.

RonMexico
01-26-2007, 01:43 AM
From the mouths of fans who made it to their first Finals ever: "use your fucking brain, it's the playoffs that count."

Two days later: "man, did you see Blogfish rip Simmons a new one?? Fuck the Suns homers."

Stretch and Shank are worthless. I don't know why I get yelled at for repeating what every Mavs fan on this board says: "2-0"

In stretch's mind, I must have come up with that phrase to stir the pot.

stretch
01-26-2007, 01:45 AM
From the mouths of fans who made it to their first Finals ever: "use your fucking brain, it's the playoffs that count."

Two days later: "man, did you see Blogfish rip Simmons a new one?? Fuck the Suns homers."

Stretch and Shank are worthless. I don't know why I get yelled at for repeating what every Mavs fan on this board says: "2-0"

In stretch's mind, I must have come up with that phrase to stir the pot.
actually, i didnt say much about that blogfish article, especially that ridiculous misquote. i just simply said that it pointed out how homeristic and ridiculous Simmons' article was, to already annoint the Suns as being on the level of the 96 Bulls, showtime lakers, etc... when the season wasnt even at a HALFWAY point.

oh, and no one yelled at you ever. in fact, its not even possible to yell at someone on an internet forum. wonderful logic you display there, bud.

Shank
01-26-2007, 01:45 AM
Stretch and Shank are worthless.

Go run me off some stats, titty boy.

RonMexico
01-26-2007, 01:59 AM
Well, your fans like to quote Charles Barkely about the Suns and look where that's gotten you - to 2nd place in the West.

Shank
01-26-2007, 02:00 AM
Well, your fans like to quote Charles Barkely about the Suns and look where that's gotten you - to 2nd place in the West.

OH NO! Whatever will the Mavs do now? It's all over!

RonMexico
01-26-2007, 02:04 AM
Probably choke again - since we only base our thoughts on post-season precedence on this board: Mavs will choke and "Suns won't rebound or play defense and all their starters will be worn down from playing too much in the regular season."

JMarkJohns
01-26-2007, 08:30 AM
The Spisak Manifesto reads...

"All that matters in sports is first making the playoffs, then winning your last game."

Know what's funny? Neither the Suns nor Mavs have ever done the latter, so can we all just tuck our wankers carefully back into our pants and end this pissing contest?

It really must be hilarious for Spurs fans who've had the pleasure of their team "winning its last game" three times in the last decade to hear us grouse over whom and how many wins it takes to get to the tootsie-roll center of the tootsie pop.

Ya know what, with regards to the Suns and the Mavs, the world may never know.

The regular season matters only for two things; preparation for the playoffs and for home court. That's it. Considering we're at the halfway point of the regular season, the final and most important reason for the regular season is far from decided, so one game now doesn't mean much.

George Gervin's Afro
01-26-2007, 09:01 AM
Ladies, ladies, ladies.. put you penises back in your pants and let's wait until the playoffs to settle this issue.. whomever is better in January has no bearing on what happens in the playoffs..

stretch
01-26-2007, 09:25 AM
Probably choke again - since we only base our thoughts on post-season precedence on this board: Mavs will choke and "Suns won't rebound or play defense and all their starters will be worn down from playing too much in the regular season."
ah, well in that case, then neither team will win it all. now shut the fuck up.

RonMexico
01-26-2007, 09:28 AM
ah, well in that case, then neither team will win it all. now shut the fuck up.

You first dickhead

stretch
01-26-2007, 09:36 AM
You first dickhead
tsk tsk... why is it that you were all getting worked up over any kind of insult i ever said on this forum earlier? it seemed like every post, you would complain and bitch about my use of insults. and now in every post, you call me an "asshole", "faggy", and now "dickhead". by the way, you are kinda overdoing it. if you wanna insult, the first rule is, dont overdo it. in other words, dont call someone names in every sentence. second, if you are going to insult, do it in an insulting manner. simply calling names and nothing else isnt very insulting. third, dont insult unless you have a reason to insult. dont insult because you are a little baby bitch that cant accept the fact that you doesnt know what the fuck you're talking about.

RonMexico
01-26-2007, 09:45 AM
tsk tsk... why is it that you were all getting worked up over any kind of insult i ever said on this forum earlier? it seemed like every post, you would complain and bitch about my use of insults. and now in every post, you call me an "asshole", "faggy", and now "dickhead". by the way, you are kinda overdoing it. if you wanna insult, the first rule is, dont overdo it. in other words, dont call someone names in every sentence. second, if you are going to insult, do it in an insulting manner. simply calling names and nothing else isnt very insulting. third, dont insult unless you have a reason to insult. dont insult because you are a little baby bitch that cant accept the fact that you doesnt know what the fuck you're talking about.

I'm too lazy to find that quote of yours where you said you hated me and used "fuck" about 30 times among other words. I'm only trying to catch up to the bar you set so high.

u2sarajevo
01-26-2007, 09:46 AM
http://blog.mediacatalyst.com/images/seriousbusiness.jpg

RonMexico
01-26-2007, 09:48 AM
http://blog.mediacatalyst.com/images/seriousbusiness.jpg

That's odd - I imagined stretch a younger man... and with a penis or two in his mouth: one for Dirk and one for Cuban.

