PDA

View Full Version : Latest Jason Kidd...

CavsSuperFan
01-26-2007, 04:10 PM
Lakers make offer for J Kidd... (http://www.benmaller.com/nba_rumors_notes)

Presuming the Nets might want to distance themselves from their leader's marriage crisis, as well as unload Jason Kidd's $40 million guaranteed over the next two seasons, the Lakers submitted a bunch of disposable players/expiring contracts - Chris Mihm, Aaron McKie, etc. The only L.A. player of consequence mentioned was rookie guard Jordan Farmar. They figured wrong. That doesn't mean the Lakers have stopped trying to find a Kobe Bryant-compatible workaholic to lighten his everyday burden, the return to active duty of Lamar Odom and Kwame Brown, aside...Management's greatest concern is that the team's over reliance on Bryant ultimately will extinguish his flame seasons ahead of time...

Phil Jackson was heard talking about Kwame, "don't let him hold a baby"...

Medvedenko
01-26-2007, 04:12 PM
This is not going anywhere....

CavsSuperFan
01-26-2007, 04:18 PM
I have it on good authority that it is a done deal...I can’t reveal my sources.... :smokin

SoCal Lakeshow
01-26-2007, 04:34 PM
This would be a great trade for the Lakeshow :king

But I'm not so sure it will happen. AI went for cheap, I wonder how cheap Kidd goes for.

JamStone
01-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Jason Kidd is an uptempo, full court point guard. He is an average, sometimes below-average, outside jumpshooter. And, he's not very good playing off the ball.

It makes absolutely no sense for the Lakers to get him, for the system and players they have.

CavsSuperFan
01-26-2007, 05:03 PM
Did you see the Pistons destroy the Lakers this year & Baron Davis & Company 20 steals against the Lakers last week?

Medvedenko
01-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Yes, getting an HOF PG would help the lakers, but not as much as people think. Still with the proposed trade of those players, of course you do it. Now, I'd rather trade Smush than Farmar but what are you going to do. GS state stole the ball like crazy, but they lost the game, who cares.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-26-2007, 05:14 PM
Jason Kidd would make the Lakers instant contenders. Him and Kobe would make an incredible back court.

Medvedenko
01-26-2007, 05:16 PM
I would like to think they would become an instant threat. It would definitely help the fast break and Kobe could play off the ball a lot more...still I'm more concerned with his shot than his assists. I do like his rebounding though...

SoCal Lakeshow
01-26-2007, 05:19 PM
He's not a bad shooter. Not a great shooter, but much better than Smush or Farmar. He would fit perfectly with the Lakers. He's close to a triple double every night. And he creates mismatches at the PG position, and his defense would be a huge upgrade.

Medvedenko
01-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Look I like his D...but the Lakers O goes through Lamar and Kobe as the main ball handlers. It could work with Kidd and Lamar handling the rock, but the way the offence works his skill could be shortchanged....

Bob Lanier
01-26-2007, 05:41 PM
http://www.nba.com/media/pistons/LALDET_040613_002.jpg

Medvedenko
01-26-2007, 05:47 PM
Exactly...while Payton played all 82 games that season...he never found his groove. Still a healthy Karl Malone and we take that series easily...

SoCal Lakeshow
01-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Jason Kidd now is better than Gary Payton then.

Medvedenko
01-26-2007, 05:51 PM
Look, I say with the people offered, do the trade and let's see what happens. I do think Pau would be a lot better pick up for a lot of reason. Once again pipe....

Bob Lanier
01-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Bitch bitch bitch.

The point is that GP is (was) a much better halfcourt point guard than Kidd, and never adjusted to the triple-post offense. Kobe Bryant will always be the initiator, so you need a second-tier guard who hit jumpshots off the ball consistently, which for all of his hall of fame credentials Kidd will never be.

Smush Parker may be an overmatched borderline-NBA player, but Kidd isn't the answer.

Duhon in Chicago is a much better fit and realistic option, if you had anything to give in return (you don't).

SoCal Lakeshow
01-26-2007, 05:53 PM
Look, I say with the people offered, do the trade and let's see what happens. I do think Pau would be a lot better pick up for a lot of reason. Once again pipe....
Pau is more valuable. Chicago will give up more than we can.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-26-2007, 05:56 PM
Bitch bitch bitch.

