01-28-2007, 06:31 PM
Now that's Spurs Basketball.

:hat

ShoogarBear
01-28-2007, 06:32 PM

:lmao :lmao

dimsah
01-28-2007, 06:32 PM
I'm impressed. A road win against a decent team, and they only shot 34% for the game. Spurs showed a lot of character today. Now they just need to keep it up.

themvp
01-28-2007, 06:33 PM
Word

dropstep4421
01-28-2007, 06:34 PM
okay

whottt
bandwaggoner

1Parker1
I haven't seen defense like that from them all season. And it all starts with our big 3. Once Parker and Manu got their games going, it got a lot easier on the other end to get energy to defend.

RC's Boss
01-28-2007, 06:35 PM
Finally, a positive thread! Go Spurs, Go!

ChumpDumper
01-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Yeah, great. Now there's no incentive to trade.

timvp
Big stops. Execution on offense.

That's the Spurs I know.

v2freak
Amen

MannyIsGod
01-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Tim is back. As goes TD, goes this team. That was such a huge game.

I've been waiting for a game like this so that they would hopefully use it as a springboard.

Man, fuck yeah.

1-0 RRT!!!

FromWayDowntown
01-28-2007, 06:37 PM
It was an old-style grind it out Spurs win, which was nice to see, particularly at the start of this trip. I loved how the Spurs never backed down once they got themselves back into the game. Things didn't go perfectly, but they never hung their heads and they just kept battling on a day when it would have been very easy to pack it in.

And Michael F'n Finley? Talk about a "NOOOOOOO.... YESSSSSS!" moment.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-28-2007, 06:38 PM
We still got nothing (good) from Beno or Vaughn, hopefully they will at least swing that deal at this point to get us a point.

Hell, there's got to be someone in the NBADL that can come up, dribble it up, and pass it into Tim without fucking up.

Spurologist
01-28-2007, 06:38 PM
TP is usually off to a quick start and then cools a bit in the latter stages of the game. Today was the reverse. TP had some crucial buckets in the fourth/Overtime to keep the spurs afloat when the fakers were up by at least four points. Manu also played really well to get to the line. OT was the only time Manu and TP were both playing well and that was critical for the W

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-28-2007, 06:39 PM

Guess I wasn't the only one thinking that :lol

LaMarcus Bryant
01-28-2007, 06:39 PM
Trade Timmy while his value reaches its peak

slayermin
01-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Finley shot that last one with confidence. It was money as soon as it left his hand.

ShoogarBear
Yep: Spurs Basketball.

Except played by the Lakers: 58% FT shooting. :lol

Plusses:
-Played harder from start to finish then we've seen in a long time.
-Good job on the boards by Horry, Manu, and Elbertson.
-Sixteen offensive rebounds :wow
-22 of 24 from the line :wow :wow :wow
-Only 11 turnovers
-Manu and Tony hung tough after a crappy start and made big shots in the 4th and OT
-Findog with the first game of the year where he makes a needed contribution to a win
-Shut up Laker Fan (AKA Mav Fan, Ph.D.) for the time being.

Minuses:
-33.7% shooting?
-The Big Fundamental after ten years still likes to dribble into double and triple teams
-Ah, who cares, it's the Lakers!

FromWayDowntown
By the way, Bowen was absolutely fantastic in denying Kobe the ball at 1.3 in OT. It's not a stop in a traditional sense, but it was a big, big, big time play from a guy who has to do those sorts of things for this team to succeed.

Ginofan
It was an old-style grind it out Spurs win, which was nice to see, particularly at the start of this trip. I loved how the Spurs never backed down once they got themselves back into the game. Things didn't go perfectly, but they never hung their heads and they just kept battling on a day when it would have been very easy to pack it in.

Most definitely! When I saw Mike take that shot..."what in the hell was that"...a second later ..."OH MY GOD!!!!" :lol

A good start to the RRT but still a long ways to go.