Shank
01-26-2007, 10:38 AM
He never skips a beat, does he? Always ready with that next witty zinger.

PhxDog
01-26-2007, 11:50 AM
The Spisak Manifesto reads...

I was just thinking the other day how much you were sounding like Cubby.

Speaking of whom, I imagine he's tearing his hair out right now, just like a few of the overzealous Spurs fans. :pctoss

SoCal Lakeshow
01-26-2007, 01:26 PM
since we only base our thoughts on post-season precedence on this board: Mavs will choke and "Suns won't rebound or play defense and all their starters will be worn down from playing too much in the regular season."
And it means the Lakers will probably win it all again. :clap :clap

SoCal Lakeshow
01-26-2007, 01:28 PM
It really must be hilarious for Spurs fans who've had the pleasure of their team "winning its last game" three times in the last decade to hear us grouse over whom and how many wins it takes to get to the tootsie-roll center of the tootsie pop.
It's even funnier to Laker fans. :spin

Trainwreck2100
01-26-2007, 01:29 PM

Or totally choke against the suns

SoCal Lakeshow
01-26-2007, 01:38 PM
Or totally choke against the suns
I doubt that.

If Suns meet the Lakers in the playoffs. Lakers will advance.

stretch
01-26-2007, 03:13 PM
I'm too lazy to find that quote of yours where you said you hated me and used "fuck" about 30 times among other words. I'm only trying to catch up to the bar you set so high.
actually, i never said i hated you. not once. in fact i like you. you are a funny guy. but i did have a post where i said "fuck" about 30 times though. did you like it?

stretch
01-26-2007, 03:13 PM
:lol

stretch
01-26-2007, 03:14 PM
He never skips a beat, does he? Always ready with that next witty zinger.
he sure doesnt... lol

ponky
01-26-2007, 03:17 PM
That's odd - I imagined stretch a younger man... and with a penis or two in his mouth: one for Dirk and one for Cuban.

dang, where's Nashfan when you need him? i hope you are reading this Nashfan, straight from your fellow Suns fan.

Ron Mexico, I can't believe you were trying to tell me that I was getting *down* to the level of stretch and all the other Mavs fans and then I read this gross post. You are too obsessed with stretch, don't act like it's just him, the two of you are ALWAYS at it. :rolleyes

ponky
01-26-2007, 03:20 PM
I doubt that.

If Suns meet the Lakers in the playoffs. Lakers will advance.

I would LOVE to see that matchup again. Bynum needs to learn how to stay out of foul trouble when he's in the paint. He's young though and Kareem's doing a great job. I wonder if Kareem has worked with Kwame at all. The only guy I don't like is Kwame because he refuses advice, like when MJ was with the Wiz, there were reports that Kwame didn't want any advice from him, WTF?

stretch
01-26-2007, 03:27 PM
dang, where's Nashfan when you need him? i hope you are reading this Nashfan, straight from your fellow Suns fan.

Ron Mexico, I can't believe you were trying to tell me that I was getting *down* to the level of stretch and all the other Mavs fans and then I read this gross post. You are too obsessed with stretch, don't act like it's just him, the two of you are ALWAYS at it. :rolleyes
honestly, im not trying to offend anyone here, and if ive offended you, i apologize. but im just having fun. im not taking any of our arguments the least bit serious. i just think its funny to insult him, because his responses are priceless. obviously thats not the right way to act, but oh well. its an internet forum. people who take these things so seriously have issues. ill wait until the playoffs before i actually have a serious discussion about the Mavs vs Suns, cuz thats when it matters.

stretch
01-26-2007, 03:29 PM
I would LOVE to see that matchup again. Bynum needs to learn how to stay out of foul trouble when he's in the paint. He's young though and Kareem's doing a great job. I wonder if Kareem has worked with Kwame at all. The only guy I don't like is Kwame because he refuses advice, like when MJ was with the Wiz, there were reports that Kwame didn't want any advice from him, WTF?
i agree. that would be another great 7 game series for sure. Bynum will definitely be key in that series. i think his play, along with Luke Walton's will determine the outcome of that series.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Bynum will look like a G against them. And Lamar takes it to Marion. Suns better hope we don't meet in the playoffs. Kwame is what he is. Kareem works with him, but not as much as with Bynum. He's a very good man to man defender. But he has no offense. Not the smartest guy either. He'll probably get traded 'cause next year he's a 9 mil expiring contract. I think the Lakers will also make a trade before the deadline. Hopefully for a veteran PG.

ponky
01-26-2007, 03:31 PM
honestly, im not trying to offend anyone here, and if ive offended you, i apologize. but im just having fun. im not taking any of our arguments the least bit serious. i just think its funny to insult him, because his responses are priceless. obviously thats not the right way to act, but oh well. its an internet forum. people who take these things so seriously have issues. ill wait until the playoffs before i actually have a serious discussion about the Mavs vs Suns, cuz thats when it matters.

