PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, I got'cher two Americas...

Yonivore
01-26-2007, 02:07 PM
...right here, buddy!

Edwards Home County's Largest (http://www.carolinajournal.com/)

(It's also the most expensive.)

I wonder how much he contributes to charity. Or, is that government's job?

Oh, Gee!!
01-26-2007, 02:17 PM
He must contribute some amount yearly to charity.

Yonivore
01-26-2007, 02:28 PM
He must contribute some amount yearly to charity.
I'm sure he does.

Bob Lanier
01-26-2007, 03:12 PM
is that government's job?
Yes.

101A
01-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Yes.

Fantastic. I now know that if I'm ever down on my luck, and need a hand up, there's a very capable organization there to provide it.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2007, 03:33 PM
"Successful attorney builds house."

Good to know we sitck to the important stuff here.

johnsmith
01-26-2007, 03:41 PM
"Successful attorney builds house."

Good to know we sitck to the important stuff here.

Yes, because if we didn't, then who knows how world events would unfold? :rolleyes

Bob Lanier
01-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Fantastic. I now know that if I'm ever down on my luck, and need a hand up, there's a very capable organization there to provide it.
That your government has been crippled by a bunch of ideologues isn't really my problem. I'm just suggesting where the duty lies if you want to use the most efficient solution.

George Gervin's Afro
01-26-2007, 03:50 PM
I always thought conservatives praised people who earned lots of money.

Yonivore
01-26-2007, 04:02 PM
I always thought conservatives praised people who earned lots of money.
I praise capitalism and free markets, I don't care how much a person make; and, in this case, I was speaking to Edwards hypocrisy. I hope he enjoys his millions.

Bandit2981
01-26-2007, 05:04 PM
How is it hypocritical to be wealthy but still fight to improve overall lives of poor people? Is Oprah a hypocrite too?

Yonivore
01-26-2007, 05:59 PM
How is it hypocritical to be wealthy but still fight to improve overall lives of poor people? Is Oprah a hypocrite too?
If he were truly altruistic, he'd be less austentatcious (sp?) and more humble. After all, that's what he wants the government to force the rest of us to be.

I'm sorry, if I were as rich as that, I'd be tithing my church and giving a large percetage of my income to charitable causes -- keeping enough to enjoy life and to be able to contribute in non-monetary ways.

He can do what he wants, I don't begrudge him his money but, if he's going to advocate the government take my hard earned money so that it can give it to people I don't know and, a large percentage of which, don't deserve it...No thanks, let me give it away, I'm much better at giving as an individual and the process if much more efficient.

So, I wonder how much he gives to charity.

ChumpDumper
01-26-2007, 06:35 PM
I'm sorry, if I were as rich as that, I'd be tithing my church and giving a large percetage of my income to charitable causes -- keeping enough to enjoy life and to be able to contribute in non-monetary ways.Sure you would.
So, I wonder how much he gives to charity.Ask him.

01Snake
01-26-2007, 07:36 PM
I'm sorry, if I were as rich as that, I'd be tithing my church and giving a large percetage of my income to charitable causes -- keeping enough to enjoy life and to be able to contribute in non-monetary ways.

I wouldn't. :lol Sure I'd give some to worthwhile causes but I sure as hell would keep most of it.

CubanMustGo
01-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Typical right-wing "my party sucks so bad all I can do is try and make an issue out of nothing" thread.

01Snake
01-26-2007, 08:02 PM
Typical right-wing "my party sucks so bad all I can do is try and make an issue out of nothing" thread.
:jack

Yonivore
01-26-2007, 08:59 PM
Sure you would.
I do. Relatively speaking.

Mr. Peabody
01-27-2007, 07:48 AM
I praise capitalism and free markets, I don't care how much a person make; and, in this case, I was speaking to Edwards hypocrisy. I hope he enjoys his millions.

Yeah, I mean the guy is trying to fight poverty, but he's a wealthy and successful attorney. That means we shouldn't listen to anything he says about the impact of poverty on society, right? I am glad you pointed this out Yoni.

Hell, before today, I thought that attacking someone's proposition by finding fault with a personal trait was a fallacious argument, but I guess I was wrong.

SA210
01-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Go Edwards!

Ya Vez
01-27-2007, 02:30 PM
he must not believe in global warming ... because it is going to use up some kilowatts just to heat and air condition that house....

but of course most people who believe in global warming are sitting in large office buildings burning thousand of kilowatts an hour .. and driving around in SUV and limousines...

Bob Lanier
01-27-2007, 04:42 PM
1. Large buildings are, generally speaking, considerably more energy-efficient than smaller structures.

2. The vast majority of humanity presumably 'believes in' global warming, and most of them don't work in "large office buildings".

It's interesting that class envy and ressentiment flow from the right wing to the left in the U.S., though.

Ya Vez
01-27-2007, 05:39 PM
[/QUOTE]2. The vast majority of humanity presumably 'believes in' global warming, and most of them don't work in "large office buildings".

so your saying al gore, john edwards, john kerry, the majority of democratic congressmen, senators and all your lovable lefty Hollywood types live in caves, don't fly, ride bikes instead of SUV's and Limo's..?

It's interesting that class envy and ressentiment flow from the right wing to the left in the U.S., though.[QUOTE]

Well generally it's the left calling out the rich... I just find it a little ironic... don't ya..

But don't worry Bob .. John Edwards feels our pain.....

Ya Vez
01-27-2007, 05:39 PM
dang qoutes.. oh well

ChumpDumper
01-27-2007, 05:43 PM
I just find it a little ironic... don't ya..He just said it was ironic.

Oh, Gee!!
01-29-2007, 01:02 PM

how do you know he doesn't do either of these things? because he has a big house?

so, I wonder how much he gives to charity.

that's none of your business.

ChumpDumper
01-29-2007, 04:22 PM
He'd rather not know the truth. At this point, innuendo and made up stories are all the Republicans have going for them.

Ya Vez
01-29-2007, 06:36 PM
I bet he drives a tahoe...

ChumpDumper
01-29-2007, 06:49 PM
^ Case in point.