PDA

View Full Version : Suns unimpressive 16 game streak

Holmes_Fans
01-27-2007, 11:05 AM
After Phoenix loses to a better Dallas team, they run off of 16 wins in a row. Let's take a look shall we:

1. NYK W 108-86 (Lottery Team)
2. @DET W 108-101 (No Chauncy Billups)
3. @CHI W 97-96 (Barbosa desperation 3 w/1.3 sec)
4. @TOR W 100-98 (Toronto 13-19 record)
5. MIA W 108-80 (No Shaq or Wade)
6. GS W 128-105 (Lottery Team)
7. SEA W 113-102 (Lottery Team)
8. CLE W 109-90
9. ORL W 107-101 (Unimpressive Home Win)
10. @MEM W 137-122 (Lottery Team w/ No Gasol)
11. @HOU W 100-91 (No Yao or McGrady)
12. POR W 106-101 (Lottery Team)
13. MIN W 131-102 (No Kevin Garnett)
14. @WAS W 127-105
15. @NYK W 112-107 (Lottery Team)
16. @MIL W 98-90 ( No Michael Redd)

Could it be 17 in a row tomorrow with Lebron James in street clothes?? It looks that way right now.

Greg Oden
01-27-2007, 11:17 AM
who gives a shit?

when did the NBA forum become the Suns/Mavs forum?

stretch
01-27-2007, 11:25 AM
i wont say its unimpressive by any means. a 16 game winning streak is impressive no matter what. as shitty as some of those teams are, this is still the NBA, and you can be beaten any given night. Miami from last year is a perfect example of that. i think a few years ago, the Spurs swept the Lakers in the regular season, then got swept in the playoffs or something like that. another year, the Mavs went 3-1 in the regular season against Sacramento, then got beat in 5.

the best way to gauge how good a team is during the regular season, is obviously by how they play against elite teams, but none of that matters when the playoffs come around. when the playoffs start, everyones record is 0-0.

resistanze
01-27-2007, 11:26 AM
This shit must really affect you on a daily basis.

Holmes_Fans
01-27-2007, 11:26 AM
who gives a shit?

when did the NBA forum become the Suns/Mavs forum?
Because no one gives a shit about shitty teams. Why would anyone want to talk about the lottery in January?

SPURS vs NBA media
01-27-2007, 11:43 AM
Because no one gives a shit about shitty teams. Why would anyone want to talk about the lottery in January?

mavs,beat the spurs with no manu in the 4th,no elson in the next game

sribb43
01-27-2007, 12:02 PM
Dont discredit a win streak of 16 games. While the comp was some what weak, they still took care of business. If it was so easy alot of teams would real of streaks of 10 or more. The Mavs first streak of 12 wins, only "Quality" wins I see where at SA and at PHX. Suns and Mavs are the class of the league right now

JMarkJohns
01-27-2007, 12:12 PM
http://www.nicholsoncartoons.com.au/cartoons/new/2004-03-12%20Lew%20sour%20grapes%20on%20Coles%20Myer%20200 226.JPG

Not that I don't agree that the Suns have experienced some good fortune with opponants, but still, there's really only around 10 quality teams in the NBA right now anyways, so that leaves 20 mediocre to bad ones. That means you'll play more bad than good. Mavs will too...

Shank
01-27-2007, 12:19 PM
16 is pretty tough, no matter what. Even though you might be playing scrubs, you still have to bring your game and not fall into a weak mental state to get up for these teams. Even if the Suns played the Celtics 16 times in a row, I'd imagine a few of those would still come down to the final buzzer. Their consistency should be applauded.

baseline bum
01-27-2007, 12:41 PM
All the haters said the same crap about the Spurs wins in 1999, then they went and beat Portland, Utah, and Portland in a span of about 4-5 days, and followed that up with a 15-2 playoff run and a river parade.

