PDA

View Full Version : Trade Finley! .....Oh, wait...

SoCalSpursFan
01-28-2007, 06:37 PM
:rolleyes

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-28-2007, 06:40 PM
Let's see him do it for more than one game before we celebrate too much.

whottt
01-28-2007, 06:41 PM
Eh...it's about fucking time. I still say he needs to go. Hopefully he'll prove me wrong...for him to do that we'll have to win a title with him playing a major role.

RC's Boss
01-28-2007, 06:42 PM
Check his stats for the last 3 games

SenorSpur
01-28-2007, 06:43 PM

Totally agree. I'll give him props for hitting his first clutch shot in a Spurs uniform. But let's not start calling him MJ yet.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Check his stats for the last 3 games

So three games makes up for half of this season and all of last?

LaMarcus Bryant
01-28-2007, 06:45 PM
Is a player who makes 1 clutch shot every 40 games worth giving minutes to when he plays horrible defense and misses wide open threes in other situations?

Hmmm.

Manu_The _Best
01-28-2007, 06:48 PM

LET'S WAIT AND SEE HOW PERFORMS GOING FORWARD - the good news - he is having 2 good games in a row now, and I hope he keeps it going!!!

ChumpDumper
01-28-2007, 06:49 PM
Shot was a fluke.

We should give the game to the Lakers out of principle.

whottt
01-28-2007, 06:50 PM
LET'S WAIT AND SEE HOW PERFORMS GOING FORWARD - the good news - he is having 2 good games in a row now, and I hope he keeps it going!!!

Fair enough...make sure you tell that to SoCal when he gets done blowing Finley.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-28-2007, 06:53 PM
Is a player who makes 1 clutch shot every 40 games worth giving minutes to when he plays horrible defense and misses wide open threes in other situations?

Hmmm.

Hey, actually having 1 good game every 40 or so was working for the Malik fans at the end of his time in SA, maybe they can finally latch on to someone still on the team.

VaSpursFan
01-28-2007, 06:55 PM
fin ain't the savior by any means. this is the first game in a long time where he actually earned his paycheck. my takeaway, which i really liked, is that he was aggressive and looking for his shot. since he wasn't hesitating all game, it actually gave him the confidence to shoot the game winning 3. hopefully this gets him on track...but i ain't holding my breath

RC's Boss
01-28-2007, 06:56 PM
No, it means it may be a turning point. Quit being a dick! Who in the fuck would think 3 games makes a season :rolleyes There ain't shit worse than so-called fans that complain and look for shit to gripe about all the time :flipoff

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-28-2007, 06:59 PM
No, it means it may be a turning point. Quit being a dick! Who in the fuck would think 3 games makes a season :rolleyes There ain't shit worse than so-called fans that complain and look for shit to gripe about all the time :flipoff

I'm not looking for something to complain about. I'm being a realist. Let's see if he can keep playing like this before you get down on your knees to do a little hero worship.

RC's Boss
01-28-2007, 07:04 PM
I'm not looking for something to complain about. I'm being a realist. Let's see if he can keep playing like this before you get down on your knees to do a little hero worship.
And if he can't? Then what happens? Are you going to jump in front of a moving train? Atheletiscism wins games in the reg. season. I don't recall it EVER producing champions in the past decade!

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-28-2007, 07:05 PM
And if he can't? Then what happens? Are you going to jump in front of a moving train? Atheletiscism wins games in the reg. season. I don't recall it EVER producing champions in the past decade!

No, I'll laugh at people like you who got off on his three game stretch of decent basketball.

I could give a fuck about the regular season. All I really care about is the post-season.

RC's Boss
01-28-2007, 07:10 PM
I didn't "get off" Someone commented on it being one good game and I referenced the 2 before this one and I hope that it's a trend and he starts playing better. Of course I could comment on how well Tim's been playing the past 3 games as well and your ignant ass would still have some smart ass comment!

hitmanyr2k
01-28-2007, 07:12 PM
No, I'll laugh at people like you who got off on his three game stretch of decent basketball.

I could give a fuck about the regular season. All I really care about is the post-season.

Well Finley played a lot better in the playoffs than he did the regular season...even hit some big shots down the stretch in some of those games against the Mavs. Hell, none of the Spurs have played ball worth a damn the past month so I'm not going to put it all on Finley. He gave him the shot in the arm they needed today though. And he's the main reason this forum isn't over-run with Laker fans right now so be grateful :lol

GrandeDavid
01-28-2007, 07:13 PM

EXACTLY!!! Let's save the smart comments directed at those who have been criticizing Finley, at least not criticizing him in an immature or over the top fashion. Those who have been criticizing Finley have done so because he has often been defending inferior to a traffic light and has shot ice cold. Props to Fin, great job, way to step. Now KEEP it up, Fin.