I'm not offended in the least, you do whatever you want, it's a silly forum and to be expected. It's just funny because last night RonMexico told me that at least he brought "intelligent" commentary to the board and then I wake up and read this garbage about penises. :lol :lol :lol

stretch
01-26-2007, 03:37 PM
I'm not offended in the least, you do whatever you want, it's a silly forum and to be expected. It's just funny because last night RonMexico told me that at least he brought "intelligent" commentary to the board and then I wake up and read this garbage about penises. :lol :lol :lol
lol. the ignorance of people like him sometimes amazes me...

RonMexico
01-26-2007, 08:07 PM

Do I have to be the first to point out I came up with that response in mere seconds? If that hilarity I quickly presented is not an example of pure intelligence, then I don't know what is.

I won't be so presumptuous to compare myself to them, but there have been plenty of gross-out comic who have been called brilliant. Now, if you want to label me "immature" then by all means, I won't disagree.

Next, I wanted to let stretch know that I've been thinking about this "regular season is worthless" argument and I have a small theory as to why I do think it's important: (A) it spares that team a likely second-round matchup with San Antonio and (B) it probably enables that team to avoid a first-round matchup against the Jazz, Lakers, Rockets or Nuggets. I think it's more important for the Suns because of the amount of minutes their starters log and the common argument from Mavs fans that the "Suns breakdown in the playoffs."

However, if only the 8-seed could be the Grizzlies again... those were the days.

Lastly, I want to let you all in on a little history with Mark Cuban. He once said Ed T. Rush could not run a Dairy Queen when he was complaining about the officiating. Well, Ed Rush lives in Phoenix and his son is one of my good buddies and I met Mr. Rush plenty of times when his son and I would compete in 3-on-3 tournaments around Phoenix (i.e. "Rock the Rim" or "Hoop it Up"). The funniest was his mom's reaction: when Mark made those comments, she immediately called the league office and demanded both a fine and suspension.

Mark, of course, was fined, and then he comically ran a DQ for a day, which I found funny even if the Rush's didn't. However, Mr. Rush is a great man and I think he was one of the best officials in NBA history, so from that day forward, I've always considered Mark and I to be enemies on some level. Now, don't read too much into this story, but I thought it was a funny anectdote and I hope you guys find a little enjoyment in it.

ponky
01-26-2007, 08:20 PM
Do I have to be the first to point out I came up with that response in mere seconds?

Wow, another excuse. So in other words, you're not intelligent enough to come up with something witty in mere seconds so you use crass expletives and sexual references. You have two types of posts. Name-calling one liners and long-winded multi-paragraphed commentaries filled with excuses.

As for your digs on Mark Cuban. Cry me a river, listen to some of the stuff Joey Crawford's said about Cuban's wife and his wealth. You can probably appreciate it seeing as how you define "humor." Wanna know some more about Cuban? Why don't you go read about the documentary and statements that he's made regarding Genarlow Wilson, why don't you praise him for the Fallen Patriot Fund...oh that's right, you're a Suns fan who hates the Mavs (not dissing ALL Suns fans) and your neighbor is some guy he jokingly dissed once so you have blind hatred. Not everyone lives 24/7 basketball so stop acting like Cuban is evil just because he gets hot-headed about basketball at times.

BTW, yes there are plenty of comedians who use sexual references as part of their shtick, I love George Carlin to name one of the dirtiest. If you aspire to compare yourself to such guys, that was a fairly pathetic attempt. You thought you were being funny and it just sounds bitter and angry.

Amarelooms
01-26-2007, 08:23 PM
Both teams are great....slight edge to the Mavs for now. Wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Suns win the West

Dirk Nowitzki
01-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Both teams are great....slight edge to the Mavs for now. Wouldn't be surprised in the least if the Suns win the West
Does Amare loom??

RonMexico
01-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Wow, another excuse. So in other words, you're not intelligent enough to come up with something witty in mere seconds so you use crass expletives and sexual references. You have two types of posts. Name-calling one liners and long-winded multi-paragraphed commentaries filled with excuses.

As for your digs on Mark Cuban. Cry me a river, listen to some of the stuff Joey Crawford's said about Cuban's wife and his wealth. You can probably appreciate it seeing as how you define "humor." Wanna know some more about Cuban? Why don't you go read about the documentary and statements that he's made regarding Genarlow Wilson, why don't you praise him for the Fallen Patriot Fund...oh that's right, you're a Suns fan who hates the Mavs (not dissing ALL Suns fans) and your neighbor is some guy he jokingly dissed once so you have blind hatred. Not everyone lives 24/7 basketball so stop acting like Cuban is evil just because he gets hot-headed about basketball at times.

BTW, yes there are plenty of comedians who use sexual references as part of their shtick, I love George Carlin to name one of the dirtiest. If you aspire to compare yourself to such guys, that was a fairly pathetic attempt. You thought you were being funny and it just sounds bitter and angry.

I forgot... it's your time of the month... you should be cool again in a week.

Your bitching is getting out of control. You need to look up in the dictionary "excuse" because you need to get used to it in law school and properly identifying one is a key component of success.

