PDA

View Full Version : Sports Illustrated ranks top 10 Super Bowl MVPS

Fillmoe
01-26-2007, 05:31 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0701/gallery.nfl.superbowlmvp/content.10.html

guess who owns the top 5 again?

mardigan
01-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Lynn Swann?

pooh
01-26-2007, 07:22 PM
How in the hell does SI think that Steve "My owner went out and bought a title" Young is number one in the Super Bowl MVP top 10? I'm sure Peter "I just got off the phone with..." King had a hand in that. Surely Aikman, Emmitt or hell...Staubach deserved some consideration!

Fillmoe
01-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Fuck your cowsissies team..... no one is giving 2 shits about them. Dont ruin this thread about the best team ever... the SF NINERS!

Pugglekicker_21
01-26-2007, 09:28 PM
Comeback Joe for #1!!

Slinkyman
01-28-2007, 02:21 AM
i saw alot of broncos there, in the background, getting owned. :lol

P-O-Z
01-28-2007, 12:16 PM
John Riggins i no his son me and him play high school football together

johnsmith
01-28-2007, 12:46 PM
i saw alot of broncos there, in the background, getting owned. :lol

Yeah, we thought it was fun to make other teams look REALLY good for a few super bowls there.

BradLohaus
02-04-2007, 03:36 AM
LOL not a single pick from the greatest franchise in NFL history. They love to hate on America's team.

kingsfan
02-04-2007, 12:10 PM
Fuck your cowsissies team..... no one is giving 2 shits about them. Dont ruin this thread about the best team ever... the SF NINERS!http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/clap.gif Well said my friend

BradLohaus
02-07-2007, 04:39 PM
The Cowboys are one of the most successful teams in the history of the NFL, holding the league records for most consecutive winning seasons (20, from 1966 to 1985) and most seasons with at least 10 wins (24). The team has earned the most postseason appearances (27, as of 2004, which includes another league record of 54 postseason games, winning 32 of them), the most appearances in the NFC Championship Game (14), and the most Super Bowl appearances (8), two more than any other NFL team. The Cowboys also played in 2 NFL championship games before the NFL-AFL merger. The Cowboys became the first team in NFL history to win 3 Super Bowls in just 4 years (a feat that has been matched only once since, by the New England Patriots). They are also tied with the San Francisco 49ers and the Pittsburgh Steelers for having the most Super Bowl wins (5). :king

johnsmith
02-07-2007, 04:43 PM
The Cowboys are one of the most successful teams in the history of the NFL, holding the league records for most consecutive winning seasons (20, from 1966 to 1985) and most seasons with at least 10 wins (24). The team has earned the most postseason appearances (27, as of 2004, which includes another league record of 54 postseason games, winning 32 of them), the most appearances in the NFC Championship Game (14), and the most Super Bowl appearances (8), two more than any other NFL team. The Cowboys also played in 2 NFL championship games before the NFL-AFL merger. The Cowboys became the first team in NFL history to win 3 Super Bowls in just 4 years (a feat that has been matched only once since, by the New England Patriots). They are also tied with the San Francisco 49ers and the Pittsburgh Steelers for having the most Super Bowl wins (5). :king

This is the end all argument for Cowboys fans whenever I debate them on anything. Having said that, it's a pretty damn good argument.

God I hate the Cowboys.

PixelPusher
02-07-2007, 04:43 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0701/gallery.nfl.superbowlmvp/content.10.html

guess who owns the top 5 again?
I can't believe Larry Brown didn't make the cut. :dramaquee

StylisticS
02-07-2007, 05:01 PM
This is the end all argument for Cowboys fans whenever I debate them on anything. Having said that, it's a pretty damn good argument.

God I hate the Cowboys.
don't ya just love my sig :lol

johnsmith
02-07-2007, 05:03 PM
don't ya just love my sig :lol

Your sig is exactly right too. "No wonder everyone hates the Cowboys". Cowboys fans should enjoy the fact that everyone hates them, they've earned it. A franchise has done well when most everyone hates them. Just ask the Patriots of today.

J.T.
02-07-2007, 05:17 PM
It's great to be a Boys hater now though. Especially after this season when they got ROMOWNED after sucking his cock all season. Poetic justice if I ever saw it.

johnsmith
02-07-2007, 05:19 PM
It's great to be a Boys hater now though. Especially after this season when they got ROMOWNED after sucking his cock all season. Poetic justice if I ever saw it.

Eh, it's been great to be a Cowboys hater for the past 10 years.

J.T.
02-07-2007, 05:43 PM
Eh, it's been great to be a Cowboys hater for the past 10 years.

Yeah but all the ROMO = JESUS crap this season made his fuckup on the hold that much better. And that he so easily could've scored and didn't. It was excellent.

