PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball 2007

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mr Dio
01-26-2007, 04:23 PM
Anyone starting any leagues this yr? Like say, in the $50 or more category?

I haven't done an MLB fantasy team in apprx 5 yrs....guess I feel the itch.

MajorMike
01-26-2007, 04:45 PM
yahoo is free

yavozerb
01-26-2007, 05:51 PM
I only do $ leagues with football, everything else should be free!!

FromWayDowntown
01-26-2007, 06:13 PM
I'll play in another SpursTalk baseball league (like last year) but not if there's money on the line. I also won't play if Horry For 3! is the commissioner of said league. Beyond that, I'm happy to play.

Melmart1
01-26-2007, 06:59 PM
^^^What he said. Emphasis on the HF3! as commissioner part :lol

rascal
01-26-2007, 07:01 PM
I'll play in another SpursTalk baseball league (like last year) but not if there's money on the line. I also won't play if Horry For 3! is the commissioner of said league. Beyond that, I'm happy to play.

Non money leagues are not fun. Over half of the teams give up and don't care after the first few weeks because they have nothing invested in it and there is nothing to win.

Mr Dio
01-26-2007, 07:15 PM
So why not have an 8-10 team league for $50? Even $40 or $30?

I don't care who is the commissioner but it would have to be someone that knows up front they'd have the time available for it. So not me. :lol

Wouldn't there more incentive to NOT quit if we'd pay $40-$50 or more to enter?
Let me ask.
Who would be SERIOUSLY interested in a $40-$50 8-10 team league? I nominate MelMart as the Comm.

Melmart1
01-26-2007, 07:28 PM
why me? :lol I might think about joining a money league... but I do NOT want to be in charge of the money cus I have no idea how the splitting and all that stuff works, who gets what, etc. Someone else be the banker. Not sure I should be commissioner either, in my brief fantasy baseball career, commissioners have sucked!

timvp
01-27-2007, 12:16 AM
I'd be in for a money league. I haven't played fantasy baseball in a long ass time, but I'd be up for the challenge.

If the buy-in is reasonable, I'm thinking we can get enough people. Perhaps Kori can commish if she doesn't want to play. :married:

We'll also setup a free one so others can play in that one.

Mr Dio
01-27-2007, 02:49 AM
I'd be in for a money league. I haven't played fantasy baseball in a long ass time, but I'd be up for the challenge.

If the buy-in is reasonable, I'm thinking we can get enough people. Perhaps Kori can commish if she doesn't want to play. :married:

We'll also setup a free one so others can play in that one.

C'mon LJ, you expect me to believe a Dominicano would be in interested in beisbol? Do you think I'm estupido? :lol

Kori as commish would be cool with me.

Mr Dio
01-27-2007, 02:49 AM
Seriously interested.

MelMart
LJ
Dio

Who else?
Also, input on buy-in and site to use?
Draft format, etc...

MajorMike
01-27-2007, 10:20 AM
I'm down either way. Yahoo is a hell of a lot easier, tho. I have at least 1 league each pro season.

Mr Dio
01-27-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm down either way. Yahoo is a hell of a lot easier, tho. I have at least 1 league each pro season.

Cool, we now have

Seriously interested.

MelMart
LJ
Dio
Capt Mike

dallaskd
01-28-2007, 07:18 PM
ill play and i wont stop playing because my team sucks or im eliminated.

Mr Dio
01-28-2007, 07:29 PM
ill play and i wont stop playing because my team sucks or im eliminated.

Seriously interested.

MelMart
LJ
Dio
Capt Mike
dallaskd

Who else?
Also, input on buy-in and site to use?
Draft format, # of teams, etc...

Melmart1
01-28-2007, 07:54 PM
I am only familiar with Yahoo, so I can't give any advice about that. In fact last year was the first time that I ever played so I can't say much about draft format and number of teams.

I did like Yahoo, though but I think no more than 10-12 teams. It was really dissapointing, we had so many teams and some of them set their lineups in April then never logged in again- not a single time. That really brings the league down, so I think a smaller group is good. Plus, it makes for more good players on each team instead of being so watered down, that makes play more interesting.

dallaskd
01-28-2007, 08:04 PM
ive played yahoo! and ESPN leagues.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Sportsline's a pretty good baseball league.

yavozerb
01-28-2007, 09:40 PM
I will play if you guys need players. I prefer yahoo though

yavozerb
01-28-2007, 09:42 PM
what about 15$ with winner taking all.

dallaskd
01-28-2007, 10:17 PM
i pefer espn, ill check out sportsline though, i guess mr. dio will set it up how he wants it anyway.

Mr Dio
01-29-2007, 12:04 AM
I am only familiar with Yahoo, so I can't give any advice about that. In fact last year was the first time that I ever played so I can't say much about draft format and number of teams.

I did like Yahoo, though but I think no more than 10-12 teams. It was really dissapointing, we had so many teams and some of them set their lineups in April then never logged in again- not a single time. That really brings the league down, so I think a smaller group is good. Plus, it makes for more good players on each team instead of being so watered down, that makes play more interesting.

I agree on the low # of teams.
I'd like a MAX of 12 as well.

The site doesn't matter to me as long as we can draft easily on it.

You playing Blaze? Kori?

yavozerb
01-29-2007, 12:08 AM
Also, are you guys going to make it to where you can only set your line-up once a week or daily? If it is weekly I'll play..

Mr Dio
01-29-2007, 12:24 AM
Also, are you guys going to make it to where you can only set your line-up once a week or daily? If it is weekly I'll play..

Yeah, I didn't think about that.
I'd also like to set it once weekly.
Everyone else, input?

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-29-2007, 12:31 AM
Weekly.

Mr Dio
01-29-2007, 12:35 AM
i pefer espn, ill check out sportsline though, i guess mr. dio will set it up how he wants it anyway.

Actually, I think it is cool is Kori is the Commissioner and we can vote on the site.

As far as buy-in I'd prefer maybe at least in the $25 range to keep interest and counter dead teams. Plus, when you look @ $25 pro rata it is apprx $5/month.

T Park
01-29-2007, 02:48 AM
Im totally in and down witha baseball league.

sribb43
01-29-2007, 06:17 AM
I'll do a yahoo league

Melmart1
01-29-2007, 08:08 AM
I like being able to set up weekly, I would set everything for the week, then of course go back in if someone got put on the DL or something and change it if need be. That is a good option to have.

I am down with $25, that seems very reasonable, it's enough to keep it interesting but low enough not to price anyone out who would really like to play.

MajorMike
01-29-2007, 09:47 AM
I have commished many a yahoo league; if everyone wants to go that route I could set it up or those interested.

Mr Dio
01-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Seriously interested.

MelMart
LJ
Dio
Capt Mike
dallaskd
yavozerb
Blaze
TPark
sribb43--?

dallaskd
01-29-2007, 05:39 PM
so is it a $25 league?

Horry For 3!
01-29-2007, 08:24 PM
I might play

Das Texan
01-29-2007, 09:26 PM
if we are talking money, i'm intersted.

Mr Dio
01-29-2007, 10:50 PM
Seriously interested.

MelMart
LJ
Dio
Capt Mike
dallaskd
yavozerb
Blaze
TPark
Das Texan
sribb43--?
HF3--?