SirChaz
01-27-2007, 12:57 PM
After Phoenix loses to a better Dallas team, they run off of 16 wins in a row. Let's take a look shall we:

3. @CHI W 97-96 (Barbosa desperation 3 w/1.3 sec) Nothing desperation about it and you forgot no Heinrich
8. CLE W 109-90
10. @MEM W 137-122 (Lottery Team w/ No Gasol) Gasol did play
14. @WAS W 127-105

Could it be 17 in a row tomorrow with Lebron James in street clothes?? It looks that way right now.

You're an idiot.

Let me know when Dallas hits 16 in a row even against "weak" competition.

I guess by your logic Dirk beat the Suns on a desperation jumper with .8 left?

PhxDog
01-27-2007, 01:02 PM

3. @CHI W 97-96 (Barbosa desperation 3 w/1.3 sec)
8. CLE W 109-90
10. @MEM W 137-122 (Lottery Team w/ No Gasol)
14. @WAS W 127-105

ha ha ha ha ha

What's this, the official "Welcome to second place, Mavs fans" thread?

mavs>spurs2
01-27-2007, 01:08 PM
ha ha ha ha ha

What's this, the official "Welcome to second place, Mavs fans" thread?

Don't try to laugh it off and act like the truth doesn't hurt.

da_suns_fan__
01-27-2007, 01:15 PM

I came to this board thinking "Haven't heard too much from stretch or Ponky or the other Mavs losers on SpursTalk lately."

They've shut up about Bill Simmons, Hollinger Rankings etc. now that the Suns are officially in first place...

And then I read this pouting....hilarious! :lol :lol :lol

I love how the big wins against Cleveland and Washington get no comment....and the BLOWOUTS usually got no comment except "lottery team".

Sixteen in a row baby.....Suns SHOULD be going for nineteen and twenty next week against the Spurs and Utah...

Gonna be some great games

:clap :clap :clap :clap

PhxDog
01-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Oh yeah, I feel terrible right now. :D

I hear Cleveland might be without LeBron for the Suns' next game. :dramaquee

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-27-2007, 01:28 PM
When did the NBA get a quality wins stat?

A 16-game winning streak is a 16-game winning streak. Plus, when PHX gets cold from the floor, teams are almost always going to have a shot to come back and make the game closer than it might normally be with PHX's up-tempo offense giving more scoring opportunities to their opponents.

BUMP
01-27-2007, 01:50 PM
Let me know when the Suns get to the Finals........

:sleep

KB24
01-27-2007, 01:58 PM
All the haters said the same crap about the Spurs wins in 1999, then they went and beat Portland, Utah, and Portland in a span of about 4-5 days, and followed that up with a 15-2 playoff run and a river parade.

WAKE UP FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!! THE 1999 season did not count.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

1Parker1
01-27-2007, 02:02 PM
If it was that unimpressive, than so many good teams wouldn't be losing to those "lottery teams" occasionally. Spurs, Lakers, and Pistons have all lost to the Bobcats for example.

Yes, the teams they've played in the 16 game streak are relatively "Easy or lottery" teams, you can make the arguement. However, the fact that the Suns have been able to maintain their level of focus and consistency against these easy teams night in and night out for 16 straight games is more impressive.

ponky
01-27-2007, 02:35 PM
why post this crap? now you're starting to sound like some of the whiny suns fans. mavs would love to be in the suns position, catching all the teams when their star players are out, who wouldn't? suns streak is impressive, just focus on the mavericks and stop trying to bash the suns, it's not really necessary. i will add though, that i'm interested to see how they'll fare in the spurs and jazz games that come up next week. if they're both in phoenix i'd say they could mayb beat both of them although i'll still give the spurs the edge even in phoenix. the jazz would probably lose in phoenix but they could pull it out in utah.

ponky
01-27-2007, 02:38 PM
mavs,beat the spurs with no manu in the 4th,no elson in the next game

c'mon dude, elson? not exactly at the caliber of garnett, redd, lebron but if you wanna go that far down the bench, we played spurs with no george and i'd say he's been a bigger contribution to the mavs than elson had for the spurs

Fillmoe
01-27-2007, 02:41 PM
theres no such thing as an unimpressive 16 game win streak..... where is the mavs unimpressive 16 game win streak? i bet if they got a 16 game win streak you niggas would be dripping nut from your mouths with all the dick sucking that would be going on..........

u2sarajevo
01-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Obviously this thread starter is concerned about the Suns. I'll assume this is some sort of attempt to allay your fears?

