PDA

View Full Version : Will pussy Kobe be fined or suspended?

Fabbs
01-28-2007, 11:32 PM
Or just skate?

We all know he skates, right?

The cheapshot on Manu who had just blocked his game winning attempt.
Followed by the fake *concern* for Manu lying on the floor.

Greg Oden
01-28-2007, 11:34 PM
spurs homers think that was intentional? :lmao

mardigan
01-28-2007, 11:36 PM
Niether, it wasnt a cheap shot, he was just trying to draw the foul, he went over to check on him too

ShackO
01-28-2007, 11:40 PM
I think we should leave it up to stu jackson and mr constern........

I liked that nice ending though.......Michael Finley for three w/ 1.3 on the clock.. HAHAHAHHAHAHeeeeeeeee.................. NICE.....

Amare_32
01-28-2007, 11:41 PM
Unless the Spurs push the issue nothing will happen to Kobe. Even then is a long shot.

Fabbs
01-28-2007, 11:46 PM
spurs homers think that was intentional? :lmao
Selling you Kobe underwear that you could sniff and adore would be just too easy.

Greg Oden
01-28-2007, 11:48 PM
well it wasn't intentional....you're just being a bitch try to blow something out of porportion.

T-Pain
01-29-2007, 01:35 AM
Or just skate?

:lol pussy kobe

Pistons < Spurs
01-29-2007, 01:37 AM
well it wasn't intentional....you're just being a bitch try to blow something out of porportion.

:tu

Trainwreck2100
01-29-2007, 01:43 AM

He;s not being a bitch, he's being fabbs, which is almost the exact same thing

ponky
01-29-2007, 03:53 AM
Or just skate?

:lmao :lmao :lmao

dieman8686
01-29-2007, 04:00 AM
I hate Kobe and all, but that was defiantly not intentional...he was just trying to sell a call...anyone who thinks otherwise is a complete homer. P.S. watch the :downspin: replays. :pctoss

ChumpDumper
01-29-2007, 04:07 AM
If it's not intentional, it's an foul.

If it's intentional, it's a technical or worse.

Something should have been called. Period.

ponky
01-29-2007, 04:34 AM
If it's not intentional, it's an foul.

If it's intentional, it's a technical or worse.

Something should have been called. Period.

they would never call that with 0:00 secs left to play

ChumpDumper
01-29-2007, 04:34 AM
Not on Kobe, no.

ponky
01-29-2007, 04:41 AM
Not on Kobe, no.

when it's ginobili, i'd wanna see replay if i was a ref cuz he sometimes has a tendency to fall and bounce off things...flailing arms are a hazard, kobe and everyone not named kobe should stop doing it

ChumpDumper
01-29-2007, 04:47 AM
It was pretty hard to miss Kobe flailing his arm like that though. I've never seen Manu bounce of something with his face after a fall.

ponky
01-29-2007, 04:52 AM
It was pretty hard to miss Kobe flailing his arm like that though. I've never seen Manu bounce of something with his face after a fall.

it's pretty hard to miss manu flopping as well with arms flailing...he has injured himself and others in the past with the exagerrated movements, doesn't matter that it's not the face. anyway, i digress, this is a moot point because we obviously disagree and i'm not about to take up a cause for kobe with that much vigor...i like his team's play this year but it's not like i'm going out to buy a jersey or anything

ChumpDumper
01-29-2007, 04:54 AM
it's pretty hard to miss manu flopping as well with arms flailingYeah, but he was blocking the shot with his arms. The only exaggerated movement was Kobe clobbering Manu with his arm in the most unnatural follow-through ever executed after a shot. If we're going to follow Cuban's desires in these matters, a foul should have been called. It's pretty simple.

Cry Havoc
01-29-2007, 05:02 AM
they would never call that with 0:00 secs left to play

Really? So you can throw punches with 0:00 left? Or cave in the side of someone's face? Why is it LESS of a foul with time running out on the clock? Please answer me with some logic here. Because... I mean... it's definitely something the league needs to overlook... I mean, the score and making the game end excitedly is what's important... not... protecting it's players from needless injury.... :clap

kingsfan
01-29-2007, 05:06 AM
Damn I missed it, wtf happened?

dieman8686
01-29-2007, 05:08 AM
Really? So you can throw punches with 0:00 left? Or cave in the side of someone's face? Yeah... definitely something the league needs to overlook... I mean, the score and making the game end excitedly is what's important... not... protecting it's players from needless injury.... :clap
Throwing punches is intentional, what Kobe did was not intentional and was not a punch. I love it when people take things out of proportion to try and make things relevant :downspin: .