I think 1 more should be the max.
12 teams should allow us, as Mel has pointed out to have pretty good teams and not dilute teams so bad that 1 or 2 injuries make someone quit their team early.

dallaskd, I think everyone is OK w/$25.
Is everyone OK or am I ASSuming again? :lol

Input?

yavozerb
01-29-2007, 11:01 PM
25$ sounds just right. I guess winner takes all or what?

Horry For 3!
01-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Ehhhh, I decided that I am just goin to do a couple of free leagues. I'll stick with money football and basketball leagues.

Mr Dio
01-30-2007, 01:41 AM
25$ sounds just right. I guess winner takes all or what?

I'd prefer something like:

1st - 160
2nd - 80
3rd - 40
4th - 20

But if it looks like majority wants a diff payout to include all or nothing I'm cool with that.
My rationale is that if you know you're gong to get something, rather than nothing, you'll be much more likely to stay competitive til the end.

===
===

Ehhhh, I decided that I am just goin to do a couple of free leagues. I'll stick with money football and basketball leagues.

Well, maybe next time man.
If you change your mind let us know.

Horry For 3!
01-30-2007, 02:56 AM
Well, maybe next time man.
If you change your mind let us know.
Alright.

dallaskd
01-30-2007, 05:41 PM
I'd prefer something like:

1st - 160
2nd - 80
3rd - 40
4th - 20

But if it looks like majority wants a diff payout to include all or nothing I'm cool with that.
My rationale is that if you know you're gong to get something, rather than nothing, you'll be much more likely to stay competitive til the end.

sounds good. i would do a yahoo! or espn league. make sure its private. $25 is good.

Mr Dio
01-30-2007, 05:54 PM
sounds good. i would do a yahoo! or espn league. make sure its private. $25 is good.

Right on Right on!

Any other input on the payouts or anything at all?

dallaskd
01-30-2007, 09:54 PM
i would make the league a head-to-head one. i hate salary cap, so lets try to avoid one of those.

Mr Dio
01-31-2007, 12:28 AM
i would make the league a head-to-head one. i hate salary cap, so lets try to avoid one of those.

Oh yeah, I'm not too fond of the cap myself.
Roster limits yes but no cap.
A snake draft set-up by some randomizer or whatever?

Head-to-head, cool with me.

MajorMike
01-31-2007, 09:32 AM
Snake live draft, if its yahoo. You can actually log in and they have a nice java window that shows you who is left, what positions you have drafted, who everyone else has drafted, etc. You can preorder your draft if you can't go live. You can set a queue if you are there and have to leave or whatever.

I usually make total points leagues. You get 1 point for hit. 1 for RBI. 2 for 2B. 3 for 3B. -1 for SO. For pitchers, 1 for K, -1 for BB, 5 for W. -2 for L. 4 for S. -2 for BS. That sort of thing. I also like to add a .5 for an assist, so it makes good defensive players a fantasy asset.

All points accumulate and that is your score. Last year, my league's winner had a little over 10000 points.

In my leagues, I normally have each field position (including 3OF regardless of OF position), a Util (for DH only people but also so someone can place any position there for off days and whatnot - play both of those catchers you picked up early). For pitchers, there are 2 SP, 2 RP, and 2 P. The P slots can be filled by either a SP or a RP, which gives you flex in how you draft. Normally there are a grand total of 5 bench spots. This means you can keep any combination of 5 bench pitchers, 5 extra position players, 2 position players and 3 pitchers, 4 position players and 1 pitcher, etc. There is also one DL slot (in which you can place a person on DL when yahoo designates him so and it lets you pick up a replacement while your DL guy mends). Once your guy comes off DL, yahoo forces you to drop someone to have your guy come off DL. Grand total 9 position players 6 pitchers and 5 bench - 20 players. Its not a keeper league, so when Kerry Wood blows out his elbow again and is gone for the year, you can just flat drop him.

If we set it up on yahoo, we will have plenty of time to vote and take everyone's opinion on point scale.

johngateswhiteley
02-03-2007, 05:16 AM
Snake live draft, if its yahoo. You can actually log in and they have a nice java window that shows you who is left, what positions you have drafted, who everyone else has drafted, etc. You can preorder your draft if you can't go live. You can set a queue if you are there and have to leave or whatever.

I usually make total points leagues. You get 1 point for hit. 1 for RBI. 2 for 2B. 3 for 3B. -1 for SO. For pitchers, 1 for K, -1 for BB, 5 for W. -2 for L. 4 for S. -2 for BS. That sort of thing. I also like to add a .5 for an assist, so it makes good defensive players a fantasy asset.

All points accumulate and that is your score. Last year, my league's winner had a little over 10000 points.

In my leagues, I normally have each field position (including 3OF regardless of OF position), a Util (for DH only people but also so someone can place any position there for off days and whatnot - play both of those catchers you picked up early). For pitchers, there are 2 SP, 2 RP, and 2 P. The P slots can be filled by either a SP or a RP, which gives you flex in how you draft. Normally there are a grand total of 5 bench spots. This means you can keep any combination of 5 bench pitchers, 5 extra position players, 2 position players and 3 pitchers, 4 position players and 1 pitcher, etc. There is also one DL slot (in which you can place a person on DL when yahoo designates him so and it lets you pick up a replacement while your DL guy mends). Once your guy comes off DL, yahoo forces you to drop someone to have your guy come off DL. Grand total 9 position players 6 pitchers and 5 bench - 20 players. Its not a keeper league, so when Kerry Wood blows out his elbow again and is gone for the year, you can just flat drop him.

If we set it up on yahoo, we will have plenty of time to vote and take everyone's opinion on point scale.

all depends on the RPI.

whottt
02-04-2007, 07:47 AM
I'm in for the money league.

MajorMike
02-05-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm only in if jgw is excluded.

Melmart1
02-05-2007, 09:53 AM
He didnt actually say he was playing, did he? And even if he did--why would you exclude yourself over him?

MajorMike
02-05-2007, 10:29 AM
He didnt actually say he was playing, did he? And even if he did--why would you exclude yourself over him?

The less contact the better. Sort of the 'one bad apple' mentality.

yavozerb
02-05-2007, 12:49 PM

I say head to head as well. Since we will probably be setting up rosters weekly these options by cpt would not work, so lets keep it simple!!

dallaskd
02-05-2007, 05:29 PM
since its summer, id rather set my roster weekly.

dallaskd
02-07-2007, 08:32 AM
if were doing yahoo! you can start signing up Feb 15.

Mr Dio
02-07-2007, 02:57 PM
if were doing yahoo! you can start signing up Feb 15.

That's sweet.
So, do we have Kori, Timvp or MelMart as the Commish? Or someone else?

dallaskd
02-07-2007, 06:40 PM
you be the commish. you set the whole thing up.

MajorMike
02-08-2007, 04:10 PM
I can still set it up and have a vote on the type formation. You can change everything before the draft.

dallaskd
02-08-2007, 06:43 PM
ok. what website and how much?

dallaskd
02-08-2007, 10:38 PM
take a look at mlb.com. it looks good.

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 08:50 PM
can you pm us the name of the league and the password so we can join?

Mr Dio
02-09-2007, 09:15 PM
you be the commish. you set the whole thing up.

Uhh, I'm really not down with being the commish. :lol

Let me ask all of you, who would want to be commish?
I Mel has PM'd me like 20 times saying I should nominate her so I just did! :lol
I know Timvp has said that Kori could do it too.
Any of you as Commish I'd roll with no prob.

Yeah, is Yahoo cool with everyone? I'm cool with any site really.
$25 cool with everyone?

