PDA

View Full Version : Get LUOL DENG for Parker!!!!!!!

telecomguy
01-25-2007, 11:18 PM
I mentioned this in another thread...........that guy Deng would be a perfect addition for Spurs. It wouldn't solve all of our problems but maybe 2 out of 3 (rebounding, athleticism, tough defense, speed, etc.).

Just trade TP and get someone like Luol Deng (was he ever impressive or what against Dallas last night? That guy is everything SPurs need right now....good rebounder, good jump shooter, hustles, good attitude, length, quickness, strength......).

A starting lineup of Deng, Manu, TD, Elson/Oberto, Bowen would be an amazing lockdown defensive team.

It probably will never happen but if Parker is never going to be a proper PG, then get rid of him for someone like Deng who will fill many weaknesses in our team right now. It would instantly create a tougher Spurs that can rebound and run with any fast break teams out there....Deng/Elson/Manu/TD/Bowen or Barry would be an amazing combo, both offensively and defensively.

johnpaulwall21
01-25-2007, 11:21 PM
i wish poopobiotch was looking at these posts. but he aint so we should stop with the parker on the trading block threads

ChumpDumper
01-25-2007, 11:24 PM
:lol at Manu as full time point.

telecomguy
01-25-2007, 11:26 PM
:lol at Manu as full time point.

Apparently couple of posters think that we don't need a real PG so why not Manu or Barry as PG? Supposedly, all Manu has to do is bring the ball up and dump it into TD. Manu (and even Barry) is actually much better at creating/passing than Parker. Why do you think Manu always gets the ball in the crunch time?

T-Pain
01-25-2007, 11:27 PM
if yall wanna trade parker, trade him for a goddamn point guard

THE SIXTH MAN
Ben Gordan and Nocioni for TP, would be a better pipe dream.

ChumpDumper
Apparently couple of posters think that we don't need a real PG so why not Manu or Barry as PGNot what he said.

johnpaulwall21
chris paul would be my dream trade

ChumpDumper
01-25-2007, 11:28 PM
also :lmao @ Chicago trading for another small player.

telecomguy
01-25-2007, 11:30 PM
also :lmao @ Chicago trading for another small player.

yeah i know...that is why it's a pipedream but if somehow Buford pulled that deal off, that would be amazing

ChumpDumper
01-25-2007, 11:32 PM
Your posting something other than anti-Parker tirades would be amazing.

telecomguy
01-25-2007, 11:39 PM
Your posting something other than anti-Parker tirades would be amazing.

I realize that but he frustrates me more than any other Spur (only becuase he has the potential to be much much better).

Here is what we don't have

1) another good rebounder/PF/atheletic type

2) true PG

3) mid-range jump shooter (manu still isn't that good midrange)...we only have 3pt shooters.

the only guy who can possibly fill all 3 role is Kidd (triple double guy). Deng would fill two out of three....and then we would have to hope that Manu and Barry can handle the PG duties, which is a possibility in our system since TD can quarterback the offense a lot along with Manu and Barry.

ChumpDumper
01-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Kidd is an athletic PF?

telecomguy
01-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Kidd is an athletic PF?

he is not a pure PF obviously but he is a very good rebounder who plays physical. Why do you think he gets so many triple doubles and plays such a tough defense? You think he gets 18 mill a year because he is old and slow and can't jump?

too funny

ChumpDumper
01-25-2007, 11:43 PM
Why do you think he gets so many triple doubles and plays such a tough defense?Because he doesn't play PF.

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 11:44 PM
theres no one on your roster that could get you anyone from the bulls let alone luol deng

ChumpDumper
01-25-2007, 11:45 PM
theres no one on your roster that could get you anyone from the bulls let alone luol dengThey wouldn't take Duncan for Deng.

telecomguy
01-25-2007, 11:45 PM
Because he doesn't play PF.

so what? He would fill the need for rebounding and true PG and also even reliable mid-range jumper.

by your logic, we dont need a PG because Parker's position is PG? Well.....unfortunately Parker doesn't play like a PG.

ChumpDumper
01-25-2007, 11:46 PM
so what?So he doesn't fill the PF role.

johnpaulwall21
01-25-2007, 11:47 PM
last year everyone was glad we didnt get kidd now everyone changed their mind about it since kidd has found his ability again.

