PDA

View Full Version : Get a Clue - Thanks

Kori Ellis
01-26-2007, 12:34 PM
Stop starting threads trading Manu and Tony for every random person in the league.

If you have a reasonable trade idea, post it in this thread called Reasonable trade ideas (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58188).

Stop starting threads about stuff that's already in other threads just because you want to draw attention to yourself. This is equivalent to talking louder and louder to make someone listen to you. Talking louder doesn't work. Talking intelligent does.

Stop arguing with other posters by calling names and posting nonsense. If you want to argue - argue about basketball. There are some great basketball minds here and I surely don't want everyone to agree. I love you guys to argue, but argue BASKETBALL. If you want to just talk smack and nonsense, take it to the Troll Forum (http://spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21).

Have some substance. Repeating your same song and dance, whether it's hating Parker, bashing Pop, trading Manu or whatever, is ineffective. We heard you the first 100 times.

I let you all have a lot of leeway and freedom. And while most of you remain respectful and talk basketball in the Spurs forum, some of you have just completely lost it and need to get a clue.

If you have a question about how something was handled here - be it a moved or merged thread, or just about anything else - I'm very accessible. PM me on the board. Email me at [email protected]. IM me on Yahoo at koriellis21.

I hate moderating the board. I hate that some people force me to moderate the board. So please, I beg of you, get a clue.

Thanks.

--Kori

VaSpursFan
01-26-2007, 12:38 PM
you're doing a great job, kori. it's truly appreciated!

duncan228
01-26-2007, 12:57 PM
Kori- I am a lurker more than a poster, I've been lurking for years. I come here because of how intelligent this forum usually is. I love reading opinions that differ from mine on the team that means the world to me. You do an amazing job keeping your cool when the board gets out of line. You do let it get much furthur than most people would have the patience for. I applaud your continued success in keeping SpursTalk the only forum on the net to get quality basketball discussions.
P.S. I also appreciate that you did not "sell out" when you had the offer some time ago. I don't think SpursTalk could be what it is without you and your husband in complete control.
Oh...and I wish you the best in your wish for yourself this year. Babies are the greatest gift you can get!

Kori Ellis
01-26-2007, 01:02 PM
Thanks. I didn't make this thread to get kudos, but your thoughts are sincerely appreciated.

The Great Fantastic
01-26-2007, 02:18 PM
I'll stop making stupid threads. I didn't come here to be a troll. I'm a product of all the other ridiculous posters. I really do enjoy reading the takes by some users on the board. Just too many doomsday reactionaries are thrown in. I love the spurs. I feel lucky to be alive at a time when a professional sports team from my hometown was at one time considered a possible dynasty. That's crazy. San Antonio has come a long way. It's sad to see some of us becoming what we hate. We're not Los Angeles. I agree completely that no fan should sit back and watch a team be stifled because of an owner. But, I still feel lucky to be a fan of a great team with great heart.

There are ups and downs in every aspect of life. We've won three championships and had our hearts broken more often then not. It's a game. It's a fucking great game. I love watching great basketball. If we get to see a series like last years 2nd round exit, then we should all feel privileged, even if we are on the losing end. I'll step down from my pedestal and go back to stupid ass posts that are dripping with sarcasm.

Kori, you have done a great job. Everyone knows you didn't write this to get kudos. And that's why they deserve to be given. If I still lived in San Antonio I would love to go to a gtg. There are a lot of great posters on this board. You are all appreciated. And to everyone else, is there a way we can trade an entire team? That would shake things up!

T-Pain
01-26-2007, 02:40 PM
hey Kori, i dont know if you saw my question to you in the NBA forum, but theres been an argument about the Barkley-Bavetta footrace and people puttin money on it, I was wondering if you were gonna put a vBookie on it?

Kori Ellis
01-26-2007, 02:40 PM
hey Kori, i dont know if you saw my question to you in the NBA forum, but theres been an argument about the Barkley-Bavetta footrace and people puttin money on it, I was wondering if you were gonna put a vBookie on it?

I'll check out the thread. Thanks.

duncanchick21
01-26-2007, 05:24 PM
:clap :blah thank you for your words kori!!! GO SPURS GO!!! I STILL BELIEVE!!!

SequSpur
01-26-2007, 06:11 PM
Thanks Kori. If you all have something to say I can be reached on the corner of military and zarzamora.

biba
01-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Yes, something is going wrong here ... bashing, scapegoating ...

