PDA

View Full Version : bobby simmons

phxspurfan
01-27-2007, 02:24 PM
had a good year with the clips before he went to the bucks. now it seems like he doesnt get much pt. anyone know why? he was averaging over 15pts, 5reb and 1stl /game and could be a valuable addition at the right price.

Big P
01-27-2007, 02:30 PM
He's hurt & done for the year.

MrChug
01-27-2007, 03:11 PM
Move this thread.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-27-2007, 04:16 PM
had a good year with the clips before he went to the bucks. now it seems like he doesnt get much pt. anyone know why? he was averaging over 15pts, 5reb and 1stl /game and could be a valuable addition at the right price.

I'm going to guess it's because he hurt his foot at the start of the season and had season ending surgery, but maybe coach is just trying to send him a message :dizzy

exstatic
01-27-2007, 04:25 PM
Actually, it's foot issues. He had a cyst removed, and has suffered PF almost this whole season.

He brings to the table a lot of the good things of Wells or Maggette (rebounding, penetration, FT shooting) without the knucklehead rep they both enjoy. He's also a MUCH better shooter. If his foot thing isn't a major career type thing, give the Bucks a call.

AFBlue
01-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Actually, it's foot issues. He had a cyst removed, and has suffered PF almost this whole season.

He brings to the table a lot of the good things of Wells or Maggette (rebounding, penetration, FT shooting) without the knucklehead rep they both enjoy. He's also a MUCH better shooter. If his foot thing isn't a major career type thing, give the Bucks a call.

He also hung his hat on defense and versatility (can play/guard three positions). But he has a big, long-term contract and he has drastically underchieved since getting it.

RC's Boss
01-27-2007, 06:17 PM
He makes to much money

Pugglekicker_21
01-27-2007, 06:32 PM
never heard of him

exstatic
01-27-2007, 06:50 PM
He also hung his hat on defense and versatility (can play/guard three positions). But he has a big, long-term contract and he has drastically underchieved since getting it.
Um, his numbers in Milwaukee weren't much off those of his contract year with the Clips. He played fewer minutes and went to a team with an established wing scorer, which would account for the point drop. His FG%(45%) and 3g%(42%) are more than acceptable.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-27-2007, 06:51 PM

He moved to a team with Michael Redd, Charlie Villanueva, and Mo Williams on it and his scoring dipped by 3 PPG, rebounds by one per game, and all other stats stayed the same.

Yeah, what an underachiever :rolleyes

AFBlue
01-27-2007, 08:18 PM
He moved to a team with Michael Redd, Charlie Villanueva, and Mo Williams on it and his scoring dipped by 3 PPG, rebounds by one per game, and all other stats stayed the same.

Yeah, what an underachiever :rolleyes

Villanueva wasn't on the team until this year, but you're point is well taken.

I stand corrected. He still makes a lot of money though....

Big P
01-27-2007, 08:25 PM
He is signed for the next 3 years after this one making..$9.2,$9.9 & $10.6 mil..he is a pretty good player, but he is way overpaid.

johnpaulwall21
01-27-2007, 08:28 PM
Hes one of the biggest disappointments since signing his pretty big size contract.
:wakeup

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-27-2007, 08:39 PM
Villanueva wasn't on the team until this year, but you're point is well taken.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3933

I guess those 2005-2006 stats are made up then.

Hes one of the biggest disappointments since signing his pretty big size contract.
:wakeup

His scoring average went down now that he's playing next to Michael Redd. Yeah, what a disappointment.

There's only two disappointments about Simmons from where I'm sitting:

1. He's out for the year with a bum wheel

2. He's not playing on the Spurs

I love this forum though. You guys will defend a Spurs player, even if he's the last guy on the bench.

But a guy who would be our fourth leading scorer behind the big three, would be the #3 rebounder on the team behind TD and Elson, would be fourth on the team in assists behind the big three, and would be the second best defender on the squad with Bowen (not to mention a guy who could step in and be Bowen's replacement for the next 8 years or so)?

