PDA

View Full Version : Hotel Question

slayermin
01-26-2007, 05:49 PM
I'm staying in a non-smoking hotel and they have signs everywhere that states they will charge a $250.00 room recovery fee if you smoke in your room. This is the first time I have ever seen a recovery room fee.

My question is how do they determine if you smoked in your room? Do they ask the maid if she detected a cigarette odor when she cleans the room?

Just curious.

midgetonadonkey
01-26-2007, 05:51 PM
I've smoked in every single non-smoking room I've stayed in. I wouldn't worry about it. Just blaze up and enjoy.

spurs_fan_in_exile
01-26-2007, 05:54 PM
Just tell them the hooker you brought to your room was smoking. I don't see how they can charge for that.

slayermin
01-26-2007, 05:56 PM
Just tell them the hooker you brought to your room was smoking. I don't see how they can charge for that.

Do you mean the massage therapist? :lol

Kori Ellis
01-26-2007, 06:01 PM
I knew someone who got charged $500 for smoking in a non-smoking room (they left behind an ashtray :lol).

polandprzem
01-26-2007, 06:09 PM
It is mostly they are asking the maid, but ofcourse sometimes you will check out in time as maid is not that close to your room.

CubanMustGo
01-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Smokers: trust me. If you light up more than one or two it is incredibly obvious to non-smokers that you lit up during your stay. Don't risk it.

The new "smoke it and pay" policy is something that has just started up fairly recently. I would be really surprised if someone somewhere doesn't start a "smoker's hotel" franchise to capture that segment of the market.

T Park
01-26-2007, 07:09 PM
I would be really surprised if someone somewhere doesn't start a "smoker's hotel" franchise to capture that segment of the market.

Until the Democrats have it banned in all places.

I believe New York they are trying to get it banned on public sidewalks and possibly homes.

Melmart1
01-26-2007, 07:35 PM
When my roommate used to smoke pot in the house and didnt want it to smell he used to go into the bathroom, stuff dryer sheets in the crack between the door and floor and turn on the vent. It seemed to work really well, it barely smelled at all after about two hours, just spray a little freshener

polandprzem
01-26-2007, 07:37 PM
it is good we have a smoking hotel :)

polandprzem
01-26-2007, 07:38 PM
well but I am always mad when the smokerd do smoke

fookers!

boutons_
01-26-2007, 07:52 PM
Non-smoking rooms don't reek of smoke before you take the room, so when the cleaning crew goes in after you check out and smells your polluted room, they tell the front desk who will hit your credit card for the penalty.

tsb2000
01-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Some places get sly and put in silent smoke detectors as well. I wouldn't risk the extra bill.

polandprzem
01-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Non-smoking rooms don't reek of smoke before you take the room, so when the cleaning crew goes in after you check out and smells your polluted room, they tell the front desk who will hit your credit card for the penalty.

Is that legal?

If you do not have a signature from the bill from the cards terminal the guest may say it is illegal, and you have no prove that he was smokeing.

boutons_
01-26-2007, 08:01 PM
I bet when you sign in for a non-smoking room, you signing/contracting not to smoke.

It costs quit a bit of time and effort to deodorize a room.

Don't be an asshole. Reserve a smoking room and smoke away. If you burn the hotel down, I don't think they can do anything to you.

polandprzem
01-26-2007, 08:06 PM
I bet when you sign in for a non-smoking room, you signing/contracting not to smoke.

It costs quit a bit of time and effort to deodorize a room.

Don't be an asshole. Reserve a smoking room and smoke away. If you burn the hotel down, I don't think they can do anything to you.

Was it an answer to my question?

The situation is like that - You go and checking out - front desk is calling the maid - you leave the hotel - maid tells the desk taht the guy was smokeing.
What the hotel can do?
If the guy was paying cash for excample?
Call cops and tell them that someone was smokeing in the hotel? (all in all they have got all the information from the ID)

slayermin
01-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Well, the entire hotel is non-smoking. I couldn't reserve a smoking room becasue they don't have any. They do have a small designated smoking area.

I didn't plan on smoking except maybe in the bathroom. But after reading the hotel's policy, they sound pretty serious about enforcing the fee.

Here is an explanation of the policy.