ChumpDumper
01-29-2007, 05:09 AM
After Manu blocked Kobe's last shot in regulation, Kobe flailed out his right arm in an attempt to look like he was drawing contact and tagged Manu in the face. Nothing malicious, but definitely foulworthy.

ponky
01-29-2007, 05:11 AM
Yeah, but he was blocking the shot with his arms. If we're going to follow Cuban's desires in these matters, a foul should have been called. It's pretty simple.

Why would we follow Cuban's desires? He's a hot-headed fan of the game and not always unbiased in his desires when it comes to officiating. I can appreciate Cuban's enthusiasm but like my bf, he's not always unbiased when it comes to the Mavs and how they're treated. My reference to Manu's flopping had nothing to do with how he defended Kobe last night, it was more an assessment of the fact that such antics are rewarded so players try extra hard to *get the call* and sometimes they end up hurting others with all the unnecessary movements. Manu on Barbosa was completely avoidable but I'm sure it was also accidental. Anyway, whether it should or should not have been called is a different matter than all the posters calling Kobe a "bitch," questioning his concern and saying that the act was a "cheapshot." Bah, I said I wasn't going to defend this but the lawyer in me can't resist.

ChumpDumper
01-29-2007, 05:15 AM
Why would we follow Cuban's desires?A foul is a foul. I happen to agree with that contention.

Earlier I called Kobe a thug halfway jokingly because I was pissed at the time, but I'm sure the hit to the face wasn't intentional. Still, that kind of contact merits a foul, and no lawyer could convince me otherwise.

dieman8686
01-29-2007, 05:15 AM
After Manu blocked Kobe's last shot in regulation, Kobe flailed out his right arm in an attempt to look like he was drawing contact and tagged Manu in the face. Nothing malicious, but definitely foulworthy.
Agreed, but like ponky said(well the meaning) the time played a role in a non-call, refs will swallow their whistles at the end of games...I think you know about this, won't go any further.

ChumpDumper
01-29-2007, 05:16 AM
Agreed, but like ponky said(well the meaning) the time played a role in a non-call, refs will swallow their whistles at the end of games...I think you know about this, won't go any further.Depends on the player. I don't expect that to be called on Kobe or other stars -- that's the problem.

ponky
01-29-2007, 05:22 AM
A foul is a foul. I happen to agree with that contention.

Earlier I called Kobe a thug halfway jokingly because I was pissed at the time, but I'm sure the hit to the face wasn't intentional. Still, that kind of contact merits a foul, and no lawyer could convince me otherwise.

what dieman said, which was my original argument. a law is a law too but that doesn't mean squat in certain situations! eh, i'm bored, where's fillmoe?

Cry Havoc
01-29-2007, 05:29 AM
Throwing punches is intentional, what Kobe did was not intentional and was not a punch. I love it when people take things out of proportion to try and make things relevant :downspin: .

No, my point is that wreckless play and hard contact are FOULS, regardless of how much time is left. If that IS intentional, Kobe should be suspended. Regardless, it should have been called.

Unless you'd really like to make the argument that it's not a foul? The only thing that's not relevant here that you're obsessed with is how much time is left on the clock. Last time I checked, the rulebook doesn't work on a sliding scale with the amount of time remaining in regulation.

*edit* Whoops. Well, sorry about the video link.

ponky
01-29-2007, 05:31 AM
Depends on the player. I don't expect that to be called on Kobe or other stars -- that's the problem.

or on ginobili, on duncan, on dirk, on wade, etc etc etc

kobe has accumulated more calls this season and last season than ginobili, duncan, dirk, or wade...it's not like the refs won't call fouls on kobe...it's that they won't call them at the END OF THE GAME to decide the game with 0:00 secs left

ChumpDumper
01-29-2007, 05:33 AM
or on ginobili, on duncan, on dirk, on wade, etc etc etcI said "other stars," counselor.

ponky
01-29-2007, 05:39 AM
I said "other stars," counselor.