The only things I'd rather have than not have are:
1) I want Head to Head
2) I want a snake draft, NO Salary Cap
3) I want a weekly setting of the lineups and not going in everyday to update or change it.

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 09:20 PM
perfect. get one of them to set it up. let mel commish if he wants too. tell him to do everything you just said.

Mr Dio
02-09-2007, 09:34 PM
perfect. get one of them to set it up. let mel commish if he wants too. tell him to do everything you just said.

Mel be a chica.

dallaskd
02-09-2007, 09:37 PM
ok "her"

yavozerb
02-10-2007, 08:05 AM
I prefer yahoo as well..

T Park
02-11-2007, 11:18 AM
so how does a roster usually set up.

5 outfielders and what, how pany pitchers, infielders and what not?

This will be my first time playing fantasy baseball.

yavozerb
02-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Usually 3 OF's, all your infield positions, 2 starting pitchers, 2 relief pitchers, and 3 more pitchers (either SP or RP)..At least that is how I have played in the past..rosters usually run from 18-20 players

Kori Ellis
02-11-2007, 08:27 PM
I'll set up the league, be the commish, handle the money, etc since I'm not going to play.

Give me some general guidelines and I'll set up a league on Yahoo as soon as y'all are ready.

T Park
02-12-2007, 03:29 AM
Whatever it is Kori, just take it out of my FF winnings kitty :) :lol

Mr Dio
02-12-2007, 07:49 AM
I'll set up the league, be the commish, handle the money, etc since I'm not going to play.

Give me some general guidelines and I'll set up a league on Yahoo as soon as y'all are ready.

Just get it done Kori.
I don't want to have to say it again. :lol

MajorMike
02-12-2007, 09:00 AM
Usually 3 OF's, all your infield positions, 2 starting pitchers, 2 relief pitchers, and 3 more pitchers (either SP or RP)..At least that is how I have played in the past..rosters usually run from 18-20 players

C
1B
2B
SS
3B
OF
OF
OF
UTIL
SP
SP
RP
RP
P
P
BENCH
BENCH
BENCH

Kori Ellis
02-12-2007, 12:18 PM
Just get it done Kori.
I don't want to have to say it again. :lol

Yahoo leagues can't be set up yet.

And stop ordering me around freak! :lol

Melmart1
02-12-2007, 02:16 PM
WTF!?! I haven't visited this thread in like a week and all the sudden I am PMing Dio to be commish? :lol You fucking liar! I have never PMed Dio in my life.

Kori as commish works for me. I have no idea what a snake draft is and I have never played head-to-head but I will go on Yahoo and look it up and learn before draft time.

So do we have 12 people now? I know there were a lot of 'maybes' and stuff, but now that we know who the commish is, how much, what site, etc now is the time for peeps to shit or get off the pot. I am in, definitely.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-12-2007, 02:24 PM
Melly,

A snake draft is a draft in which the order alternates each round.

For instance:

Round 1: A, B, C, D
Round 2: D, C, B, A
Round 3: A, B, C, D

And so on...

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-12-2007, 02:25 PM
To tell you the truth, I would love to try MLB.com.

Hmm, apparently you can't change settings (or at least I haven't found them yet).

Number of teams: 12

Scoring system: Head-to-head

League Regular Season ends: July 29, 2007

League Playoffs run: July 30, 2007 to Aug 12, 2007

Roster Size

Your may consist of up to 15 players:

1 Catcher
1 First Baseman
1 Second Baseman
1 Shortstop
1 Third Baseman
3 Outfielders
1 Pitching Staff
6 Bench Players

Position Eligibility:

10 games at a position in either 2006 or 2007

Lineup lock time:

Each week you will have until five (5) minutes prior to the start of the first MLB game being played on Monday to set your lineup for that week. Any changes made after the lock time will be reflected on next week's lineup.

Trading Period:

Immediately after league draft to July 8th, 2007 at 11:59pm ET. No trades can be made after this time period. Trades in the pending state before this period will still be processed according to your league's rules.

Point Scoring System

Your players will score points for you each day on which MLB games are played based on the following formula:

Hitters
Single = 1
Double = 2
Triple = 3
Home Run = 4
Run = 1
RBI = 1
Walk = 1
Stolen Base = 2
Caught Stealing = -1

Pitching Staffs
Win = 10
Shutout = 20
ER = -1
BB = -0.5
H = -0.5
K = 1

Kori Ellis
02-12-2007, 02:45 PM
To tell you the truth, I would love to try MLB.com.
Do you know people who have played there. Is their draft software reliable like Yahoo? Why do you want to play there if you can't customize the settings? :wtf

Melmart1
02-12-2007, 02:46 PM
Thanks for that, JB. I guess I assumed that that was how all drafts worked. I have always selected that way and like it.

As for MLB, I am game for whatever, but I guess we have to get concensus. I don't like the idea of not being able to make changes daily in case of injury. I had always played where you could set them for up to a week at a time but had the option of going in daily and making an adjustment. But if that isn't possible it's cool. Makes it more interesting--as long as you aren't the one with an injury.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Do you know people who have played there. Is their draft software reliable like Yahoo? Why do you want to play there if you can't customize the settings? :wtf

Actually, it was more that I wanted to give it a try. After my first post, I went and created a league to see what I could do with it and after doing so, well, it's pretty, but there's nothing upstairs.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-12-2007, 03:00 PM
Thanks for that, JB. I guess I assumed that that was how all drafts worked. I have always selected that way and like it.

As for MLB, I am game for whatever, but I guess we have to get concensus. I don't like the idea of not being able to make changes daily in case of injury. I had always played where you could set them for up to a week at a time but had the option of going in daily and making an adjustment. But if that isn't possible it's cool. Makes it more interesting--as long as you aren't the one with an injury.

Surprisingly, the league I was in last year (keeper on Sportsline, which is nice) was a standard draft (which the bastard commissioner didn't tell me until the second round - and since I had taken over a team from somebody that was a real asshole, I was treated as such).

MajorMike
02-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Isn't it still a must to have a util position? If not, where do you put someone like Ortiz?

T Park
02-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Anyone know a good site on fantasy baseball and such

I know of a good fantasy football one ;)

Just don;t know of any good baseball ones. Never played the baseball ones before.

Horry For 3!
02-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Isn't it still a must to have a util position? If not, where do you put someone like Ortiz?
It depends for Ortiz. I think Yahoo has him down as a (1B, UTIL). At least that is what it was last year and then you had players like Frank Thomas who was only (UTIL).

Horry For 3!
02-12-2007, 08:08 PM
I would get in on a Keeper Baseball League but I don't think I would play just a year money league.

greenroom
02-12-2007, 08:23 PM
I would be in if there is still a opening

Mr Dio
02-12-2007, 08:51 PM
WTF!?! I haven't visited this thread in like a week and all the sudden I am PMing Dio to be commish? :lol You fucking liar! I have never PMed Dio in my life.

:lol
The mouth of a sailor! I love it! :lol

===
===

So do we have 12 people now? I know there were a lot of 'maybes' and stuff, but now that we know who the commish is, how much, what site, etc now is the time for peeps to shit or get off the pot. I am in, definitely

I'm def in!
Who else is a 100% no doubt about it in?

dallaskd
02-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Anyone know a good site on fantasy baseball

Yahoo! and ESPN. PM me on the league info when you get it set up.

dallaskd
02-13-2007, 10:54 PM
do something youve played before and enjoyed. Ive really liked Yahoo and ESPN. id love to try MLB.com but try it out in a free league first and if you like do it next year.