One look at the records will tell you who is the best team in the NBA. But it's really trivial at this point because it's still January.

I keep hearing on mav boards about how the Suns have a "soft" schedule because they have played mostly Eastern conference teams... well if that's true and the Suns are really smoke and mirrors I guess it should all play out in the coming months then.... seeing as they have to play the same amount of Western conference teams as the rest of us eventually.

What the Suns are doing is absolutely impressive. Don't discount it because of schedule. The players can't control that.

ponky
01-27-2007, 02:45 PM
I came to this board thinking "Haven't heard too much from stretch or Ponky or the other Mavs losers on SpursTalk lately."

They've shut up about Bill Simmons, Hollinger Rankings etc. now that the Suns are officially in first place...

And then I read this pouting....hilarious! :lol :lol :lol

I love how the big wins against Cleveland and Washington get no comment....and the BLOWOUTS usually got no comment except "lottery team".

Sixteen in a row baby.....Suns SHOULD be going for nineteen and twenty next week against the Spurs and Utah...

Gonna be some great games

:clap :clap :clap :clap

I was busy talking to your boy RonMexico about penises, liberal newspapers and menstrual periods. (haha, don't start with me RM, i've forgotten about last night!)

Holmes_Fans
01-27-2007, 02:46 PM
I got it from mavstalk if that counts for anything. :elephant

ponky
01-27-2007, 02:47 PM
theres no such thing as an unimpressive 16 game win streak..... where is the mavs unimpressive 16 game win streak? i bet if they got a 16 game win streak you niggas would be dripping nut from your mouths with all the dick sucking that would be going on..........

uh but there IS such thing as a WIN streak, tell your team to go find one sometime, they're don't have to feast on losing streaks alone!

Holmes_Fans
01-27-2007, 02:49 PM
One look at the records will tell you who is the best team in the NBA. But it's really trivial at this point because it's still January.

I know, Dallas is 23-6 in conference play, PHX is 16-7 :toast

Fillmoe
01-27-2007, 02:49 PM
uh but there IS such thing as a WIN streak, tell your team to go find one sometime, they're don't have to feast on losing streaks alone!

:rolleyes :sleep

ponky
01-27-2007, 02:54 PM
:rolleyes :sleep

c'mon, where's your game day rage? you were going bonkers the last two games and now this? i expected better....something including the words sucking, dicks, fuck, whatever

Fillmoe
01-27-2007, 03:03 PM
c'mon, where's your game day rage? you were going bonkers the last two games and now this? i expected better....something including the words sucking, dicks, fuck, whatever

you forgot; mad, nigga, bitch, homos, faggots

td4mvp21
01-27-2007, 04:23 PM
No team is going to win that many games in a row while playing more than 4 quality opponents, not in today's league. I think it's impressive, the Mavs haven't won that many in a row and the Spurs haven't even won more than 5 in a row.

Bookit
01-27-2007, 06:15 PM
You're an idiot.

Let me know when Dallas hits 16 in a row even against "weak" competition.

I guess by your logic Dirk beat the Suns on a desperation jumper with .8 left?

1.4 left and the Suns had plenty of time to hit the game winner themselves but failed to do so.

SirChaz
01-27-2007, 07:25 PM
1.4 left and the Suns had plenty of time to hit the game winner themselves but failed to do so.

So what?

The desperation thing was a stupid comment and .6 seconds difference doesn't change that.

It's not like Barbosa threw up a half court shot, it was a set play. Trying to knock the Suns for playing a team close that beat the Mavs doesn't make much sense to me.

Greg Oden
01-27-2007, 07:51 PM
before suns circle jerk each other (or has it already started?), they've been on 2 LOOONG winning streaks this season, and are barely 1st place.

Bookit
01-27-2007, 07:58 PM
So what?

The desperation thing was a stupid comment and .6 seconds difference doesn't change that.

