PDA

View Full Version : Hippies in Cali block building of new stadium

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-29-2007, 01:58 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2747159

Does anything worthwhile come out of California? (outside of Kori and her degree).

01-29-2007, 02:03 PM
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9195/21d1j06up7.jpg

Shelly
01-29-2007, 02:07 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2747159

Does anything worthwhile come out of California? (outside of Kori and her degree).

One, it's Berkeley. They are in their own little world there. Two, me! :tu

Viva Las Espuelas
01-29-2007, 02:09 PM
California. Land of Fruits and Nuts.

Trainwreck2100
01-29-2007, 02:13 PM
I think it has more to do with the fact that if there is an earthquake, everyone in it is fucked. Rather than potheads sitting in trees

ATX Spur
01-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Sounds at least reasonable. Some people don't like sports and think that $125 million can be better spent than uprooting oak trees along a dangerous fault.

Get a clue, AHF.

NorCal510
01-29-2007, 02:35 PM
stop hating

like shelly said, its berkeley every crackhead/hippy lives there. its like san antonio and its hispanics. well that wasnt a good comparison.

exstatic
01-29-2007, 08:12 PM
Sorry, this was just WAY too funny, and too Cali, too.

Plans to cut down about three dozen oaks to make way for the center stirred the most visible protest, with activists taking to the trees last month and remaining at their perch through December rains and even some minor earthquakes.
Shock the Monkey?
Something knocked me out' the trees
Now I'm on my knees
:lmao

E20
01-29-2007, 08:14 PM
A lot of good things come out of Cali. Most notably me........,but some other things too.

thispego
01-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Sorry, this was just WAY too funny, and too Cali, too.

Shock the Monkey?
Something knocked me out' the trees
Now I'm on my knees
:lmao
exstatic, i am sorry but that is the worst song/petergabriel song ever

E20
01-29-2007, 08:22 PM
Actually I didn't read the article and didn't know it was about Cal's stadium, but those hippies gotta move out of the way and build a new one, because the whole stadium is slanted and if a earthquake were to happen the stands would basically fall over, smashing people face first. It's a real hazard just to be sitting there, the whole foundation of the stadium is unstable.

But another good thing that comes out of the Golden State of California is:

Bruce Bowen - Cal State Fullerton.

johngateswhiteley
01-29-2007, 08:33 PM

i'm not from there, but me...bitch. California rocks...and so does my chica Kewl azz Kat.

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-29-2007, 08:44 PM
Sounds at least reasonable. Some people don't like sports and think that $125 million can be better spent than uprooting oak trees along a dangerous fault.

Get a clue, AHF.

You might have a point if they were protesting every building going up. But they're not, just a sports arena. If the university raised the money, did the engineering research, and had everything in order, who are some tree climbing hippies to tell them how to run their school?

KewlKat00
01-29-2007, 10:01 PM
my chica Kewl azz Kat.

ha, thanks for the nickname. but technically i came from texas and still claim it as my home more than 6 years later.

obviously, i think this is great since i can't stand cal. the stadium currently has the worst bathroom and concession lines. not only are they long, but they're in an old, cramped walkway. i swear the bathroom stalls are the smallest i've seen and there are only a handful in each. then not to mention they ran out of pretty much everything including water by halftime of the last usc-cal game in 2005. they could lose tedford, the best thing to happen to their football team, if things don't keep moving.

exstatic
01-29-2007, 10:19 PM
exstatic, i am sorry but that is the worst song/petergabriel song ever
I know, but the whole "something knocked me out the trees" reference was too funny and appropriate. :lol

ATX Spur
01-29-2007, 11:16 PM
You might have a point if they were protesting every building going up. But they're not, just a sports arena. If the university raised the money, did the engineering research, and had everything in order, who are some tree climbing hippies to tell them how to run their school?

How do I have only have a point if they're not protesting every building going up?

Extra Stout
01-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Is there any way they can demolish the entire San Francisco Bay Area so it can revert back to nature?

Bob Lanier
01-29-2007, 11:42 PM
Good.

Fucking student athletes should stop being such entitled pussies and just go pro.

CuckingFunt
01-30-2007, 12:19 AM
My father lived in the Bay Area when I was growing up, so I've got a fondness for those Berkeley hippies. However, it's more of an earthquake issue than a tree issue. Building codes and safety requirements are still being heavily influenced by the '89 Loma Prieta quake.