Kori Ellis
02-14-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm going to set it up on Yahoo as soon as the league are available to set up (which I think is in a couple days).

Horry For 3!
02-14-2007, 01:40 AM
I'm going to set it up on Yahoo as soon as the league are available to set up (which I think is in a couple days).

Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball returns February 16!

Free game features fully customizable scoring & settings
PLUS game adds real-time scoring with StatTracker®, exclusive content, league prizes & more!
New design, with improved registration and drag-and-drop rosters
Play in public leagues or custom private leagues

Join Us Feb 16!

T Park
02-14-2007, 10:06 AM
FEB 16th!!!

This is gonna be great, Ive never played fantasy baseball.

Ill totally stink, but itll make the baseball season more interesting thats for sure.

dallaskd
02-14-2007, 06:43 PM
Kori, look on that list that Dio made to see whos in the league or whatever. PM me up.

Melmart1
02-16-2007, 12:35 AM
OK, Peeps... Who is DEFINITELY in? Now that we know this:

$25/person
Kori is the Commisioner
Yahoo League
If you DEFINITELY are going to play, post in this thread by copy and pasting the list with your name added to the bottom:

SpursTalk 2007 Fantasy Baseball Participants:

Mr. Dio
Melmart1
dallaskd

who else?

whottt
02-16-2007, 01:24 AM
$25/person
Kori is the Commisioner
Yahoo League
If you DEFINITELY are going to play, post in this thread by copy and pasting the list with your name added to the bottom:

Mr. Dio
Melmart1
dallaskd
whottt

who else?

Melmart1
02-16-2007, 01:26 AM

me

Somebody just HAS to be a rebel, huh? :lol You are forgiven since you are a Rangers fan. So here is the list:

Mr. Dio
Melmart1
dallaskd
Whottt

Who else?

whottt
02-16-2007, 01:26 AM
LMAO I was justy fixing it...but yeah I am in.

Das Texan
02-16-2007, 02:39 AM

$25/person
Kori is the Commisioner
Yahoo League

Mr. Dio
Melmart1
dallaskd

who else?

me too.

yavozerb
02-16-2007, 06:36 AM
count me in..

Melmart1
02-16-2007, 08:14 AM

$25/person
Kori is the Commisioner
Yahoo League

Mr. Dio
Melmart1
dallaskd
whottt
Das Texan
yavozerb

who else?

MajorMike
02-16-2007, 10:28 AM
:bling

T Park
02-16-2007, 11:35 AM
[QUOTE]SpursTalk 2007 Fantasy Baseball Participants:

Mr. Dio
Melmart1
dallaskd
whottt
Das Texan
yavozerb
TPark

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Mr. Dio
Melmart1
dallaskd
whottt
Das Texan
yavozerb
TPark
JB47

Kori Ellis
02-16-2007, 05:45 PM
They barely had any draft times open on Yahoo, so I assume they haven't opened them all up. I'll change the time as more come open.

Here's the rules for now. Let me know what scoring categories you want added, changed. PM me for info on how to pay, then I'll give you the log in for the league.

League Type Custom
Draft Type Live Online Draft
Draft Time Sun Mar 18 8:15am CDT

League Settings

Head-to-Head
Max Teams 12
Player universe All baseball
Max Moves No maximum
Max Trades No maximum
Trade End Date August 26, 2007
Trade Review Commissioner
Trade Reject Time 1 day
Waiver Time 1 day
Can't Cut List Yahoo! Sports
Post Draft Players Follow Waiver Rules
League Start Week Week 1 (Apr 1)
Roster Changes Daily - Tomorrow
Minimum Innings Pitched 7
Divisions No
Catcher (C) 1
First Base (1B) 1
Second Base (2B) 1
Third Base (3B) 1
Shortstop (SS) 1
Left Fielder (LF) 0
Center Fielder (CF) 0
Right Fielder (RF) 0
Outfield (OF) 3
Middle Infielder (MI) 0
Corner Infielder (CI) 0
Infielder (IF) 0
All Batters (Util) 1
Starters (SP) 2
Relievers (RP) 2
All Pitchers (P) 3
Disabled List (DL) 1
Bench (BN) 3

Scoring Settings
Hits
Home Runs
Runs Batted In
Stolen Bases
Walks
Strikeouts
Errors
Batting Average
On-base + Slugging Percentage
Wins
Losses
Complete Games
Shutouts
Saves
Earned Runs
Home Runs
Strikeouts
Earned Run Average

timvp
02-16-2007, 08:42 PM
Mr. Dio
Melmart1
dallaskd
whottt
Das Texan
yavozerb
TPark
JB47
timvigga

dallaskd
02-17-2007, 11:12 PM
lets do this?

Mr Dio
02-18-2007, 02:04 AM
We need 1 more for 10.

Melmart1
02-18-2007, 02:21 AM
I wonder where Atlfan is, if he has seen this thread. He would prolly play, he is a huge baseball fan.

yavozerb
02-18-2007, 10:07 AM
have you guys already signed up your teams yet??

Mr Dio
02-18-2007, 11:26 AM
have you guys already signed up your teams yet??

We don't have the league sign-up info yet do we?
The sites almost always start releasing more draft slots when Spring Trng starts so this next wk we should prob have some sign-up/league info.

T Park
02-18-2007, 12:22 PM
8:15 am draft time?

Suhweet :lol

Horry For 3!
02-18-2007, 04:30 PM
8:15 am draft time?

Suhweet :lol
Kori said that the date could change as well as the time.

dallaskd
02-18-2007, 09:01 PM
can some one PM me the league info so i can join?

dallaskd
02-18-2007, 09:12 PM
on yahoo! you can have up too 20 teams at $25.00 a piece.

Melmart1
02-19-2007, 01:01 AM
can some one PM me the league info so i can join?
Duuude! calm the fuck down! it is still in the plannin stages, we don't even have quite enough yet.. if we go head-to-head, we need an even number of peeps, and right now (as far as I know) we have 9. Just check this thread, all the info will be posted here.

Pitchers and catchers barely reported.. at least wait till the bats report to deman league info! :lol

Mr Dio
02-19-2007, 01:22 AM
Pitchers and catchers barely reported..

I pitch myself. :lol

dallaskd
02-19-2007, 05:38 PM
im going to own you guys.

timvp
02-20-2007, 04:00 AM
Well like I said in this thread, you guys are supposed to PM me and I'll tell you how to pay and then I will give you the league sign up info.

Since I posted that not one of you (except Yazoverb) has PM'd me. So I will assume none of you are serious until you do.

--Kori

MajorMike
02-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Mr. Dio
Melmart1
dallaskd
whottt
Das Texan
yavozerb
TPark
JB47
timvigga
The Capn

FromWayDowntown
02-20-2007, 12:33 PM
I'll play.

TxJudsonRocketTx
02-20-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm in, how much we going anyways?

Mr. Dio
Melmart1
dallaskd
whottt
Das Texan
yavozerb
TPark
JB47
timvigga
The Capn
TxJudsonRocketTx

Melmart1
02-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Mr. Dio
Melmart1
dallaskd
whottt
Das Texan
yavozerb
TPark
JB47
timvigga
The Capn
FromWayDowntown
TxJudsonRocketTx

COOL! I think that is it, 12 peeps.

TXJudsonRocket: It is $25/each. Once Kori gets back from vacation, I am sure we will hammer out the rest of the details.