"This policy will be part of our Quality Assurance process. We are training our associates to respond. For example, housekeepers will be taught to look out for signs of smoking in the hotel. Guests will be reminded at the point of reservations and upon arrival that smoking is not allowed. Pre-arrival email notifications will also include a reference to the policy. There will be a significant room recovery fee for guests who do not comply in order to cover the extensive cost of restoring guest rooms to a smoke-free condition."

It's probably more of a scare tactic since you would practically have to have the smoking gun, or in this case, a smoking fag in your hand for them to charge you. Or of course, if you leave evidence of smoking behind like Kori eluded to.

Lady Marmalade
01-26-2007, 10:14 PM
I have worked at a hotel front desk and also now still work for a hotel at reservations desk. Our band went nonsmoking in America and Canada. So all our brands are nonsmoking. We tell every one that and most people are thrilled. Sometimes if we forget and they ask for a smoking room we say that the room is nonsmoking and there is a fee for smoking in the room as well as there are designated smoking areas. Our hotels actually lost money b/c sometimes having only smoking rooms available.

If they pay cash they might require that the guest leave a deposit at the desk, which can also be incase the use long distance phone calls etc.

ploto
01-26-2007, 10:35 PM
I have worked at a hotel front desk and also now still work for a hotel at reservations desk. Our band went nonsmoking in America and Canada. So all our brands are nonsmoking. We tell every one that and most people are thrilled. Sometimes if we forget and they ask for a smoking room we say that the room is nonsmoking and there is a fee for smoking in the room as well as there are designated smoking areas. Our hotels actually lost money b/c sometimes having only smoking rooms available.
I only stay at Marriott for this reason. It is a private business establishment and they have the right to tell you that you can't smoke there.

TDMVPDPOY
01-26-2007, 10:50 PM
get the maid tosuck ur dick, fuck ciggy odour

polandprzem
01-27-2007, 05:29 AM

If they pay cash they might require that the guest leave a deposit at the desk, which can also be incase the use long distance phone calls etc.

So were you asking for the additional money just in case?
And was there a situation you took money from the card without a permission?

Slomo
01-27-2007, 06:19 AM
So were you asking for the additional money just in case?
And was there a situation you took money from the card without a permission?They don't take money off your card without your permission. When you check in they ask for a credit card imprint (although it's mostly done electronically now) as a GUARANTEE for payment of your hotel costs - some hotels actually ask you to sign a paper stating that you agree with this, even though this is a generally accepted practice and probably explained in some fine print somewhere. So if you check out and some additional costs are discovered (like an empty mini bar fridge :) ) they have your card number and your agreement/guarantee from the check in.

In case you don't have a credit card (or don't want to use one) they will ask you for some other form of guarantee at check in (that's a polite way to ask for cash). I also guarantee you that the staff will be paying much more attention to you and your room because they don't have the safety that a credit card imprint offers.

And just for all the east european on the board, where hotel/travel formality are different, when they imprint your card at check-in they usually reserve the amount of your full stay on your card's account - they do it so that they know your card is good enough to pay for your stay. Although the money is not charged until you check out, the sum will go against your credit card daily/weekly limit, which could get you in trouble later that day/week.

On my first trip to the US I made sure I had extra credit on my 2 cards (in 1982 2 cards was the max you could have) and left for a month long trip. So I rent a car at LAX and go to check in into my hotel for a 10 days stay - no problem there. But I maxed out my card against its weekly limit, because in those days the limit for an east european card was ridiculously low, so my mastercard was useless for the rest of the week despite having more than enough funds/credit on it left. Oh and 100$ dollars bills were, and probably still are, just as useless in LA as a maxed out card :spin.

polandprzem
01-27-2007, 07:55 AM
hehe Slomo

Well I work in a hotel, and that was an interesting thing with this smokeing.

We always asks while making a reservations for a CC number and we are checking the card (if someone is new to our hotel). But while checking tye card there are money on it, but you do not know if they gonna be after the guest will check out.
cass? We want a prepayment for the first night.

But as many times happened the guests do not telling if they were using the MiniBar and they are leaving the hotel and then we have to pay for the use of the MB.

But mostly we have buisiness guys. and that is a good thing as many taking the invoices and the companies paying for them.

Kori Ellis
01-27-2007, 09:59 AM
If you smoke in a non-smoking room, they can charge you for steam cleaning or replacing the drapes, cleaning the carpets, etc.