Overrated and a disappointment all the way :lol

ducks
01-27-2007, 09:04 PM
bobby should be a spur

exstatic
01-27-2007, 09:05 PM
He blows the '08 plan, but I have 3 thoughts on that:

1) Will we get anyone better? Not is anyone better available. Will we get them?
2) He doesn't blow the '10 plan.
3) He's 26, shoots, penetrates, defends, and rebounds.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-27-2007, 09:44 PM

:lol

Nice!

baseline bum
01-27-2007, 10:09 PM
No way in hell. I thought he was ridiculously overrated in LA, and there's no way he's worth that contract. The guy makes more than Manu. I don't know what the hell Milwaukee was thinking singning this guy to an All-Star contract.

exstatic
01-27-2007, 10:52 PM
He makes a tad more than Manu, but then again, he can play more minutes, and put up like numbers. SA will have to pay any FA a like amount to play here, especially if, like Simmons, they are RFAs.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-28-2007, 12:05 AM
No way in hell. I thought he was ridiculously overrated in LA, and there's no way he's worth that contract. The guy makes more than Manu. I don't know what the hell Milwaukee was thinking singning this guy to an All-Star contract.

He plays more minutes, he's going to be good for another 7-8 years, and he's an all-around good player.

It's a little overpriced, but come on - look at what we're paying guys like Brent.

x_roux_x
01-28-2007, 04:59 AM
He plays more minutes, he's going to be good for another 7-8 years, and he's an all-around good player.

It's a little overpriced, but come on - look at what we're paying guys like Brent.

No SHIT! Bring on the B SIM bandwagon!
Who will start the chant first?

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-28-2007, 01:27 PM
Unfortunately it's a pretty pointless discussion, the Bucks won't let him go and Holt would have sticker shock with his contract.

Marcus Bryant
01-28-2007, 01:29 PM

How about the '07 plan (aka winning the championship now)?

AFBlue
01-28-2007, 03:35 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3933

I guess those 2005-2006 stats are made up then.

Look again a little closer dipshit.... Villanueva played 05-06 as a rookie in Toronto. He was traded to Milwakee in the off-season for TJ Ford. Classic though, how you provided a link to prove how much of a dumbass you were... :lol

AFBlue
01-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Look again a little closer dipshit.... Villanueva played 05-06 as a rookie in Toronto. He was traded to Milwakee in the off-season for TJ Ford. Classic though, how you provided a link to prove how much of a dumbass you were... :lol

Speechless AHF?

Damn at least when I'm wrong I own up to it....

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Heh, you bumped yourself. Cute. So I was wrong, shows you how long this season has been as a Spurs fan, it feels like that move was made two years ago.

The point still remains, Bobby went from a team where he was one of the primary guys alongside Brand to being third/fourth fiddle in Milwaukee. There wasn't anyone on the Clips chucking the ball around like Redd does in Milwaukee.

Saying a guy is overrated/a disappointment with the stats that Simmons has (not to mention the fact in the intangibles of him being a great team defender that don't show up on the stat sheet) is pretty ignorant, but typical for this board regarding players not wearing the silver and black.

baseline bum
01-28-2007, 11:13 PM

There's no way Simmons is just a little overpriced.

Bobby Simmons has always struck me as the type who puts up numbers on bad teams. I was never impressed by his game, and I watched tons of Clippers games when he was there. I would easily take Maggette over him in a second, even if their contracts were reversed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-28-2007, 11:29 PM
There's no way Simmons is just a little overpriced.

Bobby Simmons has always struck me as the type who puts up numbers on bad teams. I was never impressed by his game, and I watched tons of Clippers games when he was there. I would easily take Maggette over him in a second, even if their contracts were reversed.

I would too. But if we could do something to get Simmons that didn't involve the big 3 I'd be all about it as well.

phxspurfan
11-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Hmm...I wonder if any of these predictions will ring true.