Johnny_Blaze_47
02-20-2007, 02:46 PM
And none of this 20 team shit, I don't want to have to start Steve Trachsel as my #2 starter.

FromWayDowntown
02-20-2007, 02:51 PM
And none of this 20 team shit, I don't want to have to start Steve Trachsel as my #2 starter.

I was hoping for a D-League component. A friend of mine is coaching a little league team that has a kid with a rocket arm and an explosive bat. I figured I'd pick him up -- that, or every baseball playing youngster in San Pedro de Macoris.

timvp
02-20-2007, 03:39 PM
COOL! I think that is it, 12 peeps.

TXJudsonRocket: It is $25/each. Once Kori gets back from vacation, I am sure we will hammer out the rest of the details.

Are you guys ignoring my posts on the matter on purpose? :lol

I have repeatedly said in this thread since the 16th that you guys ALL need to PM me, then I'll give you the payment info and then league login info. So far, none of you have PM'd me except Yazoverb.

So right now, I will assume two people are serious about playing, LJ and yazoverb. The rest of you haven't managed to even send me a PM. :lol

--Kori

yavozerb
02-20-2007, 03:46 PM
well you people please PM Kori so we can get this shit started!!

FromWayDowntown
02-20-2007, 03:52 PM
well you people please PM Kori so we can get this shit started!!

:nerd

Kori Ellis
02-22-2007, 03:42 AM
I got a lot of PMs from you guys while I was out of town. I responded to them all, I believe.

I also changed the draft time to:

Sat Mar 31 9:30pm CDT

If it doesn't work for everyone, then we can change it again as more slots open up.

FromWayDowntown
02-22-2007, 11:08 AM
Sat Mar 31 9:30pm CDT

For the record, I absolutely cannot participate in a draft at that time. I understand that it might change, but if it's going to be anytime over the weekend of March 30 - April 2, I'm not going to be able to play in this league. An optimal draft time for me would be the evening of March 29.

Kori Ellis
02-22-2007, 07:43 PM
For the record, I absolutely cannot participate in a draft at that time. I understand that it might change, but if it's going to be anytime over the weekend of March 30 - April 2, I'm not going to be able to play in this league. An optimal draft time for me would be the evening of March 29.

It doesn't have to be that time. I was just taking one of the open times.

Does the evening of March 29th work for everyone who is playing?

If so, I'll see if I can get an open time that day - last I looked they only had 8:00am and 4:00pm that day but they open up more times all the time.

yavozerb
02-22-2007, 10:43 PM
I am ok for anything before 6:00pm on that date.

Das Texan
02-23-2007, 01:36 AM
i dont even know when march 29 is.

Willinsa
02-26-2007, 01:37 PM
Is the league still open? I want in.

Kori Ellis
02-26-2007, 02:23 PM
The only people who have paid so far are TPark, timvp and Das Texan.

If anyone wants info, please PM me.

Kori Ellis
02-26-2007, 02:28 PM
For the draft, how do people feel about: Sat Mar 24 2:30pm CDT?

dallaskd
02-26-2007, 08:55 PM
no ill be in San Antonio. Any time after would be fine.

dallaskd
02-26-2007, 09:00 PM
^^in the evening would be best i have work in the morning and school in the afternoon.

Mr Dio
02-27-2007, 12:27 AM
I PM'd u didn't I?
My bad if so.
Plz send me info.

Kori Ellis
02-27-2007, 01:13 AM
How about Sunday the 25th?

T Park
02-27-2007, 02:59 AM
Saturday in the afternoon works the best for me.

FromWayDowntown
02-27-2007, 01:39 PM
If we're just talking about 2-3 hours, either the 24th or the 25th is fine with me.

dallaskd
02-27-2007, 05:38 PM
How about Sunday the 25th?

thats good.if its evening i can swing it.

Kori Ellis
02-27-2007, 06:00 PM
Sun Mar 25 5:45pm CDT ?

dallaskd
02-27-2007, 06:16 PM
good wit me

Kori Ellis
02-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Okay it's set for Sun Mar 25 5:45pm CDT until someone speaks up and says it's no good.

Willinsa
03-01-2007, 01:38 AM
Just paid, I am in.

Kori Ellis
03-01-2007, 01:50 AM
Just paid, I am in.

Got it. I sent you the Yahoo info on PM.

So far I have four people confirmed.

timvp
Das Texan
T Park
Willinsa

If some of you haven't messaged me for payment info, please do.

Kori Ellis
03-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Hellooooo, Dio, Melmart, etc. y'all were begging for this and now that I set it up you can't respond about the draft time?

Sun Mar 25 5:45pm CDT

Good?

TxJudsonRocketTx
03-01-2007, 04:34 PM
Ive had so much going on the last few weeks Kori I completely forgot about payment, is there still spots open?

Kori Ellis
03-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Ive had so much going on the last few weeks Kori I completely forgot about payment, is there still spots open?

Yes. Did I send you info on how to pay? If not, then PM me.

TxJudsonRocketTx
03-01-2007, 05:56 PM
Yes. Did I send you info on how to pay? If not, then PM me.

Yeah you did Ill send payment right now

Kori Ellis
03-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Thanks, I got your payment.

PAID

timvp
Das Texan
T Park
Willinsa
TxJudsonRocketTx

Melmart1
03-01-2007, 07:23 PM
Hellooooo, Dio, Melmart, etc. y'all were begging for this and now that I set it up you can't respond about the draft time?

Sun Mar 25 5:45pm CDT

Good?
Sorry, I was taking care of nephews all day while my mom and sister were at the emergency room. This time is fine. In fact, Thursdays are the only days that I have limitations. Sundays and any other day work very well for me.

I will pay you as soon as my next PayPal payment clears. I hate when people send e-checks :pctoss

Mr Dio
03-01-2007, 08:08 PM
Sorry, I was taking care of nephews all day while my mom and sister were at the emergency room. This time is fine. In fact, Thursdays are the only days that I have limitations. Sundays and any other day work very well for me.

I will pay you as soon as my next PayPal payment clears. I hate when people send e-checks :pctoss

Yeah, me too, I was taking care of my nephews whom I love dearly and just happen to be Japanese as well.
That day/time are good as of right now for me...........I will know by next Fri if it is 100% only because I will have a sched change and might work that day/time. I will try to switch it as my 1st option since that time works for everyone.

Have I ever mentioned how much I loved Tokyo? :lol

Kori Ellis
03-04-2007, 03:21 AM
So .. is anyone else who said they are going to play, going to pay and play?

If not, I'll start offering the spots to other people who have expressed interest.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-04-2007, 12:43 PM
I just paid, KE.

If a spot opens up, let me know and I'll send you a second entry fee for a friend of mine (not the guy who bailed on the football league).

Kori Ellis
03-04-2007, 01:00 PM
PAID

timvp
Das Texan
T Park
Willinsa
TxJudsonRocketTx
Johnny Blaze

I also got a money order from someone in L.A. but I forgot to write down the username. Please let me know who you are so I can send you the Yahoo login info. Thanks.

TheTruth
03-04-2007, 03:29 PM
Hey, I'd like to play. If anyone drops out, I'm game.

wakes
03-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Is there still room to join the baseball league? If so I'd probably be interested....

Mr Dio
03-04-2007, 04:34 PM
PAID

timvp
Das Texan
T Park
Willinsa
TxJudsonRocketTx
Johnny Blaze
Dio
Someone in L.A.