Even if the average person can't tell, a person who is allergic to smoke can tell easily if you smoked in a room. Even if you only smoke in the bathroom or leave a window open.

Anyway, it's not worth doing, because they can definitely charge your card after you leave "without permission". When you register with the hotel and sign in, read the small print.

For a short period, I worked in hotel reservations in Laughlin, NV. We definitely charged people for smoking in non-smoking rooms.

polandprzem
01-27-2007, 11:04 AM
Yup but how you gonna prove it Kori - thats the point

Vinnie_Johnson
01-27-2007, 11:31 AM
I've smoked in every single non-smoking room I've stayed in. I wouldn't worry about it. Just blaze up and enjoy.

Your the reason my nonsmoking room smells like smoke thanks a-hole
:dramaquee

AlamoSpursFan
01-27-2007, 11:31 AM
I wish I could charge the freaking hotel back every time the goddamn maid knocks on the goddamn door when I have the goddamn DO NOT GODDAMN DISTURB sign hanging on the knob!!!

"Does 'Do Not Disturb' mean 'knock immediately' in Spanish?" -- Bill Hicks

I mean seriously, if check out time is 11am WTF are they knocking on doors at 9 am?

[/frequent hotel stayer rant]

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-27-2007, 12:48 PM
I wish I could charge the freaking hotel back every time the goddamn maid knocks on the goddamn door when I have the goddamn DO NOT GODDAMN DISTURB sign hanging on the knob!!!

"Does 'Do Not Disturb' mean 'knock immediately' in Spanish?" -- Bill Hicks

I mean seriously, if check out time is 11am WTF are they knocking on doors at 9 am?

[/frequent hotel stayer rant]

That's why you use the Spanish side of the card, goober.

Lady Marmalade
01-27-2007, 03:53 PM
I only stay at Marriott for this reason. It is a private business establishment and they have the right to tell you that you can't smoke there.

That's where I work. It was all secret to go nonsmoking, we got a memo and the hotels has so long to comply and at reservations we could no longer take smoking requests in the US. I was thrilled. Many people do not want to be in smoking rooms, which makes them darn near impossible to sale.

A side note the Fairfeild Inn by Marriott ( close to the airport ) here in San Antonio was nonsmoking before the US was nonsmoking. And they charge $200 dollars for smoking there in a nonsmoking room. If you don't like it stay at another brand. Or smoke in degsignated smoking areas like at work.... Also do you smoke in your house??? That's stinky

slayermin
01-27-2007, 07:57 PM
That's where I work. It was all secret to go nonsmoking, we got a memo and the hotels has so long to comply and at reservations we could no longer take smoking requests in the US. I was thrilled. Many people do not want to be in smoking rooms, which makes them darn near impossible to sale.

A side note the Fairfeild Inn by Marriott ( close to the airport ) here in San Antonio was nonsmoking before the US was nonsmoking. And they charge $200 dollars for smoking there in a nonsmoking room. If you don't like it stay at another brand. Or smoke in degsignated smoking areas like at work.... Also do you smoke in your house??? That's stinky

Thanks for the response. Your post pretty much made my decision for me.

polandprzem
01-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Once again - how you prove that the guest have been smokeing in a room?

Lady Marmalade
01-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Once again - how you prove that the guest have been smokeing in a room?

Thankfully that's not part of my job. I'm not at a hotel now. So I don't have to deal with that, I just have to quote it when on the phone making the reservations. Probably the housekeepers report it to their manager who checks it out and makes the call. And/or when another guests checks in and says it smells like smoke. I guess in theory you could try and "tip" the housekeeper very well not to tell.... But is that worth it???

polandprzem
01-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Thankfully that's not part of my job. I'm not at a hotel now. So I don't have to deal with that, I just have to quote it when on the phone making the reservations. Probably the housekeepers report it to their manager who checks it out and makes the call. And/or when another guests checks in and says it smells like smoke. I guess in theory you could try and "tip" the housekeeper very well not to tell.... But is that worth it???

well the problem is in takeing the money from a person who was smokeing, yup you can take the money from the card but it is illegal as you do not have a permission from him and he/she do not plead gulity.