"Cry me a river" about Mark actually acting like a human being. You try to judge me on anything negative I say about the Mavs (selective reasoning), so why do you use an example of Cuban and I acting alike (getting mad and saying things about basketball - an odd thought, considering this is a basketball forum) to bash me? Again, your non-sequitor's are getting tired and lame. I've also done plenty of good things - maybe you should read my autobiography: "Trying to find sanity in a world where the Mavs make the Finals."

Also, try Midol.

Amarelooms
01-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Does Amare loom??

Good question....Amare might be done looming. He's pretty much arrived. Be afraid...very afraid my friends....

confined
01-26-2007, 10:00 PM
Good question....Amare might be done looming. He's pretty much arrived. Be afraid...very afraid my friends....
ok enough with this!...mavs or suns....pick one!

dirk4mvp
01-26-2007, 11:56 PM
All this back and forth bitching isn't solving anything. Can't we wait till the playoffs for this?

JMarkJohns
01-27-2007, 12:02 AM
All this back and forth bitching isn't solving anything. Can't we wait till the playoffs for this?

If all this bitching is going on now, can you imagine the playoffs? :oops :ihit :dizzy

Crazy days ahead. :bang

mavsfan1000
01-27-2007, 12:16 AM
I don't see how there is any doubt that Dallas is playing better to this point. They have had the tougher schedule and they are playing better defense. If Phoenix gets a 5 game lead on Dallas than I would say Phoenix is better but defense breaks the tie imo.

mavs>spurs2
01-27-2007, 12:55 AM
^ Not only that, but for some reason ignorant sun fans think that the previous two head to head matchups are somehow meaningless. To be the best, you've got to beat the best. Untill Phoenix proves they can beat the mavs, then there is nothing else to be said.

ponky
01-27-2007, 01:01 AM
I forgot... it's your time of the month... you should be cool again in a week.

Your bitching is getting out of control. You need to look up in the dictionary "excuse" because you need to get used to it in law school and properly identifying one is a key component of success.

Also, try Midol.

Nice, real classy. Showing your true colors. Some *men* can't hang which is why you basically called the other guy a homo and played the whole pms card on me. Look around, you're the only one dishing out crap and acting the fool. Don't bother to reply, I'm done responding to such puerile posts from you.

As for the rest of your post, you were rambling so much (probably furiously typing) it's basically incoherent.

ponky
01-27-2007, 01:07 AM
If all this bitching is going on now, can you imagine the playoffs? :oops :ihit :dizzy

Crazy days ahead. :bang

lol, it's not even about which is the better team anymore. they're both playing very well and i respect the suns' season so far, no need to confirm regular season superiority, it means little. it's more about Ron Mexico losing his shit. it was kind of funny but i'm done with this thread for the moment...let's bring it back out during the playoffs

BillsCarnage
01-27-2007, 01:19 AM
I don't see how there is any doubt that Dallas is playing better to this point. They have had the tougher schedule and they are playing better defense. If Phoenix gets a 5 game lead on Dallas than I would say Phoenix is better but defense breaks the tie imo.

You're right, the Mavs are playing better overall and are probably playing their best ball right now. The Suns on the other hand still haven't peaked and are continuing to get better.

Last year the Mavs won the first two reg season games and the Suns won the next two. You should hope that doesn't happen this year as it could give the Suns a two game lead in the loss column as close as these teams are.

RonMexico
01-27-2007, 01:25 AM
Nice, real classy. Showing your true colors. Some *men* can't hang which is why you basically called the other guy a homo and played the whole pms card on me. Look around, you're the only one dishing out crap and acting the fool. Don't bother to reply, I'm done responding to such puerile posts from you.

As for the rest of your post, you were rambling so much (probably furiously typing) it's basically incoherent.

Nice try. I've already retired from listening to half the Mavs fans on this board. The precedent was already set. Hopefully, you're reading a dictionary in the meantime instead of that left-wing POS called the "New York Times."

SoCal Lakeshow
01-27-2007, 01:29 AM
Nice try. I've already retired from listening to half the Mavs fans on this board. The precedent was already set. Hopefully, you're reading a dictionary in the meantime instead of that left-wing POS called the "New York Times."
Ohhh.... Now it makes sense. Your an idiot conservative.

mavsfan1000
01-27-2007, 02:41 AM
The scary thing is the mavs haven't played their best basketball yet. Diop, Harris, and Terry have been underachieving. If they get their act together this could be an unbelievable year for Dallas.

RonMexico
01-27-2007, 02:48 AM

No, I just prefer "news" that is supposed to be objective, rather than laden with coastal bias. Likewise, I think Tom DeLay should pay for what he did. However, ponky's a hypocrite like most of the liberals out there, so I guess I should cut her a little bit of slack. She reminds me of Michael Moore who, shortly after releasing his latest docu-shit, went and bought Halliburton stock.

Dirk Nowitzki
01-27-2007, 02:50 AM
The scary thing is the mavs haven't played their best basketball yet. Diop, Harris, and Terry have been underachieving. If they get their act together this could be an unbelievable year for Dallas.

