PDA

View Full Version : looking for brains

bendmz
01-27-2007, 08:59 PM
okay here is the deal;
I have a substancial music library on my computer. but I still have a shit load on cassettes. my problem is this, I have a dual cassette player that hooks up to my home stereo. What do I need in order to hook this up to my computer to load up my music into my library?
If I need to get somekind of cable or adapter, try and let me know who would have it........ thanks in advance.

ChumpDumper
01-27-2007, 09:04 PM
A 2-RCA to 1/8" stereo adapter should make it possible to connect the cassette deck to the line-in jack in your sound card. For software I had a good experience with Polderbits when I converted some cassettes to mp3s. They have a trial period in which you can use it for free.

http://www.polderbits.com/

Melmart1
01-28-2007, 04:13 AM
Well... since we are asking for advice about archaic pieces of musical equipment.. does anyone know how to switch my vinyl to my computer? All of my good U2, REM, Smiths and other 80s stuff is stuch in needle land.. which is fine for cus I love the scratchy needle sound... but the convenience of an mp3 sure is nice...

exstatic
01-28-2007, 09:54 AM
Well... since we are asking for advice about archaic pieces of musical equipment.. does anyone know how to switch my vinyl to my computer? All of my good U2, REM, Smiths and other 80s stuff is stuch in needle land.. which is fine for cus I love the scratchy needle sound... but the convenience of an mp3 sure is nice...
There is a turntable out now, a brand called ION, that is a direct USB plugin.