CubanMustGo
TP and Manu both sucked early but stayed in it and made HUGE contributions in the 4th/OT. :tu

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-28-2007, 06:42 PM

23-25 from the FT line? :lol

gilmor
01-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Fucking A.. I so much like to watch this game..

spurschick
01-28-2007, 06:46 PM
:cry :cry :cry I'm so happy! :cry :cry :cry

MannyIsGod
01-28-2007, 06:46 PM
#*#$)(*#)$(! I wish I had recorded it, I want to watch the end again!

ShoogarBear
01-28-2007, 06:47 PM
This win takes the sting off of Barbaro's latest setback.

spurschick
01-28-2007, 06:48 PM

I have one word for you... SportsCenter.

ShoogarBear
01-28-2007, 06:50 PM
#*#$)(*#)$(! I wish I had recorded it, I want to watch the end again!Comeuppance for your elitist HD TiVo ass.

CubanMustGo
01-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Spurs won because you kept pointing out how much "better" we would have been if not for TP ... good job :clap :toast

anonymous coward
01-28-2007, 06:53 PM
fluke game.
you guys are not back and never will.
thier 2 game streak surely ends in utah.
IMHO

smeagol
01-28-2007, 06:55 PM
fluke game.
IMHO
Why does a stupid Bobcats fan hate us so much?

Trifecta
01-28-2007, 06:55 PM

Fortunately I resisted the urge to stop the recording -- now I can go enjoy the 4th qtr!

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Woot.

MannyIsGod
01-28-2007, 06:57 PM
Fortunately I resisted the urge to stop the recording -- now I can go enjoy the 4th qtr!I had something else recording on the DVR, and I didn't want to start recording this because then I couldn't turn the station.

God damnit! I never even channel flipped because I was so busy with the game blog.

Great freaking win.

slayermin
01-28-2007, 06:58 PM
This was the epitome of a team victory. Everyone pitched in made a play or two down the stretch. Horry had 6 offensive boards? He really stepped up today.

Manu_The _Best
01-28-2007, 06:58 PM

The Spurs basketball was PLAYED ONLY in the LAST 8 min. of the 4th quarter and the OT, otherwise the team sucked for 3 1/4 quarters, however, WE SHOULD BE HAPPY because this is OUR BIG WIN OF THE SEASON, and hopefully CAN inspire us for MORE!!!

1 Down 7 TO GO!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

GO SPURS!!! :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: :hungry: for more...

VaSpursFan
01-28-2007, 07:02 PM
fluke game.
IMHO

Utah who will be playing without Boozer and possibly AK47??? ummm...OK.

Trifecta
01-28-2007, 07:05 PM
Despite the ups and downs of the season so far, this team would CONTINUE to restore my confidence in their ability to get it done when it matters most with wins like this against the better teams in the west!

Way to grind it out!!!

Jazz, Suns -- stand by!!!

anonymous coward
01-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Why does a stupid Bobcats fan hate us so much?

mira si voy a ser fan de esos muertos, pedazo de gil. Lo que pasa es que no me caben algunos salames que postean aca, popovich, el pecho frio de parker y los sobrevaluados bowen y duncan, pero admiro al jugadorazo que es manu.
y te podes ir a la reconcha de tu sifilosa puta madre, peregil.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-28-2007, 07:11 PM
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2710/e3f2138303454c4eb3ca5adil0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

dallaskd
01-28-2007, 07:11 PM

Manu_The _Best
01-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Utah who will be playing without Boozer and possibly AK47??? ummm...OK.

WITHOUT BOOZER AND AK-47 THE SPURS WILL KICK UTAH'S ASS "BIG TIME"!!!

GO SPURS!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

Manu_The _Best
01-28-2007, 07:17 PM

This is what WE did about Dallas (below) LAST YEAR in the BIG FINAL vs. Miami:

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

(Manu owns them anyway)

GrandeDavid
01-28-2007, 07:22 PM
I'm impressed. A road win against a decent team, and they only shot 34% for the game. Spurs showed a lot of character today. Now they just need to keep it up.

Exactly, that's why I'm not heckling LJ's comment. Nice to see the Spurs overcome some foot shooting and tough odds. Nice ass win.

DubMcDub
01-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Yeah, great. Now there's no incentive to trade.