I just added Daddy to the list Kori, he sent the pesos via PayPal today.

Looks like 2 more available (unless we do 12 teams).
PM Kori for the PayPal info.

MELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

Mr Dio
03-04-2007, 04:36 PM
So .. is anyone else who said they are going to play, going to pay and play?

SoCalSpursFan
03-04-2007, 05:03 PM
Who won last year?

Oh yea. Me.

Kori Ellis
03-04-2007, 05:54 PM
PAID

timvp
Das Texan
T Park
Willinsa
TxJudsonRocketTx
Johnny Blaze
Dio
Someone in L.A.

I just added Daddy to the list Kori, he sent the pesos via PayPal today.

Looks like 2 more available (unless we do 12 teams).
PM Kori for the PayPal info.

MELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

We are doing 12 teams.

Kori Ellis
03-04-2007, 05:56 PM
I think these additional people are in

DallasKD
Yazoverb
Whottt
Melmart

Kori Ellis
03-04-2007, 05:56 PM
If more people want to play, let me know and we can have one 14-man league or if necessary, two 10-man leagues.

FromWayDowntown
03-04-2007, 06:21 PM
I think these additional people are in

DallasKD
Yazoverb
Whottt
Melmart

Wait -- does that mean I'm out?

Horry For 3!
03-04-2007, 08:04 PM
If you need more people if you decide to do 2 leagues of 10 then I will play.

yavozerb
03-04-2007, 08:23 PM
Kori should have the check in the mail by tomm. Need some stamps 1st.

Kori Ellis
03-04-2007, 09:49 PM
Wait -- does that mean I'm out?

:lol It just means I forgot about you. You are in.

Kori Ellis
03-05-2007, 03:50 AM
Paid

timvp
Das Texan
T Park
Willinsa
TxJudsonRocketTx
Johnny Blaze
Dio
slayer min

Waiting on Payment

DallasKD
Yazoverb
Whottt
Melmart
FromWayDowntown

Horry For 3!
03-05-2007, 06:50 PM
Paid

timvp
Das Texan
T Park
Willinsa
TxJudsonRocketTx
Johnny Blaze
Dio
slayer min

Waiting on Payment

DallasKD
Yazoverb
Whottt
Melmart
FromWayDowntown
Looks like you need to get 1 more person to make it an even 14 team league.

Kori Ellis
03-06-2007, 02:40 AM
Looks like you need to get 1 more person to make it an even 14 team league.

We have plenty of other people interested. I'm just waiting to see who pays of this group, then we'll go from there.

whottt
03-06-2007, 03:06 AM
Shit. I forgot to do this stuff. I am stil in. Will get it done today.

Kori Ellis
03-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Everyone who has paid needs to sign their team up on Yahoo. One of you hasn't done so (I assume its Dio but I am not sure).

FromWayDowntown
03-06-2007, 12:31 PM
I should be paid up now.

FromWayDowntown
03-06-2007, 02:18 PM
Are there no offensive bench players allowed in our league? I'd think we'd need to have at least a few, just to be sure that players who are injured but only briefly don't have to be dropped.

Actually, I'd suggest at least 4 bench spots for offensive players and 3 for pitchers. Otherwise, I think the balance of the league will get badly skewed by either: (1) owners having to hold onto injured players and keeping them in their lineups during times of injury; or (2) owners having to drop quality players who are injured to field a decent lineup, allowing owners who don't have injury problems to stash quality players who are released.

Kori Ellis
03-06-2007, 03:00 PM
There's 3 bench players total how it is set right now and one DL player. I don't think Yahoo distinguishes whether they are pitchers or anything else.

The settings aren't set. But I think I posted them a couple weeks ago and got absolutely ZERO feedback :lol

Kori Ellis
03-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Season Type: Full

Draft Type: Live Draft

Draft Time: Sun Mar 25 5:45pm CDT [ Add to My Calendar ]

Max Teams: 12 (COULD BE CHANGED TO 14)

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Player Universe: All baseball

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 1

Trade End Date: August 26, 2007

Waiver Time: 1 day

Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports

Trade Review: Commissioner

Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules

Min Innings Pitched: 7

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, DL

Stat Categories: edited in below post

Kori Ellis
03-06-2007, 03:04 PM
So, do you want six bench players total and two DL spots?

For active players, should it stay seven pitcher spots (SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P) how it is right now or lessen the pitchers?

FromWayDowntown
03-06-2007, 03:23 PM
I'd cut down on the stat categories, frankly. I think HR and OPS is double counting for home runs; I think BB and OPS double counts walks; I think H and AVG double count for hits. I'd pick one from each of those groups. I'd probably also go without K's, but that might just be me.

On the pitching side, I don't see the value in counting L's. I think ER and ERA are double counting. I'd rather see a category like WHIP than counting either ER or SHO -- particularly since many weeks the shutout totals will be 0-0.

Like I say, I think longer benches are necessary just to maintain the league's balance. Otherwise, a team that's hit with 3 injuries in one short period of time will be forced to decide between jettisoning 3 good players for 3 scrub replacements or choosing to be non-competitive while those players are injured. I don't see either choice as being a particularly good one.

Kori Ellis
03-06-2007, 05:01 PM
I'd cut down on the stat categories, frankly. I think HR and OPS is double counting for home runs; I think BB and OPS double counts walks; I think H and AVG double count for hits. I'd pick one from each of those groups. I'd probably also go without K's, but that might just be me.

On the pitching side, I don't see the value in counting L's. I think ER and ERA are double counting. I'd rather see a category like WHIP than counting either ER or SHO -- particularly since many weeks the shutout totals will be 0-0.

Like I say, I think longer benches are necessary just to maintain the league's balance. Otherwise, a team that's hit with 3 injuries in one short period of time will be forced to decide between jettisoning 3 good players for 3 scrub replacements or choosing to be non-competitive while those players are injured. I don't see either choice as being a particularly good one.

I'll make some changes to the stat categories and re-post them.

About the pitchers, do you want seven active pitchers each week as is? (I understand you want more bench players).

slayermin
03-06-2007, 05:04 PM
I also think there are too many duplicate categories. And I hope we at least eliminate errors from the list.

Here are the stats that I would prefer.

Stat Categories: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

or to keep the categories even for both hitting and pitching (6 each).

Stat Categories: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, OBP, W, SV, K, ERA, H, BB

Kori Ellis
03-06-2007, 05:04 PM
How are these for stat categories:

Stat Categories: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, E, W, L, CG, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

Kori Ellis
03-06-2007, 05:07 PM
How are these for stat categories:

Stat Categories: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, E, W, L, CG, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

If I take out errors and losses?

Is it good then?

Kori Ellis
03-06-2007, 05:09 PM
Well I don't think you should take out both strikeouts and errors for hitting. You have to have some kind of negative category for bad play.

Kori Ellis
03-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Well this is how it is right now:

R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K,
W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

I don't want to keep changing it a thousand times.

So everyone else can voice their opinion and then I'll decide and change it a final time.

So do you guys want seven active pitchers as is?

Do you want five bench players and two DL players?

slayermin
03-06-2007, 05:18 PM
Well I don't think you should take out both strikeouts and errors for hitting. You have to have some kind of negative category for bad play.

Just because a player commits less errors doesn't mean they are a better fielder. The players with more errors usually play the tougher positions in the infield. I have more respect for double plays turned than the amount of errors a player commits.

I would hate to have two quality third baseman but couldn't start one at the UTIL because I am worried about errors.