I wont be sold on any of this until we fucking deal with those fucking demons from last June. They WILL return and we have to be ready for it, and I hope to god that we are but it will remain a mystery until around the 2nd-3rd round.This is going to be such a tougher road to the finals then last year during the time the June Demons return. The pain is still there! :depressed :depressed

ponky
01-27-2007, 03:00 AM
No, I just prefer "news" that is supposed to be objective, rather than laden with coastal bias. Likewise, I think Tom DeLay should pay for what he did. However, ponky's a hypocrite like most of the liberals out there, so I guess I should cut her a little bit of slack. She reminds me of Michael Moore who, shortly after releasing his latest docu-shit, went and bought Halliburton stock.

Wow, way to assume all that nonsense and completely go off the deep end. If you were intelligent as you purport to be then you would've targeted the REAL liberal pieces I noted, El Pais and Le Monde. Anyway, like I said, I also read WSJ and FT which are not generally known for being liberal but whatever, it's clear that you just need to get laid, the frustration is eating away at you.

I know I said I would stop but this tripe coming from you is simply pure hilarious comedy. I am just dying to see what comes out of your head next.

ponky
01-27-2007, 03:02 AM

:lol :lol :lol i had to read that bit again. i thought i had stumbled into the political forum.

lefty
01-27-2007, 03:05 AM
Steve : "Man, people on this forum are obsessed with us"
Dirk: " Welcome to Spurstalk "

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nba/2004/0628/photo/dirk_nash_i.jpg

lefty
01-27-2007, 03:11 AM
Steve : " Hey, look at this picture of us back in the days, when we were teammates"
Dirk : " Yeah, looks pretty gay"
Steve : "Did u say gay?"

http://www.triera.net/upload/sport/kosarka/nowitzki_18_show.jpg

lefty
01-27-2007, 03:13 AM
Dirk : " YES Stevie! you heard it! "
Steve : " Sweet ; let's get drunk and have sex !"

http://www.fiyastarter.com/fs-gfx/fs-dirknash.GIF

lefty
01-27-2007, 03:16 AM
"I missed u so much..."
" Me too..."

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFde/img/11/0,1886,2718347,00.jpg

lefty
01-27-2007, 03:18 AM
"Maaaan...hangover...where am I ? "

http://static.flickr.com/56/144637541_7d913fb41c.jpg

RonMexico
01-27-2007, 03:19 AM
Wow, way to assume all that nonsense and completely go off the deep end. If you were intelligent as you purport to be then you would've targeted the REAL liberal pieces I noted, El Pais and Le Monde. Anyway, like I said, I also read WSJ and FT which are not generally known for being liberal but whatever, it's clear that you just need to get laid, the frustration is eating away at you.

I know I said I would stop but this tripe coming from you is simply pure hilarious comedy. I am just dying to see what comes out of your head next.

I don't acknowledge French writing, so those other two are irrelevant. Thankfully, you're there to keep Austin weird and doing a hell of a job at it.

I read WSJ as well. What you don't realize is that I was attack the NYTimes specifically and not saying everything you read is liberal. WSJ pretty much just tells the facts and that's what I like about it. It also hasn't changed at all in a million years except for the time they added dashes of color to the prints. Unlike the NYTimes, which will employ known plagarists like Jayson Blair to seem "progressive," the WSJ likes writers that tell it straight. Kind of like I wish you would when it comes to Mark Cuban and myself.

In other words, you attack me for getting emotional about basketball and bitching about it on a basketball forum, but you apologize for Mark and tell me to "look at the other great things he's done."

I'm the first to admit that he's a smart guy and I usually read BlogMaverick to see what he thinks about things that aren't b-ball related. I avoid the basketball rants because, like I'm sure you don't like to see me bitching about the Mavs, I don't like to see Cuban's sarcastic posts littered with YouTube links bitching about what Tim Duncan is able to get away with in the playoffs last year.

You have yet to realize it's incongruous for you to call me out for whining, when your fav. team's owner is the poster boy of it. At least the only thing I have to pay for it is to listen to your bitchy, illogical responses; Mark's have cost him $1.7 million in league fines.

ponky
01-27-2007, 03:21 AM
Steve : "Man, people on this forum are obsessed with us"
Dirk: " Welcome to Spurstalk "

http://espn-att.starwave.com/media/nba/2004/0628/photo/dirk_nash_i.jpg

haha, nice. get ready for ron mexico to cry if duncan gets to the line 10 times more than nash

lefty
01-27-2007, 03:24 AM
Tks ; yeah, can't wait for Ronny

ponky
01-27-2007, 03:26 AM
I don't acknowledge French writing, so those other two are irrelevant. Thankfully, you're there to keep Austin weird and doing a hell of a job at it.

I read WSJ as well. What you don't realize is that I was attack the NYTimes specifically and not saying everything you read is liberal. WSJ pretty much just tells the facts and that's what I like about it. It also hasn't changed at all in a million years except for the time they added dashes of color to the prints. Unlike the NYTimes, which will employ known plagarists like Jayson Blair to seem "progressive," the WSJ likes writers that tell it straight. Kind of like I wish you would when it comes to Mark Cuban and myself.

In other words, you attack me for getting emotional about basketball and bitching about it on a basketball forum, but you apologize for Mark and tell me to "look at the other great things he's done."

