View Full Version : coachella

atxrocker
01-26-2007, 01:09 AM
holy shit, what a fucking sick line up this year. check it out

http://www.coachella.com/

Mr Dio
01-26-2007, 02:00 AM
You should've seen last yr's as well.

I just hope this yr's KROQ Inland Empire Invasion is as good as 2 or 3 yrs ago.
Even though Morrissey FLAKED!!!!!

Shelly
01-26-2007, 10:48 AM
My husband has been gone to Coachella the past 3 years. I think this year he's not going because of the line up.

katyon6th
01-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Damn. That lineup is stacked.

Mr Dio
01-26-2007, 11:31 AM

I was at the Palace thinking the same exact thing.

TheSanityAnnex
01-26-2007, 12:12 PM
Seeing Rage Against the Machine back together makes the overpriced tickets worth it.

01-26-2007, 12:45 PM

I was at the Palace thinking the same exact thing.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4475/drumrolllp5.jpg

Fixed it.

Mixability
01-26-2007, 02:24 PM
RATM??!?!?!??!??! what the fuck!?!?

SAtown
01-26-2007, 03:35 PM
I'm a huge Rage fan, and was supposed to see them on my birthday in 2000. Unfortunately, that douche from Beastie Boys broke his leg or something riding a bike so they postponed it, and then Rage broke up. I'm driving from San Antonio to watch Rage.

mardigan
01-26-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm a huge Rage fan, and was supposed to see them on my birthday in 2000. Unfortunately, that douche from Beastie Boys broke his leg or something riding a bike so they postponed it, and then Rage broke up. I'm driving from San Antonio to watch Rage.
They still played that show, just without the Beasties. Yall dont f with me, Rage is like my favorite band ever, this is Rage WITH Zack? Bjork, Ghostface, DJ Shadow, Decemberists, Peeping Tom, Gogol Bordello, Manu Chao, Pharoah Monch, Ozmatli, kick ass

mardigan
01-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Sanity, who the f is that chicka in your sig?

SAtown
01-26-2007, 04:06 PM
They still played that show, just without the Beasties. Yall dont f with me, Rage is like my favorite band ever, this is Rage WITH Zack? Bjork, Ghostface, DJ Shadow, Decemberists, Peeping Tom, Gogol Bordello, Manu Chao, Pharoah Monch, Ozmatli, kick ass

They actually didn't play it. Ultimately, they had to give out refunds for the tix. It was the Rhyme and Reason in the Alamodome, September 5th. They broke up October 19. I think Beastie Boys still played, but not Rage.

And yes, this is Rage with Zach. I went on youtube and checked out some of their Coachella stuff from years ago, and it looks like it rocks.

mardigan
01-26-2007, 04:12 PM
I was thinking of the show with Wu Tang, where Wu didnt play and I think it was the Roots that filled in. Rage played at the first Coachella, best live show ever, I wonder if a album will soon be after that. Zack has a bad ass song up right now with DJ Shadow you should check out

SAtown
01-26-2007, 04:28 PM
I was thinking of the show with Wu Tang, where Wu didnt play and I think it was the Roots that filled in. Rage played at the first Coachella, best live show ever, I wonder if a album will soon be after that. Zack has a bad ass song up right now with DJ Shadow you should check out

Dude, what is it called? I've been trying to find that Zach solo stuff for years but haven't been able to. Thanks in advance.

I heard that show with the Roots was the shit. I believe it was called the "North American Tour" or something like that. Right after the release of Evil Empire.

mardigan
01-26-2007, 04:30 PM
That show was the shit, go to March of Death .com and you can download the song, its the shit

PakiDan
01-26-2007, 04:32 PM
You should've seen last yr's as well.

I just hope this yr's KROQ Inland Empire Invasion is as good as 2 or 3 yrs ago.
Even though Morrissey FLAKED!!!!!

Wow - I am definately making reservations.... It sucked to get all the way to the venue to find out Morrissey flaked... did you see he is playing in LA on Feb. 1-3?

SAtown
01-26-2007, 04:42 PM
That show was the shit, go to March of Death .com and you can download the song, its the shit

Really cool song and lyrics. It just needs a little more melody and rythm. Maybe some Morello and Timmy C would to the trick. I'm so fucking pumped about RATM it's making me shake.

mardigan
01-26-2007, 04:46 PM
They put on the best liveshow I have ever seen

SAtown
01-26-2007, 04:50 PM
No kidding. I've never been to a show, but since the news I've been watching all of the dvds non stop. When they broke up, I was actually a little miserable in terms of music. I started listening to instrumental stuff like Mogwai and Album Leaf, which is amazing stuff. I haven't "jammed out" in so long, and I can't believe I still know every single lyric of all the songs on the first two albums.

mardigan
01-26-2007, 04:51 PM
New Mogwai is the shit, new Sigur Ros is one of the best cds Ive ever heard, nothing wrong with going mellow for awhile