haha, i know...btw, i only mentioned the whole legal thing because i can't resist a good *cough*argument*cough* not for any other reason, i hate 99% of the legal world and its components and i rarely mention this shadier side of my background because it sucks

i agree with you about the whole star treatment thing but that's not going to change so everybody should have a star on their team so that they can partake of some pie! :)

kskonn
01-29-2007, 08:44 AM
i agree with you about the whole star treatment thing but that's not going to change so everybody should have a star on their team so that they can partake of some pie! :)

exactly. Duncan got a way with a little contact when he was playing with 5 fouls during the end of reg and overtime, the refs were not going to foul him out unless it was an obvious call. Every team with a legit superstar gets those breaks. IT is the same reason they did not call the foul on kobe on the horry shot, kobe knew he fouled him but in that situation it is not going to get called 85% of the time. As far as the "punch/hit" I thought it was just incendental contact, did not think it was intentional. It also makes it hard to call knowing Ginobli's history of drawing calls. I know there was blood and he was not flopping on that play but the refs can't make a call 10 seconds after the play when they realize he actually got hit.

Supergirl
01-29-2007, 08:55 AM
I didn't think it looked intentional. It didn't look like he even knew he hit him till he was down.

I saw a couple cheap shots that the Lakers got away with, but on that last play it looked clean, for both players. Just bad luck.

Johnny RIngo
01-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Kobe's throwing elbows now? Looks like the rapist picked something up from Karl Malone after all.

SirChaz
01-29-2007, 10:20 AM
James Jones did the same thing to Damon Jones yesterday trying to draw a foul.
And last week against NY if I remember right.

Guys do it all the time trying to take contact on a jumpshot. It is a dangerous and non-basketball play but guys shouldn't be suspended. Refs should call an offensive foul if they see a guy swinging his arm out after a shot.

I know JJ has been called for a offensive foul for sticking his leg out to far on a jumper before.

Chris Childs
01-29-2007, 10:58 AM
?

cheguevara
01-29-2007, 11:14 AM
Manu obviously fouled Kobe with his face then flopped. He even had a ketchup bag that he faked as blood.

LakeShow
01-29-2007, 12:01 PM
Another one of these threads? :dramaquee Pitiful!

mabber
01-29-2007, 12:59 PM
Depends on the player. I don't expect that to be called on Kobe or other stars -- that's the problem.

I bet Manu would have been called for the foul for hitting the hand/arm with his face if it were Wade instead of Kobe :lol

Fabbs
01-29-2007, 01:22 PM
I bet Manu would have been called for the foul for hitting the hand/arm with his face if it were Wade instead of Kobe :lol
Wade getting more calls then Kobme in an ABC game? I doubt it.
Sure thing tho:

Have GNob foul Kobme just as Kobme did to GNob.
GNob gets whistled for foul and probably technical 100%.

TheNextGen
01-29-2007, 01:35 PM
Its simple...Kobe tried to sell a foul and it just so happen that Manu's face was right there. Kobe isn't the type to be physical like that. The only time he did act up was on Mike Miller...but then again Miller made Kobe get stitches to his face a period earlier.

TheNextGen
01-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Wade getting more calls then Kobme in an ABC game? I doubt it.
Sure thing tho:

Have GNob foul Kobme just as Kobme did to GNob.
GNob gets whistled for foul and probably technical 100%.

You obviously havent been watching Lakers game in the past 2 years, Kobe doesnt get any calls anymore.

Fabbs
01-29-2007, 01:39 PM
Its simple...Kobe tried to sell a foul and it just so happen that Manu's face was right there. Kobe isn't the type to be physical like that. The only time he did act up was on Mike Miller...but then again Miller made Kobe get stitches to his face a period earlier.
Wrong. The elbow to Mike Bibbys face in the 2002 fixed playoff year.

kskonn
01-29-2007, 01:48 PM
You obviously havent been watching Lakers game in the past 2 years, Kobe doesnt get any calls anymore.

well to be fair he may not get calls, but he didn't get called on that horry shot at the end of regulation, even he said it was a foul. Despite that it was two guys trying to make a play for their team and someone got hurt. Ginobli will be fine and kobe wasn't trying to take anyones head off. If they had called a defensive foul on that play I could see why people would say that Kobe gets preferential treatment. Players get away with that stuff all the time.

TheNextGen
01-29-2007, 02:37 PM
Wrong. The elbow to Mike Bibbys face in the 2002 fixed playoff year.

ok fine..lets add that one into it. 2 occasions in the last 10 years. What an ass! Lets call Kobe the Butcher!

TheNextGen
01-29-2007, 02:40 PM
well to be fair he may not get calls, but he didn't get called on that horry shot at the end of regulation, even he said it was a foul. Despite that it was two guys trying to make a play for their team and someone got hurt. Ginobli will be fine and kobe wasn't trying to take anyones head off. If they had called a defensive foul on that play I could see why people would say that Kobe gets preferential treatment. Players get away with that stuff all the time.