I'm the first to admit that he's a smart guy and I usually read BlogMaverick to see what he thinks about things that aren't b-ball related. I avoid the basketball rants because, like I'm sure you don't like to see me bitching about the Mavs, I don't like to see Cuban's sarcastic posts littered with YouTube links bitching about what Tim Duncan is able to get away with in the playoffs last year.

You have yet to realize it's incongruous for you to call me out for whining, when your fav. team's owner is the poster boy of it. At least the only thing I have to pay for it is to listen to your bitchy, illogical responses; Mark's have cost him $1.7 million in league fines.

Actually, I don't like hippies or that whole stupid "Keep Austin Weird" slogan.

It doesn't surprise me that you would be *selective* about picking only one of the four newspapers I read and exclude the others. BTW, one of those papers is from Spain, not France, but then you're probably monolingual. As for Cuban, as much as you bitch and moan about the game, you should be the first to realize that he's just a fan with a shitload of money to realize his dream of owning a sports team.

BTW, if it takes a lot of words to say what's on your mind, give it more thought.

lefty
01-27-2007, 03:28 AM
Okay, my little story hasn't calmed anyone down..I have failed :depressed

RonMexico
01-27-2007, 03:29 AM
Actually, I don't like hippies or that whole stupid "Keep Austin Weird" slogan.

It doesn't surprise me that you would be *selective* about picking only one of the four newspapers I read and exclude the others. BTW, one of those papers is from Spain, not France, but then you're probably monolingual. As for Cuban, as much as you bitch and moan about the game, you should be the first to realize that he's just a fan with a shitload of money to realize his dream of owning a sports team.

BTW, if it takes a lot of words to say what's on your mind, give it more thought.

I'm a coke-addicted stock trader. I type by the seat of my pants.

ponky
01-27-2007, 03:29 AM

haha, i'm calm and actually working but my work involves my laptop so i'm ALWAYS online. besides, no one else is posting anything and i like to procrastinate when it comes to doing some work :spin

RonMexico
01-27-2007, 03:30 AM

It was a cute story. Unfortunately, most of them should have included the lines:

Dirk: "Steve, I think I'm gay."
Steve: "It's ok. I can't say I'm surprised, but I'll let you win the WCF this one time, but you better make it count."

Then, Dirk comes back last June to tell Steve he failed and Steve just let the Grey's Anatomy guy call him a "faggot."

lefty
01-27-2007, 03:31 AM
haha, i'm calm and actually working but my work involves my laptop so i'm ALWAYS online. besides, no one else is posting anything and i like to procrastinate when it comes to doing some work :spin

Proscrastinating? I like that :spin

lefty
01-27-2007, 03:33 AM
It was a cute story. Unfortunately, most of them should have included the lines:

Dirk: "Steve, I think I'm gay."
Steve: "It's ok. I can't say I'm surprised, but I'll let you win the WCF this one time, but you better make it count."

Then, Dirk comes back last June to tell Steve he failed and Steve just let the Grey's Anatomy guy call him a "faggot."

Wow, u really hate the Mavs :lol

RonMexico
01-27-2007, 03:34 AM
And Grey's Anatomy and girls that simply HAVE to watch that show every Thursday.

ponky
01-27-2007, 03:34 AM
Proscrastinating? I like that :spin

yup, and this board is always open, so i gravitate here...unfortunately it's populated with the likes of Ron Mexico who likes to talk about penises and menstrual periods...at that point, i much prefer to chat with spurs fans...or even that crazy fillmoe

RonMexico
01-27-2007, 03:36 AM
And my greatest dream isn't really to own an NBA team, but to at least be a GM. I need to go talk to Jerry Colangelo and see if I can use our common Italian background to see if he can throw me a bone before Sarver runs him out of town.

ponky
Wow, u really hate the Mavs :lol

does it show much? it's all the hot desert heat, puts people in a rage

lefty
C'mon guys...at leat our respective teams have something in common : one of them is going to win the title for sure

RonMexico
01-27-2007, 03:39 AM
yup, and this board is always open, so i gravitate here...unfortunately it's populated with the likes of Ron Mexico who likes to talk about penises and menstrual periods...at that point, i much prefer to chat with spurs fans...or even that crazy fillmoe

Will you stop trying to hurt my fragile emotions? You know you need me just as much as I need you. We gravitate to this board to find some humor and also see what our latest "enemies" recently wrote to get riled up a little.

I'm sure, in another arena, we could find common ground and be small friends. However, that dream cannot be realized until the NBA Finals are over, so until then, the war continues.

RonMexico
01-27-2007, 03:40 AM
does it show much? it's all the hot desert heat, puts people in a rage

I live in Houston: it's hippies, Katrina refugees and this terrible weather that has put me in a rage. Oh, and my alcoholism... that's probably a contributing factor.

lefty
01-27-2007, 03:41 AM
Kobe :" where were you last night ? "
Steve : " I was practicing late"
Kobe : " practicing my ass ! "
Steve : " Don't start this!!! "
Kobe : "Am I smelling German beer?... are u seeing Dirk again ???? "
Steve : " You always have to bring that up, don't you?"

http://www.sportsbettingindex.net/images/news/nash_01.bmp

ponky
01-27-2007, 03:41 AM
C'mon guys...at leat our respective teams have something in common : one of them is going to win the title for sure

that has never been the problem, i've acknowledged that the suns are a good team, i just don't like retorts that include penises, menstrual periods and political jabs and for that, ron mexico is pathetic...i'm italian (venetian) too...and latina...i don't give up when someone insists on acting like an idiot

RonMexico
01-27-2007, 03:42 AM
Steve : " We're are it again "
Steve : " You always hae to bring that up, don't you?"