Kori Ellis
03-06-2007, 05:20 PM
Just because a player commits less errors doesn't mean they are a better fielder. The players with more errors usually play the tougher positions in the infield. I have more respect for double plays turned than the amount of errors a player commits.

I would hate to have two quality third baseman but couldn't start one at the UTIL because I am worried about errors.

Yeah, I have watched baseball, I realized that. :lol But you want to basically take any negative category- errors, strikeouts, losses for pitchers etc. I'm saying most fantasy leagues at least use one of them.

Right now I'd like some input about the positions, thanks :)

slayermin
03-06-2007, 05:24 PM
Well this is how it is right now:

R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K,
W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

I don't want to keep changing it a thousand times.

So everyone else can voice their opinion and then I'll decide and change it a final time.

So do you guys want seven active pitchers as is?

Do you want five bench players and two DL players?

I could live with the above stats. I'm not a big fan of K's for hitters but making contact is part of the game so it makes sense.

I am fine with the roster positions. If you added an extra bench and/or DL position, that would be fine with me as well.

Kori Ellis
03-06-2007, 05:29 PM
Okay these are the settings as of now. You all can make suggestions in this thread for the rest of the week and on Friday I'll make the final settings.

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
Stat Categories: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

Also this is the status of participants:

Paid

timvp
Das Texan
T Park
Willinsa
TxJudsonRocketTx
Johnny Blaze
Dio (I don't think he registered his team on Yahoo)
slayer min
FromWayDowntown

Waiting on Payment

DallasKD
Yazoverb
Whottt
Melmart

FromWayDowntown
03-06-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm against the negative category idea -- negative play is reflected in the numbers already; there's no sense in penalizing a team twice or more for a player's bad performance.

For instance, a starting pitcher who loses a game obviously doesn't win it. Team A starts that pitcher for the week and he loses twice; not only does Team A not get wins for those appearances (a detriment) it also gets penalized with 2 losses. I don't see the point. The same is true with Ks for hitters -- hitters who strike out a lot will suffer in the other categories.

I've played in lots of fantasy baseball leagues using lots of scoring formats, but I've never played in a league that uses Ks for hitters or Ls for pitchers.

I also think that the offensive categories need a ratio like AVG, OBP, SLG, or OPS.

I'd propose these categories:

Hitters: R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP
Pitchers: W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

I can live with the existing categories, though, but would prefer to see H and BB on the offensive side changed to OBP or OPS.

As for positions, I favor 25 man rosters, with the 9 offensive starters and the 7 pitchers like you've already set up. I guess that means that I favor deeper benches. I could live with roster sizes of 22-24 (6-8 reserves) plus 1 or 2 DL spots. Like I say, I just would prefer that owners not be discouraged to participate because they don't have sufficient flexibility to make roster moves during the season.

Kori Ellis
03-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Just keep in mind how long the draft is going to take if you start talking about adding more and more reserves.

Right now I have it at five reserves and two DL's.

dallaskd
03-06-2007, 05:44 PM
Gimme a couple hours. Ill send my payment.

FromWayDowntown
03-06-2007, 05:48 PM
Just keep in mind how long the draft is going to take if you start talking about adding more and more reserves.

Right now I have it at five reserves and two DL's.

It won't take that long if the time between picks is set at a relatively low number that is still reasonable (1 minute or 45 seconds).

In the league that Hf3 ran last year, I recall that we were able to conclude a 24-player, 12-team draft in about 3 hours.

Kori Ellis
03-06-2007, 05:53 PM
It won't take that long if the time between picks is set at a relatively low number that is still reasonable (1 minute or 45 seconds).

On Yahoo, you can't set the time for picks. It's 90 seconds.

Mr Dio
03-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Hey Kori, Can I register my team without the league info?
BTW, I have a new email.

Kori Ellis
03-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Hey Kori, Can I register my team without the league info?
BTW, I have a new email.

I gave you the league info on PM a few days ago.

Mr Dio
03-06-2007, 10:44 PM
I gave you the league info on PM a few days ago.

R U sure? I can't find it.
Maybe it was diff Mr Dio?

Kori Ellis
03-07-2007, 06:02 AM
Sent it again. :)

rascal
03-07-2007, 01:00 PM
Good points by FromWayDowntown, No negative stats are needed.

Kori go the 5x5 route for scoring. Thats the standard, what most leagues do.
I agree with the guys who opposed the double counting or over lapping of some categories.

5 offensive stats and 5 pitching stats

BA HR Runs RBI SB for the offensive stats
ERA WHIP (walk/hits per inning pitched) K W S

TxJudsonRocketTx
03-07-2007, 05:37 PM
Good points by FromWayDowntown, No negative stats are needed.

Kori go the 5x5 route for scoring. Thats the standard, what most leagues do.
I agree with the guys who opposed the double counting or over lapping of some categories.

5 offensive stats and 5 pitching stats

BA HR Runs RBI SB for the offensive stats
ERA WHIP (walk/hits per inning pitched) K W S

:clap good idea

yavozerb
03-07-2007, 06:36 PM
What is the payout going to be?

Kori Ellis
03-07-2007, 06:46 PM
Something like ...
First place - 60%
Second place - 30%
Third place - 10%

Kori Ellis
03-07-2007, 11:00 PM
Paid

timvp
Das Texan
T Park
Willinsa
TxJudsonRocketTx
Johnny Blaze
slayer min
FromWayDowntown
Dio (needs to sign up team)
Whottt (needs to sign up team)
Yazoverb (needs to sign up team)

Waiting on Payment

DallasKD
Melmart

Kori Ellis
03-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Any word from Melmart or DallasKD?

chode_regulator
03-08-2007, 11:00 PM
if one of them drops out let me know. im game to step in

Kori Ellis
03-09-2007, 12:47 PM
Paid

timvp
Das Texan
T Park
Willinsa
TxJudsonRocketTx
Johnny Blaze
slayer min
FromWayDowntown
Dio (needs to sign up team)
Whottt (needs to sign up team)
Yazoverb
Melmart (needs to sign up team)

Waiting on Payment

DallasKD - Are you still in?

Kori Ellis
03-09-2007, 12:52 PM
These are the rules now unless I hear major objections before Monday.

Draft Type: Live Draft
Draft Time: Sun Mar 25 5:45pm CDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Player Universe: All baseball
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 1
Trade End Date: August 26, 2007
Waiver Time: 1 day
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: Commissioner
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Min Innings Pitched: 7
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL
Stat Categories: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP

We will go with 12 teams unless DallasKD is actually playing - then we will go with 14.
Payouts will be 60%/30%/10% of the prize pool.

Melmart1
03-09-2007, 01:47 PM
OK, I am registered, guys! I think the stats are good as they are now, and I am looking forward to playing head-to-head this year, as this will be a new way of playing for me.

T Park
03-09-2007, 05:32 PM
can't wait to draft.

This will make baseball even more fun than normal!!! :)

chode_regulator
03-10-2007, 12:24 AM
oh shit chode rogulator is volunteering again
i dont think im wanted
i wonder why?

Kori Ellis
03-10-2007, 12:30 AM
i dont think im wanted
i wonder why?

You can play if we need a 14th person. I just don't know if we do. We have to wait and see.