The point is that GP is (was) a much better halfcourt point guard than Kidd, and never adjusted to the triple-post offense. Kobe Bryant will always be the initiator, so you need a second-tier guard who hit jumpshots off the ball consistently, which for all of his hall of fame credentials Kidd will never be.

Smush Parker may be an overmatched borderline-NBA player, but Kidd isn't the answer.
GP was not playing at the same level when he joined the Lakers. Kidd still plays at a very high level. Kobe will eventually move away from being the initiator. Playing on the wing gives him more freedom. Yes a jumpshooter would be nice, but a true PG is what the Lakers need more than anything.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-26-2007, 05:57 PM
Duhon in Chicago is a much better fit and realistic option, if you had anything to give in return (you don't).
Kidd is a much better fit than Duhon. Unless you think Duhon can play the point? :wtf

SoCal Lakeshow
01-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Kidd will go for cheap because he's old and has a huge contract. The question is for how cheap.

Bob Lanier
01-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Kidd is a much better fit than Duhon. Unless you think Duhon can play the point? :wtf
Duhon is a pure point guard. He can also hit three-balls. He's also a pretty good defender.

Medvedenko
01-26-2007, 06:12 PM
I'd go with Duhon....younger, no baggage and will defer and hit open jumpers when he receives the rock from Kobe.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-26-2007, 09:15 PM
Duhon is a pure point guard. He can also hit three-balls. He's also a pretty good defender.
I have seen Duhon play. While he is a good player, he is not a pure point guard. Hinrich is a pure point guard. And we know Hinrich is not going anywhere. Why trade for Duhon, we might as well just let Farmar develop if that's the case. Duhon is only 6'1, which is short for a Phil Jackson PG. Duhon doesn't put us over the top, so he's a waste to trade for unless Chicago is giving him away, which is not the case.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-26-2007, 09:16 PM
I'd go with Duhon....younger, no baggage and will defer and hit open jumpers when he receives the rock from Kobe.
Duhon is a waste of a trade. He won't help us win now and will probably be ready to contribute significantly around the same time Farmar is. Kidd will contribute immediately.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-26-2007, 11:19 PM
Exactly...while Payton played all 82 games that season...he never found his groove. Still a healthy Karl Malone and we take that series easily...

We lmao you are kidding right? It was a sweep. :lol

BUMP
01-26-2007, 11:26 PM
Jason Kidd would make the Lakers instant contenders. Him and Kobe would make an incredible back court.

for an NBA title? no, i dont think so. he's not dominant enough to make them "instant contenders" they still lack a consistent inside scorer

SoCal Lakeshow
01-26-2007, 11:34 PM
for an NBA title? no, i dont think so. he's not dominant enough to make them "instant contenders" they still lack a consistent inside scorer
I think he will. Multiple players on the Laker team can post up: Lamar, Kobe, Bynum (though not consistent), even Kidd (if the trade happens). I think Bynum will be able to step up and fill that role, especially with Kidd giving him great passes into the post.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-26-2007, 11:35 PM
We lmao you are kidding right? It was a sweep. :lol
It wasn't a sweep and the only reason the Pistons won was because they killed the Lakers on the offensive glass. Something I don't think would have happened if Malone was healthy.

Vinnie_Johnson
01-27-2007, 12:57 AM
It wasn't a sweep and the only reason the Pistons won was because they killed the Lakers on the offensive glass. Something I don't think would have happened if Malone was healthy.

It was a 5 game sweep( game two was a fluke per kobe) and stop your bitching if Karl was there crap. Karl would have not have stopped Detroit it's not like the games outside of game two were close.

mavs>spurs2
01-27-2007, 01:00 AM
It was a 5 game sweep( game two was a fluke per kobe) and stop your bitching if Karl was there crap. Karl would have not have stopped Detroit it's not like the games outside of game two were close.

Malone was old anyways, even if he was healthy it wouldn't have made that huge of a difference, which is what the lakers would have needed to even have a chance.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-27-2007, 01:21 AM
Do you remember the Finals?? The Pistons looked horrible out there. The only reason they won was that the Lakers looked that much worse.

SoCal Lakeshow
01-27-2007, 01:22 AM
Malone was old anyways, even if he was healthy it wouldn't have made that huge of a difference, which is what the lakers would have needed to even have a chance.
Malone was playing very well up to that point. He was our main rebounder. It would have made a big difference. Really doesn't matter though it's in the past now.