More like:

Kobe: "Who's kid is that over here, Steve?"
Steve: "That's Raja Bell. He's been in the league for 8 years, Kobe."
Kobe: "I don't know this kid."

ponky
01-27-2007, 03:44 AM
Will you stop trying to hurt my fragile emotions? You know you need me just as much as I need you. We gravitate to this board to find some humor and also see what our latest "enemies" recently wrote to get riled up a little.

I'm sure, in another arena, we could find common ground and be small friends. However, that dream cannot be realized until the NBA Finals are over, so until then, the war continues.

hahahaha....no we couldn't, i certainly am a liberal and smart as fuck...but then again, you know i'm mostly kidding cuz after all, it's my favorite thing in the whole world, basketball! (sex excluded of course!)

so RonMexico, i'll truce with you....until our teams meet again...then we're allowed a bit of smack-talking until the playoffs....have a great night, i'm being sincere! :spin :spin :spin

lefty
Ron, stop fucking everything up !!!

ponky
Steve : " Don't start this!!! "
Steve : " You always hae to bring that up, don't you?"

haha, this is the best so far

J.T.
01-27-2007, 03:45 AM
Playing the "you need to get laid" card is always a classy move.

-Brought to you by your favorite 9th grader.

lefty
01-27-2007, 03:46 AM
haha, this is the best so far

Thanks...what??!! do u mean the others sucked ?
Just kidding

RonMexico
01-27-2007, 03:46 AM
that has never been the problem, i've acknowledged that the suns are a good team, i just don't like retorts that include penises, menstrual periods and political jabs and for that, ron mexico is pathetic...i'm italian (venetian) too...and latina...i don't give up when someone insists on acting like an idiot

I only added penises and menstrual cycles today. Everyone can have an off-day (see Mavs vs. Bulls). You need to cut me some slack. It's only when it comes to stretch that I inserted dicks (heh) into my arguments and only when you started targeting me WAYYY too much without looking the mirror that I attacked your gender.

Jeez, I have over 1,000 posts. I have a great enough body of work to see I'm not all dicks and periods on here.

RonMexico
01-27-2007, 03:49 AM
hahahaha....no we couldn't, i certainly am a liberal and smart as fuck...but then again, you know i'm mostly kidding cuz after all, it's my favorite thing in the whole world, basketball! (sex excluded of course!)

so RonMexico, i'll truce with you....until our teams meet again...then we're allowed a bit of smack-talking until the playoffs....have a great night, i'm being sincere! :spin :spin :spin

Alright - I can't go to bed when we're fighting - I just toss and turn all night. You are intelligent, which is probably why we find each other humerous and annoying. I'm a moderate, and there are liberals and conservatives that piss me off - at TAMU, it was the Young Conservatives of Texas who caught my ire for a while.

But I'm not an idiot - I only play one in message boards.

RonMexico
01-27-2007, 03:49 AM
Ron, stop fucking everything up !!!

I totally improved that Nash/Kobe one. Admit it.

lefty
01-27-2007, 03:50 AM
I totally improved that Nash/Kobe one. Admit it.

Ummm....well, it wasn't bad ; but the original version is much better because it follows the storyline ; sorry

RonMexico
01-27-2007, 03:53 AM
Alright, I gotta go to bed and drive to B/CS tomorrow for OU-A&M game. Tune in on ESPN at 1 pm tomorrow.

lefty
01-27-2007, 03:55 AM
Alright, I gotta go to bed and drive to B/CS tomorrow for OU-A&M game. Tune in on ESPN at 1 pm tomorrow.

Will check ESPN
Have a good night

ponky
01-27-2007, 03:56 AM
hey lefty, how come some of the active users are in green and others are in black?

lefty
01-27-2007, 04:00 AM
hey lefty, how come some of the active users are in green and others are in black?

I really don't know....maybe those who have picked "San Antonio Spurs" as their team are in black....not sure tho'

lefty
01-27-2007, 04:00 AM
I really don't know....maybe those who have picked "San Antonio Spurs" as their team are in black....not sure tho'

Ok I'm totally wrong

SoCal Lakeshow
01-27-2007, 04:01 AM
Damn I leave for a bit and everything gets from bad to worse and back to normal again. :lol

And BTW conservatives are dumbasses. :D

ponky
01-27-2007, 04:01 AM
Ok I'm totally wrong

yeah i thought about that too...then i thought it was every other one, nope

lefty
01-27-2007, 04:03 AM
Allright I'm done ; time to :sleep :sleep

Bye everyone

ponky
01-27-2007, 04:03 AM
Damn I leave for a bit and everything gets from bad to worse and back to normal again. :lol

And BTW conservatives are dumbasses. :D

*high five*

i REALLY REALLY try to keep away from the political forums in these sports forums, it shocks me when i find out some of my mavs friends are *gasp!* conservative hicks....innocence lost :lol :lol :lol

RonMexico
01-27-2007, 04:04 AM
Actually, before I go... and this is a very random question, but I consider you all my best of friends here.