It's not like Barbosa threw up a half court shot, it was a set play. Trying to knock the Suns for playing a team close that beat the Mavs doesn't make much sense to me.

I just wanted you to get the fact right. The Mavs did not win against the Suns on a buzzer beater. There was 1.4 seconds left and the Suns advanced the ball to halfcourt. The Suns could have won easily on a true buzzer beater but Amare took the shot and missed. Not the same as Barbosa hitting the shot as time ran out against Chicago.

mavs>spurs2
01-27-2007, 08:05 PM
:cry if only the refs would stop being so mean and give dirk his double-doubles!! :cry

Like they do Tim Duncan?

JMarkJohns
01-27-2007, 08:07 PM
I just wanted you to get the fact right. The Mavs did not win against the Suns on a buzzer beater. There was 1.4 seconds left and the Suns advanced the ball to halfcourt. The Suns could have won easily on a true buzzer beater but Amare took the shot and missed. Not the same as Barbosa hitting the shot as time ran out against Chicago.

CHICAGO (AP) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2007010204) -- Leandro Barbosa couldn't remember making a shot like this -- not in the NBA, anyway.

But he took the pass from Boris Diaw, buried the 3-pointer with 1.5 seconds left and the Phoenix Suns pulled out a 97-96 victory over the Chicago Bulls on Tuesday night.

Gordon missed a [25-foot] 3-pointer at the buzzer...

Funny, but you started a pissing match with misinformation for literally no reason. LMAO! You went out of your way to be anal-retentive and correct someone for an minor oversight, correcting with a holier than thou condescension and now you're the douche! Now, go away...

Bookit
01-27-2007, 08:16 PM
CHICAGO (AP) (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap?gid=2007010204) -- Leandro Barbosa couldn't remember making a shot like this -- not in the NBA, anyway.

But he took the pass from Boris Diaw, buried the 3-pointer with 1.5 seconds left and the Phoenix Suns pulled out a 97-96 victory over the Chicago Bulls on Tuesday night.

Gordon missed a [25-foot] 3-pointer at the buzzer...

Funny, but you started a pissing match with misinformation for literally no reason. LMAO! You went out of your way to be anal-retentive and correct someone for an minor oversight, correcting with a holier than thou condescension and now you're the douche! Now, go away...

Sorry, I didn't watch the game and it was advertised on ESPN as a buzzer beater. I should have looked that up. Did Chicago get a timeout with that much time on the clock and advance to halfcourt?

JMarkJohns
01-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Yes, they called a timeout and advanced to halfcourt. Gordon's potential game-winner missed from the exact distance Barbosa's hit from.

The point wasn't to correct your misinformation, but rather to tell you that the here nor theres of miscellaneous nothings don't really amount to much, so pissing and moaning about them is pretty silly.

Chaz's point was that Phoenix's late-game win vs. Chicago was totally dismissed by a Mavs fan who probably celebrated Dallas' late-game win vs. Phoenix. It had little to do with the time or late possessions and almost everything with Holmes, or whomever wrote the post at MavsSchlock, being a complete hypocrite. You can't celebrate your own team's game-winners and dismiss another team's.

mardigan
01-27-2007, 09:02 PM
WAKE UP FOOL!!!!!!!!!!!! THE 1999 season did not count.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao
But if the Lakers hadnt gotten raped that year it would have counted though right?

KB24
01-27-2007, 10:29 PM
But if the Lakers hadnt gotten raped that year it would have counted though right?

With all the Titles the LAKERS have, A scurb city like SA can keep the half season acomplishment.

Amare_32
01-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Why should the Suns win streak be disconnected? Is not thier fault the teams they play are horrible.
________
Childe wills (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Childe_Wills)
________
Ana_Sofia cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/Ana_Sofia)

stretch
01-28-2007, 12:22 AM

actually, I have never said much about those rankings period, other than the fact that none of that matters, because when the playoffs start, everyone is 0-0, and all that matters is who in the end, has 16 wins. I have said that before those rankings, while those rankings came out, and still say the same thing.