The Truth #6
01-28-2007, 07:14 PM
I knew the shot was going to Finley because Finley was the last person who should be shooting the ball. And, he wasn't even really that wide open. Terrible play call by Pop. It's idiocy posing as some sort of clever trick play.

RS189
01-28-2007, 07:15 PM
You should trade him before people remember he sucks

hitmanyr2k
01-28-2007, 07:21 PM
I knew the shot was going to Finley because Finley was the last person who should be shooting the ball. And, he wasn't even really that wide open. Terrible play call by Pop. It's idiocy posing as some sort of clever trick play.

Finley should have been the only person shooting the ball at that point. He was the only Spur not playing like a pussy throughout the whole game and took the open shot when it presented itself. He was already 4/8 on threes and his last three point shot was half way down before it popped out. Why not give him the shot?

ChumpDumper
01-28-2007, 07:28 PM
I can't believe Finley lost the game for us again.

ducks
01-28-2007, 07:38 PM

mike was big postseason last year

johnpaulwall21
01-28-2007, 08:18 PM
yeah finley was probably the best coming off the bench last year during the playoffs, hopefully he will do that again.

Kermit
01-28-2007, 08:18 PM
i'll eat a slice of that crow. i've been on finley's ass all year, cringing evertime he shoots, cursing everytime pop puts him in the game. he came through big tonight. thanks mike. way to earn that $20 million.

bigdog
01-28-2007, 11:26 PM
well hey,when the coach tells you to shoot,i would do it. pop wants Fin to gain some confidence,he said that Mike was feeling down becaus eof his bad performances and his poor shooting,so pop told him to look for his shot and be aggressive on offense. at least he's shooting his wide open shots,while the others always make one extra pass and lead to turnovers. eventually mike will shoot better,hopefully this is the start of it.

Nero
01-28-2007, 11:30 PM
Great, this game will keep his 3pt % above 30% for at least 2 more games. Also his FG% above 35% for a few more. Awesome. I think our problems are solved.

Sacramental
01-29-2007, 02:35 AM
he has always been clutch

T Park
01-29-2007, 02:42 AM
I seem to remember Finley winning some games last year as well.

Clippers, Kings, Timberwolves, some others too.

Also, his three, gave the Spurs a lead at the end of game 3, in Dallas last year.

If Nowtizki does do his flop bullshit and fouls out duncan by stepping on his foot.

Thats a game winning shot.

Ignored by the continued haters though.

PM5K
01-29-2007, 02:49 AM
From a previous thread from sometime last year:

Example One:

OT:Raptors @ Toronto Spurs up by one with three minutes left, Finley hit's a three and then a two, giving us a six point lead, San Antonio wins the game and carries that lead winning by seven.

Example Two:

Sacramento @ San Antonio:

Finley, the longtime Dallas starter replacing the injured Manu Ginobili, hit a 20-foot jumper with 2.5 seconds left to give the Spurs a 90-89 win over the Sacramento Kings on Saturday night.

Example Three:

Denver @ San Antonio:

Michael Finley gave the San Antonio Spurs the instant offense they coveted when they signed him in the offseason.

Finley scored 11 of his 16 points during a four-minute span of the fourth quarter Tuesday to steady the struggling Spurs and help them to a 102-91 win over Denver.

Example Four:

Milwaukee @ San Antonio:

SAN ANTONIO (AP) -- San Antonio Spurs guard Michael Finley felt less pressure coming off the bench then starting. And it showed in the final three minutes of the game.

He hit two straight 3-pointers and then made four free throws in the closing seconds to hold off the Milwaukee Bucks 95-92 Wednesday night.

---------

And I don't even think those excerpts even show how much of an impact he had on those games. Against Denver we were down by two, Finley hit a two to tie it, then a three to put us up by two, then a dunk to put us up by four, and we never looked back.

Against Milwaukee we were down by two, Finley hit two three pointers in a row to put us up by by four, again we never looked back especially considering there was only 2:17 left when he hit the first three...

What's that? You say four games isn't enough, you want more huh?

Example Five:

Spurs @ Minnesota:

Michael Finley nearly signed with Minnesota this summer, ultimately choosing to leave Dallas for defending champion San Antonio.

On Thursday night, Finley left the Timberwolves frowning again.

The veteran swingman scored 21 points, including the last six for the Spurs, to help San Antonio hold off Minnesota 90-88.

In this game the Spurs were up by two, Finley hits a jumper to put us up by four, then a three right after that to put us up by five, both shots coming with less than three minutes to play....

So I guess last night was SIX