True, but at the same time, he doesnt get calls as well when taking shots. There were plenty of games in which Kobe drives to the hole and doesnt get calls. I think its more blame to the refs, not the Superstars. The only player i know in the league who get stupid calls is DWADE.

Fabbs
01-29-2007, 02:56 PM
ok fine..lets add that one into it. 2 occasions in the last 10 years. What an ass! Lets call Kobe the Butcher!
I'm sure there are plenty more. Those are just two blatant ones.

Purple & Gold
01-29-2007, 04:44 PM
Are you guys still crying about this? Act like former champions. Former champions don't ask for FT's at the end of the game.

ChumpDumper
01-29-2007, 05:00 PM
Kobe sure was after that dunk attempt. And that was the whole reason he flailed his arm in the first place.

hitmanyr2k
01-29-2007, 05:18 PM
True, but at the same time, he doesnt get calls as well when taking shots. There were plenty of games in which Kobe drives to the hole and doesnt get calls. I think its more blame to the refs, not the Superstars. The only player i know in the league who get stupid calls is DWADE.

Perhaps Kobe should go to the rim like a man and stop yelling "HEY" and acting like he's getting hit all the time...then maybe the refs will treat him with some respect.

Honestly I noticed Kobe stopped getting his superstar calls right after he duped the refs into giving him 2 free throws on the final possession against the Jazz last year. He went up for a shot that was contested by Devin Brown and even though Brown didn't lay a finger on him Kobe threw up the shot, cried out like he was being killed and gyrated his body in the air like a fish out of water (similar to the same crap he did yesterday only 10 times worse) :lol

The refs bought it and gave him two FTs which tied the game up. I think the refs tend to remember when you make them look foolish and they don't forget so Kobe doesn't get that benefit anymore.

Purple & Gold
01-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Perhaps Kobe should go to the rim like a man and stop yelling "HEY" and acting like he's getting hit all the time...then maybe the refs will treat him with some respect.

Honestly I noticed Kobe stopped getting his superstar calls right after he duped the refs into giving him 2 free throws on the final possession against the Jazz last year. He went up for a shot that was contested by Devin Brown and even though Brown didn't lay a finger on him Kobe threw up the shot, cried out like he was being killed and gyrated his body in the air like a fish out of water (similar to the same crap he did yesterday only 10 times worse) :lol

The refs bought it and gave him two FTs which tied the game up. I think the refs tend to remember when you make them look foolish and they don't forget so Kobe doesn't get that benefit anymore.
It's been way longer than last year smart guy.

Purple & Gold
01-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Kobe sure was after that dunk attempt. And that was the whole reason he flailed his arm in the first place.
He's a player. All players ask for calls. Your a fan. Stop crying. :cry

ChumpDumper
01-29-2007, 05:43 PM
He's a player. All players ask for calls. Your a fan. Stop crying. :cry:lmao Tell Kobe to stop crying!

And stay in school.

TheNextGen
01-29-2007, 06:16 PM

Good post...but yah...Kobe is definately not in the SUPERSTAR call list.

Purple & Gold
01-29-2007, 11:54 PM
:lmao Tell Kobe to stop crying!

And stay in school.
:loser

And change that gay ass name you have.

Amare_32
01-29-2007, 11:59 PM
Good post...but yah...Kobe is definately not in the SUPERSTAR call list.

Kobe should change his name DWade. Honestly though Kobe does have a point. He practically gets raped everytime he goes to the rim with no calls. You even as much as wave at Wade he is getting freethrows. Not even LeBron gets Wade's calls. For some reason teams are allowed to be more physical with LeBron and Kobe than with Wade.

ponky
01-30-2007, 12:06 AM
Kobe should change his name DWade. Honestly though Kobe does have a point. He practically gets raped everytime he goes to the rim with no calls. You even as much as wave at Wade he is getting freethrows. Not even LeBron gets Wade's calls. For some reason teams are allowed to be more physical with LeBron and Kobe than with Wade.

yeah, i don't get this at all. lebron and kobe are big-time stars and even more popular than wade but maybe it's because of their size and the fact that they don't fall down all the time? wade looks (and is) smaller and does a better job of selling the foul to the ref. he doesn't always get these calls though, maybe it depends on particular refs

Amare_32
01-30-2007, 12:09 AM
yeah, i don't get this at all. lebron and kobe are big-time stars and even more popular than wade but maybe it's because of their size and the fact that they don't fall down all the time? wade looks (and is) smaller and does a better job of selling the foul to the ref. he doesn't always get these calls though, maybe it depends on particular refs

The one team that I see that appears to be allowed to be physical with Wade is the Bulls. Hinrich does a great job defending him. The Heat are 0-3 vs the Bulls this season.

mavs>spurs2
01-30-2007, 12:50 AM
And stay in school.