Kori Ellis
03-10-2007, 11:52 AM
TEAMS

The Larry Davids - SlayerMin
Downtown's Diablos - FromWayDowntown
Roid Rage - Yazoverb
BALCO Bartokomous - Melmart
Swang Wide - TxJudsonRocketTX
Bexar Blaze - JohnnyBlaze
Burrs - DasTexan
WorldChampCardinals - T Park
The Outfielders - WillinSA
Mr Princess - timvp

WHOTTT AND DIO need to sign up their teams - it takes about a minute, so please do it.

DallasKD, are you still planning to play? If so, let me know soon. If not, we'll close the league at 12 teams.

T Park
03-10-2007, 01:05 PM
The Larry David's :lol

slayermin
03-11-2007, 01:32 AM
The Larry David's :lol

I'm only drafting anally retentive, neurotic, OCD types.

Is Wade Boggs still in the league?

dallaskd
03-11-2007, 04:25 PM
im gonna sit out.

Kori Ellis
03-11-2007, 04:55 PM
im gonna sit out.

Okay, that's fine. Maybe next year (or maybe football).

The league is closed at 12 teams then.

If more people want to play, I can open a second league.

Kori Ellis
03-11-2007, 04:56 PM
Looks like Mr. Dio (Los Chorizos) registered his team. So now, just Whottt needs to sign up and we are set.

Kori Ellis
03-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Payouts are as follows, unless there is a major objection. I don't think we should pay out further than 3rd in a twelve team league.

1st - $180
2nd - $90
3rd - $30

whottt
03-13-2007, 01:19 AM
Hey Kori...it won't let me join the league, I get an error message.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-13-2007, 01:28 AM
Hey Kori...it won't let me join the league, I get an error message.

Make sure you're not clicking Baseball PLUS.

Try this link, you'll probably have to login.

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/register/joinleague?.scrumb=amQKx6Jz0VY

whottt
03-13-2007, 04:53 AM
Make sure you're not clicking Baseball PLUS.

Try this link, you'll probably have to login.

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/register/joinleague?.scrumb=amQKx6Jz0VY

Cool, thx Blaze.

yavozerb
03-13-2007, 08:35 AM
Kori, well we know draft order prior to draft day?

Kori Ellis
03-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Kori, well we know draft order prior to draft day?

Yes, I'll use a randomizer to get the order and then post it and input it.

yavozerb
03-13-2007, 05:04 PM
Whottt, sign you team up this week if you can figure out how!!The sooner I found out what the draft order well be, the sooner I can come up with a plan to kick everyones butt!

Kori Ellis
03-14-2007, 02:30 PM
Umm.. Whottt? Can you sign up your freakin team? :)

whottt
03-14-2007, 05:12 PM
My team has been signed up since yesterday after Blaze posted that link. I am the RagingRoiders or something like that.

Kori Ellis
03-14-2007, 05:21 PM
My team has been signed up since yesterday after Blaze posted that link. I am the RagingRoiders or something like that.

A few hours ago, it still only showed 11 teams.

Now you are there :wtf

Okay I'm going to randomize the draft order.

whottt
03-14-2007, 05:22 PM
LOL I guess I never confirmed it, and now I see my team name is almost the same as Yazoverbds...

Can you change my team name? LMAO.

Something like theScrewballs or something like that.

Kori Ellis
03-14-2007, 05:26 PM
No, I can't change it. I can delete it and then you can sign up again? or I can just leave it.

whottt
03-14-2007, 05:32 PM
Delete me real quick and I'll sign up again...if you don't mind.

Kori Ellis
03-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Okay, give me a few minutes.

whottt
03-14-2007, 05:39 PM
You're a good woman Kori.

Kori Ellis
03-14-2007, 05:39 PM
Go add your new team

whottt
03-14-2007, 05:55 PM
Done!

Kori Ellis
03-14-2007, 06:07 PM
I used profantasysports.com randomizer and here's the draft order:

1 1 Roid Rage (yazoverb)
1 2 Swang Wide (TXJudsonRocket)
1 3 WorldChampCardinals (T Park)
1 4 The Outfielders (WillinSA)
1 5 Los Chorizos (Mr Dio)
1 6 Downtown Diablos (FromWayDowntown)
1 7 Burrs (das texan)
1 8 Bexar Blaze (Johnny Blaze)
1 9 The Screwballs (Whottt)
1 10 Mr Princess (timvp)
1 11 BALCO Bartokomous (Melmart)
1 12 The Larry Davids (slayermin)

It's serpentined after that.

Das Texan
03-14-2007, 10:11 PM
picking in the middle of the pack.

decent.

TxJudsonRocketTx
03-15-2007, 01:17 AM
Wow never had a pick this high in any draft ever in three years of playing fantasy sports, better make the best of it

T Park
03-19-2007, 06:08 PM
3rd pick...

No Pujols or Howard. But Arod should be there.

The studying commences.

FromWayDowntown
03-19-2007, 07:39 PM
3rd pick...

No Pujols or Howard. But Arod should be there.

The studying commences.

I'd be shocked if Howard was off the board after the 2nd pick.

Shocked, I tell you.

By the way, I play in another fantasy baseball league that uses an auction for player dispersal. We have a limited keeper system that largely penalizes owners for keeping players with high first-year contracts, like Pujols or ARod. Each owner has $500 to procure players through a competitive bidding process. This year, one guy spent a league record $104 on Pujols and another $93 on ARod. Through our keeper system, he was able to acquire Howard as a waiver pickup for $1 two years ago and has to pay an additional $15 each year to keep him, so he has Howard this year for the bargain-basement price of $31. Talk about a crazy good offensive team.

Willinsa
03-19-2007, 07:40 PM
I have the 4th pick and not sure who to get.

yavozerb
03-19-2007, 08:38 PM
Who to pick #1?? I think I will go with....

T Park
03-19-2007, 10:15 PM
if you didnt go Pujols Id say you were nuts.

Pujols is by far and away the fantasy number 1.

slayermin
03-19-2007, 10:34 PM
if you didnt go Pujols Id say you were nuts.

Pujols is by far and away the fantasy number 1.

Pujols, Soriano, or Santana would be my choice. It would take me up to the last minute to decide.

Melmart1
03-19-2007, 11:00 PM
I dunno, I think I may go pitchers before sluggers. The one advantage to being near the bottom in a snake draft is that you don't have to wait long to see if your 2nd choice is there.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-20-2007, 02:07 PM
I was thinking of making plans for Sunday night's game, but somehow, I don't think I would make it to wherever I end up going by 8 p.m.

I just did the math and if everybody took the alloted time to make their picks, the draft would take a shade over seven hours.

T Park
03-22-2007, 12:15 AM
7 hours...

holy friggen cow.

Im going to a indycar race in Miami on saturday and it starts at 8.

SOB!!!

Why couldn't this have started at 5 on sunday now :lol

T Park
03-23-2007, 11:18 PM
My bad :lmao I just read again it is sunday at 5.

Hopefully I have internet friggen access at that time.

I can't figure out how to get signed on through a broadband cable on Windows Vista.

Fucking Bill Gates.

T Park
03-25-2007, 12:44 AM
Just curious Kori if you figured out how you and LJ are gonna do the draft if your at channel 4.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Anybody having trouble logging into the draft?

slayermin
03-25-2007, 05:31 PM

Yeah, me. The connection to the server keeps dropping out.

FromWayDowntown
03-25-2007, 05:32 PM

Me, too.

Johnny_Blaze_47
03-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Who's the lucky person that gets to text message the Commish?

slayermin
03-25-2007, 05:33 PM
And I think the countdown was off an hour.