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 11:47 PM
They wouldn't take Duncan for Deng.

why would they? would make no sense for them

ChumpDumper
01-25-2007, 11:49 PM
why would they? would make no sense for themTrading Chicago Bulls forward Luol Deng for three-time Finals MVP San Antonio Spurs forward Tim Duncan would make no sense for the Chicago Bulls basketball team?

I want to make sure there is no misunderstanding here.

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 11:51 PM
Trading Chicago Bulls forward Luol Deng for San Antonio Spurs forward Tim Duncan would make no sense for the Chicago Bulls basketball team?

I want to make sure there is no misunderstanding here.

neither team would do it... number one the bulls would lose a future star in the making and the spurs would lose their only chance of winning anything withing the next 2 years..... so i stick with my words that it would make no sense for either team

telecomguy
They wouldn't take Duncan for Deng.

You must be out of your mind.

If Bulls got Duncan for Deng, they would instantly become a heavy favorite to win everything....TD would give them the only thing they don't have...post presence.

ChumpDumper
You must be out of your mind. You don't read well. Address your concerns to the white kid.

Guru of Nothing
01-25-2007, 11:52 PM
I'm reminded of all the mid-90 wishes where fans wanted to trade JR Reid/Del Negro/#1 pick for Mitch Richmond.

telecomguy
01-25-2007, 11:53 PM
You don't read well. Address your concerns to the white kid.

you forgot to put ? mark at the end of your sentence which is why i now realize you were being sarcastic.

Fillmoe
01-25-2007, 11:53 PM
You don't read well. Address your concerns to the white kid.

actually you dont grammar well.... use a question mark next time

ChumpDumper
01-25-2007, 11:54 PM
I get all my basketball opinons from Marv Albert.

johnpaulwall21
01-25-2007, 11:54 PM
theres been a lot of wishlists but the fact is we're going to end the trade deadline with the same crew we began with. if we continue to lose, hell will break loose even more than already but if we start winning, everyone will jump back on the bandwaggon.

ChumpDumper
01-25-2007, 11:55 PM
actually you dont grammar well.... use a question mark next timeNah. I did it on purpose. I wanted it to look as stupid as possible.

Mission accomplished.

johnpaulwall21
01-25-2007, 11:55 PM
did he teach u how to bite backs too?

Big P
01-26-2007, 12:03 AM
Deng is out of the question...IMO the best we can do is offer Nocioni the whole MLE next year & hope that he wants to play with Manu & Oberto.

telecomguy
01-26-2007, 12:04 AM
Deng is out of the question...IMO the best we can do is offer Nocioni the whole MLE next year & hope that he wants to play with Manu & Oberto.

Nocioni is also an excellent pickup.........hard nosed, smart player who is clutch and can hit the 3's under pressure, defend well (DIrk?) and get rebounds.

ArgSpursFan
01-26-2007, 10:07 AM
Ben Gordan and Nocioni for TP, would be a better pipe dream.

I wouldnŽt trade parker,but iŽd do Barry+beno+,ScolaŽs rights+1st round pick for gordon.
I like scola but right now we need a guy like gordon better tham a guy like scola

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2007, 10:09 AM
Outside of the draft, the only way the Spurs are going to be able to add any real talent to this team is through taking back a long term contract in a trade. And trading Parker without getting one of the top 10 players in the league would be a bad move.

Mr. Body
01-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Outside of the draft, the only way the Spurs are going to be able to add any real talent to this team is through taking back a long term contract in a trade. And trading Parker without getting one of the top 10 players in the league would be a bad move.

They'll try to use the MLE this summer on one of the SFs on the market, depending on what they draft. I can see them aiming for Nocioni. There might not be a lot of money out there for him, although of course Chicago intends to keep him at the moment.

This is why trades for Carlos Arroyo or Corey Maggette would impact the summer. I don't think this team would take another year of salary for one of these guys (Arroyo's at $4M) and also go after a full-MLE player.

I could just as well see this team hang on to what they have this year.

ALVAREZ6
01-26-2007, 10:44 AM
Nocioni is also an excellent pickup.........hard nosed, smart player who is clutch and can hit the 3's under pressure, defend well (DIrk?) and get rebounds.
I wish the Spurs traded for Nocioni...it ensures a hard-nosed player at the SF spot for 48 minutes a game, and at times you can put Nocioni at PF if you go to small ball becuase Nocioni will still get you the hustle rebounds and play hard D on anyone.