PDA

View Full Version : Charles Barkley said it...........

SANANTOJAMES
01-25-2007, 11:42 PM
Bring Corey Maggette to SA

johnpaulwall21
01-25-2007, 11:45 PM
hes a spur fan but it wont happen, unless pop pulls a trade out of his ass

rayray2k8
01-25-2007, 11:47 PM
But he did say Webber would be a Piston.
All he's doing is lobbying for the spurs to go after Maggette.

milkyway21
01-25-2007, 11:47 PM
Bring Corey Maggette to SAi really like Corey but he wants the starting job. Would that be okay with the Manu fans?

johnpaulwall21
01-25-2007, 11:50 PM
prepare for the onslaught milkyway

SANANTOJAMES
01-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Manu does really good off the bench but corey has to prove himself first

T-Pain
01-26-2007, 12:01 AM
id love maggette to join the spurs, but if he wants a ring, hes gonna have to come off the bench

Please_dont_ban_me
01-26-2007, 12:04 AM
He has to come off the bench...at first.

If he eventually proves he's worthy of starting over Manu, great. Better yet...if he proves he can play some D, we can start him at 3. That would be one sexy lineup.

+ Elson
+ Duncan
+ Maggette
+ Manu
+ Parker

T-Pain
01-26-2007, 12:06 AM
He has to come off the bench...at first.

If he eventually proves he's worthy of starting over Manu, great. Better yet...if he proves he can play some D, we can start him at 3. That would be one sexy lineup.

+ Elson
+ Duncan
+ Maggette
+ Manu
+ Parker
i dont like that lineup, we need Bowen in there to play some ultimate D.

Please_dont_ban_me
01-26-2007, 12:09 AM

That's why I said if Maggette shows he can play some D.

If he can't, there's no point in messing up your chemistry and taking out your defensive stopper. But if over time he shows he can fit into the system, AND he shows he can play some solid D...stick him at the 3. If over time he plays good overall, but just above average D...then let him start at 2 and bring Manu off the bench as a perennial 6th man award winner.

+ Elson
+ Duncan
+ Bowen
+ Maggette
+ Parker

Bench: Manu, Oberto, Finley, Horry etc.

That's not too bad either. Not bad at all. Too bad the Clipps aren't interested anymore (according to Timvp anyways).

milkyway21
01-26-2007, 12:10 AM
prepare for the onslaught milkywaythat's why I'm asking the Manufanatics..... :p:

i know Manu doesn't mind coming from the bench and will both contribute whether as starter or not. But i don't know if what the response from his fans would be... :wakeup

as for me, I'd take Corey if he'll take the bench position. If not, i don't know.
Pops would not guarantee anybody a starting line-up unless you're Tim Duncan.

K-State Spur
01-26-2007, 12:10 AM
Manu does really good off the bench but corey has to prove himself first

not that big a deal, manu has come off the bench for Barry before for goodness sakes. the problem is that still doesn't get the clips any closer to deciding that barry + beno is a good package.

T-Pain
01-26-2007, 12:12 AM
That's why I said if Maggette shows he can play some D.

If he can't, there's no point in messing up your chemistry and taking out your defensive stopper. But if over time he shows he can fit into the system, AND he shows he can play some solid D...stick him at the 3. If over time he plays good overall, but just above average D...then let him start at 2 and bring Manu off the bench as a perennial 6th man award winner.

+ Elson
+ Duncan
+ Bowen
+ Maggette
+ Parker

Bench: Manu, Oberto, Finley, Horry etc.

That's not too bad either. Not bad at all. Too bad the Clipps aren't interested anymore (according to Timvp anyways).
well no one can match the defensive play and capabilities that Bowen has, which is why I say leave Bowen in the lineup. Even though Manu can still play comin off the bench, hes also too valuable. Simply put, if Maggette wants to run with the big dogs, he has to come off the bench.

Please_dont_ban_me
01-26-2007, 12:15 AM
well no one can match the defensive play and capabilities that Bowen has, which is why I say leave Bowen in the lineup. Even though Manu can still play comin off the bench, hes also too valuable. Simply put, if Maggette wants to run with the big dogs, he has to come off the bench.

I'd start Maggette over Manu.

Manu started behind Barry. Maggette is much better than Barry. You're solidifying you're bench (with Manu), as well as adding a potential all-star to your starting lineup (with Maggette).

