PDA

View Full Version : Singeltary heading to Dallas for a interview

mardigan
01-29-2007, 06:25 PM
Reported by Chris Mortenson on ESPN today, dont have a link yet, but I will get it up asap. Ive been calling for this guy for awhile, dont know the capacity for what hes interviewing for, but it excites the hell out of me

mardigan
01-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Singletary Will Interview For Head Coaching Job
The Cowboys have confirmed that Mike Singletary, Hall of Fame linebacker and 49ers assistant head coach the past two years, will interview for the Cowboys' vacant head coaching job Tuesday.

Singletary, of course, played at Baylor and was a member of the Chicago Bears' '85 Super Bowl team.

Seven coaches have interviewed in the last seven days for the Cowboys' head coaching job, most recently outside candidates Wade Phillips, Gary Gibbs and Norv Turner.

mardigan
01-29-2007, 06:55 PM
Cowboyshttp://blog.dallascowboys.com/blogs/bigshotblurbs/archive/2007/01/29/377106.aspx

Mr. Peabody
01-29-2007, 07:20 PM
Great news! From all appearances, he is a great leader and has the personality to keep the players in check.

I hope this means that JJ isn't sold on Norv Turner.

mardigan
01-29-2007, 07:25 PM
I been high on Singeltary for quite some time, I would love to see Jerry bring this guy in, if anyone could handle TO, it would be him. And that doesnt even necessarily mean they still wouldnt bring in Norv for O.C., that would be the shit

dallaskd
01-29-2007, 07:30 PM
a much better choice than the others.

mardigan
01-29-2007, 07:32 PM
a much better choice than the others.
And he runs a 3-4

Mr. Peabody
01-29-2007, 07:33 PM
My understanding is that JJ is only interviewing him to satisfy the Rooney Rule, but hopefully Singeltary makes a great impression on JJ.

dallaskd
01-29-2007, 07:34 PM
id pick singletary. hes a defensive guy and we already brought in garrett who can develop romo and jump start the offense

mardigan
01-29-2007, 08:28 PM
^^^I dont know, its just what I heard that guy from NFL Network say that, Adam Schefter, but maybe, their arent many coaches that run that bear 46 d though

scott
01-29-2007, 08:50 PM
My understanding is that JJ is only interviewing him to satisfy the Rooney Rule, but hopefully Singeltary makes a great impression on JJ.

The Cowboys already satisfied the Rooney Rule by interviewing Todd Bowels. I think this is a legit interview, which excites the hell out of me.

Big Pimp_21
01-29-2007, 08:52 PM

They already satisfied the Rooney Rule by interviewing Todd Bowles last week. Singletary is one of two things:

1. A serious candidate for head coach
2. Norv Turners choice for D-Coordinator

either way would be fine by me. Even a coaching line-up of Norv (HC), Garrett (OC), and Singletary (DC) sounds good to me.

AlamoSpursFan
01-29-2007, 09:07 PM
http://dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=708B2CA8-9915-5206-9E8FB27A01A852DD

I like it.

I like it a lot.

infinite styles
01-29-2007, 09:39 PM
They said he had a great interview with Miami but for some reason or another they went a different direction. I've wanted them to get him an interview since Parcells left. Hopefully Jerry takes him seriously and gets him in the organization one way or the other. I don't want the Cowboys to go through 4 one year coaches just because JJ wants to play puppet master again.

Fillmoe
01-30-2007, 01:25 AM
whats up with cowfucks stealing our coaches?

kskonn
01-30-2007, 12:11 PM
whats up with cowfucks stealing our coaches?

it is the way. they are just trading up.

mardigan
01-30-2007, 06:38 PM
He is in the 7th hour of the interview right now, whatever that means

Big Pimp_21
01-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Yeah, most "token" interviews don't last 7-8 hours. I think Jerry likes what he hears. I will not be at all suprised if Singletary is names HC or DC by tomorrow afternoon.

mardigan
01-30-2007, 07:02 PM
I am praying for that, I love that guy

mardigan
01-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Singletary Positive After Interviewing For Coaching Job

Nick Eatman - Email
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer
January 30, 2007 4:48 PM Change Font Size A A A A

Singletary said he was pleased with his interview with the Cowboys here Tuesday at Valley Ranch.
IRVING, Texas - The Cowboys have interviewed their eighth candidate for the head coaching job, as Mike Singletary spent several hours at Valley Ranch on Tuesday.

Singletary, 48, has only been coaching for four seasons, including the last two in San Francisco where he served as assistant head coach/defense this past season. Singletary was also the 49ers' assistant head coach/linebackers in 2005 after spending the previous two years as Ravens' inside linebackers coach.

This is the third time Singletary has interviewed for a head coaching job, after meeting with the Lions last season and then the Falcons this year.

Singletary becomes the fourth candidate to interview since Wade Phillips met with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones last Friday. The Cowboys also interviewed Saints defensive coordinator Gary Gibbs on Saturday, followed by 49ers offensive coordinator Norv Turner, who interviewed Sunday and still appears to be the front-runner for the job, despite Singletary's interview today.

Last week, the Cowboys interviewed assistants Todd Bowles, Tony Sparano and Todd Haley, who left the staff for Arizona to become the Cardinals' offensive coordinator.

The Cowboys also lost two more assistants Monday when quarterbacks coach Chris Palmer left to take the same position with the Giants. Although he was under contract, the Cowboys gave him permission to rejoin Tom Coughlin, whom he worked with in Jacksonville. And safeties coach Mike MacIntyre, whose contract expired after the season, left to join the Jets' staff as secondary coach.

With Singletary interviewing Tuesday, the Cowboys aren't likely to make a decision until at least Wednesday. Jones is expected to leave for Super Bowl XLI in Miami on Thursday.

Singletary, who was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1998 after a 12-year career with the Chicago Bears, would be an interesting choice for the Cowboys, who switched to a 3-4 defense under Parcells two years ago.

The 49ers ran a 3-4 defensive scheme the past few years, and Singletary has also coached the 3-4 in Baltimore, too.

Singletary, 48, is a Houston native who starred at Baylor University before joining Chicago as a second-round draft pick in 1981. Singletary was a 10-time Pro Bowler with the Bears and finished his illustrious career with 1,488 tackles.

Along with Bowles, Singletary becomes the second African-American to interview with the Cowboys for the head coaching job, further complying with the "Rooney Rule," which states all teams must interview at least one minority candidate for head coaching vacancies.

Obstructed_View
01-31-2007, 07:09 PM
Ditto. Number 63 to the Cowboys.