The problem is not not with whether he or she was smokeing and our knowledge about it.

btw - quite an easy job only making reservations :)

Slomo
01-28-2007, 04:22 AM
well the problem is in takeing the money from a person who was smokeing, yup you can take the money from the card but it is illegal as you do not have a permission from him and he/she do not plead gulity.

The problem is not not with whether he or she was smokeing and our knowledge about it.

btw - quite an easy job only making reservations :)That's what I was trying to explain in my previous post. You DO have the guests permission to charge his/her card.

When you check into a hotel you enter a business relationship with the hotel, where you agree to pay for a service that they provide. As with any agreement there are conditions to be met by both sides. If it's a non smoking room and it clearly says that they don't want you to smoke in it then you either agree with this or go elsewhere.

When you smoke in a non smoking room you have caused damage to the room (it costs money to restore it to a smoke/smell free room) - just like if you broke a chair or smashed a lamp in the room, and you would be charged for such damage wouldn't you?

And in your previous post you said you charged the guest the first night stay on his card when the check in. It's not how it works elsewhere, they swipe you card upon check in but charge you nothing, it just puts a reserve on your card for a certain amount. When you check out that amount is then defined and charged (and if you damaged the room - the repairs will be part of that amount).

polandprzem
01-28-2007, 10:09 AM
That's what I was trying to explain in my previous post. You DO have the guests permission to charge his/her card.

When you check into a hotel you enter a business relationship with the hotel, where you agree to pay for a service that they provide. As with any agreement there are conditions to be met by both sides. If it's a non smoking room and it clearly says that they don't want you to smoke in it then you either agree with this or go elsewhere.

When you smoke in a non smoking room you have caused damage to the room (it costs money to restore it to a smoke/smell free room) - just like if you broke a chair or smashed a lamp in the room, and you would be charged for such damage wouldn't you?

And in your previous post you said you charged the guest the first night stay on his card when the check in. It's not how it works elsewhere, they swipe you card upon check in but charge you nothing, it just puts a reserve on your card for a certain amount. When you check out that amount is then defined and charged (and if you damaged the room - the repairs will be part of that amount).

No Slomo. The agreement etc. yup that is all allright, and the hotel have the right to charge the guest who was smokeing. But how to prove him that?
he might be mad about the charge he would not plead guilty about it.
What damege?! I was not smokeing!

We only takeing prepayment from the unknown guests to be sure he has the money to pay for the night. Excample - the walk-in.

And this making a room (money) in the card. We had problems (as I've heard) with guest, they always were mad why we took the money. Cause you know, most people got the informations from banks on their cell phones. So we stopped that precedure.

many situations may happen, one of my collegues was quite lucky as guest was checking out paied and said that she just wants the laggage from the room and then goes on a breakfast.
Good that housekeeper checked the minibar. It was empty. How the guest explained the situation? "Well I thought it was all free" . My a$$. And the funny thing is that this receptionist would pay for the minibar which is about 1/4 of month earnings.

And if the guest would keave how you charge him for the Mini Bar?
Even if he was paying with card. Well no doubt about it - we would charge it from the card IF there was still money on it :)
But again we do not have a signature of the guest after accepting the charging from the card terminal.

ploto
01-28-2007, 10:54 AM
In the US you can add the mini-bar charges after the person checks out. It just works that way. Even if things are not discovered until after you are gone, they can be added.

Slomo, I have stayed at hotels that even "hold" on your card not only the cost of the hotel room, but an additional amount in case of room service, phone calls, etc...

leemajors
01-28-2007, 11:10 AM
That's what I was trying to explain in my previous post. You DO have the guests permission to charge his/her card.

yup, they take the card for "incidental charges" like room service. they could pretty much put whatever they wanted on there, as long as it is listed on your bill when you check out. a smoker contesting a charge for smoking in a non-smoking room would be laughed out of any small claims court, and not even worth the legal fees.

polandprzem
01-28-2007, 11:22 AM
In the US you can add the mini-bar charges after the person checks out. It just works that way. Even if things are not discovered until after you are gone, they can be added.

Slomo, I have stayed at hotels that even "hold" on your card not only the cost of the hotel room, but an additional amount in case of room service, phone calls, etc...

Okay - everything is clear now. We do charge for the minibar without permission...
The problem is when the guest is paying with cash ...