My roommate and I are in a debate about the proper way to put silverware in the dishwasher. Now, before you laugh, he's been taught that you put it all facing up (i.e. pointy-end of fork in the air) because the water shoots up and therefore, is more effective in cleaning the utensil. Now, I've always just put the silverware straight down and never thought anything about it. We've tried to "test" each theory (yes, we're dorks), but we still can't come to a conclusion.

Anyone care to add a 3rd opinion?

ponky
01-27-2007, 04:04 AM
Allright I'm done ; time to :sleep :sleep

Bye everyone

night lefty, don't forget to dream about your rodeo trip! :sleep :devil :sleep

lefty
01-27-2007, 04:05 AM
night lefty, don't forget to dream about your rodeo trip! :sleep :devil :sleep

I'm gonna have nightmares ; see ya

ponky
Actually, before I go... and this is a very random question, but I consider you all my best of friends here.

My roommate and I are in a debate about the proper way to put silverware in the dishwasher. Now, before you laugh, he's been taught that you put it all facing up (i.e. pointy-end of fork in the air) because the water shoots up and therefore, is more effective in cleaning the utensil. Now, I've always just put the silverware straight down and never thought anything about it. We've tried to "test" each theory (yes, we're dorks), but we still can't come to a conclusion.

i don't like anything touching the end of the utensil that i eat from, especially little plastic/metal bins that probably don't get detailed before every wash...so with points and tines facing up for me

RonMexico
Oh, and ponky, I'll probably be in Austin sometime this month to hang with my friend at UT Law. Last time, we went to that new bar the Belmont - that place is awesome.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-27-2007, 04:07 AM
*high five*

i REALLY REALLY try to keep away from the political forums in these sports forums, it shocks me when i find out some of my mavs friends are *gasp!* conservative hicks....innocence lost :lol :lol :lol
Yeah I try not to mix them either cause it's nothing but problems. I just couldn't help myself though. :lol Good thing about Cali we're all left wing crazies. :smokin

RonMexico
Yeah I try not to mix them either cause it's nothing but problems. I just couldn't help myself though. :lol Good thing about Cali we're all left wing crazies. :smokin

Damn hippies.

SoCal Lakeshow

Wash them by hand. I don't trust dishwashing machines.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-27-2007, 04:09 AM
Damn hippies.
It's ok you guys always end up copying our laws anyways. :spin

ponky
01-27-2007, 04:09 AM
Oh, and ponky, I'll probably be in Austin sometime this month to hang with my friend at UT Law. Last time, we went to that new bar the Belmont - that place is awesome.

Belmont? i should look it up...i'm still in mourning about having to leave nyc for awhile that i don't like going out here in austin because it's nothing like the craziness that is new york...i do like red fez though

ponky
01-27-2007, 04:10 AM
Wash them by hand. I don't trust dishwashing machines.

actually, this is what i do...i used a dishwasher a couple of times when i lived in an apt. but i prefer hand washing

SoCal Lakeshow
01-27-2007, 04:15 AM
actually, this is what i do...i used a dishwasher a couple of times when i lived in an apt. but i prefer hand washing
Yeah I don't trust them. I'm definately not eating with dishes that may or may not be clean.

RonMexico
01-27-2007, 04:18 AM
Oh, I always pre-wash by hand before I put in the dishwasher to make sure everything gets off. I trust that it gets everything clean as long as you don't overload it.

ponky, I think you would like the Belmot a lot... I don't know this "craziness" you speak of about NYC because I haven't been there, but the Belmont is has one of the coolest atmosphere's of any bar I've seen in Texas. I'll let you know when I'm gonna go if you and your bf want some cool people to hang with.

ponky
01-27-2007, 04:21 AM
Oh, I always pre-wash by hand before I put in the dishwasher to make sure everything gets off. I trust that it gets everything clean as long as you don't overload it.

ponky, I think you would find the Belmont really, really awesome. I'll let you know when I'm gonna go if you and your bf want some cool people to hang with.

cool, let me know, we travel a lot but we night be around. my bf sounds just like you when *defending* his team, but as a mavs fan...i would DIE to see this discussion :downspin: :lol :downspin: :lol :downspin:

RS189
01-27-2007, 07:50 AM
heat 4 wins

mavs 2
:clap

RS189
01-27-2007, 07:52 AM
OH NO! Whatever will the Mavs do now? It's all over!

Its really funny, that statement is sarcasm but when spurs fans say it they really mean it :lmao

BigBinBigD
01-27-2007, 09:01 AM
Wow. Looks like we're seeing the soft side of RonMexico. Dishes? Last thread I looked at, he called someone fuckbag, cocksucker, jackass, faggy, and dickhead all in about three posts.

I may have to get into some of this shit-talk if I'm not gonna be talked to by a 4th-grader. :spin