PDA

View Full Version : Tyson on ESPN Classic

slayermin
01-27-2007, 08:22 PM
They are showing his early fights. Dude threw "hydrogen bombs" as his manager put it.

johngateswhiteley
01-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Holyfield.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-27-2007, 09:56 PM
Tyson's Greatest knockouts part 2 is better.

Thats when the competition gets better but he still knocks them out with one punch. What I dont understand is how his incredible power kept him from getting knocked out. He got in so damn close, its like he seriously psyched out every fucker in the ring, and when they got in close they forgot their game and just worried about the big punch...they played right into his hands. but can't take anything away from him, tyson pre-prison was the greatest fighter of all boxing history.

slayermin
01-28-2007, 02:28 AM

Thats when the competition gets better but he still knocks them out with one punch. What I dont understand is how his incredible power kept him from getting knocked out. He got in so damn close, its like he seriously psyched out every fucker in the ring, and when they got in close they forgot their game and just worried about the big punch...they played right into his hands. but can't take anything away from him, tyson pre-prison was the greatest fighter of all boxing history.

Man, he was quick. But Ali was quicker. Ali doesn't have the punching power of Mike but I think Ali would win in a virtual match. Ali would stay outside and frustrate Mike.

Greg Oden
02-01-2007, 11:35 PM
tyson pre-prison was the greatest fighter of all boxing history.

that's what i said in the Ali thread, but nobody wanted to believe it.

Fillmoe
02-02-2007, 12:03 AM
I miss that tyson man.... he went downhill after buster done him up...... dude was raw as fuck back in the day though......

cornbread
02-02-2007, 02:17 AM
The greatest chapter in Mike Tyson's legacy:
http://www.lunchboxpad.com/home/home/lbpcollection/images/box.jpg
You can not deny that this game is pure greatness.

KEDA
02-02-2007, 09:33 AM
ha ha

Chevy Chase was the ref!!

ALVAREZ6
02-02-2007, 03:50 PM
http://www.doghouseboxing.com/images/Mike_Tyson_icheehuahua/mike_tyson_jedi_icheehuahua.jpg

T Park
02-04-2007, 12:42 AM
greatest game of all time no question.

E20
02-07-2007, 11:11 AM

Sonny Liston and Tyson two identical power punchers with the same boxing 'game'.

Ali KO'd Sonny Liston in one punch in the 1st round. The previous match he still pummeled Liston even when Liston fought dirty. I think Ali in his prime pre-Vietnam controversy would take Tyson pre-jail time.

johnsmith
02-07-2007, 12:38 PM
I know it's before most of our times, but as an Italian I have to throw his name out there for greatest heavyweight.......Rocky Marciano. Tough to argue with 49-0.

cornbread
02-07-2007, 12:57 PM
He's not a HW but I have to mention the great Sugar Ray Robinson. 175-19-6 career record is pretty impressive. Even Muhammad Ali said Robinson was p4p, the greatest fighter of all time.

Check this HL out. His KOs are timeless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60GuoYpmbJo

mardigan
02-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Damn Collin, your all wet for Sugar Ray, just because he killed a white man in the ring doesnt make him the toughest

johnsmith
02-07-2007, 02:41 PM
He's not a HW but I have to mention the great Sugar Ray Robinson. 175-19-6 career record is pretty impressive. Even Muhammad Ali said Robinson was p4p, the greatest fighter of all time.

Check this HL out. His KOs are timeless.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60GuoYpmbJo

Good video

How about this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK8qHnvBo9U

I know he's recently made it a habit to get knocked out a lot, but he was fun to watch in his prime.

cornbread
02-07-2007, 07:21 PM
Oh hell yeah!!! Roy Jones is the shit!! I don't think it's a big deal that he got KOed a few times towards the end of his career. Most of the great ones did KOed at the end of their careers. Jones gets my respect for taking tough fights after prime was far behind him.

Did Spiketv show his episode of Pros vs. Joes yet?

cornbread
02-07-2007, 07:23 PM
Damn Collin, your all wet for Sugar Ray, just because he killed a white man in the ring doesnt make him the toughest

The crazy thing is the dream Robinson had the night before, predicting that he would kill his opponent in the next day's match.

dirk4mvp
02-07-2007, 11:55 PM
Roy Jones Jr. fan here.

Good video

How about this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nK8qHnvBo9U

I know he's recently made it a habit to get knocked out a lot, but he was fun to watch in his prime.
Jones was the funnest boxer ever to watch. He made people look like dumbasses in the ring.

Fillmoe
02-08-2007, 12:22 AM
Roy Jones Jr. fan here.

Jones was the funnest boxer ever to watch. He made people look like dumbasses in the ring.

prince naseem hamed

Cant_Be_Faded
02-08-2007, 01:03 AM
Sonny Liston and Tyson two identical power punchers with the same boxing 'game'.

Ali KO'd Sonny Liston in one punch in the 1st round. The previous match he still pummeled Liston even when Liston fought dirty. I think Ali in his prime pre-Vietnam controversy would take Tyson pre-jail time.

Dude there is no fucking way
Tyson's muscles were like the whitest muscles in the history of mankind during prejail

and by that i mean they were quick muscle, fast, powerful, ridiculously powerful
power in the equation sense of the word

I have never seen anythign in my entire life like mike tyson fighting prejail
Ali was amazing, i am a huge ali fan but realistically there is no boxer in the recorded history of mankind that knocked fuckers out like mike tyson

cornbread
02-08-2007, 01:17 AM
prince naseem hamed

:lol The longest ring entrances EVER. But damn, that guy could throw some f*cking bombs from out of nowhere!!!

E20
02-08-2007, 01:19 AM
Dude there is no fucking way
Tyson's muscles were like the whitest muscles in the history of mankind during prejail

and by that i mean they were quick muscle, fast, powerful, ridiculously powerful
power in the equation sense of the word

I have never seen anythign in my entire life like mike tyson fighting prejail
Ali was amazing, i am a huge ali fan but realistically there is no boxer in the recorded history of mankind that knocked fuckers out like mike tyson
Don't get me wrong Tyson was monster, but his general strategy was to put his fists under his chin and step in and jab, basically chase the guy, until he got close enough to give him a right hand.

That's IF he could catch Ali.

Ali was known for his reflexes, they were considered superhuman. Playing WHAT IF games won't get anybody nowhere. Nobody really knows who would win, but I would put my money on Ali. I'm just waiting for a time machine so I can get those two to fight in there prime.

johnsmith
02-09-2007, 09:19 AM
tyson is the reason ali has parkinsons

???????