And the Q is - when he made the smokeing damage you need to inform the guest right?

Slomo
01-28-2007, 12:09 PM
Slomo, I have stayed at hotels that even "hold" on your card not only the cost of the hotel room, but an additional amount in case of room service, phone calls, etc...Yes, I've seen that a few times as well. And I don't mind since they are usually reasonable sums in proportions with the price of the room. It was however a problem the first time I traveled to the US because then it was not yet common practice in Europe and caught me a little off guard. Now everybody does it that way with the exception of some of the east European countries where even credit cards are a fairly recent thing (I got my first CC in 1986 and only because I started working for a tourist agency and my job description required me to travel abroad - in those days you had to know somebody important to get one :lol)

Poland,
As you allow the hotel to take a blank swipe of your card at check-in you also allow them to charge you any extras that you might have "forgotten" upon leaving - no signature needed. Whether there's money on the card or not is the problem of the credit card company - if the transaction has been authorized (at check in) the hotel will get paid - the rest is between the client and his bank/CC company.
In the case of cash payment they will expect a deposit roughly the amount of the cost of your stay, and as people from the hotel industry will confirm, the maids and others will be keeping an eye on you (the minibar will be checked when your standing at the reception desk checking-out...).

I've stayed at some pretty nice hotels in my life, and they all keep track of how much you're spending and whether you can afford it - the good ones just do it so discreetly you don't even notice it :)

Slomo
01-28-2007, 12:11 PM
And the Q is - when he made the smokeing damage you need to inform the guest right?It will show up on the invoice, if it's established after the guest left, they'll just mail the invoice to him.

polandprzem
01-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Poland,
As you allow the hotel to take a blank swipe of your card at check-in you also allow them to charge you any extras that you might have "forgotten" upon leaving - no signature needed. Whether there's money on the card or not is the problem of the credit card company - if the transaction has been authorized (at check in) the hotel will get paid - the rest is between the client and his bank/CC company.
How will get the money if the money are mot there?
Either if there will occure the error in the card or whatever.
As for signature - we do need them while making the bill or the invoice and if we can we always asks for it (unless there is a pin code neccessary).
As for the extras he "forgotten" we can charge the client.
[The problem is when the guest will not accept this charging - who must prove whom?]

In the case of cash payment they will expect a deposit roughly the amount of the cost of your stay, and as people from the hotel industry will confirm, the maids and others will be keeping an eye on you (the minibar will be checked when your standing at the reception desk checking-out...).

I've stayed at some pretty nice hotels in my life, and they all keep track of how much you're spending and whether you can afford it - the good ones just do it so discreetly you don't even notice it :)
The deposit is more or less a prepayment. And we have to make a bill for that as well in the time when we are takeing the money.

And it is not always like that great as many people are waiting and you are checking the MiniBar, that takes too much time.

Btw - don't you have any buisiness in Poland?
I invite you to our Hotel :)

Kori Ellis
01-28-2007, 01:20 PM
How will get the money if the money are mot there?

Because if they authorize the card for a certain amount when you check in or prior to your stay, they are guaranteed up to that amount of money from the credit card company. So even if the money isn't technical there, the CC company pays them. And then you have a negative balance on your CC and have to handle it with them.

polandprzem
01-28-2007, 01:23 PM
Because if they authorize the card for a certain amount when you check in or prior to your stay, they are guaranteed up to that amount of money from the credit card company. So even if the money isn't technical there, the CC company pays them. And then you have a negative balance on your CC and have to handle it with them.

Authorize the card. In all the hotels you've been they were doing it?

--- And if that means they (the hotels) just need the CC number with validity date?

polandprzem
01-28-2007, 02:35 PM
And even if you do not have a under zero limitation?

Kori Ellis
01-29-2007, 10:39 AM
Authorize the card. In all the hotels you've been they were doing it?

--- And if that means they (the hotels) just need the CC number with validity date?

Yes, every hotel I've ever been to puts an authorization/hold on your card when you check-in. All they need is that authorization and they can charge it.

polandprzem
01-29-2007, 10:53 AM
Yes, every hotel I've ever been to puts an authorization/hold on your card when you check-in. All they need is that authorization and they can charge it.

But they are doing that "hold" in sum for a lodging right?

Good that we are not doing it and I think it is not necessary in most hotels.

