PDA

View Full Version : One game.

Marcus Bryant
01-28-2007, 10:25 PM
Great win, but let's see a few more of them before we believe they're cured. Absent poor FT shooting by the opponent or great FT shooting by the Spurs and this forum would be ready to trade TD. Good execution down the stretch. Let's see it again.

E20
01-28-2007, 10:27 PM
Yeah and let's try to beat a team like the Lakers which the Spurs should win by at least 15 without going into overtime.

Also, I'd like to see the field goal percentage go up. The Spurs were 32 for 95. :vomit

Our FT percentage on the other hand 22-24. :bling

Louie Vega
01-28-2007, 10:28 PM
Great win, but let's see a few more of them before we believed they're cured. Absent poor FT shooting by the opponent or great FT shooting by the Spurs and this forum would be ready to trade TD. Good execution down the stretch. Let's see it again.

I just hope this is the win that can point to as the big turnaround!

slayermin
01-28-2007, 10:30 PM
All I know is that the basketball gods were smiling on the Spurs today. It's difficult not to get excited for the rest of the RRT.

BeerIsGood!
01-28-2007, 10:34 PM
Yeah and let's try to beat a team like the Lakers which the Spurs should win by at least 15 without going into overtime.

Also, I'd like to see the field goal percentage go up. The Spurs were 32 for 95. :vomit

Our FT percentage on the other hand 22-24. :up

The Lakers aren't as bad as you think and the Spurs aren't as good as you think. They should not be 1-2 vs. the Lakers, but they are closer to even than they are 15 pts. better. This was a good win on the road.

E20
01-28-2007, 10:42 PM
The Lakers aren't as bad as you think and the Spurs aren't as good as you think. They should not be 1-2 vs. the Lakers, but they are closer to even than they are 15 pts. better. This was a good win on the road.
I know the Lakers aren't bad, I even said during November that the Lakers were for real and mistook them having the best record in the L at one point, but if the Spurs want another ring they need to be winning games against teams like this Laker team who have no answer for Tim Duncan in their F/C positions. (I mean come on a 19 year old and Ronny Turiaf.)

The good thing though is this was a good win starting out a long road trip so that should give the Spurs some confidence and hopefully they mesh together these road games and come out after the all-star game strong like they always do.

CubanMustGo
01-28-2007, 10:42 PM
This was a game the Spurs could have very easily folded up their tents and lost. Instead, they kept grinding on defense, kept after the offensive boards, and stayed within striking distance until it was money time. Manu and TP played their way out of their funks, Duncan played PG AND PF, and the comeback was a helluva way to start the road trip. Hopefully it's not the sole highlight over the next coupla weeks.

ducks
01-28-2007, 10:43 PM
mb is never happy
just enjoy the fucking w for tonight
bitch tomorrow

Marcus Bryant
01-28-2007, 10:44 PM
You're right, furball. I'm not happy. This win doesn't make a season nor make up for the fact they've played like crap up until this point.

Spurminator
01-28-2007, 10:46 PM
If the defense, rebounding and clutch shooting shown in this game is a sign of Spurs basketball to come, then sign me up for the bandwagon... This is the kind of game we suffered through during Championship runs.

No bullshit small ball, tough play on both sides of the floor. Except for the poor shooting, a damn near flawless game.

My excitement is back.

ducks
01-28-2007, 10:48 PM
You're right, furball. I'm not happy. This win doesn't make a season nor make up for the fact they've played like crap up until this point.

this is preason the real season starts in the postseason
so are you going to be not happy tell june for one night then bitch how cheap the ownership is the next day?

bigfundamental21
01-28-2007, 11:09 PM
This game was a positive start. We have had trouble coming back in games and I like the emotion that the players are showing. It's good to finally see Finley contributing. Pop should have started Finley instead of Barry. Barry does better coming off the bench. TD is playing out of his mind... two games in a row where he almost pulls off a Triple Double. The signs of life are there. I hope this momentum can be carried through the rest of the trip.

Extra Stout
01-29-2007, 12:29 AM
I hope this game once and for all puts to rest the excuse, "We just need our shots to fall."

No, what you need is to take off your skirts and play with hustle and intensity. When you do, good things happen.

Amuseddaysleeper
01-29-2007, 12:37 AM
Yes Marcus, it was just one win and the team's O is beyonf atrocious, but it was a great win.

Plus, the Spurs are a much better team on paper than they are on the court, to get a win like this with the way this team is playing right now is huge.

trueD
01-29-2007, 12:37 AM
This was a game the Spurs could have very easily folded up their tents and lost. Instead, they kept grinding on defense, kept after the offensive boards, and stayed within striking distance until it was money time. Manu and TP played their way out of their funks, Duncan played PG AND PF, and the comeback was a helluva way to start the road trip. Hopefully it's not the sole highlight over the next coupla weeks.

:clap

There's always gotta be a "one game" thread when the adrenaleine finally gets back down to normal.

Fact: In the end Spurs fought for a win at Staples on National T.V., and were successful. It was a fucking WIN! Some wins are just better than others, just like some losses are easier to stomach.

:toast

ShoogarBear
01-29-2007, 01:14 AM
I hope this game once and for all puts to rest the excuse, "We just need our shots to fall."

No, what you need is to take off your skirts and play with hustle and intensity. When you do, good things happen.:tu

It wasn't just the one win. It was more how they won, which was in a manner that Spurs teams are supposed to win.

SenorSpur
01-29-2007, 01:17 AM
Applaud the effort, the execution down the stretch and the wonders of great FT shooting. Let's see more of it.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
01-29-2007, 01:20 AM
yeah, if we play the defense like we did towards the latter half of this game like the Spurs of old, our shots will start falling better.

I think the Spurs have been too worried about their team offense falling early on for themselves, then when they'd show signs of struggling. They'd pout and lose those games.