PDA

View Full Version : Sprewell sued for $200M

Johnny_Blaze_47
01-29-2007, 07:17 PM
Latrell Sprewell named in $200 million NYC palimony suit

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

The mother of four of former NBA star Latrell Sprewell’s children sued him for $200 million Monday, alleging Sprewell broke their long-term cohabitation deal and roughed her up last month in their Westchester County home.

Candace Cabbil brought the lawsuit in U.S. District Court in Manhattan, saying Sprewell recently ended the steady living arrangement that developed after they met in 1989 when both attended the University of Alabama.

“I certainly have no comment about that at this point,” said Jonathan C. Smith, an attorney for Sprewell.

The lawsuit says that on Sept. 8, Sprewell broke his promise to share his life, and his fortune, with Cabbil when he entered their Purchase, N.Y., home and announced they needed “to end this fake” relationship.

Sprewell started giving Cabbil less money than usual for household expenses and for their children, ages 3, 7, 8 and 11, and made himself scarce when she tried to find him, the lawsuit says. The lawsuit said Cabbil also was the guardian for a 16-year-old child Sprewell fathered with another woman.

It alleges that, in December, Sprewell entered their home, chased Cabbil around and smacked her hand to prevent her from trying to use a cell phone to call police. Then he allegedly grabbed her and dragged her down a flight of stairs by her feet, causing her physical and emotional injury.

According to the lawsuit, the encounter brought a violent end to a relationship that belied earlier promises that she had “nothing to worry about” and she “owned everything he owned” despite his failure to marry or to put her name on the home he bought for $3 million in 2000.

Cabbil, who gave up a $25,000 job at a hospital to have their first child in 1995, said in the lawsuit that there was rarely less than $100,000 in the couple’s joint bank account.

Sprewell also hired a baby sitter and a house cleaner, bought Cabbil new cars and registered Cabbil as his wife with the National Basketball Association so she could receive health insurance, the lawsuit said.

When Sprewell was traded from the New York Knicks to the Minnesota Timberwolves in July 2003, the couple agreed that Cabbil and the children would remain in Purchase while Sprewell went to play in Minnesota, the lawsuit said.

Instead of returning to his family in New York, Sprewell chose to live on a yacht he had purchased in Wisconsin, the lawsuit said.

Sprewell, who lives in River Hills, Wis., near Milwaukee, played 13 NBA seasons, most recently with the Timberwolves in the 2004-05 season. He was a four-time All-Star.

Sprewell has not played professional basketball since turning down a three-year, $21 million extension from Minnesota.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/breaking_news/story/492990p-415249c.html

rep
01-29-2007, 07:26 PM
No wonder why he needed to feed his family... This is crazy...

Viva Las Espuelas
01-29-2007, 08:19 PM
what an idiot

mardigan
01-29-2007, 08:24 PM
He may be an idiot, but 200 mil? This chick is never gonna get that if they wernt married. Maybe she will settle for some spinners

ponky
01-29-2007, 08:27 PM
fuck him, i can't believe i ever rooted for him when he was a knick...at least he made the mistake of registering her as his wife with the nba although this may not mean anything depending on the state...she will at least get some very decent child support

TDMVPDPOY
01-29-2007, 11:29 PM
the question is, does he even have 200mill to begin with....

trueD
01-29-2007, 11:38 PM
My momma says: You can't get blood from a turnip. :lol

What an ass to abandon his children and their mother - along with his child from another relationship. That yacht is the next thing to go, then where will he live with no income? :lmao

I didn't realize he has 13 years under his belt in the NBA, no wonder Minne offered him a measly $21/3 year deal, shucks.

ducks
01-29-2007, 11:50 PM
the lady is crying because there was only 100,000 in the joint bank account after he bought her cars?
she looks like a gold digger to me. All she did is give up 25k job...............

ponky
01-29-2007, 11:57 PM
the lady is crying because there was only 100,000 in the joint bank account after he bought her cars?
she looks like a gold digger to me. All she did is give up 25k job...............

have you ever seen the houses in purchase, ny? these are not your regular old 2000 sq. ft cookie cutter houses, we're talking HUGE houses set back more than a 100-200 feet from the street. i used to drive through there all the time, i'm sure you need quite a bit of money to keep those houses running and spree probably had one hell of a house. 100K doesn't allow you to buy much in the wealthiest county in the country when you have three (or four?) kids to take care of and HELLO, she didn't just give up her 25K job, she was the mother of their three kids and probably had to raise those children alone because spree was always on the road with the team or living it up on his yacht. this ain't texas, 100K ain't much in ny when you live in westchester or nyc.

trueD
01-30-2007, 01:58 AM

Making $25,000 before they had a baby together doesn't necessarily make her a gold digger. And hey, he kept having them with her....

