PDA

View Full Version : Air America Bankrupt! (Franken Fired!)

Nbadan
01-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Ok, not really, but you would never know different listening to wing-nut radio..

Air America Radio, in Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings since October, will be rescued at the 11th hour by Manhattan real estate developer Stephen L. Green.

Al Franken, the best-known host of the liberal network, will announce his expected departure on his show later today, to explore a run for the U.S. Senate from Minnesota.

Green is the brother of Mark Green, the New York Democrat who served as the city's public advocate in the 90s and ran for mayor against Michael Bloomberg in 2001.

He has already signed a letter of intent, and plans to finalize a purchase agreement within the week.

Air America CEO Scott Elberg confirmed the sale. "This is a great thing, for our affiliates, the company, the audience and every employee in our organization."

Green is chairman of SL Green Realty Corp, a real estate investment trust specializing in office buildings with a market cap of $12 billion.

Stephen, who backed Rudolph Giuliani in both of his New York mayoral runs, has supported Democrats other than his brother. He was a major fundraiser for John Kerry's '04 presidential campaign.

Brother Mark is a frequent guest on Air America, and sat in for David Bender, the host of the Air America show Politically Direct, for a couple of weeks earlier this month.

When Franken leaves the network in a few weeks, he'll be replaced by Thom Hartmann, who already has a syndicated show on the network's lineup.

Huffington Post (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2007/01/29/exclusive-air-america-re_n_39897.html)

Good for Air America, Good-luck to Franken going after Wellstone's old seat and yeah for Thom Hartman, but he's still no Stephanie Miller.

01-29-2007, 05:49 PM
They sold out to the man!

johngateswhiteley
01-30-2007, 12:30 AM
democrats are too fucking smug...they invented smug..neo-cons just perfected it

you are starting to sound like mookie...."neocon this, neocon that, neocon, neocon, neocon, neocon, neocon"....damn, give it a rest already.

LaMarcus Bryant
01-30-2007, 01:01 AM
Why does every aggy fan have to be republican? Why do people who like going to the Dixie Chicken label themselves as conservative on their myspace?

gtownspur
01-30-2007, 01:11 AM
Why does every aggy fan have to be republican? Why do people who like going to the Dixie Chicken label themselves as conservative on their myspace?

Victoria UT circle jerk forum.

johngateswhiteley
01-30-2007, 01:32 AM

why does every t.u. fan have to be stupid? as for me being conservative (you stated every Aggie was), i tend to vote that way as i believe their policies and strategies to be more sound. but i have no problem voting for the best candidate....as things stand now, i am so sick of the government and their insistence on:

1. robing us
2. limiting our freedoms
3. getting involved in every aspect of our life

...fuck the government and most of the politicians. btw, i love the USA and i'd rather not be anywhere else...i just wish Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson were still alive, they beat the shit out of the chumps running our country now. hell, they might even kill themselves...

mookie2001
01-30-2007, 02:39 AM
I agree with jgw but you have to admit people that go to aTm are far more conservative than UT students are Liberal. since theyre YOUNG and support BUSH one would label them neocons

mookie2001
01-30-2007, 02:42 AM
UT being some sort of Liberal mecca is the biggest myth since Marriott

johngateswhiteley
01-30-2007, 03:24 AM
I agree with jgw but you have to admit people that go to aTm are far more conservative than UT students are Liberal. since theyre YOUNG and support BUSH one would label them neocons

i'd say more students at A&M are conservative rather than liberal...yes. but think about it...you have more students that go to A&M from much smaller towns and from agricultural backgrounds, than you do going to t.u.. when i was at A&M it appeared there were 2 students from small towns to every 1 from a large city. your surroundings, what happens to you, and how you react...create who you are.

i'm not sure that being young has anything to do with it, or maybe i am not completely grasping what a neo-con is.

btw, i don't see how anyone can have faith in our government anymore...all the squabbling for power and scraps, its crazy. i often criticize our citizens, mainly b/c they are usually out of their minds...bored, fat, and lazy. its disgusting. but i have faith in them (the people), we just need to wake up...

gtownspur
01-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Neocon= Bush supporter, according to the simple minds of Mookie and CBF.

xrayzebra
01-30-2007, 03:04 PM
i love the USA and i'd rather not be anywhere else...i just wish Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson were still alive, they beat the shit out of the chumps running our country now. hell, they might even kill themselves...

I just wished we had Ronald Regan back.
:elephant

Ocotillo
01-30-2007, 10:13 PM
1. robing us

Yeah mofo, I like to pick my own robes. :lol

johngateswhiteley
01-30-2007, 11:26 PM
Yeah mofo, I like to pick my own robes. :lol

nice :lol

Bob Lanier
01-31-2007, 12:45 AM
I just wished we had Ronald Regan back.
:elephant
An accomplishment worthy of the man himself.

johngateswhiteley
01-31-2007, 09:42 PM
but anyway, neocons and liberals are smug. discuss.

...i'd like to take this moment and declare my switch to the Libertarian Party. i am tired of the 'two' party system...they both suck.

mookie2001
01-31-2007, 09:56 PM
agree

johngateswhiteley
01-31-2007, 10:17 PM
agree

well, thats at least 2 that i know now...its a start.

shelshor
02-01-2007, 01:27 AM
...i'd like to take this moment and declare my switch to the Libertarian Party. i am tired of the 'two' party system...they both suck.
Welcome

sabar
02-01-2007, 02:38 AM
If I may borrow a scene from The Simpsons.

Homer: America, take a good look at your beloved candidates. They're
nothing but hideous space reptiles. [unmasks them]
[audience gasps in terror]
Kodos: It's true, we are aliens. But what are you going to do about
it? It's a two-party system; you have to vote for one of us.
[murmurs]
Man1: He's right, this is a two-party system.
Man2: Well, I believe I'll vote for a third-party candidate.
Kang: Go ahead, throw your vote away.
[Kang and Kodos laugh out loud]
[Ross Perot smashes his "Perot 96" hat]

johngateswhiteley
02-01-2007, 02:59 AM
If I may borrow a scene from The Simpsons.

Homer: America, take a good look at your beloved candidates. They're
nothing but hideous space reptiles. [unmasks them]
[audience gasps in terror]
Kodos: It's true, we are aliens. But what are you going to do about
it? It's a two-party system; you have to vote for one of us.
[murmurs]
Man1: He's right, this is a two-party system.
Man2: Well, I believe I'll vote for a third-party candidate.
Kang: Go ahead, throw your vote away.
[Kang and Kodos laugh out loud]
[Ross Perot smashes his "Perot 96" hat]

well, i know a lot of people feel that way...thats a mistake. everyone can make a difference.

Nbadan
02-01-2007, 05:52 PM
Franken is in...

WASHINGTON -- Comedian and radio talk show host Al Franken has begun calling Democratic members of Congress and prominent Minnesota Democrats to tell them he will definitely challenge Republican Sen. Norm Coleman in 2008, McClatchy Newspapers has learned.

On Monday, Franken announced that he was quitting his radio show on Feb. 14, and he told his audience that they'd be the first to know of his decision. But Franken has been working the phones in recent days, telling his political friends he's ready to declare his candidacy. McClatchy Newspapers confirmed Wednesday that Franken made calls to at least two members of the Minnesota congressional delegation in Washington to break the news. The sources spoke on the condition of anonymity, not wanting to pre-empt Franken's announcement.

"From his voice to my ears, he's running," said one House member, who relayed the remark via his press secretary.

"I can tell you we got one of those calls," said a top-ranked aide for another House member.

Franken declined to be interviewed....

real cities (http://www.realcities.com/mld/krwashington/16590899.htm)