Are the Hotels where you've been were takeing the documants for your stay?
And how much stars those hotels had?

whottt
01-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Slayer as one smoker to another...just don't smoke in a non-smoking room. If it's a non smoking room it's a non smoking room. Best to smoke outside anyway.

IF you must...go to the stairway right by your room, no one ever uses those and it's impossible for them to prove you were smoking.

When I stay in hotels I get non-smoking rooms and just go outside to smoke...smoked out rooms smell nasty. I don't smoke inside anywhere, once you get that habit down it's easy.

It's just the way it is...it's a habit that can be harmful to other people, no two ways around it, so you just have to respect that no matter how annoying their attitude, or you end up being the bigger asshole.

Slomo
01-29-2007, 11:32 AM

And how much stars those hotels had?All hotels in west europe are also doing it now (last 10-15 years). You do realize it's done electronically and only takes like 10 seconds to do.

Most hotel will ask you to fill out a form with your name address... and also will ask you to show them a photo ID. Some still just ask you to fill the form without showing the ID, I think it's gotten more serious recently.

You don't leave the ID at the receptions desk (something that was common practice in Yugoslavia)

As for the number of stars: I haven't noticed any major difference in the procedure regardless if it was a Motels or a 5 stars hotel.

Kori Ellis
01-29-2007, 11:44 AM

And how much stars those hotels had?

No, the authorization is for an amount over the sum of lodging.

They input your name address and driver's license number in the computer and sometimes take a photocopy of your license.

Any hotel I've ever been in, it's been the same. Regular hotels, or five star hotels.

polandprzem
01-29-2007, 11:50 AM
All hotels in west europe are also doing it now (last 10-15 years). You do realize it's done electronically and only takes like 10 seconds to do.
I do.
But as I've said before there were too many pissed off guests just because they got the note on the cell phone that we "took" the money (which are just 'frozen').
Btw- we have more buisiness clients that is the reason.,And as for new guests - the prepayment or card number with validity date.

Most hotel will ask you to fill out a form with your name address... and also will ask you to show them a photo ID. Some still just ask you to fill the form without showing the ID, I think it's gotten more serious recently.
On paper?
We are puting all the information from the ID or passport to the computer system. And then you've got easier as somebody visits your hotel many times. You already have got the informations about the guest

[quote]You don't leave the ID at the receptions desk (something that was common practice in Yugoslavia)
As I've heard still hotels doing such things.

polandprzem
01-29-2007, 11:53 AM
No, the authorization is for an amount over the sum of lodging.

They input your name address and driver's license number in the computer and sometimes take a photocopy of your license.

Any hotel I've ever been in, it's been the same. Regular hotels, or five star hotels.

So it is a common thing in Ststes to "take" the money in advance

Seems reasonable for the States :reading

Thanks for the answers

btw - I should know all this stuff but believe me I never was interested in hotels :) And I've graduated the Hotels and Turism Industry college :shootme:

Kori Ellis
01-29-2007, 12:07 PM
So it is a common thing in Ststes to "take" the money in advance

To authorize or hold a certain amount, yes.

polandprzem
01-29-2007, 01:50 PM
So Slomo - will you be visiting Poland?

:)

Slomo
01-29-2007, 02:36 PM
So Slomo - will you be visiting Poland?

:)
As a tourist maybe :)

Unfortunately I'm not dealing with the northern part of Europe and I also don't have any suppliers in Poland, so it will have to be a private trip :tu

So what's good to visit in Poland?

And where exactly are you? Poland is a pretty big place!

polandprzem
01-29-2007, 04:23 PM
As a tourist maybe :)

Unfortunately I'm not dealing with the northern part of Europe and I also don't have any suppliers in Poland, so it will have to be a private trip :tu

So what's good to visit in Poland?

And where exactly are you? Poland is a pretty big place!

Well I'm on North - Gdansk near the sea
You could visit this town as well as Sopot
And then maybe Krakow
It depends on what you prefer.
We've got pretty nice mountains as well, but they are on South of Poland. (tatry, karkonosze, swietokszyskie)
You like the lakes? Go to Mazury.

malbork even Warsaw are nice Architecture - churches Czestochowa Lichen

You might find it in internet.

You can start with Sopot ofcourse, the place I work :)