PDA

View Full Version : 2007 PlayStation® Skills Challenge Participants

Kori Ellis
01-29-2007, 03:45 PM
NEW YORK, Jan. 29, 2007 – Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade will defend his PlayStation® Skills Challenge title against three of the league’s biggest stars on Feb. 17 as part of NBA All-Star Saturday Night at Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas. The competitors hoping to deny Wade’s quest for a repeat are the Los Angeles Lakers’ Kobe Bryant, the Cleveland Cavaliers’ LeBron James and the Phoenix Suns’ Steve Nash.

The PlayStation Skills Challenge was introduced at NBA All-Star 2003 in Atlanta and consists of four players competing in a two-round timed “obstacle course” consisting of dribbling, passing and shooting stations. All players must observe basic NBA ball-handling rules while completing the course. The two players with the fastest times from the first round advance to the finals with the order of competition determined by inverse order of the first round times. At the discretion of the referee, television instant replay may be consulted for clarification of rules compliance.

Wade, who defeated James in the finals of the 2006 PlayStation Skills Challenge in Houston, is tied with Bryant for third in the NBA in scoring, averaging 28.4 points per game. Nash, who won the event in 2005 in Denver, currently leads the league in assists with 11.8 per game. James, who was the leading vote-getter for this year’s All-Star game, is seventh in the league in scoring at 27.2 points per game.

The PlayStation Skills Challenge will be televised live nationally as part of the NBA All-Star Saturday Night, which will also feature the Foot Locker Three-Point Shootout, Sprite Rising Stars Slam Dunk and Haier Shooting Stars. TNT and ESPN Radio’s national coverage will begin at 8 p.m. EST from the Thomas & Mack Center. The NBA All-Star Game on Sunday, Feb. 18, will air live on TNT, ESPN Radio and in more than 200 countries and territories worldwide.

About Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc.

Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. continues to redefine the entertainment lifestyle with its PlayStation® and PS one® game console, the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, and the ground-breaking PLAYSTATION®3 (PS3™) computer entertainment system. Recognized as the undisputed industry leader, Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. markets the PlayStation family of products and develops, publishes, markets, and distributes software for the PS one game console, the PlayStation 2 computer entertainment system, the PSP system and the PS3 system for the North American market. Based in Foster City, Calif. Sony Computer Entertainment America, Inc. serves as headquarters for all North American operations and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.

Attached are the participants for the 2007 PlayStation Skills Challenge:

2007 PLAYSTATION SKILLS CHALLENGE COMPETITORS
Participant, Team Pos. Ht. Wt.
Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers G 6-6 220
LeBron James, Cleveland F 6-8 240
Steve Nash, Phoenix G 6-3 195
Dwyane Wade, Miami G 6-4 212

PLAYSTATION SKILLS CHALLENGE YEAR-BY-YEAR WINNERS
2003 – Jason Kidd, New Jersey
2004 – Baron Davis, New Orleans
2005 – Steve Nash, Phoenix
2006 – Dwyane Wade, Miami

Buddy Holly
01-29-2007, 03:53 PM
LeBron, Kobe, and Wade can all do the skills challenge but not the dunk contest?

Trainwreck2100
01-29-2007, 03:54 PM
LeBron, Kobe, and Wade can all do the skills challenge but not the dunk contest?

i was thinking the same thing

tlongII
01-29-2007, 05:44 PM
I hope Nash wins.

ShoogarBear
01-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Skills Challenge takes a lot less out of you than the Dunk Contest.

Medvedenko
01-29-2007, 06:00 PM
If Kobe wins the media will deem him selfish....If he doesn't than the media will say he's not as skilled as the rest...

Medvedenko
01-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Who's in the dunk comp....

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-29-2007, 08:39 PM
I wonder if Lebron's still going to be too big a pussy to step up to the dunk contest.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-29-2007, 08:43 PM
If Kobe wins the media will deem him selfish....If he doesn't than the media will say he's not as skilled as the rest...

I'm pretty sure the media won't say anything

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
01-29-2007, 08:46 PM
I wonder if Lebron's still going to be too big a pussy to step up to the dunk contest.

He won't be in the dunk contest. Why not? because he wouldn't win, Lebron is not creative enough with his dunks to live up to the hype of him being in the dunk contest.

I really wish Vince Carter would do another dunk contest before he loses any more of his hops

WalterBenitez
01-29-2007, 08:48 PM
I hope Manu not stand next to Kobe ... you know that joystick :fight

kobe_bryant
01-29-2007, 08:52 PM
I will enter the 2008 Dunk Contest.

I will take away Wade's title this year.

bigfundamental21
01-29-2007, 11:27 PM
Isn't the skills challenge supposed to be a point guard type contest? Kobe and Lebron belong in the dunk contest. They are just too scared.

Louie Vega
01-29-2007, 11:30 PM

Lebroad Sucks!

Greg Oden
01-29-2007, 11:36 PM
Apart from being able to grab a quarter off the top of the backboard and doning the same reverse dunk every fucking time he dunks, he's not that great of a dunker. Go look at his MCdonalds dunk contest. He fucking sucked....he just jumped so high and hung in the air for so long it looked like he was doing great dunks.

ducks
01-29-2007, 11:52 PM
nope his big toe is hurting him
so he is sitting

Aggie Hoopsfan
01-30-2007, 12:11 AM
Apart from being able to grab a quarter off the top of the backboard and doning the same reverse dunk every fucking time he dunks, he's not that great of a dunker. Go look at his MCdonalds dunk contest. He fucking sucked....he just jumped so high and hung in the air for so long it looked like he was doing great dunks.

Yep. The kid in the dunk contest against Lebron in HS was actually the better dunker. It's just they had all the Cleveland players there judging the damn thing and everyone oohed and aahed over James jumping up high and doing the same boring shit over and over again.

ducks, LBJ won't ever do a dunk contest because he's not creative enough to win, and he doesn't want to face the embarrassment.

ducks
01-30-2007, 12:14 AM
that is true and he is to cheap to pay someone to come up with something
because he wants to be rich!