PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James to appear in Microsoft ad campaign

ducks
01-26-2007, 08:02 PM
LeBron James to appear in Microsoft ad campaign

By GREGG BELL, AP Sports Writer
January 23, 2007

SEATTLE (AP) -- The ever-expanding LeBron James empire is entering a new realm.

Microsoft Corp. is using the NBA star to promote next week's consumer release of its new Windows Vista operating system. James will make what a Microsoft spokesman described Tuesday as cameo appearances on national television commercials that will begin airing Jan. 30.

ADVERTISEMENT

James is the first NBA player that the Redmond, Wash.-based software giant has used to promote its products, Microsoft spokesman Lou Gellos said. And Vista may not be the last Microsoft project for the Cleveland Cavaliers guard.

"We're happy with him. And I know his people are happy with it, too," Gellos said. "We're talking about what future projects we might do with him."

James and Microsoft have worked together in the past, during the player's summer bicycle event for charity in his hometown of Akron, Ohio.

Microsoft declined to reveal how much it paid James, who turned 22 last month. When he was still a senior at Akron's St. Vincent-St. Mary High School, James signed a seven-year, $90 million endorsement contract with Nike.

James already has endorsement contracts worth an estimated $150 million. He and three friends, Maverick Carter, Randy Mims and Rich Paul, have formed LRMR Development LLC to run James' personal and business management. James is LRMR's CEO.

James signed a three-year, $60 million contract extension with the Cavaliers last July. Last year, in an interview with The Associated Press, he said one of his primary goals was to "be the richest man in the world."

fuck james and fuck vista

E20
01-26-2007, 09:03 PM
HOLY SHIT

Ducks has now entered a new platue of Haterade now that Lebron is doing Microsoft ads.

Ducks your two most hated entities have joined forces, how do you feel right now?

ponky
01-26-2007, 09:03 PM
haha, you're right, Vista sucks, he should have made a better choice...market for Apple like Yao

atxrocker
01-26-2007, 09:10 PM
he said one of his primary goals was to "be the richest man in the world."

what a piece of shit, i hope he gets fucking stabbed

ponky
01-26-2007, 09:18 PM
what a piece of shit, i hope he gets fucking stabbed

this is kind of old news but i remember laughing when i read this, good fucking luck there lbj, not gonna happen...try starting a hedge fund and you'd have a better opportunity at reaching those goals, not dumping your little millions into some friends' management portfolio

baseline bum
01-26-2007, 10:38 PM
When's Carmello gonna do ads for Red Hat?

Amare_32
01-26-2007, 10:56 PM
James signed a three-year, $60 million contract extension with the Cavaliers last July. Last year, in an interview with The Associated Press, he said one of his primary goals was to "be the richest man in the world."

How about striving to lead your team to a title? Then they wonder why there is a disconnect between players and fans. What a jackass!
________
MARIJUANA (http://marijuanahemp.com)
________
GLASS PIPE (http://glasspipes.net/)

1Parker1
01-27-2007, 10:04 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao This is like Ducks worst nightmare. His two worst enemies are partnering up. Now all they need is to get Ginobili in the ad. :smokin

kingsfan
01-27-2007, 10:40 AM
He's out of the spotlight so he has to think of something to do to get back in it. Microsoft and him deserve each other.