Exactly what I was thinking. I'm glad the Spurs won today. I'd like the roster to stay justtttt the way it is.

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-28-2007, 07:24 PM
Millsap's no slouch, though.

dg7md
01-28-2007, 07:29 PM
When we go 6-2 or 7-1 in the RRT, then I know for sure that we're back.

Bruno
01-28-2007, 07:41 PM
It wasn't a perfect game but Spurs have still some heart and cojones.
I don't know if Spurs are back but they aren't death.

Cry Havoc
01-28-2007, 07:49 PM
To be honest, I care less about the win.

I care more about the complete desire in our players eyes. Parker, Finley, Duncan, Manu, Elson... they all looked like rabid wolves out there on the court. I had a feeling we were going to pull this game out, just because there was that step back in the game. Maybe they feel the playoffs starting to draw inevitably near again.

1Parker1
01-28-2007, 07:59 PM
To be honest, I care less about the win.

I care more about the complete desire in our players eyes. Parker, Finley, Duncan, Manu, Elson... they all looked like rabid wolves out there on the court. I had a feeling we were going to pull this game out, just because there was that step back in the game. Maybe they feel the playoffs starting to draw inevitably near again.

Exactly, the win was just icing on the cake. It was nice to see the Spurs play with so much effort and focus in crunch time againt a quality team.

Das Texan
01-28-2007, 08:13 PM
Where the fuck has this shit been all year?

Timmy finally has regrown his nut sack. And the anchor of our team is back and its on.

Glad to see Barry fucking sucked balls today though.

leemajors
01-28-2007, 08:14 PM
i think it was the team beards.

Das Texan
01-28-2007, 08:15 PM
maybe espn will show this shit late tonight.

that would be nice.

u2sarajevo
01-28-2007, 08:19 PM
So... I was at Saltgrass Steak House... wearing a Mavericks sweatshirt. Sit down for dinner with my family and low and behold the Lakers/Spurs game was on... 7 seconds left in OT, Spurs ball. Interested, so I watch as Duncan gets the ball and kicks it out to the perimeter for a wide open 3.

I went nuts..... embarrassed my wife, gave my kids something to laugh about... the waiter came up to the table about this time and mentioned how, seeing as I am a Mavs fan, should I really be rooting for the Spurs? But that was some frickin' balls man.

I only saw 7 seconds of it, but it was sure fun.

bigfundamental21
01-28-2007, 11:26 PM

I agree! We needed a game like this and it was good to see someone other than the big three making clutch shots! This was a hell of a win. Now I hope we can keep building momentum. We need to get a long win streak and stop the Suns streak on Thursday!

angel_luv
01-28-2007, 11:28 PM
Well done Spurs!

TwoHandJam
01-28-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm kinda torn about how I feel about this win. The Spurs did suck major (and I mean MAJOR as in 33%!) ass up until the fourth quarter but they really ground this one out and got it done so they get their props for that. If they can use this tough win as a springboard to turn their season around then I can forget about the horrific start.

I'll consider the RRT a success if they can post at least a 6-2 record against these quality teams. Anything less and I don't think much will have changed.

Spurminator
01-28-2007, 11:44 PM
Even with the poor shooting, I was pleased with what I saw for most of the game. We were getting 2nd chances and not giving them up. We had good looks most of the time, they just didn't fall. The defense on Kobe was good for the most part, but he hit some tough shots.

Except for some stretches, I found myself optimistic about their direction even when I thought we were going to lose.

Nikos
01-28-2007, 11:56 PM
It was a decent win. I liked the fact that several different players contributed to the win, especially in the 4th quarter and OT.

I also want to see a 6-2+ road trip, otherwise the Spurs will have stayed on their same underachieving track as the third best team in the league.

I really think the Spurs could be as good as Dallas and maybe a healthy Phoenix team. In a playoff series if healthy I wouldn't say they have "no chance" against these teams. But it would be nice to see some regular season dominance like they showed at times in 03, 04, and even 05. Last season they played great basketball too, but against the main perceived competetion Detroit they played so poorly it was tough to be too excited that regular season.