Extra Stout
02-07-2007, 06:20 PM
LOL not a single pick from the greatest franchise in NFL history. They love to hate on America's team.
None of the Cowboys' MVP performances in the Super Bowl rank in the top 10. Emmitt ran for 132 yards; the RB's on the list ran for more. Aikman threw for 270-something yards, all the QB's but Namath* put up better numbers.
Larry Brown's MVP comes courtesy of Neil O'Donnell's awful play. Howley won on the losing team in a game where nobody played well. Martin and White were symbolic of a great defensive effort by the whole unit.

*Namath doesn't belong on that list anyway; he was steady, but he won for the same reason Peyton just did: star power. The Jets' defensive line and secondary dominated that game. Tom Brady in Super Bowl XXXVIII should replace him on that list.

While I really hold no vitriol towards the Cowboys themselves, their fans are prone to whining, as in this instance.

StylisticS
02-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Aikman threw for 270-something yards
22/30 for 270 yards with 4 touchdown passes doesn't at least get consideration? It's not his fault that many of the scoring drives started in Buffalo's territory. I can understand Emmitt and Larry but Troy could be considered.

Joe Namath's or Montana's numbers weren't that much better in SB 24.

BeerIsGood!
02-07-2007, 07:33 PM
None of the Cowboys' MVP performances in the Super Bowl rank in the top 10. Emmitt ran for 132 yards; the RB's on the list ran for more. Aikman threw for 270-something yards, all the QB's but Namath* put up better numbers.
Larry Brown's MVP comes courtesy of Neil O'Donnell's awful play. Howley won on the losing team in a game where nobody played well. Martin and White were symbolic of a great defensive effort by the whole unit.

*Namath doesn't belong on that list anyway; he was steady, but he won for the same reason Peyton just did: star power. The Jets' defensive line and secondary dominated that game. Tom Brady in Super Bowl XXXVIII should replace him on that list.

While I really hold no vitriol towards the Cowboys themselves, their fans are prone to whining, as in this instance.

Show me a team who's fans don't whine and I'll say you're full of shit.

Extra Stout
02-07-2007, 07:46 PM
22/30 for 270 yards with 4 touchdown passes doesn't at least get consideration? It's not his fault that many of the scoring drives started in Buffalo's territory. I can understand Emmitt and Larry but Troy could be considered.

Joe Namath's or Montana's numbers weren't that much better in SB 24.
Montana threw for 297 yards and five touchdowns in SB XXIV. He gets the nod over Aikman.

Namath shouldn't be on the list in the first place.

Extra Stout
02-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Cowboys fans are prone to unusual fits of whining and claims of persecution, compared to fans of other teams.

You know how Spurs fans whine about persecution? Like that, except that the Cowboys are the NFL equivalent of the Lakers.

I really first experienced this in 1994, when the 49ers beat the Cowboys in the NFC Championship game. The Cowboys played like garbage and went down 21-0 before losing 38-28. I had to listen to people from Dallas whining for four weeks about how the NFL had a conspiracy to keep Dallas from three-peating, about how the officials must have been homosexuals who wanted to see SF win, about how Steve Young is a poo-poo head, etc. Lots of fans do this, but seriously it was all they ever talked about until early February. And don't forget, the Cowboys played like absolute crap and had no business winning.

So really, I'd say Cowboy fan is the Laker fan of the NFL. That said, I like the team OK and I hope Romo pans out.

BradLohaus
02-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Cowboys fans are prone to unusual fits of whining and claims of persecution, compared to fans of other teams.

You know how Spurs fans whine about persecution? Like that, except that the Cowboys are the NFL equivalent of the Lakers.

I really first experienced this in 1994, when the 49ers beat the Cowboys in the NFC Championship game. The Cowboys played like garbage and went down 21-0 before losing 38-28. I had to listen to people from Dallas whining for four weeks about how the NFL had a conspiracy to keep Dallas from three-peating, about how the officials must have been homosexuals who wanted to see SF win, about how Steve Young is a poo-poo head, etc. Lots of fans do this, but seriously it was all they ever talked about until early February. And don't forget, the Cowboys played like absolute crap and had no business winning.

So really, I'd say Cowboy fan is the Laker fan of the NFL. That said, I like the team OK and I hope Romo pans out.

Whoa, I didn't see that last sentence coming!

Marklar MM
02-07-2007, 11:05 PM

I am a Lion's fan. We don't whine. We bitch at the ownership who really doesn't give a flying fuck about how good the team is because they sell out the stadium every week. That is true fanship...continually selling out the stadium, even when you have the worst team for the last 60 or so years.

BeerIsGood!
02-08-2007, 12:49 AM
I am a Lion's fan. We don't whine. We bitch at the ownership who really doesn't give a flying fuck about how good the team is because they sell out the stadium every week. That is true fanship...continually selling out the stadium, even when you have the worst team for the last 60 or so years.

Sounds like whining to me, just of a different sort. Just because you whine doesn't mean you don't have a point, and Lions fans definitely have a point in whining about inept ownership. Just like Cardinal's fans.

On a side note - filling an inept and uncaring owner's pockets full of your money probably isn't the best way to get results from him.