PDA

View Full Version : Here Comes the Cold

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Windy and cold outside here in Dallas. One of my friends that lives about 20 minutes east of here had a rain shower roll through that turned into a hail storm due to the cold :wow

SAtown
01-27-2007, 05:05 PM
Sunny and 71 here in San Antonio.

exstatic
01-27-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah, I don't think we're getting any of this one. Temp is supposed to dip a bit, but no freeze on the horizon.

T Park
01-27-2007, 05:29 PM
Next weekend, isn't it supposed to plummet again and freeze everything in sight supposedly.

SpursWoman
01-27-2007, 05:32 PM
Today is/was the prettiest day I've seen in it seems like forever. :)

Brodels
01-27-2007, 05:39 PM
Boo freakin' hoo. It was -12 F when I went to bed last night.

David Bowie
01-27-2007, 06:47 PM

same here.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-27-2007, 06:52 PM

:lol Move.

Brodels
01-27-2007, 06:58 PM
:lol Move.

No kidding. I'm happy to be back in the far reaches of civilization, but there were advantages to living in southern cities like Portland Maine, Boston, and Chicago.

bendmz
01-27-2007, 08:48 PM
:violin :violin

katyon6th
01-28-2007, 10:51 AM
Today is/was the prettiest day I've seen in it seems like forever. :)

It was prettier last Sunday, I think. But yes, yesterday was gorgeous. Today is hopeful, too. :spin

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-29-2007, 01:01 AM
North Texas with a chance at the white stuff....

Special Weather Statement

ANDERSON-BELL-BOSQUE-COLLIN-COMANCHE- COOKE-CORYELL-DALLAS-DELTA- DENTON- EASTLAND-ELLIS-ERATH-FALLS-FANNIN- FREESTONE-GRAYSON-HAMILTON- HENDERSON- HILL-HOOD-HOPKINS-HUNT-JACK-JOHNSON- KAUFMAN-LAMAR-LAMPASAS- LEON-LIMESTONE- MCLENNAN-MILAM-MILLS-MONTAGUE-NAVARRO- PALO PINTO- PARKER-RAINS-ROBERTSON- ROCKWALL-SOMERVELL-STEPHENS-TARRANT- VAN ZANDT- WISE-YOUNG- 307 PM CST SUN JAN 28 2007

...A WINTRY MIX IS POSSIBLE OVER PORTIONS OF NORTH TEXAS WEDNESDAY THROUGH FRIDAY...

SEVERAL DISTURBANCES WILL APPROACH... AND MOVE ACROSS NORTH TEXAS DURING THE WEDNESDAY TO FRIDAY TIME FRAME AND MAY GIVE NORTH TEXAS SOME WINTER PRECIPITATION DURING THAT TIME. A COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH NORTH TEXAS ON TUESDAY BRINGING MORE ARCTIC AIR INTO THE REGION. TEMPERATURE PROFILES AT THIS TIME ARE FORECAST TO BE COLD ENOUGH TO SUPPORT SOME LOW CHANCES FOR SLEET AND SNOW TO MIX WITH THE RAIN.

BEGINNING WEDNESDAY AFTERNOON A MIX OF RAIN...SLEET...AND SNOW IS POSSIBLE ALONG AND NORTH OF INTERSTATE 20. BY WEDNESDAY NIGHT...A WINTRY MIX IS POSSIBLE ALONG AND NORTH OF A LINE FROM COMANCHE... TO HILLSBORO...TO CANTON. THE WINTER PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED TO REMAIN NORTH OF THIS LINE THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING. HOWEVER...ON THURSDAY NIGHT...COUNTIES CLOSE TO THE RED RIVER MAY SEE THE PRECIPITATION CHANGE TO ALL SNOW. THE CHANCE FOR PRECIPITATION WILL END ON FRIDAY MORNING FROM WEST TO EAST AS THE LAST UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE MOVES OFF TO THE EAST. IF ANY ICE OR SNOW DOES ACCUMULATE...TRAVEL WILL BE IMPACTED... ESPECIALLY ON BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES WHICH TEND TO BE THE FIRST TO ICE OVER.

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR THIS EVENT AND MAKE NECESSARY ADJUSTMENTS...AS THE SYSTEM EVOLVES. STAY TUNED TO FUTURE FORECASTS FOR ANY CHANGES OR ADDITIONS REGARDING THIS EVENT.

Mr Dio
01-29-2007, 01:06 AM
Wait til Super Bowl Sunday SA.

ShoogarBear
01-29-2007, 01:18 AM
No kidding. I'm happy to be back in the far reaches of civilization, but there were advantages to living in southern cities like Portland Maine, Boston, and Chicago.You can't get thar from har.

kingsfan
01-29-2007, 05:02 AM
It was 65 yesterday and today it's in the 20's, fuck that.:madrun

Mr Dio
01-29-2007, 01:53 PM
Next weekend, isn't it supposed to plummet again and freeze everything in sight supposedly.

Yeah, but the highs aren't suppossed to be nearly as low per WOAI and KSAT. A couple of days ago KSAT was talkin' like the highs over Sat/Sun were gonna be nearly as bad but on the 12noon show they showed a 55/38 range for SB Sun. Sux, I was hoping for a 45/32 range so I can warm my new leather jacket.

MannyIsGod
01-29-2007, 02:22 PM
Yeah, but the highs aren't suppossed to be nearly as low per WOAI and KSAT. A couple of days ago KSAT was talkin' like the highs over Sat/Sun were gonna be nearly as bad but on the 12noon show they showed a 55/38 range for SB Sun. Sux, I was hoping for a 45/32 range so I can warm my new leather jacket.Too soon to tell, but it may very well be COLDER than the 45 degree highs want.

Mr Dio
01-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Too soon to tell, but it may very well be COLDER than the 45 degree highs want.

I hope so. I would like to the highs be no more than 45ish.

I could do without the ice and slush, makes for bad drvg no matter where you're from or how slow you drv.