In seasons past the Spurs played the Kings (03,04), Lakers(02-04), Wolves(04), Suns/Pistons(05) -- there were a lot of meaningful regular season games. The team was still growing with Manu and TP. Now TP and Manu look like they are in their primes, and are playing reasonably well. But for some reason the defense is weaker, and the offense isn't as good as it should be.

I think its clear the Suns and Mavs are legit this season. The Heat might become legit if Shaq ever returns to reasonable form. But other than that? The real meaningful regular season games are against the Suns and Mavs. So far the Mavs have had the Spurs number, but weren't exactly dominant in their victories.

Guess we will have to wait and see how the regular season pans out. But this season has been somewhat boring considering the Spurs are losing more than they should, while Dallas and Phoenix are practically locking up homecourt advantage already. I really hope the Spurs beat the Suns and Mavs in their remaining meetings. That could instill a lot of confidence in the team.

Extra Stout
01-29-2007, 12:09 AM
mira si voy a ser fan de esos muertos, pedazo de gil. Lo que pasa es que no me caben algunos salames que postean aca, popovich, el pecho frio de parker y los sobrevaluados bowen y duncan, pero admiro al jugadorazo que es manu.
y te podes ir a la reconcha de tu sifilosa puta madre, peregil.
Wow, I've never seen an Argentuzo dago get so bent out of shape over a regular season game. Does it mean your bookie gets your sister tonight instead of you? :oink

Leetonidas
01-29-2007, 12:26 AM
Parker taking over in OT was amazing. He had, what, 12 points going into OT? Scored 7 by himself. Guess he figured out when he needs to take over.

dbreiden83080
01-29-2007, 01:13 AM
This was the best way to start off the road trip possible and i think they will bring a lot of swagger into Utah and get the Win there as well.

ShoogarBear
01-29-2007, 01:15 AM
I don't care too much about bringing swagger, more important they bring the effort and determination.

dbreiden83080
01-29-2007, 01:24 AM
I don't care too much about bringing swagger, more important they bring the effort and determination.

They are tied together Shooga confidence breeds swagger which breeds effort and focus for 48 min.

freemeat
01-29-2007, 01:34 AM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o315/bpgalloway/practice3.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o315/bpgalloway/practice2.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o315/bpgalloway/practice1.jpg

Living in LA, I don't have the privilege of seeing my Spurs play live quite often...but this was a special experience. I had really good seats, and (believe it or not) about 70% of our section was just Spurs fans.

I started heckling the Lakers very loudly in the second half, as they were shooting at our end. I yelled quite a bit, but am wondering if anyone at the game (or on ABC) heard any of my following favorites:

As Radmanovic shot and missed the first of two free-throws in the fourth: "C'mon! It's so easy, even a caveman can do it!"

When Sacha grabbed the ball in the corner in the fourth (close to my side):
"Your mom gave you a girl's name!"

When Lamar was shooting 2 free throws:
"Purple leg warmers are soooo cute these days!"

and my favorite...

At the start of the game, the PA guys said that when the Lakers win, and hold their opponent under 90 points, everyone's ticket is worth 2 free tacos at Jack-In-The-Box...in OT, as Manu tied the game on his first free-throw (giving the Spurs 90 and subsequently put the Spurs up 1 on the second FT), I gladly screamed:

"NNNOOOOOOO.......FFFFRRRREEEEE.......TTAAAAACCCCOO OOSSSSS!!!!!!!"

Our mostly-Spurs section got a kick out of it, and I was hoping anyone of our fans here got to experience my livlieness...if not, I was still grateful to be there and support the boys...

lefty
01-29-2007, 01:49 AM
http://espn-ak.starwave.com/photo/2007/0128/nba_a_finley_412.jpg

THE SIXTH MAN
01-29-2007, 01:51 AM
Caption worthy.

THE SIXTH MAN
01-29-2007, 01:54 AM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o315/bpgalloway/practice3.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o315/bpgalloway/practice2.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o315/bpgalloway/practice1.jpg

Living in LA, I don't have the privilege of seeing my Spurs play live quite often...but this was a special experience. I had really good seats, and (believe it or not) about 70% of our section was just Spurs fans.