At least he's original..... :rolleyes

RonMexico
01-30-2007, 02:04 AM
I think we should leave it up to stu jackson and mr constern........

I liked that nice ending though.......Michael Finley for three w/ 1.3 on the clock.. HAHAHAHHAHAHeeeeeeeee.................. NICE.....

Kind of made up for the Horry 3-pointer years ago?

Cry Havoc
01-30-2007, 02:17 AM
The one team that I see that appears to be allowed to be physical with Wade is the Bulls. Hinrich does a great job defending him. The Heat are 0-3 vs the Bulls this season.

Hinrich is probably the most underrated defender in the league. No one talks about that guy but he is becoming a complete lock down on whoever he guards.

RonMexico
01-30-2007, 04:13 AM
Hinrich is probably the most underrated defender in the league. No one talks about that guy but he is becoming a complete lock down on whoever he guards.

Except against Greece.... *grumble*

ChumpDumper
01-30-2007, 04:21 AM
At least he's original..... :rolleyesNot in his spelling errors, doofus.

ChumpDumper
01-30-2007, 04:23 AM
:loser

And change that gay ass name you have.All the better that it pisses you off.

Purple & Gold
01-30-2007, 10:08 AM
All the better that it pisses you off.
OK homo, I'll try not to lose to much sleep over it. :rolleyes

Purple & Gold
01-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Not in his spelling errors, doofus.
:lol Damn you sound like a Douche. :lol

mikejones99
01-30-2007, 12:39 PM
of course it was intentional, that is why he is suspended for a game. Kobe was pissed Manu blocked his shot and Kobe does have a history of some cheap shots when he gets angry. TGhe Spurs knew this but would rather let the league handle it tahn bitch.

johnpaulwall21
01-30-2007, 12:40 PM
hey wassup mike jones long time no see

ChumpDumper
01-30-2007, 01:47 PM
Purple and Yella is now in mourning.

JamStone
01-30-2007, 02:53 PM
Wait ... so Kobe gets a one game suspension for flailing his arms and hitting Manu in the face on at least an ARGUABLY unintentional play during the game. And, Kevin Garnett gets ONE GAME for shoving McDyess, throwing the basketball at him, and then swinging a punch that doesn't connect after the play is already over?

Come on, Stern.

mardigan
01-30-2007, 03:08 PM
Purple and Yellow is brand new on here and might already be the worst poster by far, trying to talk shit is an artform that he has no grasp of

mabber
01-30-2007, 03:11 PM
Wait ... so Kobe gets a one game suspension for flailing his arms and hitting Manu in the face on at least an ARGUABLY unintentional play during the game. And, Kevin Garnett gets ONE GAME for shoving McDyess, throwing the basketball at him, and then swinging a punch that doesn't connect after the play is already over?

Come on, Stern.

There is something not right about that. I never thought what Kobe did was intentional in regards to trying to hurt Manu. Obviously, he was flailing his arms to try to draw a foul but I didn't think it deserved a suspension. The Spurs must have raised hell about it to the league (although we'll never find out if they did or didn't). Of course, Spur's fans are going to say that they didn't so save yourself the time & effort...I really don't care that much about the suspension one way or the other.

mardigan
01-30-2007, 03:12 PM
^^I think the fact that there wasnt a foul called on the play hurt Kobe, may have even been the reason for the suspension. There is about to be a piece on it on outside the lines, on right now on espn

White Goodman
01-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Spurs probably whined and bitched to the league office about the particular play and got Kobe suspended…fucking rednecks :sombrero:

Shit...lets get Horry suspended for diving on top of Bynum like a flaming homo :elephant

ChumpDumper
01-30-2007, 05:38 PM
Spurs probably whined and bitched to the league office about the particular play and got Kobe suspended…fucking rednecksYeah, because the league would never review a controversial play at the end of a nationally televised game AND they are swayed by the protests of their 3rd smallest market team over their 2nd largest. It makes perfect sense.

Pero
01-30-2007, 05:43 PM
Kind of made up for the Horry 3-pointer years ago?

Not really... That was in the playoffs...