As if the Spurs losing more - with a team obviously a step behind two others in the League - reveals frustration and immaturity from some forums members.

I am a lurker too. Cos' I have not much to bring to the table. But more and more, I only read contributions of a few posters who obviously know and love the game, and the Spurs.
I jump others posters' so-called (and so predictable) contributions.
Who wins ?

And I suspect some new members to be well known members writing under a different name for specific purposes. That's not fair.
Those who run this forum deserve much more than that.

It's when a team is in trouble that you see its heart.
I suspect Spurs will regroup. I hope SpursTalk will too.

Cherry
01-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Thanks Kori

Solid D
01-26-2007, 09:17 PM
Kori is a great basketball analyst AND a good mom! :)

SPURS vs NBA media
01-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Thanks Kori. If you all have something to say I can be reached on the corner of military and zarzamora.

the message is toward you LOSER

Pugglekicker_21
01-26-2007, 09:46 PM
what is a lurker?

SequSpur
01-26-2007, 09:56 PM
the message is toward you LOSER

You know where to find me.

Fillmoe
01-26-2007, 09:57 PM
http://cache.boston.com/images/bostondirtdogs//Headline_Archives/Clue-Game.jpg

RC's Boss
01-26-2007, 10:21 PM
I'll check out the thread. Thanks.
And PLEASE tell everyone to stop going crazy every time they lose! You know, Holt to relinquish ownership, fire Pop and R.C.... That kind of crap. Cheers to you :toast

mookie2001
01-26-2007, 11:10 PM
had Kori not flexed her muthle in a while?

IceColdBrewski
01-27-2007, 12:36 PM
I've got a big clue and it's pointing in this direction over here...

Does it point straight up every morning like mine does?

1Parker1
01-27-2007, 02:47 PM

:lol

JPB
01-27-2007, 03:03 PM
Stop starting threads trading Manu and Tony for every random person in the league.

If you have a reasonable trade idea, post it in this thread called Reasonable trade ideas (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58188).

Stop starting threads about stuff that's already in other threads just because you want to draw attention to yourself. This is equivalent to talking louder and louder to make someone listen to you. Talking louder doesn't work. Talking intelligent does.

Stop arguing with other posters by calling names and posting nonsense. If you want to argue - argue about basketball. There are some great basketball minds here and I surely don't want everyone to agree. I love you guys to argue, but argue BASKETBALL. If you want to just talk smack and nonsense, take it to the Troll Forum (http://spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21).

Have some substance. Repeating your same song and dance, whether it's hating Parker, bashing Pop, trading Manu or whatever, is ineffective. We heard you the first 100 times.

I let you all have a lot of leeway and freedom. And while most of you remain respectful and talk basketball in the Spurs forum, some of you have just completely lost it and need to get a clue.

If you have a question about how something was handled here - be it a moved or merged thread, or just about anything else - I'm very accessible. PM me on the board. Email me at [email protected]. IM me on Yahoo at koriellis21.

I hate moderating the board. I hate that some people force me to moderate the board. So please, I beg of you, get a clue.

Thanks.

--Kori

JPB
01-27-2007, 03:04 PM

Thanks.

--Kori

Post of the month/year.

wildbill2u
01-27-2007, 07:53 PM

Stop starting threads about stuff that's already in other threads just because you want to draw attention to yourself. This is equivalent to talking louder and louder to make someone listen to you. Talking louder doesn't work. Talking intelligent does....

Thanks.

--Kori
Kori, it's obvious that while a lot of people looked at this thread, there are some who either can't find the clue or ignore it.

The Reasonable Trade thread is now buried on another page because of all the newer dumb ones including some more today. (Buford, Simmons and 3 D for Fin-Arry)

Please moderate this site. I know you like to give freedom but some folks will just continue to abuse it until they are pulled up short.

Kori Ellis
01-28-2007, 02:27 AM
Kori, it's obvious that while a lot of people looked at this thread, there are some who either can't find the clue or ignore it.

The Reasonable Trade thread is now buried on another page because of all the newer dumb ones including some more today. (Buford, Simmons and 3 D for Fin-Arry)

Please moderate this site. I know you like to give freedom but some folks will just continue to abuse it until they are pulled up short.

Sometimes I'm not online all day (like today) to moderate. But the threads get cleaned up every night.

The Buford thread was locked by me early in the day. The Diaw thread is gone. The Simmons thread isn't that bad.