I started heckling the Lakers very loudly in the second half, as they were shooting at our end. I yelled quite a bit, but am wondering if anyone at the game (or on ABC) heard any of my following favorites:

As Radmanovic shot and missed the first of two free-throws in the fourth: "C'mon! It's so easy, even a caveman can do it!"

When Sacha grabbed the ball in the corner in the fourth (close to my side):
"Your mom gave you a girl's name!"

When Lamar was shooting 2 free throws:
"Purple leg warmers are soooo cute these days!"

and my favorite...

At the start of the game, the PA guys said that when the Lakers win, and hold their opponent under 90 points, everyone's ticket is worth 2 free tacos at Jack-In-The-Box...in OT, as Manu tied the game on his first free-throw (giving the Spurs 90 and subsequently put the Spurs up 1 on the second FT), I gladly screamed:

"NNNOOOOOOO.......FFFFRRRREEEEE.......TTAAAAACCCCOO OOSSSSS!!!!!!!"

Our mostly-Spurs section got a kick out of it, and I was hoping anyone of our fans here got to experience my livlieness...if not, I was still grateful to be there and support the boys...
Cool pics. I couldn't really hear the crowd through the tv though. LMAO at the fans not getting their free tacos. :lol

lefty
01-29-2007, 02:04 AM
At this point, Lakers fans just wanted free tacos ; they didn't want their team to win the game to get one more W, just for the food ; damn u Fin , bcause of you, 19 000 fans are starving!

Cry Havoc
01-29-2007, 02:36 AM

Caption worthy.

Whoa... whoa there Brent, you're a bit high. Down. Down a little farther..... liiiittle farther..... ahhhhhhhhhh, that's the spot... I love hitting game-winners. :santahat

THE SIXTH MAN
01-29-2007, 02:49 AM
Mike- Hey Brent is that your Gatorade bottle, or are you just happy I hit that last shot?

Streakyshooter08
01-29-2007, 06:07 AM
Mike- Hey Brent is that your Gatorade bottle, or are you just happy I hit that last shot?

:lol

intlspurshk
01-29-2007, 08:04 AM
One win, 2 pts margin, and they are back?? Maybe it's a little bit early.

boutons_
01-29-2007, 08:11 AM
"2 free tacos at Jack-In-The-Box."

... which sell, Lakers win or lose, for $0.99. :lol

Apart from the fact that the tacos are greasy crap "filled" a 1/16 layer of mystery meat.

carina_gino20
01-29-2007, 10:33 AM
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/4197/las10701290016db1.jpg

timmy, i think i've seen this before. :lol

LEONARD
01-29-2007, 10:35 AM
Uhhh....so if Finley doesn't hit that miracle shot (10% chance he hits that?), where would they be instead of "back?"

bdictjames
01-29-2007, 10:35 AM
We're SOO gonna beat the Jazz on Wednesday.

ploto
01-29-2007, 12:50 PM
Hopefully, the one thing the Spurs team did NOT take from this game is that they can still win by showing up for one quarter.

cheguevara
01-29-2007, 12:53 PM
"we're back"

a little too early for that. Beat the Jazz, Suns and Mavs in a row or at least 2 out of 3 and then, we're back.

nkdlunch
01-31-2007, 11:50 PM
BUMP! :lmao

Pablo Escobar
01-31-2007, 11:56 PM
we're not!!!

Budkin
02-01-2007, 12:02 AM
Now we are truly back!

timvp
02-01-2007, 12:45 AM
The Spurs are still back. They played well and had a chance to win despite being dominated in the middle and outrebounded by a thousand.

Duncan is playing great and the team is showing signs of life. Overall, I like how this team has played on the Rodeo Road Trip so far.

Hopefully it continues.

ShoogarBear
02-01-2007, 12:47 AM
This was still a Spurs Basketball type game for the most part. If Okur isn't wearing the red cape tonight, it's a very similar vibe to the Laker game.

whottt
02-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Back or not...right now the list of teams I want to duck in the playoffs includes the Rockets, Mavs, Lakers and Jazz, in the West....Keep in mind the Lakers were missing two starters. I have a feeling I'm not gonna like the Nuggets much either.