Here's what the piece says about the bank account:

Cabbil, who gave up a $25,000 job at a hospital to have their first child in 1995, said in the lawsuit that there was rarely less than $100,000 in the couple’s joint bank account.

To me this portrays a picture of having financial freedom, not "bitching" about the sum being too small. It's likely strategy. declaring that her lifestyle was good-they were in a good position. She undoubtedly expects to collect what she "has lost", even though Spreewell isn't technically making a salary now.

ArgSpursFan
01-30-2007, 10:35 AM
I´m not saying She´s a gold digger.....but she aint messing with no broke N****RS....

mikejones99
01-30-2007, 07:39 PM
Just another case of an old whore thinking her vagina is worth cash, That cunt needs to be in prison.

mardigan
01-30-2007, 08:25 PM
Dont get me wrong, he should support his kids, but he doesnt owe her shit.

ponky
01-30-2007, 11:10 PM
Just another case of an old whore thinking her vagina is worth cash, That cunt needs to be in prison.

hate women much, dickhead?

reading just the first page of your posts in your profile had me rolling on the floor laughing, it was so misogynistic about several people...you must be one sad person

Louae
01-31-2007, 10:32 AM
HELLO, she didn't just give up her 25K job, she was the mother of their three kids and probably had to raise those children alone because spree was always on the road with the team or living it up on his yacht. this ain't texas, 100K ain't much in ny when you live in westchester or nyc.

Are you fuckin' serious? When you're with a multi-millionaire, you don't need to be alone raising children. You have care-takers helping you. You're only job is to fuck your husband and spend his money. There's no way in hell you're going to get me to cry me a river for this woman.

Crookshanks
01-31-2007, 01:09 PM
Ahem - message to women - a man will not buy the cow if he's getting the milk for free! If you think so little of yourself as to live with a man without him loving you enough to make the commitment to marry you, and then you go and have bastard children with him - you deserve what you get! Spree should support the children, but the owes nothing to that woman. She got a free ride for at least 10 years - and she STILL couldn't get him to marry her!

N4th4n
01-31-2007, 07:02 PM
OK now for real, who didn't see these battle lines being drawn. Ponky Vs a horde of misogynistic male Texans. This truely is a classic.

mikejones99
01-31-2007, 07:46 PM
You mean Ponky the Pussy vs real men who don't think you should have to pay cash for sex. That bitch could not get anyone to give her $20 for her used up ponky.

ALVAREZ6
01-31-2007, 07:58 PM
the question is, does he even have 200mill to begin with....
I highly doubt Spree has 200 mil, there's just no way. Even if he had made that much in his career, there's no way he still has it all.

mikejones99
01-31-2007, 08:07 PM
He would play for less than 5 mil now

Kori Ellis
01-31-2007, 08:09 PM
I highly doubt Spree has 200 mil, there's just no way. Even if he had made that much in his career, there's no way he still has it all.

Well, I'd imagine he made a crap load of money from the rims, so he probably has a lot of money.

(And from Sprewell Racing)

Vinnie_Johnson
01-31-2007, 11:44 PM
Spree is a peice of crap. Back in his GS days his pitbull attacked his daughter and messed her face up. Spree didn't want to get rid of the dog said it wasn't the dogs fault.

trueD
02-01-2007, 03:10 AM
Ahem - message to women - a man will not buy the cow if he's getting the milk for free! If you think so little of yourself as to live with a man without him loving you enough to make the commitment to marry you, and then you go and have bastard children with him - you deserve what you get! Spree should support the children, but the owes nothing to that woman. She got a free ride for at least 10 years - and she STILL couldn't get him to marry her!

Question: Why should she marry him and mess up that beautiful thing she had going?

Sacramental
02-01-2007, 03:11 AM
who cares about latrell spreewell.

trueD
02-01-2007, 03:26 AM
I dunno, maybe his pitbull?

ShackO
02-02-2007, 06:22 PM

I guess you did enough to post in the thread.............:rolleyes

ShackO
02-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Spree is a peice of crap. Back in his GS days his pitbull attacked his daughter and messed her face up. Spree didn't want to get rid of the dog said it wasn't the dogs fault.

Don't forget about the little incident w/ his hands on someones throat.......

He has always been such a nice guy........... & been able to stay out of jail.............

Maybe he can get a loan from larry brown to pay her off.............
:dizzy

Chief
02-02-2007, 06:37 PM
he owes her child support, that's it.

mikejones99
02-07-2007, 10:46 PM
He don't owe that bitch a goddam thing. They need to tell her to go to a mental institution. 200 mil, what a whore.

Brutalis
02-07-2007, 10:54 PM
Dumb hoes trying to make a dime.

kskonn
02-08-2007, 01:45 AM
Dumb hoes trying to make a dime.

well technically she is trying to make 2,000,000,000 dimes.