I don't think the problem is if the Spurs would do this deal. I think the problem is the deal is either no longer on the table, or even if it was it would never be accepted by the Clipps. Justifiably so, who the fuck gives up a Cory Maggette for Brent fricking Barry...and that other guy.

T-Pain
01-26-2007, 12:17 AM
I'd start Maggette over Manu.

Manu started behind Barry. Maggette is much better than Barry. You're solidifying you're bench (with Manu), as well as adding a potential all-star to your starting lineup (with Maggette).

I don't think the problem is if the Spurs would do this deal. I think the problem is the deal is either no longer on the table, or even if it was it would never be accepted by the Clipps. Justifiably so, who the fuck gives up a Cory Maggette for Brent fricking Barry...and that other guy.
yeah, either way, he would be on the damn team. would maggette be interested in comin to SA?

Marcus Bryant
01-26-2007, 12:19 AM
When a NBA player gives up $10 million or whatever guaranteed, then it'll happen.

Winnipeg_Spur
01-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Vince Carter just landed on Maggette's foot... He really would be a perfect fit! :)

ChumpDumper
01-26-2007, 12:33 AM
Maggette is dirty!

Mr. Body
01-26-2007, 12:34 AM
Has to be a sign. Maggette shouting out to future teammate Bruce Bowen.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-26-2007, 12:45 AM
The rumor is a trade based on Livingston/Maggette for Williams/Carter.

Tom_Foolery
01-26-2007, 12:46 AM

Exactly! Without Bowen's "ultimate d", we would never have been able to hold Tracy McGrady to 37 points.

T-Pain
01-26-2007, 12:47 AM
well bowen cant help it if fuckin tmac still gets the ball in the bucket even with a hand in his face

johnpaulwall21
01-26-2007, 12:55 AM
yeah bowen is good at team defense, if hes one on one with kobe bean or lebron or tmac or anthony he gets his ass lit up.

johnpaulwall21
01-26-2007, 12:56 AM
but hes our best defensive piece so...... go!!!! Bowen!!!!!!!

rayray2k8
01-26-2007, 01:18 AM
Make it happen baby!! :clap

johnpaulwall21
01-26-2007, 01:20 AM
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We can do it!!!!!!!!!! We can do it all night longgggggg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

TDMVPDPOY
01-26-2007, 02:16 AM
apparently pop doesnt understand ESL engrish

ChumpDumper
01-26-2007, 02:17 AM
What makes anyone think the Clippers want to trade Maggette to us now?

mountainballer
01-26-2007, 07:11 AM
Spurs try to get Maggette and peoples major concern seems to be the question, who would start? :bang

I thought the major question for any Spurs fan is, if Spurs win or not.
if we can somehow add Maggette, it is a no brainer in the current situation IMO.
if this means it is best to bring Manu of the bench, it is OK. if it is best to bench Bruce. also ok. either Manu, Bruce and Cory would see some 30 minutes per game anyhow. and the clutch line up would see Manu and Cory on the court and Bruce on the bench. so, what is the big deal about the "who starts" question?

btw. of course Bruce still is a great defender. but obviously he has no longer the ability to slow the premium perimeter players like Kobe and t-mac, as he did two years ago. it is just what happens, when a player is 35. and Bruce somehow managed to not only slow his opponents, but also to slow his own aging for some years. but right now, we better face the awful truth, that Spurs sometimes need another game plan, when facing teams with dominating perimeter players.

ArgSpursFan
01-26-2007, 07:26 AM
i really like Corey but he wants the starting job. Would that be okay with the Manu fans?

ManuŽs fan and Even Manu himself wouldnŽt care.He is all about winning type of guy,and heŽs done it before.+HeŽll be in the floor at clutch time anyways.

ploto
01-26-2007, 08:24 AM
When a NBA player gives up $10 million or whatever guaranteed, then it'll happen.
Someone else gave up that much to be a Spur.

GrandeDavid
01-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Ain't happening nimrods!!

A fan of the sickliest, most feeble NBA franchise disgracing entirely the country's largest media market chimes in again. :blah

George Gervin's Afro
01-26-2007, 08:53 AM
If we were somehow able to get CM then I would bring Manu off the bench.. Manu is a team guy and will do whatever it takes to win.