It't not really a heart thing...it's just bad team composition for this type of NBA and Pop seems to be out of ideas.

ggoose25
02-01-2007, 12:56 AM
^^^ add the suns to that list

whottt
02-01-2007, 01:02 AM
I'm not worried about the Suns yet...they still don't play enough D, let's face it, the last time we won a title they were the easiest team to beat.

Budkin
02-01-2007, 02:31 AM
Seriously. We lost by 4 pts and played a horrible 3rd quarter and got outrebounded by 20+. We are not that bad of a team, we just need some help rebounding. That's pretty much it.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-01-2007, 03:00 AM
Back or not...right now the list of teams I want to duck in the playoffs includes the Rockets, Mavs, Lakers and Jazz, in the West....Keep in mind the Lakers were missing two starters. I have a feeling I'm not gonna like the Nuggets much either.

It't not really a heart thing...it's just bad team composition for this type of NBA and Pop seems to be out of ideas.

:lol 4get the Nuggets UNLESS they suddenly start clicking. Id love for the Nuggets to have more than 5 games with all the guys together but it hasnt happened yet.

NuGGeTs-FaN
02-01-2007, 03:02 AM
crap! i didnt realise you guys play the Suns tomorrow! Talk about a tough ask, b2b on the road vs a rested Suns team.

Spurs by 5 :smokin

T Park
02-01-2007, 03:03 AM
If Ginobili has a halfway decent game, the Spurs win.

Period.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
02-01-2007, 03:41 AM
I think we're back. The game was decided by the final seconds, but a team that's outrebounded by 20 + shouldn't be in a position to win. So if that says anything...

That said, it was very winneable!!! we just didn't come out on top, because we can't afford sloppy decisions, errors, lackadaisacal possessions. Anyone notice when we got control at the end of the first half, how we kinda got too comfortable and allowed a few misses by our shooters, just because they worked for us in the 2nd. The back to back to back 3's?? It was like the players carried a "eh, we'll make it up in the 4th" attitude at the beginning of the third.

If Ginobili has a halfway decent game, the Spurs win.

Period.
I blame Pop's "BENCH" last resort option for Manu's crappy play, his minutes were so rigid. There were times when he NEEDED to be in, and other times when he wasn't needed.. He sucked today.. but the refs were punishing him towards the end of the third. So meh. Manu didn't have things going for him.

Besides that's a weak way at looking at it for the team loss. Why single out Gino in this close game? That's no different than saying "If Duncan didn't miss a couple of his shots we win period!."

polandprzem
02-01-2007, 03:49 AM
Wow TPark is this photo from your signature is photoshopped?

btw - yup, the LA game was not a spark just a fluke

nkdlunch
02-01-2007, 10:26 AM
The Spurs are still back. They played well and had a chance to win despite being dominated in the middle and outrebounded by a thousand.

Duncan is playing great and the team is showing signs of life. Overall, I like how this team has played on the Rodeo Road Trip so far.

Hopefully it continues.

Check again, Duncan and Parker combine for 52 and we still lost!

we still don't have a bench, and now ginobili has caught the suck bug from sitting with the scrubs at the bench.

We really can't blame Manu for sucking now, he has been accomodating for the team and beleive it or not it does affect his play.

Pop's rotations still suck and his obsession with Finley and small ball is consting us.

no way in hell we're back. more like we took as step back.

Man In Black
02-01-2007, 01:22 PM
I'm more half-full than half-empty.

The outcome of the game was still in doubt with about 15 seconds to go. If Heat-Check Okur doesn't make that shot, then the result could've gone Silver & Black.

The back-up PG is still an issue, so is the lack of perimeter shooting that has afflicted this team. Both Pop & Jerry Sloan are coaches that can JUNK UP a game. Yet the Spurs were still right there.

I am willing to watch them sear a little so that when the time comes they will have sizzle with their steak.